Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP official supporters club 21:53 - Mar 4 with 9926 viewsLandofoz89

Apparently they've resigned en-mass!

Meet me by the railway track

RIP official supporters club on 21:55 - Mar 4 with 8651 viewssmegma

Again ? Didn't they do this last season, or was it the year before ?
RIP official supporters club on 21:56 - Mar 4 with 8633 viewsHayesender

Why???

Never really been the same since the days of Daphne and Neil Roberts anyway

Poll: Shamima Beghum

RIP official supporters club on 22:03 - Mar 4 with 8527 viewsHollowayRanger

only joking im sure they had good reason!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

RIP official supporters club on 22:09 - Mar 4 with 8465 viewswombat

RIP official supporters club on 22:03 - Mar 4 by HollowayRanger

only joking im sure they had good reason!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Again does seem to be a habit that they do this

Poll: which is your favouite foot

RIP official supporters club on 22:10 - Mar 4 with 8454 viewsCHUBBS

I didn't realize it still existed.
RIP official supporters club on 23:22 - Mar 4 with 8207 viewsTacticalR

Seems to be related to the recent Fans Forum meeting:
http://qprreport.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/qpr-official-supporters-club-osc.html

Air hostess clique

RIP official supporters club on 23:25 - Mar 4 with 8193 viewsNorthernr

I think the OSC found Philip Beard's tactic of saying he wasn't aware of any of the issues raised at the forum and would look into it quite exasperating because they'd been raising a lot of those issues with the club for a long time. I said at the time that I thought it was a tactic of Beard's to try and make the forum easier to get through, rather than because he was actually unaware of them, but can see how annoying that must have been for people who had raised points and e-mailed in and had no response.

Thankless task.
RIP official supporters club on 23:31 - Mar 4 with 8166 viewseastside_r

RIP official supporters club on 23:25 - Mar 4 by Northernr

I think the OSC found Philip Beard's tactic of saying he wasn't aware of any of the issues raised at the forum and would look into it quite exasperating because they'd been raising a lot of those issues with the club for a long time. I said at the time that I thought it was a tactic of Beard's to try and make the forum easier to get through, rather than because he was actually unaware of them, but can see how annoying that must have been for people who had raised points and e-mailed in and had no response.

Thankless task.

Agreed.

For all his business expertise, read just another corporate shill.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP official supporters club on 00:18 - Mar 5 with 8075 viewsmygeneration

RIP official supporters club on 23:31 - Mar 4 by eastside_r

Agreed.

For all his business expertise, read just another corporate shill.

The OSC has done excellent work in the past particularly in terms of fund raising. I hope it will continue in some guise.

I think the difficulty is though with a supporters group that is not independent and is effectively owned by the club is that if it disagrees with the club then it has no room to manoeuvre. The only option is to disband.

At the end of the day if consultation is to have any creditability the Club needs to engage directly with the two main independent democratically run fans groups- the LSA and QPR1st. It is unfortunate that both organisations struggle to get members because the larger these organisations are the greater the fans voice.

Clive regarding your point it struck me as very odd that Phil Beard was not better prepared especially as we were told to submit questions in advance. I can only guess he underestimated the strength of feeling amongst the fans about how the club is run and was expecting more questions would be directed at 'Arry and the lads

RIP official supporters club on 00:33 - Mar 5 with 8052 viewsTacticalR

Either he genuinely had little idea of the complaints, in which case he is incompetent, or he knew about them and pretended he didn't, in which case he is dishonest.

Air hostess clique

RIP official supporters club on 06:24 - Mar 5 with 7920 viewsthemodfather

RIP official supporters club on 00:33 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Either he genuinely had little idea of the complaints, in which case he is incompetent, or he knew about them and pretended he didn't, in which case he is dishonest.

mr beard should resign
if he just bluffed the forum, pleading "i'm unaware" and he did know
he's lost any trust!
RIP official supporters club on 08:08 - Mar 5 with 7740 viewsHammersmithR

RIP official supporters club on 00:18 - Mar 5 by mygeneration

The OSC has done excellent work in the past particularly in terms of fund raising. I hope it will continue in some guise.

I think the difficulty is though with a supporters group that is not independent and is effectively owned by the club is that if it disagrees with the club then it has no room to manoeuvre. The only option is to disband.

At the end of the day if consultation is to have any creditability the Club needs to engage directly with the two main independent democratically run fans groups- the LSA and QPR1st. It is unfortunate that both organisations struggle to get members because the larger these organisations are the greater the fans voice.

Clive regarding your point it struck me as very odd that Phil Beard was not better prepared especially as we were told to submit questions in advance. I can only guess he underestimated the strength of feeling amongst the fans about how the club is run and was expecting more questions would be directed at 'Arry and the lads

The LSA has over a 1,000 paid up members so is the biggest voice of the fans group I would imagine. I believe you don't have to pay to be a member of QPR 1st. The OSC is just part of being a member or season ticket holder.
RIP official supporters club on 08:24 - Mar 5 with 7705 viewsElHoop

The OSC didn't, from the outside, appear to be the place to go for supporters who had issues with the club which they couldn't resolve individually. The latest forum seemed to see issues raised which aren't on the list of issues raised by the OSC, and they have raised issues which nobody else ever seems to have raised such as cheap hospitality. So they probably represented their own view in the main and to the extent that those views corresponded with everyone else's then they were representative, but I'm not sure that there was ever a proper channel for supporters to take their views to the OSC and get them passed on to the club.
RIP official supporters club on 09:02 - Mar 5 with 7629 viewsLimehouseR

Hold on, how many supporter groups do we have at the club?!

I would understand having a few different ones if we were say a Liverpool or a Manchester club. But surely being the size that we are, having just one all encompassing supporters group would mean greater solidarity over the key issues at the club and would carry more influence when trying to get things changed or resolved.

Just my opinion anyway.
RIP official supporters club on 09:42 - Mar 5 with 7563 viewsisawqpratwcity

RIP official supporters club on 09:02 - Mar 5 by LimehouseR

I would understand having a few different ones if we were say a Liverpool or a Manchester club. But surely being the size that we are, having just one all encompassing supporters group would mean greater solidarity over the key issues at the club and would carry more influence when trying to get things changed or resolved.

Just my opinion anyway.

You'd have to think that if there are mass resignations at the only supporters group that the club deigns to interact with at any level, alarm bells must be going off somewhere in the club. Otherwise, wtf, have we got some fat orange git back in charge?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

RIP official supporters club on 09:44 - Mar 5 with 7556 viewsRangersw12

RIP official supporters club on 09:02 - Mar 5 by LimehouseR

Just my opinion anyway.

Because the fans cannot agree on anything everyone wants their voice heard and it is even worse now that websites now have meetings with the club !

We haven't been a united fanbase for years and everyone of the fan groups has their own agenda
RIP official supporters club on 09:45 - Mar 5 with 7552 viewsNorthernr

RIP official supporters club on 09:44 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

Because the fans cannot agree on anything everyone wants their voice heard and it is even worse now that websites now have meetings with the club !

We haven't been a united fanbase for years and everyone of the fan groups has their own agenda

The club should be communicating with the fan base through as many avenues as possible. The media team getting together with the websites to discuss that side of things is a very good idea.
RIP official supporters club on 09:50 - Mar 5 with 7537 viewsRangersw12

RIP official supporters club on 09:45 - Mar 5 by Northernr

The club should be communicating with the fan base through as many avenues as possible. The media team getting together with the websites to discuss that side of things is a very good idea.

Maybe so but do you think we need all these different fan groups and websites at meetings ?

Wouldn't it be better if we had 1 or 2 proper fans group organisations to represent the fans , I just think it makes us look small time with all these number of groups at meetings

RIP official supporters club on 10:00 - Mar 5 with 7520 viewsNorthernr

RIP official supporters club on 09:50 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

Maybe so but do you think we need all these different fan groups and websites at meetings ?

Wouldn't it be better if we had 1 or 2 proper fans group organisations to represent the fans , I just think it makes us look small time with all these number of groups at meetings

I agree it would be better if the fan groups could actually come together so there were just one or two - maybe the Trust and the LSA - because greater membership yields greater power.

However I think the club talking to as many fans as possible is a good thing. Even now when they talk to a dozen or so at a meeting you get people on here saying "they don't represent me" so how is having less voices going to help that?

There should be regular fans forums for anybody to attend, there should be regular rep meetings between senior board members and the LSA, QPR 1st and the OSC, and then there should be smaller meetings lower down for the websites and fanzines with different department heads. It would help the club get a feel of what the fans are saying and what they do well and badly in the eyes of the supporters. I think they're working towards this and I think the club have found it useful to have these meetings so far.

The more communication the better.
RIP official supporters club on 10:01 - Mar 5 with 7516 viewssmegma

RIP official supporters club on 00:33 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

I think he's both incompetent AND dishonest. Amazes me he doesn't get too much stick,yet if he was called Paladini, we'd have a 74 page thread on him. He is absolutely useless and a liar, as was revealed at the Fans Forum.
RIP official supporters club on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 7448 viewssoupandhoop

RIP official supporters club on 09:50 - Mar 5 by Rangersw12

the judean liberation front
RIP official supporters club on 10:32 - Mar 5 with 7439 viewsloftboy

RIP official supporters club on 10:29 - Mar 5 by soupandhoop

the judean liberation front

Fark off, we are the liberating judean front!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP official supporters club on 10:35 - Mar 5 with 7428 viewsTW_R

RIP official supporters club on 10:32 - Mar 5 by loftboy

Fark off, we are the liberating judean front!

Noooo! We're the People's Front of Judea
RIP official supporters club on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 7409 viewsloftboy

RIP official supporters club on 10:35 - Mar 5 by TW_R

Noooo! We're the People's Front of Judea

Splitter

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RIP official supporters club on 12:05 - Mar 5 with 7298 viewssmegma

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024