Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Al R's tonight 09:16 - Nov 6 with 12163 viewsfinney

we will have a member of the coaching set up on tonight any questions?
Open Al R's tonight on 15:15 - Nov 8 with 1292 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 15:09 - Nov 8 by daveB

it's not very professional though to slate a fellow manager. Mock Redknapp's record all you like but that one FA Cup is more than Hughes has won and Hughes spent far more at Man City than Redknapp did at Portsmouth. It's not all about winning things though, the job he did at spurs was superb, two fourth placed finishes, one cup final, two semi finals, quarter finals of the champions league. that deserves more respect than Bowen and you are giving him.

he's a horrible c*nt though, Dave.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 15:16 - Nov 8 with 1292 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 15:09 - Nov 8 by daveB

it's not very professional though to slate a fellow manager. Mock Redknapp's record all you like but that one FA Cup is more than Hughes has won and Hughes spent far more at Man City than Redknapp did at Portsmouth. It's not all about winning things though, the job he did at spurs was superb, two fourth placed finishes, one cup final, two semi finals, quarter finals of the champions league. that deserves more respect than Bowen and you are giving him.

But I dont think he was "mocking" simply stating the fact that 'Arry came into Southampton as a saviour and they still got relegated. I think he was merely reminding everyone that the grass is not always greener etc............

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 8 with 1285 viewsAntti_Heinola

Open Al R's tonight on 15:16 - Nov 8 by A40Bosh

But I dont think he was "mocking" simply stating the fact that 'Arry came into Southampton as a saviour and they still got relegated. I think he was merely reminding everyone that the grass is not always greener etc............

i think dave meant me, not bowen, but bowen, IMO, didn't say much against redknapp at all. as i said, he stated a few facts about him.

Bare bones.

Open Al R's tonight on 15:37 - Nov 8 with 1266 viewsA40Bosh

Open Al R's tonight on 15:17 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

i think dave meant me, not bowen, but bowen, IMO, didn't say much against redknapp at all. as i said, he stated a few facts about him.

Oh ok, sorry DaveB, was skimming through.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Open Al R's tonight on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 1227 viewsrsonist

Open Al R's tonight on 14:08 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

It's ok, I don't need any help from you.
He just stated a few facts about Redknapp. It was the elephant in the room and he charged it head on. Fair play to him. Who has he hurt? Redknapp? Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. As I said, it's frustrating for the people in the game who know what Redknapp is like but gets constantly fawned over by the media as if he's the Second Coming instead of a man who won one FA Cup.

I can only say once again that it's not about whether you agree with what he said about Redknapp, nor whether you find his candidness refreshing or whatever. This stuff is entirely missing the point.
Open Al R's tonight on 18:34 - Nov 8 with 1222 viewsrsonist

Although if we do want to get into it, it's laughable to say "he's stating a few facts about Redknapp". He stated one carefully chosen fact, at the expense of many other pertinent facts that put Redknapp in a favourable light, and because you also happen to not like Redknapp you can't see how it indicates a problem.
Open Al R's tonight on 20:10 - Nov 8 with 1195 viewsbeeeater

Open Al R's tonight on 14:41 - Nov 8 by JonDoeman

There's a long list of his foolish sayings. the latest :
QPR boss: "AJ injury has hampered Zamora" - QPR FC http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/11/08/qpr-boss-aj-injury-has-ha

Who'd have thunk it?

Bloody hell. Im sick of these excuses.what about all the games from last January when we didnt have Johnson. And why get rid of DJ who could of been the ideal replacement for Johnson.What a manager !
Open Al R's tonight on 20:12 - Nov 8 with 1193 viewsWestonsuperR

All this talk of a weak defence, I just don't get it and wonder why the Podcast was based around this. Other than Swansea we have conceded 14 goals in 9 games which actually isn't that bad and certainly compares favourably to many sides.

Why wasn't the fact that we have scored 8 in 10 recognised? This is the second worst record in the Prem.
Login to get fewer ads

Open Al R's tonight on 20:42 - Nov 8 with 1175 viewsjo_qpr63

Good podcast. For me MB came across how i would imagine anyone in his shoes would. The coaching staff cv is good, they have brought in good players but they are just not performing as they can and should do. The problem lies with the players imo.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Open Al R's tonight on 21:06 - Nov 8 with 1154 viewsdaveB

i listened again on the way home tonight and to be fair to Bowen he did say they work hard on set pieces but that they never had to do it before as players did the jobs they were asked.

Hopefully they'll get that first win this week things will start to improve
Open Al R's tonight on 21:54 - Nov 8 with 1138 viewskarlski

Open Al R's tonight on 20:12 - Nov 8 by WestonsuperR

All this talk of a weak defence, I just don't get it and wonder why the Podcast was based around this. Other than Swansea we have conceded 14 goals in 9 games which actually isn't that bad and certainly compares favourably to many sides.

Why wasn't the fact that we have scored 8 in 10 recognised? This is the second worst record in the Prem.

Yes, this.

Much more of a concern to me that we have no discernible attacking pattern. I can understand with defending set pieces you give people a man and expect them to be able to mark that man, especially after showing them vids of what teams like to do, so to me that does seem like the fault lies with the players (if of course what Bowen is saying about preparation is true)....but the hope that the attack will just click is what we seem to be relying on and that is dangerous/disheartening.

We'll learn a lot more once we get that win. And we will get a win - as bad as we've been in parts this season there are games we all know we should have won but didn't due to bad luck, football's like that sometime. Sadly I doubt it will come at Stoke...
Open Al R's tonight on 22:45 - Nov 8 with 1117 viewsTGRRRSSS

Open Al R's tonight on 15:15 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

he's a horrible c*nt though, Dave.

I assume your referring to Harry Redknapp here, I bet Sir Alex Ferguson is a orrible cnt too
Open Al R's tonight on 07:50 - Nov 9 with 1083 viewsfinney

I think that Neil points out many things that i would like to see sorted at the club but football for all the stats they do pro zones all that stuff is a very simple game.
To win on Saturday we have to stand up to Stoke pray at every free kick and throw in and fear the corners they whip in.
And somehow out fight them out think them and out score them.
This is our hardest game of the season to date as should they win Norwich Wigan ect the task just got that much harder.

Neil says it better than me but no pride no passion is one way ticket to the championship.
But Rangers have to do it sometime and why not vs that lot.............
Open Al R's tonight on 08:16 - Nov 9 with 1080 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyed the podcast. Only got a chance to listen to it last night.

Well done, lads.

As for Bowen, he was very likeable but a little too frank. As with TF, communication is always nice, but not always wise. The plus side is that the supporters are sated by all the chat, the negative side is that every word is analysed. Hard to get it right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024