Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Al R's tonight 09:16 - Nov 6 with 12164 viewsfinney

we will have a member of the coaching set up on tonight any questions?
Open Al R's tonight on 22:25 - Nov 7 with 1434 viewsDesertBoot

Open Al R's tonight on 21:52 - Nov 7 by Vish

Not had a chance to listen to the podcast yet, but was formation or Faurlin mentioned?

Little on formations but said Faurlin was unlucky not to be in the team. He's the 12th name on the teamsheet.
Not overly convincing to be honest. West Ham scapegoat more accurate I think. I'm amazed he's not starting.
Bowen came across as a decent man and good talker but we are in a real mess listening to what he had to say. FC Titanic

Wish I could be like David Watts

Open Al R's tonight on 23:44 - Nov 7 with 1401 viewsrsonist

Can't say Bowen inspired much confidence in me either, and the Redknapp rant (not to mention reeling off Hughes list of managerial "achievements" unsolicited) was foolhardy at best and reeked of desperation.

Started off with injuries and the back four not having time to gel etc, but then when it was put to him these were all mostly very experienced pros changed his tack to "Well yeah [...] but we fully expect the players on the pitch to deal with circumstances that arise at the time", "relying on these guys to be responsible to do their jobs" and all sorts talking about the players as if his lot weren't the ones that signed them in the first place.

Generally just seems like they're all hoping for the best now and clinging onto this canard that the Hughes magic takes a while to happen. Said outright that Hughes doesn't know his best team yet, that Faurlin hasn't done anything wrong but (by the sounds of it) they're shuffling the pack just to see what works.

Quote of the podcast: "You think, is it just one of those things at the moment?"
Open Al R's tonight on 10:17 - Nov 8 with 1354 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bit surprised at some of the negative comments on here. 'didn't fill me with confidence' - not quite sure what you'd expect. Having read the reports I expected something major with his comments about Redknapp, but I thought that part was fine. People have to start realising how Redknapp is perceived within the game. I know someone who was on the staff of a club that Redknapp went to a few years ago, and as soon as Redknapp was appointed he got a load of calls and texts telling him to watch his back. He disregarded it and took as he found. But then a few months later a knife was sticking in his back (the club in the end had to make a hefty pay-off because of the way it was handled). But he's the journalist's friend, so this kind of thing is never revealed. I thought he was pretty restrained. Can you imagine working hard, doing your job and reading every day about someone else might be taking it?

And as for the comments about him talking a lot, blimey, I wonder what people want sometimes. Good on him for being so honest, I personally came out of it feeling a bit better. A lot of our probs now are down to a lack of confidence - one lucky win and that could start to change.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 10:27 - Nov 8 with 1341 viewsTacticalR

Open Al R's tonight on 10:17 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

Bit surprised at some of the negative comments on here. 'didn't fill me with confidence' - not quite sure what you'd expect. Having read the reports I expected something major with his comments about Redknapp, but I thought that part was fine. People have to start realising how Redknapp is perceived within the game. I know someone who was on the staff of a club that Redknapp went to a few years ago, and as soon as Redknapp was appointed he got a load of calls and texts telling him to watch his back. He disregarded it and took as he found. But then a few months later a knife was sticking in his back (the club in the end had to make a hefty pay-off because of the way it was handled). But he's the journalist's friend, so this kind of thing is never revealed. I thought he was pretty restrained. Can you imagine working hard, doing your job and reading every day about someone else might be taking it?

And as for the comments about him talking a lot, blimey, I wonder what people want sometimes. Good on him for being so honest, I personally came out of it feeling a bit better. A lot of our probs now are down to a lack of confidence - one lucky win and that could start to change.

Agree with your point about Bowen and Redknapp. Wasn't Bowen just talking about Redknapp because everyone knows that is the name 'out there'?

As for the negative comments...there are two kinds of negative comments here. There are the genuine thoughtful negative comments from QPR fans worried about our club and our position, and trying to gain some understanding of our situation. Then there are the crude 'shock jock' negative comments from posters whose only goal seems to be to thrive on the misery, set other supporters against each other, and attack the club under the guise of wanting to save it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Open Al R's tonight on 10:35 - Nov 8 with 1328 viewsderbyhoop

Just listened to it. I thought Bowen was refreshingly frank about our situation. It couldn't have been easy putting yourself in the firing line like that, considering the situation we are in.

OK, so there's a sense of frustration with the failure of the players to take on board and execute the drills that have been worked on in training. Some people can take that as the coaching squad running out of ideas, but I got the impressin of frustration rather than despair.

Although it's been said a few times, one win could easily kick start a climb up the table.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Open Al R's tonight on 11:21 - Nov 8 with 1303 viewsNorthernr

Open Al R's tonight on 10:17 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

Antti, I said he didn't fill me with confidence and I'll tell you why. Listen again, to the first ten minutes of his interview and count the amount of times he says "we don't know" "we don't understand" "we're surprised" "we didn't expect".

So, first of all I'm getting the impression from this, and Hughes' comments post Man City, that they expected this summer they would bring in a load of new players, everything would be wonderful and that would be that. As it's turned out, it's not the case and listening to Bowen they really don't understand why that is - other than suggesting that "it always takes us a while to get going." Their only actual firm plan for sorting this out at the moment seems to be remaining employed and hoping that things suddenly click, because they have in the past. You're attitude that "one lucky win and that could start to change" is exactly the same as his - what if we don't get a lucky win? We don't seem to have any plan at all other than waiting and hoping. They don't understand why we're so crap and therefore have little idea how to fix it.

Agree with you on the Redknapp comments, and on the idea that he talked too much - I thought it was good of him to be so open, spend so much time and speak for so long about the situation. Sometimes on that Podcast the guests can be hard work, as Chris says, but he was fantastic and it's daft to criticise him for that.
Open Al R's tonight on 12:48 - Nov 8 with 1285 viewskropotkin41

Open Al R's tonight on 11:21 - Nov 8 by Northernr

Antti, I said he didn't fill me with confidence and I'll tell you why. Listen again, to the first ten minutes of his interview and count the amount of times he says "we don't know" "we don't understand" "we're surprised" "we didn't expect".

So, first of all I'm getting the impression from this, and Hughes' comments post Man City, that they expected this summer they would bring in a load of new players, everything would be wonderful and that would be that. As it's turned out, it's not the case and listening to Bowen they really don't understand why that is - other than suggesting that "it always takes us a while to get going." Their only actual firm plan for sorting this out at the moment seems to be remaining employed and hoping that things suddenly click, because they have in the past. You're attitude that "one lucky win and that could start to change" is exactly the same as his - what if we don't get a lucky win? We don't seem to have any plan at all other than waiting and hoping. They don't understand why we're so crap and therefore have little idea how to fix it.

Agree with you on the Redknapp comments, and on the idea that he talked too much - I thought it was good of him to be so open, spend so much time and speak for so long about the situation. Sometimes on that Podcast the guests can be hard work, as Chris says, but he was fantastic and it's daft to criticise him for that.

It was a great interview and a very good podcast.

Sadly, I am now even more down about the situation than before. Lots of us thought that the management was out of ideas and had no idea what to do to change things for the better............ and now, at least according to one interpretation of Bowen's words, we have confirmation of the suspicion.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Open Al R's tonight on 13:17 - Nov 8 with 1267 viewsrsonist

It's not about whether what he said about Redknapp has any merit, it's the fact he went out of his way to say it at all. Getting rattled, lashing out, and trying to appeal to the gallery is a sign that exasperation is turning into desperation, and desperation is a sign that they as a management team are really struggling now. It betrays the whole party line coming out of the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Open Al R's tonight on 13:21 - Nov 8 with 1256 viewsNorthernr

Open Al R's tonight on 13:17 - Nov 8 by rsonist

It's not about whether what he said about Redknapp has any merit, it's the fact he went out of his way to say it at all. Getting rattled, lashing out, and trying to appeal to the gallery is a sign that exasperation is turning into desperation, and desperation is a sign that they as a management team are really struggling now. It betrays the whole party line coming out of the club.

I disagree. He knows his job is under threat and he was honest. Credit to him. To be honest the more people from the club who betray the party line the better, there's only so many times you can hear Granero or Onuoha talk about how wonderful things are going to be and the direction the club is heading before you want to blow your brains out.
Open Al R's tonight on 13:21 - Nov 8 with 1253 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 11:21 - Nov 8 by Northernr

Clive, I understand your feelings. However, I think it's fair to say that even the most pessimistic (or realistic) amongst us expected us to have a few more points on the board and be perhaps in 16th place at worst. So the management being a bit baffled as to why it's been so bad and why we have no wins in 10 is, I think, pretty reasonable thinking. Plus, they are probably doing the same things they have always been doing and believe in the players they have, so it's only natural to be a bit of a loss as to why things have gone so wrong.

Now, obviously mistakes have been made. Central defence was not adequately addressed in the summer, for example. But even then we should have enough about us to deal with set pieces, as was said in the podcast. I don't think Bowen was saying 'we're just hoping things will click' - I think you're being a bit unfair there, he was saying they're working very hard on the training pitch because when you're on a losing run, that is all you can do. I'm not sure what else you can expect them to do. If they're working hard and they're preparing them but then individuals make mistakes, it's hard to legislate for that. And the problem is that on a bad run, those things only get worse as confidence, which is a massive part of any sport, drains away.

I think they do understand why we're 'crap' if you want to put it that way. We had a bad start, which affected nerves. In games in which we played well we didn't win and in games in which we were passable we lost and we've also played awfully too. We lost all our full backs at one stage in a short amount of time, which crippled what defence we did have and we've hardly been able to pick the same defence twice in a row. The Bosingwa-Nelsen-Mbia-Traore foursome started to look good, then that was kiboshed. On top of that, Cisse had a great pre-season and then seemed to lose something (maybe affected by divorce) etc etc. I don't think it's any one thing, so in that respect, again, it *is* hard to understand and also hard to remedy. If you're having problems defending set pieces then you work hard trying to rectify it but still goals are leaked that is, by definition, perplexing. When things are going well, weaknesses are probably masked. We had in some ways a lucky team with definite weaknesses in our title winning year, but the force of the steam roller of victories managed to carry us through. The belief from one Mackie goal at Derby was, IMO, a massive reason in us winning the league that year.

I don't know, I share your concerns and many others for a lot of things that are going on, but football is simple when you're winning and an absolute b@stard when you're losing.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 13:22 - Nov 8 with 1250 viewsrsonist

And what this new emerging excuse that the players just need confidence now basically says to me that we're hoping they can suddenly work it out for themselves on the pitch. Proper confidence comes from knowing exactly what your gameplan is.
Open Al R's tonight on 13:23 - Nov 8 with 1247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 13:17 - Nov 8 by rsonist

didn't think he 'lashed out' at all.
not sure what 'appealing to the gallery' is. if you mean trying to curry favour with fans, then i'm still not sure what's bad about that.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 13:29 - Nov 8 with 1242 viewsrsonist

Open Al R's tonight on 13:21 - Nov 8 by Northernr

I disagree. He knows his job is under threat and he was honest. Credit to him. To be honest the more people from the club who betray the party line the better, there's only so many times you can hear Granero or Onuoha talk about how wonderful things are going to be and the direction the club is heading before you want to blow your brains out.

You're not really disagreeing with me though. Whether we prefer honesty in general is irrelevant to what this particular bit of honesty signifies. It was a petty thing to do (and for all his obvious flaws a petty reading of Redknapp too - yeah alright he couldn't save Southampton but what about Portsmouth and Spurs? Fine talk from someone repeatedly claiming "I'm not going to bullshit you").
Open Al R's tonight on 13:30 - Nov 8 with 1241 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 13:23 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

didn't think he 'lashed out' at all.
not sure what 'appealing to the gallery' is. if you mean trying to curry favour with fans, then i'm still not sure what's bad about that.

He had the balls to recognise the elephant in the room and address it head on.

He was probably also pizzed off, as someone said earlier, that he and the coaching team are in there day after day doing their damnest to turn it around (despite what some people on here believe)and people in the media and elsewhere think that 'Arry can just bowl in and click his fingers and all will be ok.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Open Al R's tonight on 13:33 - Nov 8 with 1237 viewsrsonist

I mean if you all can't see how simply saying "It's natural, there's always going to be speculation" and leaving it at that isn't vastly preferable than going off on one about how Redknapp's overrated and implying he couldn't do any better then I really don't know how to help you tbh.
Open Al R's tonight on 13:46 - Nov 8 with 1225 viewsWeaverQPR

Not had chance to listen so basing this on what ive read on here.The coaching team say they have tried everything its not working they don't know why or how to change this run of form around so now they are clinging on to theory that Hughes teams suddenly come together after the 10 game mark?

Fk me we are in a mess if this has any truth in it.Surely by bringing Redknapp up they know they are not far off getting the boot on current form regardless of what big likeable jolly Tone tweets.

@WeavQPR

Open Al R's tonight on 13:50 - Nov 8 with 1222 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 13:33 - Nov 8 by rsonist

I mean if you all can't see how simply saying "It's natural, there's always going to be speculation" and leaving it at that isn't vastly preferable than going off on one about how Redknapp's overrated and implying he couldn't do any better then I really don't know how to help you tbh.

Because that is what is being called politically correct and dodging the issue and is sooooooooooo boring. Fcuk it, we want to see some fight and defensive work from our team so why not bite back from time to time rather than just smile sweetly.

Tell them all to FCUK OFF Bow - then make sure we win the next 3 games to prove you can walk the walk as well!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 with 1200 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 13:33 - Nov 8 by rsonist

It's ok, I don't need any help from you.
He just stated a few facts about Redknapp. It was the elephant in the room and he charged it head on. Fair play to him. Who has he hurt? Redknapp? Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. As I said, it's frustrating for the people in the game who know what Redknapp is like but gets constantly fawned over by the media as if he's the Second Coming instead of a man who won one FA Cup.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 with 1200 viewsparker64

I remember MH saying after the Blackburn away game last season that he hadn't realised how big the task was. At the time I thought that was odd because just one look at the videos of games would have told him.
Open Al R's tonight on 14:13 - Nov 8 with 1193 viewsWeaverQPR

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 by parker64

I remember MH saying after the Blackburn away game last season that he hadn't realised how big the task was. At the time I thought that was odd because just one look at the videos of games would have told him.

Obviously just thought he could turn up Kia Joorabchin will sort him some players out and bobs your uncle fannies your aunt.

@WeavQPR

Open Al R's tonight on 14:15 - Nov 8 with 1185 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

He just stated a few facts about Redknapp. It was the elephant in the room and he charged it head on. Fair play to him. Who has he hurt? Redknapp? Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. As I said, it's frustrating for the people in the game who know what Redknapp is like but gets constantly fawned over by the media as if he's the Second Coming instead of a man who won one FA Cup.

Well done Antti for upping the err *ehem* Antti

Fight Fight Fight!

Open Al R's tonight on 14:41 - Nov 8 with 1166 viewsJonDoeman

There's a long list of his foolish sayings. the latest :
QPR boss: "AJ injury has hampered Zamora" - QPR FC http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/11/08/qpr-boss-aj-injury-has-ha

Who'd have thunk it?

It Is What It Is !!

Open Al R's tonight on 14:51 - Nov 8 with 1157 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 14:15 - Nov 8 by A40Bosh

Well done Antti for upping the err *ehem* Antti

Fight Fight Fight!

But which one's better?
There's only one way to find out...!

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 15:03 - Nov 8 with 1148 viewsJamie

Videos?

I hope you're not suggesting Hughes would bother doing his homework.
Open Al R's tonight on 15:09 - Nov 8 with 1139 viewsdaveB

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

it's not very professional though to slate a fellow manager. Mock Redknapp's record all you like but that one FA Cup is more than Hughes has won and Hughes spent far more at Man City than Redknapp did at Portsmouth. It's not all about winning things though, the job he did at spurs was superb, two fourth placed finishes, one cup final, two semi finals, quarter finals of the champions league. that deserves more respect than Bowen and you are giving him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024