Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AVB 17:49 - Dec 15 with 15283 viewsCHUBBS

Its just a matter of time before Levi pulls the trigger.
5-0 down at home and it could be 10 in truth.
How on earth did he get two such high profile jobs?
AVB on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 2931 viewsTGRRRSSS

Dont get their hate for Harry when he turned up at WHL in 2008 they were at the wrong end of PL table within 2 years or so he had them in Champs League, and finally managed to develope Bale from a LB to what he became, looks as though AVB got lucky last season in terms of Bales last year.
Think they might have some decent buys but have done the QPR thing of 2012 Hughes era.
Where Levy can be blamed is whilst hes had some success in selling at profit and running the club quite well and maximising any sale for the clubs good where hes not done so well is managerial appointments and his obsession with the "continental approach".
Commoli, Arnesen etc etc.
His most successful perios was with Arry really and I wonder if theyd kept him last year whether they would have got back into CL.
This season??? No chance
AVB on 20:17 - Dec 15 with 2912 viewsloftus77

Despite Joey's tweet, I still have nightmares about Harry making a quick emotional return to WHL. Nothing would surprise me in football.

Keep AVB, Spurs - he'll come good, honest..
AVB on 20:22 - Dec 15 with 2888 viewsJamie

AVB on 18:06 - Dec 15 by ted_hendrix

Might not like this but that Luis Suarez bloke is easily the best footballer in this country at the moment, he is superb on the ball.

Aguero for me. Suarez in bloody good form though.
AVB on 20:26 - Dec 15 with 2867 viewsN12Hoop

AVB on 20:12 - Dec 15 by TGRRRSSS

Dont get their hate for Harry when he turned up at WHL in 2008 they were at the wrong end of PL table within 2 years or so he had them in Champs League, and finally managed to develope Bale from a LB to what he became, looks as though AVB got lucky last season in terms of Bales last year.
Think they might have some decent buys but have done the QPR thing of 2012 Hughes era.
Where Levy can be blamed is whilst hes had some success in selling at profit and running the club quite well and maximising any sale for the clubs good where hes not done so well is managerial appointments and his obsession with the "continental approach".
Commoli, Arnesen etc etc.
His most successful perios was with Arry really and I wonder if theyd kept him last year whether they would have got back into CL.
This season??? No chance

Spurs fans will tel you that the move of Bale from LB to RM was not down to Harry. They'll tell you that he then wasted Bale by moving him to CM. They'll say that him getting them up the table was nothing to do with Harry, it was just the luck of having good players. They also reckon that although AVB never got them into the CL he was more successful than Harry because they got more points the year they didn't qualify.
They are the blindest most deluded fans and I get sick and tired of the whole "Levy is the transfer master" bollocks being rolled out every window.
Well Mr Levy, you spunked £100m on some ok players, but none as effective as Bale. You stuck £300k or so on the weekly wage bill. And for what? I'm laughing my head off right now.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Dec 15 with 2806 viewshoof_hearted

AVB on 21:13 - Dec 15 with 2749 viewsCamberleyR

AVB on 18:41 - Dec 15 by TacticalR

I really don't think that is the right way to look at things. He had great success at Porto. The problem is more that his apprenticeship at Porto was cut short by the lure of Chelsea's money, and he went straight into the hot seat of a club full of monstrous egos in one of the most cut-throat leagues in Europe. In my opinion he would have been better off staying at Porto for a couple of seasons, and then moving to a less high profile league (or a less high profile team), and that might have given him a chance to develop his human skills and eventually make a better fist of managing a high profile Premiership team.

This.
As Mourhinho did by spending four years managing in Portugal before being tempted by the scum's filthy lucre.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

AVB on 21:19 - Dec 15 with 2727 viewsessextaxiboy

If Levy is looking for blame he needs to look in the mirror IMO
AVB on 21:21 - Dec 15 with 2715 viewswombat

AVB on 21:19 - Dec 15 by essextaxiboy

If Levy is looking for blame he needs to look in the mirror IMO

If you looked like levy would you look in the mirror ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

AVB on 21:24 - Dec 15 with 2703 viewsTacticalR

From the Crace book, this is a description of the mood at Tottenham following the appointment of Hodgson as England manager:

"Something had changed in the Spurs fans’ relationship with Redknapp. It was as if they recognized they had been manipulated somewhat and had come to realize their affection wasn’t as long-lasting or genuine as it had once felt. During the hiatus following Capello’s resignation, Redknapp had come to resemble the girlfriend who took you for granted while making eyes at the handsome bloke with the sports car. Only the handsome bloke with the sports car had run off with the dullest, plainest girl in the class instead, leaving your girlfriend no choice but to come running back and tell you she had only really loved you all along. At which point, many Spurs fans woke up and thought, ‘Hang on a minute . . . I’m not quite sure how much I love you now.'"

Air hostess clique

AVB on 22:14 - Dec 15 with 2637 views100percent

AVB on 18:06 - Dec 15 by ted_hendrix

Might not like this but that Luis Suarez bloke is easily the best footballer in this country at the moment, he is superb on the ball.

totally agree ted, the bloke is the complete package......
AVB on 22:42 - Dec 15 with 2603 viewsHollowayRanger

AVB on 20:17 - Dec 15 by loftus77

Despite Joey's tweet, I still have nightmares about Harry making a quick emotional return to WHL. Nothing would surprise me in football.

far more worried he'll go back to wet spam

thats were his heart belongs and exciting times with the olympic stadium coming in 2016

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

AVB on 22:53 - Dec 15 with 2589 viewsBAWHoops

They've done everything QPR did wrong last season.

Ripped out the British core of the side in Caulker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Parker as well as sending out Carroll on loan

Bought in far far to many players without considering how they would fit into a system

Far too much power given to a Director of Football

No style of play just throwing 11 men on the field and hoping for better.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

AVB on 23:05 - Dec 15 with 2559 viewsTacticalR

AVB on 22:42 - Dec 15 by HollowayRanger

far more worried he'll go back to wet spam

thats were his heart belongs and exciting times with the olympic stadium coming in 2016

Wonder what the crowd size will be in that stadium if they are playing in the Championship.

Air hostess clique

AVB on 23:32 - Dec 15 with 2534 viewsBrightonhoop

AVB on 20:17 - Dec 15 by loftus77

Wouldn't suprise me at all. Currently we can go get the gaffer Warnock so dont have nightmares.
AVB on 23:36 - Dec 15 with 2525 viewsJigsore

AVB on 17:59 - Dec 15 by JonDoeman

Taking the piss

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 6m

What a game tonight....happy to see my man @E_Adebayor (LOL)
[Post edited 15 Dec 2013 18:00]

to be fair BAE goes to most of their games in London and says 'LOL' in every tweet.

The blokes impossible to dislike. And he's better than Kyle Naughton 'LOL'

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

AVB on 00:11 - Dec 16 with 2241 viewsJuzzie

AVB is very young y'now.

Seriously though, I find it strange that a DoF can have an influence or even a final say on who gets signed yet it's the manager who will eventually get the sack. Shouldn't the DoF get the boot too?

edit: keyboard error!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2013 12:26]
AVB on 01:15 - Dec 16 with 2201 viewsBrightonhoop

AVB on 00:11 - Dec 16 by Juzzie

AVB is very young y'now.

Seriously though, I find it strange that a DoF can have an influence or even a final say on who gets signed yet it's the manager who will eventually get the sack. Shouldn't the DoF get the boot too?

edit: keyboard error!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2013 12:26]

Down to the Chairman, surely? If any Manager accepts that position at signing a contract so be it.

AVB's youth is no excuse, he was disgraceful during the Ferdinand Terry debacle and took no responsibility himself. Wont be forgotten. He's not a teenager. Professionally he should and could have taken a more appropriate stance despite it being Terry. For me the knuts not good enough for the game and never will be.
AVB on 10:49 - Dec 16 with 2080 viewsJonDoeman

AVB on 23:36 - Dec 15 by Jigsore

to be fair BAE goes to most of their games in London and says 'LOL' in every tweet.

The blokes impossible to dislike. And he's better than Kyle Naughton 'LOL'

No, I find him tweeting that a minute after the final whistle a bit pathetic .

He's obviously bitter about AVB , but show some respect to the club & its fans.

It Is What It Is !!

AVB on 10:51 - Dec 16 with 2074 viewsTacticalR

It's a spiral of negativity, and trust me, you don't want to be caught in one of those.

Air hostess clique

AVB on 10:52 - Dec 16 with 2075 viewsJonDoeman

AVB on 23:32 - Dec 15 by Brightonhoop

Wouldn't suprise me at all. Currently we can go get the gaffer Warnock so dont have nightmares.

Would surprise me, cos there's less than no chance.

It Is What It Is !!

AVB on 11:04 - Dec 16 with 2055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AVB on 10:52 - Dec 16 by JonDoeman

Would surprise me, cos there's less than no chance.

Ya, I agree. Even in the disloyal and fickle world of football there seems no way Levy or Spurs fans would want Redknapp back after he batted his eyelashes at the FA to get the England job, and the subsequent collapse of form after hinted at problems between players and managers thereafter.

Even though I think Warnock is a considerably better manager then Redknapp, we could do without the instability of a manager change now, but like you I really can't see it happening either way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

AVB on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 2049 viewssimmo

To have spent 100 million and then not being able to field 2 proper CB's or a recognised left back, is terrible. They have a ridiculously good squad, the bench on Sunday had Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Townsend etc but they had to play Capoue at CB and bring a kid on at HT for Naughton who was getting rinsed by Sterling.

Why didnt they keep BAE? Why didnt they sign another CB? They wanted to sell Dawson yet now he plays every game, not only does he play every game but AVB inisists on playing a suicidally high line with him.

They never seem to have any support for Soldado despite the defence playing so far up the pitch, I don't get it. Tactically I think AVB has done terribly, mosty players don;t seem to have an idea where they fit in any kind of 'system', like somebody said already it is lke QPR last few years, a collection of individuals expected to get results based on how good they are on paper.

He deserves to be sacked and he will be.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

AVB on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 2047 viewsJonDoeman

He's got the Tin Tack....

It Is What It Is !!

AVB on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 2047 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone
AVB on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 2035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AVB on 11:08 - Dec 16 by simmo

To have spent 100 million and then not being able to field 2 proper CB's or a recognised left back, is terrible. They have a ridiculously good squad, the bench on Sunday had Lamela, Holtby, Defoe, Townsend etc but they had to play Capoue at CB and bring a kid on at HT for Naughton who was getting rinsed by Sterling.

Why didnt they keep BAE? Why didnt they sign another CB? They wanted to sell Dawson yet now he plays every game, not only does he play every game but AVB inisists on playing a suicidally high line with him.

They never seem to have any support for Soldado despite the defence playing so far up the pitch, I don't get it. Tactically I think AVB has done terribly, mosty players don;t seem to have an idea where they fit in any kind of 'system', like somebody said already it is lke QPR last few years, a collection of individuals expected to get results based on how good they are on paper.

He deserves to be sacked and he will be.

Good analysis.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024