Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That new stadium you paid for 17:39 - Oct 2 with 19391 viewsBoston

....over in Stratford. Hurry up and pay for more policing will ya. Again disturbances between 'new' and old fans inside the ground and a good old school brawl with Boro outside.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That new stadium you paid for on 17:56 - Oct 2 with 6281 viewsMedwayR

It's West Ham fans that are causing the problems and it's ultimately West Ham's reputation & attendances that will be damaged, so West Ham should be paying for the extra policing. They've been given enough support from the taxpayer as it is.

Poll: Who’s better?

That new stadium you paid for on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 6272 viewsBoston

That new stadium you paid for on 17:56 - Oct 2 by MedwayR

It's West Ham fans that are causing the problems and it's ultimately West Ham's reputation & attendances that will be damaged, so West Ham should be paying for the extra policing. They've been given enough support from the taxpayer as it is.

You bought it, you own it.

That new stadium you paid for on 18:34 - Oct 2 with 6174 viewsconnell10

i think they should be made to play behind closed doors if this continues.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

That new stadium you paid for on 18:36 - Oct 2 with 6159 viewsJuzzie

6000+ Chelsea visiting in a few weeks.

Going to be interesting.
That new stadium you paid for on 20:35 - Oct 2 with 5930 viewsTacticalR

I thought that the police had already made clear that they wanted nothing to do with football hooligans?

West Ham's plea for police help at London Stadium turned down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37348308

Air hostess clique

That new stadium you paid for on 21:26 - Oct 2 with 5795 viewsPunteR

There is something very wrong going on.
I havent been paying much attention to the whole thing but it looks like someone is properly going to get hurt.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

That new stadium you paid for on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 5655 viewskingsburyR

Pal of mine goes down to West ham regularly. Says the atmosphere is poisonous.

Says outside is a free for all with no policing at all.

Good luck when Chelsea turn up....

Or spurs for that matter!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

That new stadium you paid for on 23:06 - Oct 2 with 5553 viewsDesertBoot

Throw in bad results and a number of fans who hate their team playing there -not a great combination. Some friends of mine were there and the trouble inside the ground started with home fans fighting home fans.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

That new stadium you paid for on 23:20 - Oct 2 with 5533 viewsBoston

Never been in there, but walked around and in my opinion the place is very difficult to police, especially for football. All the entry's, design features, landscaping, its a minefield, any larger outfit looking for trouble are laughing. Call out the Army Reserves....and the Salvation Army.

That new stadium you paid for on 06:22 - Oct 3 with 5378 viewsLowerloftLad

A few bad results at upton park then the there fans would boo and jump onto the players backs almost as fast the wolves fans do so now there's 57k a week and the team can't cope with it is no surprise

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

That new stadium you paid for on 10:19 - Oct 3 with 5138 viewsrobith

They were gobbing off as well because CRATE brewery, a lovely boozer by the canal that they are steadfastly trying to ruin asked them to help them meet their license conditions.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/kit_wearing_west_ham_fans_banned_from_bar_a

Contains the sentence “It’s bizarre to me to think that West Ham can’t fit in in East London, because we are East London.”
That new stadium you paid for on 11:39 - Oct 3 with 5035 viewsJuzzie

Their fans are beyond belief. Been giving it the big 'un for years they need a new bigger stadium 'cos they're so great.

They then get one paid for by the tax payer and they just supply the goals and flags (you couldn't make it up) and the attendance goes up and they're still moaning that they're "newcomers". What the fk did they expect??

I was a newcomer once, we all were.

Surely they should be embracing new fans but it's the I've-been-going-for-years-and-I'm-a-better-fan-than-you mentality,

As for fighting both their own and opposition fans..... Jesus wept.
That new stadium you paid for on 12:13 - Oct 3 with 4993 viewsthemodfather

i call it the "curse of the new ground" many clubs struggled and loads went down....i thought the club and fans had already agreed areas for singing and people to stay in their groups.
still, thank god they didn't create a family stand, create new pricing bands (gold,silver etc) !! lol
That new stadium you paid for on 12:24 - Oct 3 with 4962 viewsTacticalR

That new stadium you paid for on 23:20 - Oct 2 by Boston

Never been in there, but walked around and in my opinion the place is very difficult to police, especially for football. All the entry's, design features, landscaping, its a minefield, any larger outfit looking for trouble are laughing. Call out the Army Reserves....and the Salvation Army.

There might not be a standing zone, but at least there is a hooligan zone.

Air hostess clique

That new stadium you paid for on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 4837 viewsPlanetHonneywood

And no doubt they will expect us to pay for any fines levied against them, over the complaint just made over sex discrimination.

F..k 'em!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That new stadium you paid for on 13:42 - Oct 3 with 4799 viewspaulparker

I feel for the hardcore West Ham fan I really do, from going from a working class club with a nice compact stadium to being another Arsenal with a crap stadium , with owners who want to take away everything they stood for so they can sell on to the next Chinese billionaire
the stadium is a joke with stewards who want to throw you out for standing up
transport is crap and most of the bars wont even serve fans as they would rather have the shoppers from Westfield
the day when we move to our soulless 40k bowl stadium selling popcorn and gourmet burgers for £8 a pop is the day I stop going
its not football its American sanitised sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That new stadium you paid for on 14:00 - Oct 3 with 4752 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That new stadium you paid for on 12:13 - Oct 3 by themodfather

i call it the "curse of the new ground" many clubs struggled and loads went down....i thought the club and fans had already agreed areas for singing and people to stay in their groups.
still, thank god they didn't create a family stand, create new pricing bands (gold,silver etc) !! lol

Yes, I hadn't realised that Southampton didn't win something like their first ten games at St Marys.
That new stadium you paid for on 15:47 - Oct 3 with 4676 viewsvegasranger

That new stadium you paid for on 13:42 - Oct 3 by paulparker

I feel for the hardcore West Ham fan I really do, from going from a working class club with a nice compact stadium to being another Arsenal with a crap stadium , with owners who want to take away everything they stood for so they can sell on to the next Chinese billionaire
transport is crap and most of the bars wont even serve fans as they would rather have the shoppers from Westfield
the day when we move to our soulless 40k bowl stadium selling popcorn and gourmet burgers for £8 a pop is the day I stop going

It doesn't have to be a 40,000 soulless bowl. Check out some of the stadiums in Germany for example. If we don't move from our stadium we will soon have one of the smaller grounds in the 1st Division let alone Championship. Soon Brentford will have a bigger ground. Love Loftus Road but it's time to move on or expect a lower level of football.
That new stadium you paid for on 16:00 - Oct 3 with 4653 viewsJuzzie

It's what they wanted though.

Be careful what you wish for.....
That new stadium you paid for on 00:52 - Oct 4 with 4418 viewsBoston

That new stadium you paid for on 10:19 - Oct 3 by robith

They were gobbing off as well because CRATE brewery, a lovely boozer by the canal that they are steadfastly trying to ruin asked them to help them meet their license conditions.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/kit_wearing_west_ham_fans_banned_from_bar_a

Contains the sentence “It’s bizarre to me to think that West Ham can’t fit in in East London, because we are East London.”

Bit like the Defectors Weld really.

That new stadium you paid for on 08:27 - Oct 4 with 4335 viewspaulparker

That new stadium you paid for on 16:00 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

It's what they wanted though.

Be careful what you wish for.....

The West Ham fans I know didn't want this move , they wanted to extend or build on the chicken run
they were sold a pup by Sullivan gold & brady about how they would go to the next level
how they would spend millions, how most of the supporter's would have singing sections , how transport links would be better , how they would be looked after , how this was the only way for West Ham to compete etc
all they are doing is hoping to get the stadium on the cheap , profit from the sale of UP
stay in the prem and then sell it all on to the next billionaire who comes along
they don't give rats about the fans or the locals ,
you say be careful what you wish for , well the majority on here want a new ground , who's to say we wont get lumbered with some terrible stadium where tony sells on cut price tickets to his new housing project tenants , where fans are charged £8 for a burger and popcorn , where they cant sing or stand up, where the fans are miles from the pitch
where the stewards are complete t0ss pots
would that be the fans fault then ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That new stadium you paid for on 10:28 - Oct 4 with 4268 viewsJuzzie

That new stadium you paid for on 08:27 - Oct 4 by paulparker

The West Ham fans I know didn't want this move , they wanted to extend or build on the chicken run
they were sold a pup by Sullivan gold & brady about how they would go to the next level
how they would spend millions, how most of the supporter's would have singing sections , how transport links would be better , how they would be looked after , how this was the only way for West Ham to compete etc
all they are doing is hoping to get the stadium on the cheap , profit from the sale of UP
stay in the prem and then sell it all on to the next billionaire who comes along
they don't give rats about the fans or the locals ,
you say be careful what you wish for , well the majority on here want a new ground , who's to say we wont get lumbered with some terrible stadium where tony sells on cut price tickets to his new housing project tenants , where fans are charged £8 for a burger and popcorn , where they cant sing or stand up, where the fans are miles from the pitch
where the stewards are complete t0ss pots
would that be the fans fault then ?

Which is why a lot of people on here have reservations about a move.

Extending the chicken run at the Boleyn is not feasible otherwise they'd have done it by now and probably wouldn't have needed to move.

Same at LR, it really isn't possible to expand and if we do move it has got to be absolutely right. There are many examples of how it can be done wrong (West Ham and Coventry two good examples) there's enough information to know how not to do it.

The 2012 Olympics was the worst thing to happen to West Ham. They'd probably actually have moved out eastwards into a stadium designed for football and football fans, the Olympic Stadium is neither despite hundreds of millions spent to convert it.
That new stadium you paid for on 13:08 - Oct 4 with 4185 viewsFredManRave

Agree with this, especially the "hardcore" West Ham fan bit. This must be a horribale experience for them and I doubt very much that many of them wanted to leave Upton Park. And it's been made all the worse by the way the new ground has been managed by those lovely directors and owners of the club. There are several ways, especially with seating and grouping of fans from old new, that they could have placated the fans but they just haven't bothered.

Can you imagine how drastically for the worse their match day experience has changed?! Prematch, stadium and then post match. Almost unrecognisable. Imagine hot that must be for the thousands of genuine fans that had been going for years and all the history that's been left behind. Doesn't excuse the infighting obviously but you have to understand their frsutration.

It's only a matter of time before it happens to us but let's just hope that more thought, consideration and planning goes in to our move away from Shepherds Bush!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

That new stadium you paid for on 13:27 - Oct 4 with 4134 viewsElHoop

Scum given 5200 tickets for the League Cup game. With extra time and penalties a possibility, that could get very messy indeed.
That new stadium you paid for on 14:07 - Oct 4 with 4097 viewskingsburyR

WARZONE!!!!!!

But please stay seated!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024