Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 51349 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 2298 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:35 - Oct 23 by 1907

I had a feeling how this thread was going to run on page one. You know what, it's depressing to see the same miserable, moaning, negative fans constantly whinging about anything and everything. For the first time in many a year the club has laid out a serious proposition to tackle attendances and all you've done is made this about yourself because you're a little bit out of pocket. Will you get over it for Christ's sake? We're trying to grow the fan base, grow the business & protect the future of the club. Surely if you are a current season ticket holder, that is an inclination that you love the club, how in gods name can you complain about this? I don't get it! My worry is that the board (or certain employees) clearly read this board and selfish negativity like I've just read over the last few pages could demoralise even the most ardent fan and potentially prevent future initiatives like this from ever occurring. You don't speak for the majority of the fan base. Please, please, have a day off.

Is there really that much negativity? Most fans are focusing on what a fantastic idea it is and that the new CEO is obviously having a major impact straight away.

It really is refreshing to see such a move towards growing the fanbase, and I'd hope that if anyone at the club does read this thread they appreciate that supporters are fully behind trying new things. It's been said before what a valuable resource this messageboard can be to gauge customer opinion, and it's obviously played a part when statements are made about listening to fans. If there are now a couple of ideas on this thread that RG thinks could make what is a great initiative even better, then surely it's good for everyone? I doubt anyone on here claims to know it all about how we could get an extra 1000 fans through the gate, but if feedback leads to just one more person turning up every other Saturday, then it's definitely worth posting/reading.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 9:29]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 2291 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:35 - Oct 23 by 1907

I had a feeling how this thread was going to run on page one. You know what, it's depressing to see the same miserable, moaning, negative fans constantly whinging about anything and everything. For the first time in many a year the club has laid out a serious proposition to tackle attendances and all you've done is made this about yourself because you're a little bit out of pocket. Will you get over it for Christ's sake? We're trying to grow the fan base, grow the business & protect the future of the club. Surely if you are a current season ticket holder, that is an inclination that you love the club, how in gods name can you complain about this? I don't get it! My worry is that the board (or certain employees) clearly read this board and selfish negativity like I've just read over the last few pages could demoralise even the most ardent fan and potentially prevent future initiatives like this from ever occurring. You don't speak for the majority of the fan base. Please, please, have a day off.

The majority of posters on this thread are supportive, positive and fully behind the idea.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:29 - Oct 23 with 2289 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:22 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

Your third sentence is ridiculous. Bullying? Really?

It's just someone having another view.

No it's bullying.
The usual suspects every time gang up on people in the minority and a great many users don't post on here as a result.
Pathetic bullies.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:36 - Oct 23 with 2275 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:29 - Oct 23 by The_DJ

No it's bullying.
The usual suspects every time gang up on people in the minority and a great many users don't post on here as a result.
Pathetic bullies.

Usual suspects? Who?

A great many users? Who?

The board is as vibrant as it's ever been.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:42 - Oct 23 with 2264 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:36 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

Usual suspects? Who?

A great many users? Who?

The board is as vibrant as it's ever been.

Hasn't there, amongst almost everyone, been a real show of understanding about the feelings of different supporters? I thought so. I certainly appreciate the point many existing ST holders have and would fully support any move which illustrates they benefit in the future too.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:49 - Oct 23 with 2246 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:25 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

Is there really that much negativity? Most fans are focusing on what a fantastic idea it is and that the new CEO is obviously having a major impact straight away.

It really is refreshing to see such a move towards growing the fanbase, and I'd hope that if anyone at the club does read this thread they appreciate that supporters are fully behind trying new things. It's been said before what a valuable resource this messageboard can be to gauge customer opinion, and it's obviously played a part when statements are made about listening to fans. If there are now a couple of ideas on this thread that RG thinks could make what is a great initiative even better, then surely it's good for everyone? I doubt anyone on here claims to know it all about how we could get an extra 1000 fans through the gate, but if feedback leads to just one more person turning up every other Saturday, then it's definitely worth posting/reading.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 9:29]

Good post, focusing on the positive aspect of this initiative.

Like you say, fans don't proclaim to know it all, but they have their own ideas and suggestions as well, which might just be incredibly worthwhile.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:05 - Oct 23 with 2219 viewsColDale

Spoke at length to Russ at the last Trust meet directors meeting about what went on at Hartlepool.

Can't remember how the Hartlepool scheme worked exactly but I think it worked at that it would only be £100 a season ticket if they sold 4000 by something like 1st August. Supporters paid the money and if they didn't reach the total, then supporters would either be offered the chance to pay the remainder of the season ticket money or to have the £100 as a ten ticket voucher for home games.

With a few days before the deadline, they'd sold around 3,200 and they just decided to go for it and make it £100 no matter what, and there was a massive rush in those last few days. They pitched them at everyone. The big three in the NE were targetted, but it was the number of businesses that got behind this. Think he said there were adverts on the town hall, and local companies were snapping them up for prizes and incentives.

The walk up on the day was practically non existent, other than away supporters, but the big difference was in the bars, the kiosks and the club shop, all of which more than doubled their turnover.

Three years on, the prices were back at their original prices, but the take up had almost tripled.

Their thinking behind the scheme came from yet another poor crowd and a realisation that something radical needed to be done or otherwise it would just be more of the same. The parallels with us are all too clear to see, and it is to Russ's credit that he has brought this in and persuaded the board to back this.

As a season ticket holder, I'm delighted that the club have introduced this. We did a survey a few years back, and we had 82% of season ticket holders backed a reduction in admission to increase the support base which doesn't directly match this, but it would certainly suggest that having season tickets already been purchased, 4 out of 5 were happy with such initiatives.

I could understand fans being unhappy if they were being ripped off, but we're under new management off the field now, and it is refreshing to see the club make a bold move and do it now rather than the safer option of waiting until the Summer.

And the more I think about this, I feel the club have all but forced themselves into doing similar in the Summer. Season tickets at existing prices will see a massive drop in season tickets as people decided to wait for the second half prices, and I can't see that being allowed to happen.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:20 - Oct 23 with 2205 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:05 - Oct 23 by ColDale

Spoke at length to Russ at the last Trust meet directors meeting about what went on at Hartlepool.

Can't remember how the Hartlepool scheme worked exactly but I think it worked at that it would only be £100 a season ticket if they sold 4000 by something like 1st August. Supporters paid the money and if they didn't reach the total, then supporters would either be offered the chance to pay the remainder of the season ticket money or to have the £100 as a ten ticket voucher for home games.

With a few days before the deadline, they'd sold around 3,200 and they just decided to go for it and make it £100 no matter what, and there was a massive rush in those last few days. They pitched them at everyone. The big three in the NE were targetted, but it was the number of businesses that got behind this. Think he said there were adverts on the town hall, and local companies were snapping them up for prizes and incentives.

The walk up on the day was practically non existent, other than away supporters, but the big difference was in the bars, the kiosks and the club shop, all of which more than doubled their turnover.

Three years on, the prices were back at their original prices, but the take up had almost tripled.

Their thinking behind the scheme came from yet another poor crowd and a realisation that something radical needed to be done or otherwise it would just be more of the same. The parallels with us are all too clear to see, and it is to Russ's credit that he has brought this in and persuaded the board to back this.

As a season ticket holder, I'm delighted that the club have introduced this. We did a survey a few years back, and we had 82% of season ticket holders backed a reduction in admission to increase the support base which doesn't directly match this, but it would certainly suggest that having season tickets already been purchased, 4 out of 5 were happy with such initiatives.

I could understand fans being unhappy if they were being ripped off, but we're under new management off the field now, and it is refreshing to see the club make a bold move and do it now rather than the safer option of waiting until the Summer.

And the more I think about this, I feel the club have all but forced themselves into doing similar in the Summer. Season tickets at existing prices will see a massive drop in season tickets as people decided to wait for the second half prices, and I can't see that being allowed to happen.

Your last point is exactly the discussion we were having last night.
The expectancy has been created and anything less would be a worse situation than we were in last April.

Here's one to chew over.
An option of a 2 year season ticket at last years prices for existing season ticket holders. The club retain the income levels of this year and it gives the new potential reduced pricing regime another year of trial.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:23]
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:37 - Oct 23 with 2169 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:20 - Oct 23 by The_DJ

Your last point is exactly the discussion we were having last night.
The expectancy has been created and anything less would be a worse situation than we were in last April.

Here's one to chew over.
An option of a 2 year season ticket at last years prices for existing season ticket holders. The club retain the income levels of this year and it gives the new potential reduced pricing regime another year of trial.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:23]

Good to see positive feedback and ideas rather than negativity and moaning. That's all any of us have pointed out. That's not bullying.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 2151 viewsD_Alien

Great post, and thanks for filling in the finer details of the Hartlepool scheme

We're in a far better position, footballing-wise, than they were so it's now or never. When you think of the amount of money many of us have ploughed into following the Dale over the years, it really puts it into perspective how much this - the start of a proper attempt to drag the fanbase up by its bootlaces - really means

[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 10:49]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 2113 viewsupthedale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

The offer came 13 games into the season - 7 of which were at home. 16 to play.

It offers 11 games from 30th December for £100.

There are many precedents across all UK an European leagues over bundles of tickets which are more advantageously priced than a season ticket. Usually this is to sell excess capacity. All lift sales.

What is odd here is that:
1) The package offered is for 11 games , not 3 or 5 or any other number.
2) The offer comes very early - 9 weeks before the offer starts and only 11 weeks into a season.

As I said elsewhere, I'd love the club to find the means of offering a rebate to every season ticket holder which at most is £30. Masses of positive PR and a first of giving back to ST holders. I think I said before that I think a ST should give you the best financial value.

I find the word alienated a bit strong. I think as someone else said, no one is forcing a person to buy either a 23 game package or an 11 game package at a set price - it becomes personal choice.

The evidence of other clubs suggests this strategy will add numbers to the gate - but I'll need to wait until this time next year to prove that with attendance figures.

But it has worked elsewhere, most significantly Hartlepool. And I think it will work here.

Time will tell.

The money lost isn't £30 at most, I think I would have saved £65 by not buying a full season ticket based on this new deal, and that's assuming I make all the rest of the games.

I buy a season ticket to get the best value for the season, knowing I will miss a few games but not miss too many to make it worth paying in each game. I also like supporting the club by handing over my money at the start of the season.

This new deal is definitely a massive step in the right direction, but it really has left a sour taste for me. I debated renewing with all that went on at the start of the season, but decided to renew to support the club. I feel that loyalty hasn't been considered.

As others have suggested perhaps even a note in the article to say about current season ticket holders being rewarded in some way would have made me feel better, even just the acknowledgement.

I was going to post the other day when this came out, but expected that posters expressing a bit of disappointment would be branded negative etc and torn apart. This was the case, but I may as well just express my opinion anyway!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 2086 viewsBartRowou

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:37 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

Good to see positive feedback and ideas rather than negativity and moaning. That's all any of us have pointed out. That's not bullying.

Could you not have just said "Good idea"?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 2085 viewsDorislove

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 07:58 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

According to judd, I haven't got any balls to be kicked in, but cheap shots apart you've got a point

The club have got so many things wrong off the pitch it's no wonder some are cynical about the whole thing. Tell you what, RG must have some balls to be getting the ST business past the board, and i reckon he deserves our support, not kicking in the balls by cynics (don't mean you)

I havent seen much change in the last 3 years to alter my cynisism of the workings of the club apart from this last offer(i still think the club has a gun against its head and doesnt really know what to do for the best ) ,it certainly has made me think about buying the ticket and see a few games so really thats worked.See if it gets me back in the habit of going to games .
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:48 - Oct 23 with 2053 viewsrochdaleriddler

Brilliant bring it on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:53 - Oct 23 with 2055 viewsR17ALE

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:32 - Oct 23 by Dorislove

I havent seen much change in the last 3 years to alter my cynisism of the workings of the club apart from this last offer(i still think the club has a gun against its head and doesnt really know what to do for the best ) ,it certainly has made me think about buying the ticket and see a few games so really thats worked.See if it gets me back in the habit of going to games .

Yes. You and your family should return. There's a yawning void in front of me in The Sandy and I'm still keeping your spaces free for you in the hope that you reappear one day!

Your step has been "retired" in effect!

Oh, and I like the DJ's idea of existing S/T holders being offered a two year deal to reflect the additional outlay we had last summer, although if I'm out of pocket I'm still not bothered. I take the view that if we want to see football played at this level, then we have to pay something towards it. The debate is how much is something.

And the long term solution has to be getting more people to pay something. How we achieve that is already worthy of an 8 pager!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:07 - Oct 23 with 1961 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:32 - Oct 23 by BartRowou

Yes, it could have done but an opportunity to bully would have been missed.

Probably been like that all its life so doesn't know any better.

Expect another sniping repost , the clock is running............
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:14 - Oct 23 with 1947 viewsaleanddale

It's a great deal....

Well done the club the vast majority are supportive and happy.

The trick now is to continue pro rata into a full season offer and bundle something up to appease current ST holders with a grumble.

Those with a grumble try and thing longer term.. What's best for the club.

We have wanted this for an age! Let's see what the next phase brings...

This looks on the face of it an incredible start by RG.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 13:28]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:18 - Oct 23 with 1929 viewsdingdangblue

This is a great thread (which I have posted on here before) from the Hartlepool forum at the time of their offer. It tracks the daily/weekly progress and is staggering how negativity turns to positivity as sales are improving and the offer starts to become a huge success! Takes a while to read through but worth it.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:28 - Oct 23 with 1907 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:32 - Oct 23 by BartRowou

I could have done, but the person I replied to could equally have contributed to the thread without throwing out cheap accusations of bullying

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:28 - Oct 23 with 1826 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:18 - Oct 23 by dingdangblue

This is a great thread (which I have posted on here before) from the Hartlepool forum at the time of their offer. It tracks the daily/weekly progress and is staggering how negativity turns to positivity as sales are improving and the offer starts to become a huge success! Takes a while to read through but worth it.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

That's a great read! Hope we do something similar with regular updates on numbers from the club because it's clear that word getting round about people getting hold of a ST had an effect - almost became a case where people get one because they heard someone else had.

A target of 100 in that first week? More? Maybe with one late night opening a week so potential fans can go after work.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:20 - Oct 23 with 1714 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:28 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

I could have done, but the person I replied to could equally have contributed to the thread without throwing out cheap accusations of bullying

21 minutes.
Hope your Sunday lunch isn't spat all over your keyboard

Clock running again as you always have to have the last word Richard.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 1660 viewsDaleFan7

If the people on this board that were moaning about ST prices and saying they weren't going to buy one at the start of the season actually had any bottle and didn't buy one then they'd have nothing to moan about now. The only way the club would listen is through sales and attendances, they've been crap in STs and attendances this year and therefore they've been forced to listen.

It's taken far too long yes but they're starting to move in the right direction. I'm glad I stood my ground in that I thought the club was treating the fans unfairly at the start of the season and I will be buying a Half ST now they represent good value.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:06 - Oct 23 with 1601 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:01 - Oct 23 by DaleFan7

If the people on this board that were moaning about ST prices and saying they weren't going to buy one at the start of the season actually had any bottle and didn't buy one then they'd have nothing to moan about now. The only way the club would listen is through sales and attendances, they've been crap in STs and attendances this year and therefore they've been forced to listen.

It's taken far too long yes but they're starting to move in the right direction. I'm glad I stood my ground in that I thought the club was treating the fans unfairly at the start of the season and I will be buying a Half ST now they represent good value.

It would actually work out roughly the same ( you would be £5 better off having not bought one )
12 games at £20 pay on door = £240
11 games at £100 half season = £100

Full season ticket £370 - £25 voucher = £345

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:36 - Oct 23 with 1571 viewsDaley_Lama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:06 - Oct 23 by dingdangblue

It would actually work out roughly the same ( you would be £5 better off having not bought one )
12 games at £20 pay on door = £240
11 games at £100 half season = £100

Full season ticket £370 - £25 voucher = £345

dingdangblue, your maths only apply under the following conditions

a) if you attended every single game
b) if you sat in the TDS
c) if you were a season ticket holder the previous season

Somebody else may have the following unremarkable conditions

a) if you missed 3 games a season
b) if you sat in the main stand
c) if you were a new season ticket holder

£418 - £100 - £198 (9 x £22) = £120 difference.

Poll: DF in or out

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 1528 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:36 - Oct 23 by Daley_Lama

dingdangblue, your maths only apply under the following conditions

a) if you attended every single game
b) if you sat in the TDS
c) if you were a season ticket holder the previous season

Somebody else may have the following unremarkable conditions

a) if you missed 3 games a season
b) if you sat in the main stand
c) if you were a new season ticket holder

£418 - £100 - £198 (9 x £22) = £120 difference.

There will be a multitude of scenarios where people may consider themselves to be worse or better off. It really is down to individuals and that has to be respected.

It's an excellent initiative that needs adding to with a few more details now. One thing worth considering is that the initial announcement came late on a Friday. It could be just the start with it being a week before they go on sale - let's see what comes next.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024