Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Al R's tonight 09:16 - Nov 6 with 12074 viewsfinney

we will have a member of the coaching set up on tonight any questions?
Open Al R's tonight on 12:39 - Nov 6 with 1521 viewstoboboly

Will I get my money's worth going to Old Trafford, or Wigan, or even down the pub to watch a game?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Open Al R's tonight on 12:41 - Nov 6 with 1513 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Open Al R's tonight on 12:32 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't suppose he can really answer any questions I'd like answered, but:-

1) Is morale/confidence as bad as it looks?

2) What steps are being taken to address this? Break in routine? Squad honesty sessions? Coaches honesty sessions?

3) Is there any feeling among the squad and/or players that a more attacking philosophy might reap rewards?

Scribble these ones down for sure Paul

It's got to be Yarg

Open Al R's tonight on 12:58 - Nov 6 with 1499 viewsJuzzie

I think it's paramount very honest questions are asked, however tough they may be.

Open Al R's tonight on 13:04 - Nov 6 with 1489 viewsVish

Open Al R's tonight on 12:58 - Nov 6 by Juzzie

I think it's paramount very honest questions are asked, however tough they may be.

i'm sure its a tough one for presenters though.

If the coaching staff get a real hard time on the podcast, they won't be in a hurry to come back anytime soon.
Open Al R's tonight on 13:07 - Nov 6 with 1483 viewstoboboly

Open Al R's tonight on 13:04 - Nov 6 by Vish

i'm sure its a tough one for presenters though.

If the coaching staff get a real hard time on the podcast, they won't be in a hurry to come back anytime soon.

They may not be around long enough to be invited back.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Open Al R's tonight on 13:15 - Nov 6 with 1474 viewsNorthernr

It's very brave of Bowen to agree to this, and a difficult one for whoever is hosting to play, will certainly be an interesting listen.

Quoting from the scout report on Reading that I put together before Sunday's game:
"That attacking set piece threat is not to be overlooked though. Morrison didn’t lose a header in the Arsenal box on Tuesday and in the Spurs game Pearce was similarly effective. The Reading centre back tends to arrive late, and drifts out of the crowd in the box to the back post where the free kick taker will look for him."

And from the scout report before the cup game:

"The only positive impact Pearce had on the game was from attacking set pieces, and I couldn’t believe Tottenham didn’t get wise to him earlier. The centre back arrives late, and drifts out of the crowd in the box to the back post where Danny Guthrie or Ian Harte look for him constantly. On Sunday at White Hart Lane Tottenham did something very similar to QPR, withdrawing Caulker just before the ball is kicked and then sending it very deep into the area and one of his headers back across the goal dropped in off Ale Faurlin. Rangers must watch out for Pearce doing a similar thing."

I'd be interested to know why something somebody with no football experience can pick up on simply by watching Reading on the television has proved to be such a jaw dropping surprise for our defenders across 180 minutes with Reading so far this season, especially as Mark Hughes tells us his preparation is "meticulous".
Open All R's tonight on 13:22 - Nov 6 with 1461 viewsRoller

Maybe you could point out that we are playing Stoke this weekend so the chances are the ball will be pumped repeatedly into our area and maybe suggest that Clint Hill will deal with this beater than Ferdinand.

I doubt their meticulous planning has picked up on this yet.......
Open Al R's tonight on 13:26 - Nov 6 with 1445 viewsFDC

Potentially fascinating podcast on the way, although I agree it's going to be challenging for the hosts.

I'd love to know whether a) the coaching staff feel that whatever it is they try to get across to the players in training *is* materialising on the pitch, but it's just not coming together for them for some other reason, or whether b) the coaching staff are as frustrated as we are because whatever it is they try to get across to the players in training is not getting through for some reason?
Login to get fewer ads

Open Al R's tonight on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 1433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Open Al R's tonight on 13:26 - Nov 6 by FDC

Potentially fascinating podcast on the way, although I agree it's going to be challenging for the hosts.

I'd love to know whether a) the coaching staff feel that whatever it is they try to get across to the players in training *is* materialising on the pitch, but it's just not coming together for them for some other reason, or whether b) the coaching staff are as frustrated as we are because whatever it is they try to get across to the players in training is not getting through for some reason?

Good question. Often wondered that too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Open Al R's tonight on 13:39 - Nov 6 with 1420 viewsBAWHoops

Open Al R's tonight on 13:15 - Nov 6 by Northernr

It's very brave of Bowen to agree to this, and a difficult one for whoever is hosting to play, will certainly be an interesting listen.

Quoting from the scout report on Reading that I put together before Sunday's game:
"That attacking set piece threat is not to be overlooked though. Morrison didn’t lose a header in the Arsenal box on Tuesday and in the Spurs game Pearce was similarly effective. The Reading centre back tends to arrive late, and drifts out of the crowd in the box to the back post where the free kick taker will look for him."

And from the scout report before the cup game:

"The only positive impact Pearce had on the game was from attacking set pieces, and I couldn’t believe Tottenham didn’t get wise to him earlier. The centre back arrives late, and drifts out of the crowd in the box to the back post where Danny Guthrie or Ian Harte look for him constantly. On Sunday at White Hart Lane Tottenham did something very similar to QPR, withdrawing Caulker just before the ball is kicked and then sending it very deep into the area and one of his headers back across the goal dropped in off Ale Faurlin. Rangers must watch out for Pearce doing a similar thing."

I'd be interested to know why something somebody with no football experience can pick up on simply by watching Reading on the television has proved to be such a jaw dropping surprise for our defenders across 180 minutes with Reading so far this season, especially as Mark Hughes tells us his preparation is "meticulous".

I was as appalled as you, however Taarabts interview on QPR Player is telling. He is really irate and says something along the lines of 'the manager told us what was going to happen at set pieces, then guess what... they did it and we are losing'
Perhaps the fault lies with the players? Or maybe I'm being to kind on Hughes

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Open Al R's tonight on 13:45 - Nov 6 with 1412 viewsFDC

Open Al R's tonight on 13:39 - Nov 6 by BAWHoops

I was as appalled as you, however Taarabts interview on QPR Player is telling. He is really irate and says something along the lines of 'the manager told us what was going to happen at set pieces, then guess what... they did it and we are losing'
Perhaps the fault lies with the players? Or maybe I'm being to kind on Hughes

I've just watched that too. One small silver lining for me at the moment (*going off topic alert*) is that Taarabt is starting to look like this is his club now, and he gives more of a shit than the majority of players out there for us.

Is there anyone in the current XI that has been here longer than him?
Open Al R's tonight on 13:48 - Nov 6 with 1408 viewsBAWHoops

Open Al R's tonight on 13:45 - Nov 6 by FDC

I've just watched that too. One small silver lining for me at the moment (*going off topic alert*) is that Taarabt is starting to look like this is his club now, and he gives more of a shit than the majority of players out there for us.

Is there anyone in the current XI that has been here longer than him?

Nope

Longest serving player if you take into account his initial loan spell.

It goes Taarabt, Faurlin, Derry, Hill, Mackie, Ferdinand, SWP etc etc

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Open Al R's tonight on 13:52 - Nov 6 with 1403 viewsOakwoodR

1) We keep hearing that we need time to 'gel' as a team. When would you expect us to have gelled and what could be done to speed this along if anything?

2) We are conceding free headers from most corners and free kicks - Why?

3) Can you look into the water pressure in the ladies toilets in South Africa Road please as the previous 3 regimes have not been able to fix this important matter?

Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 6 with 1374 viewsfinney

Open Al R's tonight on 12:41 - Nov 6 by Cornish_oooRRRR

Scribble these ones down for sure Paul

i will defo ask one of them
Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 6 with 1371 viewsfinney

Open Al R's tonight on 13:52 - Nov 6 by OakwoodR

1) We keep hearing that we need time to 'gel' as a team. When would you expect us to have gelled and what could be done to speed this along if anything?

2) We are conceding free headers from most corners and free kicks - Why?

3) Can you look into the water pressure in the ladies toilets in South Africa Road please as the previous 3 regimes have not been able to fix this important matter?

very good
Open Al R's tonight on 16:14 - Nov 6 with 1297 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 6 by finney

i will defo ask one of them

and then let them try and answer it!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Open Al R's tonight on 16:15 - Nov 6 with 1294 viewswombat

Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 6 by finney

very good

come on lads we are slipping here

nobodys asked the important question

what type of cheese does he like ?

if its baby bels finn tell him to feck off

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Open Al R's tonight on 16:23 - Nov 6 with 1284 viewsdaveB

i'm sure set pieces are worked on in training but when you see how lazy some of our players are at tracking back it's no shock that they get lazy at corners as well and leave men unmarked and don't do the ugly things
Open Al R's tonight on 16:34 - Nov 6 with 1274 viewsklr

I'd appreciate it a lot if you could pursue the Faurlin thing quite forcefully if needs be

Clarify whether

(A). He is injured or not

(B). Whether there has been contact with another club with regards to this player & January.
Open Al R's tonight on 16:38 - Nov 6 with 1272 viewsJonDoeman

Open Al R's tonight on 16:14 - Nov 6 by A40Bosh

It Is What It Is !!

Open Al R's tonight on 17:35 - Nov 6 with 1244 viewsfinney

Open Al R's tonight on 16:14 - Nov 6 by A40Bosh

as it happens i am not the worst for that or do that at all to be honest
Open Al R's tonight on 17:36 - Nov 6 with 1241 viewsfinney

Open Al R's tonight on 16:15 - Nov 6 by wombat

come on lads we are slipping here

nobodys asked the important question

what type of cheese does he like ?

if its baby bels finn tell him to feck off

that is a tad hard i hope they ask that if not i will
Open Al R's tonight on 17:50 - Nov 6 with 1229 viewsJonDoeman

Open Al R's tonight on 17:35 - Nov 6 by finney

as it happens i am not the worst for that or do that at all to be honest

I took it he was joking , you are good on it now....

It Is What It Is !!

Open Al R's tonight on 18:10 - Nov 6 with 1216 viewsGrifter

Why haven't we tried or seemingly even considered 4231?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Open Al R's tonight on 19:51 - Nov 6 with 1189 viewsJHoop

Please tell me I'm not too late.
What is that the coaching team feel SWP brings to the team on a weekly basis?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024