Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill to Blackburn? 12:28 - May 8 with 92393 viewsMoonyDale

This rumour just won't go away, just had a text from someone saying as much and the betting has Hilly at 5/1 second fave....Still think it's doubtful but you never know....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:05 - May 16 with 4623 viewsTVOS1907

Hill to Blackburn? on 08:33 - May 16 by TalkingSutty

I would imagine the last thing on Hillys mind at this moment in time is swapping Football Clubs. It sounds as though his dad's been through the mill and requires ongoing treatment so he will have enough on his plate dealing with family matters.

Joining a Club like Blackburn or Bolton is going to mean total commitment to the job (24/7) and a massive increase in stress levels, that's the last thing he needs at this moment in time. Everything's in place at Rochdale to enable him to take periods of absence at short notice and he knows he can trust the Chairman and Directors to fully support him and his family, the situation at those Clubs mentioned wouldn't allow for that to happen. I don't even think the fans would show much sympathy.

At this moment in time Hilly needs stability in his own work environment to allow him to concentrate on being there for his dad's needs, Team Rochdale will provide that for him by the bucket load. Bolton and Blackburn could be the right jobs but the timing is all wrong for Hilly.

Welcome back, TS.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:49 - May 16 with 4517 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:05 - May 16 by TVOS1907

Welcome back, TS.

Thanks, soon be time for the annual pre-season trip to Macclesfield. Life's for living
[Post edited 16 May 2016 9:51]
Hill to Blackburn? on 11:34 - May 16 with 4356 viewsBigKindo

Hilly 16/1 for Blackburn, favourite Craig Hignett followed by Gareth Ainsworth
Hilly 33/1 for Bolton, favourite Uwe Rossler followed by Stubbs and Peter Reid
Steve Evens favourite for Forest.
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:15 - May 16 with 4152 viewsmacro

Our Hornets supporting pal seems to have gone quiet on the matter
Hill to Blackburn? on 22:48 - May 16 with 3654 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:33 - May 12 by dalestats

Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Cardiff City
Charlton Athletic
Everton
Leyton Orient
Northampton Town
Nottingham Forest
Peterborough United

Plus
Barnsley & Walsall who haven't got permanent managers at the mo

Add to that
Leeds & Watford all rumoured to be giving managers the chop plus Rotherham where Warnock hasn’t confirmed either way whether he’ll stay

Peterborough appoint Grant McCann as manager - a vacancy filled from the many

What is it though with clubs who hire and fire managers regularly giving long contracts - McCann a 4 year deal after Swindon giving their rookie boss a 5 year deal
[Post edited 16 May 2016 22:50]

Poll: Remain in the eu

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:35 - May 18 with 3190 viewsmexmike

Someone on my Facebook just posted this..
http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14498922.Keith_Hill_wants_Blackburn_Rov
Hill to Blackburn? on 09:46 - May 18 with 3167 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 09:35 - May 18 by mexmike

Someone on my Facebook just posted this..
http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14498922.Keith_Hill_wants_Blackburn_Rov

Fans seem keen on Hill reading those comments. Funny though that one of them has come to the conclusion that Hill 'clearly wants the job' ???

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:32 - May 18 with 3060 viewsfitzochris

Hill would be absolutely potty to go to Charlton with their current chop-and-change policy on managers.

Blackburn, if he got the right assurances, would be a cracking move for him.

I really don’t want him to leave at this point, though. It would delay our recruitment, planning for next season and ultimately our pre-season preparation.

Any new manager coming in would have to hit the ground running and, at a small club like ours, that aint easy.

Last time that happened, we had a nightmare season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Hill to Blackburn? on 10:37 - May 18 with 3040 viewsaleanddale

Will be glad when hilly is on board the plane for our pre season!!

Just think he will want more time with Dale.. Once bitten ( Barnsley ) and all that.

Dales all time greatest manager would cement his legend status keeping us in the upper reaches of league 1 for 10 years.

There is your challenge Hilly and you can earn a few quid along the way in a happy environment.
Hill to Blackburn? on 11:41 - May 18 with 2905 viewsdalestats

This just smacks of lazy journalism to me. The fact that Warnock is now favourite suggests as well that everyone realistically is in the dark. Charlton would be unrealistic, can't imagine hill leaving a young family and going to London

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:49 - May 18 with 2874 viewsfitzochris

It smacks of "agent" journalism.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:51 - May 18 with 2867 viewsBigKindo

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:49 - May 18 by fitzochris

It smacks of "agent" journalism.

Perhaps talking up a pay increase for Hilly?
Hill to Blackburn? on 12:00 - May 18 with 2833 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 11:51 - May 18 by BigKindo

Perhaps talking up a pay increase for Hilly?

I'm not sure we'd need to increase Hill's wages - at the end of the day he has to manage the staff budget so any increase in his wages would mean cuts in the players budgets (which are one of the lowest around anyway). He either wants to stay here or he fancies a challenge elsewhere.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:02 - May 18 with 2825 viewsdalestats

Hill to Blackburn? on 20:33 - May 12 by dalestats

Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Cardiff City
Charlton Athletic
Everton
Leyton Orient
Northampton Town
Nottingham Forest
Peterborough United

Plus
Barnsley & Walsall who haven't got permanent managers at the mo

Add to that
Leeds & Watford all rumoured to be giving managers the chop plus Rotherham where Warnock hasn’t confirmed either way whether he’ll stay

Cardiff appoint Trollope as boss

Leaves
Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, charlton, Everton, Orient, Northampton, Watford and forest without bosses

Barnsley, Walsall without permanent bosses

Leeds, Derby and Rotherham possibly needing a new boss
[Post edited 18 May 2016 12:03]

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:10 - May 18 with 2615 viewsMoonyDale

Skybet now have Warnock as hot fave at 1/2 with Hilly at 7/2 second fave. At midnight last night he was 16/1 so there has been some money placed on him.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:19 - May 18 with 2578 viewsaleanddale

Hill to Blackburn? on 12:00 - May 18 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure we'd need to increase Hill's wages - at the end of the day he has to manage the staff budget so any increase in his wages would mean cuts in the players budgets (which are one of the lowest around anyway). He either wants to stay here or he fancies a challenge elsewhere.

This sums it up for me...

If he is happy he stays... Fancies another go with a big club he is off.

Deserves a second chance in the championship IMO I just wish it was with Dale!!
Hill to Blackburn? on 13:59 - May 18 with 2497 views1907

Hill to Blackburn? on 13:10 - May 18 by MoonyDale

Skybet now have Warnock as hot fave at 1/2 with Hilly at 7/2 second fave. At midnight last night he was 16/1 so there has been some money placed on him.......

It's because of the Lancashire Telegraph. They seem mad keen on pushing Hill.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:19 - May 18 with 2425 viewsaleanddale

Oldham put a statement on the Biffo OS regarding the Sheridan to Bolton rumour.

Categoric in that Sheridan not going anywhere and 2 years to run on his contract.

Dale should do the same if for no other reason it Ramps up any compo due if hilly did go.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:30 - May 18 with 2395 viewsSuddenLad

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:19 - May 18 by aleanddale

Oldham put a statement on the Biffo OS regarding the Sheridan to Bolton rumour.

Categoric in that Sheridan not going anywhere and 2 years to run on his contract.

Dale should do the same if for no other reason it Ramps up any compo due if hilly did go.

There will be people wondering/hesitating whether to buy season tickets with the 'Hill to Blackurn' speculation. If there is doubt, they will hold back or not bother.

The club could do themselves a big favour by killing the rumours stone dead as Oldham seem to have done.

I won't hold my breath though.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:34 - May 18 with 2384 views442Dale

Would think that most managers would have contracts which detail levels of compensation should they move to another club.

Dale coming out to deny any link doesn't really matter, we've all seen before that things can change.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:42 - May 18 with 2324 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:34 - May 18 by 442Dale

Would think that most managers would have contracts which detail levels of compensation should they move to another club.

Dale coming out to deny any link doesn't really matter, we've all seen before that things can change.

Agree - best saying nowt. Last time statement's were made and Hill came out with the 'business as usual' quote and some people never forgave him and accused him of lying/ being 2 faced. I'm sure he has other worries occupying his mind at the minute anyway.

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:43 - May 18 with 2320 viewslurker

Based on past history, it's when Hilly denies it that we need to be worried.

I hope he stays for another year. He will move on eventually. He is too much of a talent to stay with Dale for the rest of his career.
Hill to Blackburn? on 14:43 - May 18 with 2314 viewsSuddenLad

You're right, but they could at least offer a denial that the reports in newspapers are incorrect as of today.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:12 - May 18 with 2230 viewsdingdangblue

Hill to Blackburn? on 14:43 - May 18 by SuddenLad

You're right, but they could at least offer a denial that the reports in newspapers are incorrect as of today.

The article is just pure speculation. As Fitz said before 'beware an article with no quote's'. They are being a bit naughty with the headline 'Hill wants Blackburn job' though .

Hill to Blackburn? on 15:37 - May 18 with 2150 viewsDale_Mike

Not much in it now.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/blackburn/next-permanent-m

Will he be thinking "if I have a crack at Blackburn & it all goes wrong I will get spell number 3 back at Dale anyway"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024