Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jimmy, oh 07:35 - Nov 22 with 69863 viewsJonDoeman

Poor little Jimmy!

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 00:59 - Dec 2 with 4488 viewsNorthernr

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 23:58 - Dec 1 by bacardiinbrissie

Sorry CCJ, normally i agree with your posts but JFH has nothing to gain by taking the hot-seat at Loftus road and a great deal more to lose.
Just cant think why he'd do it now to be in a league that he''l be coaching in with Burton in 6 months.

Our fans really need to stop thinking of us as a big club and look at the "here & now", not once was.
I could understand him coming in the summer, but not right now

Just my opinion though.

Well it is a bigger club with more potential in London where he wants to live.
Succeed - very good, well done, bigger job for you.
Fail - Well everybody fails at QPR look at the fcking state of the place, worst case scenario he goes back to another League One job which is where he is now.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 07:46 - Dec 2 with 4321 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Fresh-doubt-Hasselbaink-s-Burton-Albion-future/story

It Is What It Is !!

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:44 - Dec 2 with 4212 viewsFDC

Announcement imminent apparently

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-poised-to-confirm-hasselbaink-appointment
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 08:44 - Dec 2 with 4211 viewsSydneyRs

Dave McIntyre reporting it now. Looking very likely.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-poised-to-confirm-hasselbaink-appointment
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:44 - Dec 2 with 4103 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sorry CCJ, normally i agree with your posts but JFH has nothing to gain by taking the hot-seat at Loftus road and a great deal more to lose.
Just cant think why he'd do it now to be in a league that he''l be coaching in with Burton in 6 months.

Our fans really need to stop thinking of us as a big club and look at the "here & now", not once was.

Just my opinion though.

Cheers barcardi, I am glad at least one person agrees with my posts sometimes!!

For what it is worth, I don't think we are much bigger or smaller than we have been for the last thirty years in peoples perception. I still think it is a big draw for potential managers.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:50 - Dec 2 with 4062 viewsDiscodroids

oh well, got my hopes up with a few reports in the last few days Linking us To Kenny Jackett.

Looks nailed on With Pretty boy now.

Not the worst appointment.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 4017 viewsstevec

According to my newspaper, Burton went top of their league in front of a 2,000+ crowd. If that's not a reason to move on I don't know what is.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:07 - Dec 2 with 3979 viewskingsburyR

He'll be properly pissed when we pass each other at the end of the season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:17 - Dec 2 with 3938 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 09:50 - Dec 2 by Discodroids

oh well, got my hopes up with a few reports in the last few days Linking us To Kenny Jackett.

Looks nailed on With Pretty boy now.

Not the worst appointment.

Jackett still in the frame from what i've heard, depends how this interview goes with Jimmy Flloyd
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:18 - Dec 2 with 3933 viewspastieR

Not a regular any more, but from my armchair
I wanted this appointment at the start of the season. So if it happens, I will be pleased
Always felt QPR should be looking for those with potential and developing them. We don't have the resources to get the finished article, so are more likely to get someone with experience who has obvious flaws.
So whilst it's a risk to appoint someone with only 3 years experience, I don't see many top ex players who have been willing to learn the managerial game in the lower leagues. Hopefully, this shows JFH has the drive to be a success at the QPR helm.
So only time will tell whether good appointment or not, but I like the change in approach the club has taken.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:19 - Dec 2 with 3925 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just my opinion though.

Never understood this 'wait til the end of the season' stuff. Why? When an opportunity comes, if you want it, take it.
Burton are a great club, but here's a quote from one of Burton's own players:

"At the end of the day the gaffer is based down that way and QPR is an unbelievable job. No-one can hold any grudges if he does make that decision to go."

I don't think QPR are a massive club, but the job is one of the top 30 in the country, maybe even top 25 when you take into account you get to live in London and the pay will be generous.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 3862 viewsDiscodroids

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:17 - Dec 2 by daveB

Jackett still in the frame from what i've heard, depends how this interview goes with Jimmy Flloyd

Just have a feeling Dave that this job will engulf JFH. IMO Jackett is the more capable and resilient. We shall find out in due course i suppose.

Good luck JFH.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 3862 viewsDWQPR

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:17 - Dec 2 by daveB

To be honest I cannot see the attraction with Kenny Jackett. Got Wolves back to the Championship at the first attempt but to be honest he ought to have done. He would be the type of appointment in my eyes to stabilise a club but nothing more. Decent bloke, decent coach and an OK manager. I do look forward though to JFH if he is appointed. Comes across really well on TV whenever he is wheeled on as a pundit and has done an exceptional job at Burton, when I fully expected that the appointment was made to attract the glare of the media and within a year he would have gone with Burton struggling in League Two.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 3850 viewsHayesender

Any Burton players we should poach in January?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:22 - Dec 2 with 3717 viewsexiled_dictator

official approach made to burton
talks have now opened
announcement will be made before i press the 'add reply' button.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:42 - Dec 2 with 3654 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:32 - Dec 2 by DWQPR

To be honest I cannot see the attraction with Kenny Jackett. Got Wolves back to the Championship at the first attempt but to be honest he ought to have done. He would be the type of appointment in my eyes to stabilise a club but nothing more. Decent bloke, decent coach and an OK manager. I do look forward though to JFH if he is appointed. Comes across really well on TV whenever he is wheeled on as a pundit and has done an exceptional job at Burton, when I fully expected that the appointment was made to attract the glare of the media and within a year he would have gone with Burton struggling in League Two.

Depends what you want though, I'm quite happy for someone to come in an stabilise us and put us in a position where we have a better chance of surviving if we do go up, I think Jackett is perfect for that.
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:42 - Dec 2 with 3648 viewsdaveB

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 10:31 - Dec 2 by Discodroids

Just have a feeling Dave that this job will engulf JFH. IMO Jackett is the more capable and resilient. We shall find out in due course i suppose.

Good luck JFH.

I agree mate, but hope I'm wrong
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:58 - Dec 2 with 3570 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:42 - Dec 2 by daveB

I agree mate, but hope I'm wrong

Why do you think that Dave/ Disco?

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:08 - Dec 2 with 3509 viewseghamranger

Young up and coming manager who was a quality player even though he played for scum. Hardly any experience but has been good where he has been. Have him over Powell, Sherwood and Jackett

Done deal by the sounds of it. Welcome JFH... Songs will be longer than normal.

Chery and Fer must be happy
Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:36 - Dec 2 with 3417 viewsDiscodroids

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 11:58 - Dec 2 by Antti_Heinola

Why do you think that Dave/ Disco?

Im not against a JFH appointment Antti, In fact he wold have been my 4th choice, which i'll take any day after the last Mindblowing Board decision to appoint Ramsey.

I think Jackett may have an image problem, he may seem dour, pragmatic and as sexy as Emily Thornberry in full stussys . I Feel , and have done since a 2-0 away defeat at Forest on boxing day 2013 at 4.50pm, That Jackett has the resilience , The proven skills and relevant experience pertaining to Taking on a Job of this magnitude.

I discount Wolves mediocre start to this season, hes entitled to a relative lull on what has otherwise been an upward trajectory since he took over at a club which found itself in unaccustomed reduced circumstances such as we find ourselves in now.

I look at what he has done with players such as Afobe, Diko, Iorfa and IMO the best midfield player outside the Premier league , Kevin mcdonald , who was pissing away his career on sheff utds bench.

Christ, he even got a tune out of Richard Stearman for a million quid to fulham. David Nixon job that one.

Jackett seems an unruffled , stoical Man who has the balls to turn round a club still infested with the odd huge earning turd With Stephen fry ego .Just the sort of general we need to stabilise, and seed the earth for future prosperity .

I look at this Exciting flashing young blade from Burton, and im not to sure on his temperamant, i may be wrong but im sure he's had a few temper tantrums with the dutch squad and throughout his career as a player.

Hes an exciting appoinment but one which has not yet suffered disappointment and if anythings for sure hes gonna feel it here , time and time again. He Could respond well to adversity, he could be overwhelmed at this club.I dont know . I just feel his chances of success at QPR are either 10% or 90%, With Jackett, i Reckon we have a solid 75%.

You have to fold space and imbibe spice to bridge the set ups at Burton and QPR.

I wish him well, and there wont be any complaints from me if we do end up with JFH
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 12:38]

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:49 - Dec 2 with 3355 viewsTheBlob

I suspect when things aren't going too well someone not a million miles from here will be calling him Scooby.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 13:02 - Dec 2 with 3289 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:36 - Dec 2 by Discodroids

Im not against a JFH appointment Antti, In fact he wold have been my 4th choice, which i'll take any day after the last Mindblowing Board decision to appoint Ramsey.

I think Jackett may have an image problem, he may seem dour, pragmatic and as sexy as Emily Thornberry in full stussys . I Feel , and have done since a 2-0 away defeat at Forest on boxing day 2013 at 4.50pm, That Jackett has the resilience , The proven skills and relevant experience pertaining to Taking on a Job of this magnitude.

I discount Wolves mediocre start to this season, hes entitled to a relative lull on what has otherwise been an upward trajectory since he took over at a club which found itself in unaccustomed reduced circumstances such as we find ourselves in now.

I look at what he has done with players such as Afobe, Diko, Iorfa and IMO the best midfield player outside the Premier league , Kevin mcdonald , who was pissing away his career on sheff utds bench.

Christ, he even got a tune out of Richard Stearman for a million quid to fulham. David Nixon job that one.

Jackett seems an unruffled , stoical Man who has the balls to turn round a club still infested with the odd huge earning turd With Stephen fry ego .Just the sort of general we need to stabilise, and seed the earth for future prosperity .

I look at this Exciting flashing young blade from Burton, and im not to sure on his temperamant, i may be wrong but im sure he's had a few temper tantrums with the dutch squad and throughout his career as a player.

Hes an exciting appoinment but one which has not yet suffered disappointment and if anythings for sure hes gonna feel it here , time and time again. He Could respond well to adversity, he could be overwhelmed at this club.I dont know . I just feel his chances of success at QPR are either 10% or 90%, With Jackett, i Reckon we have a solid 75%.

You have to fold space and imbibe spice to bridge the set ups at Burton and QPR.

I wish him well, and there wont be any complaints from me if we do end up with JFH

Good post. Like you, I like Jackett - we should've appointed him when we appointed Redknapp, for a start, so you get no argument from me there.
I suppose all I'm really saying is what we have to go on with JFH is 'a feeling' based on relative inexperience. My feeling is he is extremely tough and resilient. But the most important thing is that the players at Burton seem to have incredible loyalty to him, which is a great sign in a manager.
I think Dave Mc says 'beware managers who do well at well-run clubs' but in truth, JFH didn;t just do well, he took the club to a whole new level inside 12 months. That's not exactly just holding on to the reigns.

He also meticulously explored the Burton job before he took it. I assume he'll do the same here. If he feels it's as bad-a job as we all think it is, he'll turn it down. If he takes it, I hope it's done on more than hope and convenience of location. He doesn't strike me, though, as being that stupid or that shallow.

The fact is, it's a good job. The set up is improving. The squad is not bad. TF is mad, but in a nice way. The right man could make it work. Hope it's JFH, but like everyone I have reservations. But I'd have reservations about anyone we appointed and the 'solution' is not simply a change of head coach.

Bare bones.

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:18 - Dec 2 with 3071 viewspaulparker

If true then well done Hoos and LF , excellent appointment and a man on the up for a change , this could really kick start our season especially when we have wasted a pre season messing around with Ramsey when it was obvious he wasn't going to last until xmas , my 1st choice was Warburton but just as happy with Jimmy he will get my 100 % support
the thing that I like about JFH is he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly, he wants to win , has a very steely awe about him, can organise the defence and low and behold has a game plan
the likes of Green, Toszer, Angella, Perch , Fer, Phillips will need to up there game with him around
also a well done to NW for the good work he has done in the last few weeks, some of the stuff written about him on here has been disgraceful some real spiteful& jealous QPR fans out there , hopefully NW can be kept on as a head scout or helping out the Kids we have in the youth team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:21 - Dec 2 with 3057 viewspaulparker

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 12:36 - Dec 2 by Discodroids

Good Post Disco

I like Jackett and don't forget he also bombed out a lot of the overpaid sh1t like o'hara, Henry, Doyle to bring through those players you talk about, something that is much needed here
going back to that Forest game I remember posting Arry should be sacked on the spot for that awful, lazy inept display and I got dogs abuse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:50 - Dec 2 with 2955 viewscalHoop

Jimmy Jimmy, oh on 14:18 - Dec 2 by paulparker

If true then well done Hoos and LF , excellent appointment and a man on the up for a change , this could really kick start our season especially when we have wasted a pre season messing around with Ramsey when it was obvious he wasn't going to last until xmas , my 1st choice was Warburton but just as happy with Jimmy he will get my 100 % support
the thing that I like about JFH is he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly, he wants to win , has a very steely awe about him, can organise the defence and low and behold has a game plan
the likes of Green, Toszer, Angella, Perch , Fer, Phillips will need to up there game with him around
also a well done to NW for the good work he has done in the last few weeks, some of the stuff written about him on here has been disgraceful some real spiteful& jealous QPR fans out there , hopefully NW can be kept on as a head scout or helping out the Kids we have in the youth team

Agreed with all of that. He is big on fitness, so there won't be any hiding place for coasters.

Our first on the up permanent appointment since Olly, who was the first on the up appointment since Gerry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024