Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 51347 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:56 - Oct 22 with 2048 viewspioneer

doesnt matter what anyone thinks about the position of Lama and others (for the record I share his concerns). the point is some ST holders may be put off buying STs next season as a result of this...was that considered in designing this deal?

ST holders lay out money upfront and take all the risk of weather, form, being unable to attend for other reasons. Those now purchasing the 100 quid deal are laying out less, and taking on less risk, they have the benefit of knowing the team are currently playing well.

As a club we do seem to be able to turn a good thing, a reduced price promotion, into a less good thing (crapping on your most financially committed fans. This could and should have been avoided by recognising what this means for ST holders by announcing some plan for their loyalty and commitment to be rewarded accordingly.

Yes its a great deal and lets hope many come forward, but lets not ignore the interests of ST holders (I am not one). They were screwed when the pricing was announced for this season and they are being screwed again.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:04 - Oct 22 with 2038 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:56 - Oct 22 by pioneer

doesnt matter what anyone thinks about the position of Lama and others (for the record I share his concerns). the point is some ST holders may be put off buying STs next season as a result of this...was that considered in designing this deal?

ST holders lay out money upfront and take all the risk of weather, form, being unable to attend for other reasons. Those now purchasing the 100 quid deal are laying out less, and taking on less risk, they have the benefit of knowing the team are currently playing well.

As a club we do seem to be able to turn a good thing, a reduced price promotion, into a less good thing (crapping on your most financially committed fans. This could and should have been avoided by recognising what this means for ST holders by announcing some plan for their loyalty and commitment to be rewarded accordingly.

Yes its a great deal and lets hope many come forward, but lets not ignore the interests of ST holders (I am not one). They were screwed when the pricing was announced for this season and they are being screwed again.

It really doesn't have to be so negative. Easily sorted, ST holders addressed and focus on the amazing offer.

This cannot be stressed enough, to both sides of the debate.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:08 - Oct 22 with 2030 viewsaleanddale

If the £100 half season ticket becomes £200 for a full season then we all benefit.

I see lamas point entirely - but I would encourage anybody in a similar position myself included to look at the long game...

If this is just the start of fan engagement regarding pricing then let's embrace and get excited.

As put earlier the difference now this season I s a tenner or so.. The club is welcome to mine..

Onwards.. Let's enjoy and see what is proposed in the summer.

£200 or less would be very well received!!!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 11:13]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:33 - Oct 22 with 1981 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:08 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

No, once more.

when buying a season ticket i have always expected it to be the best value for money that season.

The value of paying up front is no longer there, it has been eroded over the last few years.

1. Vouchers turning from being tangible to being discounts
2. 2 for £20, £5 games, bring a friend for free, various initiatives
3. Removal of the early bird for those paying in May
4. This deal

The club are evidently looking at pricing and they can be applauded in that, but in doing this deal this season they have mugged off the fans that i consider the loyalist.

I will attend games next season, junior will have a season ticket next season, at £10 it's a no brainer and will be used for the few games i take him to.

We will still be watching football every weekend, but we will not be tied to Rochdale by an adult season ticket

Personally I dont get a season ticket for 'best value for money' - in fact this seasons arguably wasn't value for money. Miss a few games (which happens almost every season) and the value dilutes even more. The main reason for me is that its paid for and I don't then have to worry about it during the season. I'm sure if it wasn't there would be instances where we have 3 home games in a week and I couldn't justify paying £60. It personally doesn't bother me in the slightest that someone wanting to get the £100 one might be getting in cheaper per game - the more the merrier. And I look forward to next seasons plans.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:53 - Oct 22 with 1964 viewsNerazzurri

As a current season ticket holder I am delighted by this move. The old CE has gone and in his place we have a much more commercially minded man who is determined to increase the attendances that we attract.

Obviously the biggest barrier to larger crowds is price, so please get this bought all you non season ticket holders & hopefully we can all reap the benefits in time for next season.

Forza Nerazzurri

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:28 - Oct 22 with 1916 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:53 - Oct 22 by Nerazzurri

As a current season ticket holder I am delighted by this move. The old CE has gone and in his place we have a much more commercially minded man who is determined to increase the attendances that we attract.

Obviously the biggest barrier to larger crowds is price, so please get this bought all you non season ticket holders & hopefully we can all reap the benefits in time for next season.

That's it in a nutshell. No dressing it up with nonsense as we've seen before, this is the most positive step we've seen in years to address the crowd size issue. Possibly ever.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 1910 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:28 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

That's it in a nutshell. No dressing it up with nonsense as we've seen before, this is the most positive step we've seen in years to address the crowd size issue. Possibly ever.

Which, at the real risk of repeating the obvious, is why it's so damned annoying to read the negativity.

Those who feel hard done by should have some patience, and see what kind of benefit current s/t holders might receive on renewal. Those who've already decided they're not going to renew on the basis of yesterday's announcement could end up cutting their nose off to spite their face. I'd expect such a principled stand to be maintained in those circumstances.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:48 - Oct 22 with 1882 viewslove_the_dale

As a season ticket holder, I must admit I have been feeling a bit aggrieved, but I suppose it's like when you go on holiday and find that someone who has booked nearer the time has got it cheaper.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 1868 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:35 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Which, at the real risk of repeating the obvious, is why it's so damned annoying to read the negativity.

Those who feel hard done by should have some patience, and see what kind of benefit current s/t holders might receive on renewal. Those who've already decided they're not going to renew on the basis of yesterday's announcement could end up cutting their nose off to spite their face. I'd expect such a principled stand to be maintained in those circumstances.

And to play devil's advocate that's exactly why the story should have included a line like "for our current Season Ticket holders we will also have exciting news to come too" or something similar.

Straight away it removes that need to react negatively - it's a case of "well I'll wait and see what that is then". Cannot stress how simple such communication is once checked out with those who will potentially read it. Give fans a reason to employ that patience.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 1868 viewsLuke8686

Absolutely over the moon with this news, it's a giant leap in the right direction. But why has this taken so long? As much as Colin Garlick did for the club, his attempts at trying to boost attendances has to be seen as a failure during his tenure. There's no guarantees that this initiative will be a success yet, but it's more radical and forward-thinking than anything Colin tried, and the new chief exec has only been in the job 2 minutes. Hopefully lot's more to come.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:54 - Oct 22 with 1857 viewsDaley_Lama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:35 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

That almost reads as though i am being called out.

I will not be getting a season ticket next season, even if they are giving them away for free. There you go, it is on record. Junior will however ve gettinh his £10 free one.

Poll: DF in or out

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:09 - Oct 22 with 1820 viewsmoth5368

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:51 - Oct 21 by sykeboy

And me

I'm Spartacus
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:10 - Oct 22 with 1821 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:54 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

That almost reads as though i am being called out.

I will not be getting a season ticket next season, even if they are giving them away for free. There you go, it is on record. Junior will however ve gettinh his £10 free one.

Does read as you are being called out.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion which is based on personal circumstances and previous interactions with the club.

Shame the bullying on here against anyone who has a different view on anything is as rife as ever.

Personally I will wait and see what the club announces before deciding about next season , although it may be next April before a plan is finalised.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:16 - Oct 22 with 1805 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:10 - Oct 22 by The_DJ

Everyone is entitled to their opinion which is based on personal circumstances and previous interactions with the club.

Shame the bullying on here against anyone who has a different view on anything is as rife as ever.

Personally I will wait and see what the club announces before deciding about next season , although it may be next April before a plan is finalised.

Just out of interest, if they had added a line about "exciting news for current ST holders", do you think that would have alleviated some concerns?

You're spot on about people being entitled to their own opinion on it without it becoming personal on here. It should be about finding routes forward to benefit as many fans as possible. Which is dead easy!

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:16 - Oct 22 with 1806 viewsBartRowou

Agree with that.
Obviously it's ok for season-ticket rebels to change their minds but not the likes of Lama.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:19 - Oct 22 with 1797 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:16 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Just out of interest, if they had added a line about "exciting news for current ST holders", do you think that would have alleviated some concerns?

You're spot on about people being entitled to their own opinion on it without it becoming personal on here. It should be about finding routes forward to benefit as many fans as possible. Which is dead easy!

Remember the exciting news for season ticket holders last season?

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:23 - Oct 22 with 1784 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:16 - Oct 22 by BartRowou

Agree with that.
Obviously it's ok for season-ticket rebels to change their minds but not the likes of Lama.

It's fine for anyone to do what they want, especially when plenty of those who chose not to get a ST did so because of the way the club chose not to address fans concerns, especially in the communications with the Trust and on GMR in the summer. For some it was never about price, for some it was. Each to their own.

If by illustrating and saying they are listening to fans around the issues now in the form of real action, then it's a massive step forward. That it's affected some negatively could and should be addressed too. Once it is, hopefully they can appreciate a similar change in approach as well.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:25 - Oct 22 with 1779 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:19 - Oct 22 by judd

Remember the exciting news for season ticket holders last season?

Indeed! That's why it has to be followed up with actions. Yesterday illustrates there's more chance of this happening.

I really hope they don't think "we've done enough now" and put these concerns to one side.

Edit: you're spot on though. It needed a line about current ST holders not being forgotten and that they'll benefit in some way too. "exciting" is a rubbish word because it is subjective.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 13:28]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:27 - Oct 22 with 1775 viewsmoth5368

Can you point out the bullying, I'm missing it.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:39 - Oct 22 with 1736 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:27 - Oct 22 by moth5368

Can you point out the bullying, I'm missing it.

They're probably referrring to my "Dale just ruined my childhood" thread

It was deliberately ridiculous and over-the-top, that was the point

If people choose to feel bullied, I can see why they'd feel aggrieved about thinking they've been shafted by the club too, despite those of us who've asked for patience.

Opinions are one thing, throwing a strop before you even know you're not going to be dealt a much better deal is another

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:52 - Oct 22 with 1704 viewsDaley_Lama

I have not claimed to be bullied.

I have aired my anger at how this deal makes me feel about the season ticket i bought THIS season.

This has affronted my principle of fairness and i think i have explained why this irks me so enough on this thread.

I have clarified that because of this principle, i will not be purchasing a season ticket next season. I

I will not be waiting to see what exciting deal is offered because it is irrelevant, i am not having a season ticket next season at Rochdale.

If anybody wants to think I''m an over-principled fool who is cutting his nose off to spite his face in a strop then that is their perogative.

Not much more to add really, i will duck out of this thread now, each to their own.

Poll: DF in or out

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:00 - Oct 22 with 1665 views49thseason

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:12 - Oct 21 by wozzrafc

See post above sandy lane

About £20 quid more paid by people who bought season ticket

Pearl street
About £30 quid more paid by people who bought season ticket

That's based on attending all game And full priced season ticket

But there is the £25 voucher off next seasons ticket to take into account too.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:29 - Oct 22 with 1606 viewsTrueDaleBlue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:11 - Oct 21 by Laveritty

I must admit that when I first saw the title of this thread I just assumed it was simply another in a long line of similar topics about how we, the fans, thought the club could attempt to increase the fanbase rather than standing idly by and watching the size of the crowds dwindle whilst the league position and points gained continued to improve and increase!

Then I opened up the thread, clicked on the link to the official site, and realised that they had actually taken notice of all our suggestions/ideas and launched a bold, but very attractive, looking scheme. The first thing that popped into my mind was WOW - at long last they have done exactly what many people have been saying on here for ages.

I assumed that there would be nothing but positive reaction and was looking forward to reading all the congratulatory posts and people recognising that this was a huge step for the club! Add in the little teaser of 'more to come next season' and surely everybody else's reaction would also be 'WOW - what a fantastic move!' I also assumed that all Dale Fans would hold one of two viewpoints:

1) 'I have never been tempted to buy a Season Ticket before (or am a lapsed ST holder) but that offer is simply too good to refuse/ignore - here's my bank/card details and send me my bargain Season Ticket ASAP'

or

2) 'I currently have a Season Ticket but appreciate the effort that the club is making with this offer and support it 100% and hope that the club (and fellow supporters) promote it as wholeheartedly as they/we can in an attempt to breathe some new life into the embarrassing crowds scenario at Rochdale AFC. The more fans we can get through the turnstiles, the better the atmosphere will be and hopefully an increase in revenue will lead to improved recruitment for the team!'

Sadly there seems to be a few curmudgeons who do not fall into either of these two camps! I don't get this feeling that has come across in a handful of posts where people think they should be entitled to some kind of compensation/freebies to offset the deal being offered to new ST applicants? Surely as an existing Season Ticket Holder you are a committed supporter of the club and can only endorse and approve of any efforts to increase the numbers of people joining you/us.

As has been mooted elsewhere on this thread we have also been dangled a carrot with mention of 'The heavily discounted half season ticket is a precursor to our future plans' so I find it difficult to believe that anybody could find cause for complaint or dissatisfaction in this announcement. When you turn up at the Shrewsbury game on 30th December what would you rather see - the usual 75% empty ground or hundreds (thousands? - we can dream!) of extra people and the extra income, noise and support that they would generate?

It's a no brainer isn't it? So lets get behind it and give our full backing to the board and try and encourage as many people as possible to come and see what they have been missing for the last few years!

UP THE DALE!!!!

The point is that You and your colleagues got the initial season ticket pricing and marketing of those spectacularly wrong, and was told so before they went on sale with the feedback from the Dale Trust, but you went ahead with your pricing strategy anyway. Thankfully we now have somebody ( Russ Green ) on board who is a football person and seems to have a bit more of an idea on what is required to sell the season tickets at a more attractive price to entice new/ lapsed customers.
I myself was one of those that didn't renew in the summer for the simple reason I thought the club was taking the piss, but will now buy one of the half season tickets because it's good value for money.
What you have to remember is this is a Fans forum, for the Fans, to congratulate or moan at anything to do with the club, not for employees of the club to massage their ego's.
Just for the record I would of felt aggrieved if I had bought in the summer, only for this offer to have been made now, luckily for me I will now benefit from this.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:34 - Oct 22 with 1590 views1mark1

I think it's an excellent offer and idea and hope that it transforms into a full ST being available for any stand for £200 max, possibly down to £150 if sales show that , that would entice a lot more people into Spotland.

Current full price paying ST holders should be entitled to a discount on next seasons ST, as some form of compensation for in effect paying more than those that will take up this seasons half ST.

Next seasons prices. All season ticket prices any stand.

U11 s ST £10. Match day £1. Any stand.
U 18s ST £50 Match day £5.
U21s ST £100. Match day £10
Others £200 but reduced to £150 IF the club sells a certain number of £200 STs . Match day £ 15 All stands except Main stand , but £5 voucher off a future game given to each person paying £20 and away stand £20.

The ability to pay monthly, with a premium no more than say £20 over a season or over 9/10 months.

No vouchers to be given with STs .

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 1581 viewsPorlicks

It just proves that if less people buy season tickets we all get cheaper prices. Those who want to increase attendances through cheaper match-day prices shouldn't buy season tickets.

Who are YOU with?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024