Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 40289 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:53 - Feb 21 with 3483 viewsSalwaDale

Wow, Sting to make WWE debut at 54?

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:30 - Feb 21 with 3475 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:53 - Feb 21 by SalwaDale

Wow, Sting to make WWE debut at 54?

The novelty will wear off very quickly, but the initial appearances will be something special.

If it happens.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 11:26 - Feb 22 with 3427 viewsChaffRAFC

I couldn't really give two s**ts about Hogan. Never been a fan, even as a kid I couldn't do with him. His return doesn't really excite me but it will get a big reaction nonetheless.

The return of the Undertaker is pretty much bang on time and I look forward to it but look forward to see who he decides to take on more, if it's Sting then that, and that alone, will probably keep me watching a bit longer because I'm very close to switching off.

I watch Raw week in week out and see the true talent doing nothing, the biggest reason I watch walked out a few weeks ago and the same old heads get the push. For example, I was watching a couple of weeks ago and Batista, a man with very little talent in the ring and on the mic was messing his promo up again and following not long after was Dolph Ziggler who was dancing in a tag match with R-Truth.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:32 - Feb 24 with 3354 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 11:26 - Feb 22 by ChaffRAFC

I couldn't really give two s**ts about Hogan. Never been a fan, even as a kid I couldn't do with him. His return doesn't really excite me but it will get a big reaction nonetheless.

The return of the Undertaker is pretty much bang on time and I look forward to it but look forward to see who he decides to take on more, if it's Sting then that, and that alone, will probably keep me watching a bit longer because I'm very close to switching off.

I watch Raw week in week out and see the true talent doing nothing, the biggest reason I watch walked out a few weeks ago and the same old heads get the push. For example, I was watching a couple of weeks ago and Batista, a man with very little talent in the ring and on the mic was messing his promo up again and following not long after was Dolph Ziggler who was dancing in a tag match with R-Truth.

Lots of good points there Chaffster, but the standard of some of the matches on last night's PPV and the individuals focused on gives some hope.

Orton winning and facing Batista is horrible, but the emphasis on Bryan's chase for the title was noticeable in the commentary at the end. Also the fact they let the Shield and the Wyatts have that match which advanced all six men points to a real shift in who is viewed as the mainstays of the company. Whether they finally push the button and let them take over from the Batistas of the world is another matter, but parts of Elimination Chamber were a sure sign the future could involve some change.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:03 - Feb 24 with 3336 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:32 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Lots of good points there Chaffster, but the standard of some of the matches on last night's PPV and the individuals focused on gives some hope.

Orton winning and facing Batista is horrible, but the emphasis on Bryan's chase for the title was noticeable in the commentary at the end. Also the fact they let the Shield and the Wyatts have that match which advanced all six men points to a real shift in who is viewed as the mainstays of the company. Whether they finally push the button and let them take over from the Batistas of the world is another matter, but parts of Elimination Chamber were a sure sign the future could involve some change.

What WWE showed last night was that they can do things right when they want to :- Shield vs Wyatt's early match of the year candidate just due to all 6 characters working there backside off and even the losers still look strong out of it. Same with the Cesaro match on Raw last week. I looked forward to Cena vs Wyatt at Mania.

Lots of rumours saying Bryan could have a match against Kane at Mania early on and the stipulation being if he wins he get's in the 3 way.

But i guess everyone will know much more tonight off what's got to be a big night with it being the network launch night.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:09 - Feb 24 with 3302 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:03 - Feb 24 by PRINCE2356

What WWE showed last night was that they can do things right when they want to :- Shield vs Wyatt's early match of the year candidate just due to all 6 characters working there backside off and even the losers still look strong out of it. Same with the Cesaro match on Raw last week. I looked forward to Cena vs Wyatt at Mania.

Lots of rumours saying Bryan could have a match against Kane at Mania early on and the stipulation being if he wins he get's in the 3 way.

But i guess everyone will know much more tonight off what's got to be a big night with it being the network launch night.

They really couldn't ignore the reactions Bryan was getting before, and the way the commentators put him over last night indicated they finally get it. Those rumours seem the perfect get out to the fear he has to face Kane at Mania, and it also gives people a reason not to hate Orton-Batista before it even starts.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:19 - Feb 24 with 3298 viewsPRINCE2356

I don't think i will bee xactly celebrating Batista's title win in New Orleans that night ha - BOOOTISTA
who was your fav wrestler?? on 03:35 - Apr 7 with 3182 viewsRotherhamDale

Not putting any spoilers on in case people have Sky +d it, but...

Wrestlemania... Wow.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:36 - Apr 7 with 3112 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 03:35 - Apr 7 by RotherhamDale

Not putting any spoilers on in case people have Sky +d it, but...

Wrestlemania... Wow.

Don't read if you haven't seen it yet......,

Think last night saw the Attitude era finally put to bed. Starting with the Rock/Austin/Hogan love-in at the start, the Outlaws and Kane completely blown away and finally the end of Taker's winning streak.

The last one gets all the headlines, and as a standalone "what just happened?" moment it's almost impossible to think of anything bigger since Montreal. It's not that they ended it, more the lack of build up which would result in a send-off to match the record. If it was booked as ''Taker will retire if he loses', the drama and eventual loss would mean that much more. As it was, it was a stunned crowd that barely acknowledged a clearly broken down Undertaker struggling to even get to his feet. He looked pretty worried in there and the subsequent hospital trip appears to confirm that. I don't get why he wanted to lose it like that, especially with never having had that match with Cena that would draw money. Maybe he called it in the run up to the show, who knows?

The Daniel Bryan story took a long time getting there but they got it right in the end. Nobody can convince me they planned it like this all along, with the Wyatts pointless inclusion in his journey especially, but that crowd has now got what it wanted and they can at least start again without continuous hijacking of shows in protest.

Cesaro is the other big winner, definitely think he could be the one getting the focus and support tonight. And that Bray Wyatt adulation is quite, quite weird....

Good show in the main though.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 08:47 - Apr 9 with 3028 viewsSandyman

The Ultimate Warrior has left the ring...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/26951039
who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:11 - Apr 9 with 3018 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 08:47 - Apr 9 by Sandyman

“How should I prepare? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lie on the lawn and let them run over me with lawnmowers? Or, should I go to Africa and let them trample me with raging elephants?”

Only one Warrior.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:24 - Apr 9 with 2969 viewsChaffRAFC

Wrestlemania was very good on the whole. Can only add that Bray Wyatt and Cena were excellent as well but Bray Wyatt is arguably the most enthralling character in the business at the moment.

Raw too was quite superb. The crowd were amazing. The reaction was phenominal for Wade Barrett and the very magnificently stunning Paige because of the English element. Loved how Cesaro became a Paul Heyman guy as well. The Shield were also superb at the end.

Very sad news about The Ultimate Warrior. One of my childhood heroes in WWF.

RIP WARRIOR

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:20 - Apr 9 with 2936 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

My favourite wrestler of all. RIP
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:49 - Apr 9 with 2887 viewsPRINCE2356

What money well spent that was!! Imagine Blackpool on acid and you have New Orleans. Smells a bit, quite a few tramps but the nightlife on Mania and Hall of Fame night couldn't be topped, constant chanting of Cesaro's theme was a highlight.

The atmosphere in the stadium when Taker lost was just utter shock like people were waiting for the inevitable result and when that 3 count happened it was a collective "holy S**t" moment.

The Hall of Fame had speeches that went from the sublime (Jake Roberts) to the utter ridiculous (Mr T talking about his mother).

Shocking stepping off the plane this morning and finding out about the Ultimate Warrior, thinking how strange it was seeing him live for the last time on RAW.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:14 - Apr 10 with 2817 viewsTomRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 08:47 - Apr 9 by Sandyman

A sad day in "parts unknown".

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:03 - Jun 1 with 2189 viewscwm02

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jeff Hardy and Chris Hero
who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:07 - Jul 28 with 1959 views442Dale

World of Sport Wrestling returns on ITV at 5pm today. If you’re a fan, watch. If you’re not a fan, give it a go. If you’re going to Tranmere, skyplus it.

British wrestling is at an all-time high right now. If this ten week run is successful, it could return and be a regular on Saturday evenings again.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:34 - Jul 28 with 1941 viewsrochdale_ranger

Wrestling was something I enjoyed as a kid when it was the attitude era when they made it all family friendly and political correct I just sort of stopped bothering with it. There was nothing more warped and twisted and amusing then watching mae young giving birth to a hand or val Venus getting his manhood hacked off with a samurai sword by an angry Japanese bloke after shagging his mrs. You couldn’t make that shit up. I liked the drama of it all. I loved being a 90’s kid.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:10 - Jul 28 with 1807 viewsMoonyDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 09:07 - Jul 28 by 442Dale

World of Sport Wrestling returns on ITV at 5pm today. If you’re a fan, watch. If you’re not a fan, give it a go. If you’re going to Tranmere, skyplus it.

British wrestling is at an all-time high right now. If this ten week run is successful, it could return and be a regular on Saturday evenings again.

I tuned in just for old times sake and lasted all of five minutes, it was embarrassing to behold....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:51 - Jul 28 with 1779 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:10 - Jul 28 by MoonyDale

I tuned in just for old times sake and lasted all of five minutes, it was embarrassing to behold....

Which 5 minutes? The bit with Grado? If so, it was booked as such and they rightly moved the title off him at the end of the show. It wasn’t perfect, the camera cuts were far too OTT, but I thought it was a really good start. The Smith Jnr-Ospreay match was excellent and a million miles away from the utter garbage that was often served up in the old days.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:31 - Jul 30 with 1681 viewsSandyman

3 more gone
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45004567
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 1611 viewsNinco

I got to meet quite a few of them personally as Bulldog Colin Joynson was a distant relative of mine and he took me behind the scenes a few times. Big Daddy was exactly like you see him on TV. Really pally with everyone. Les Kellett really was a nasty piece of work, and surprisingly, Marty Jones did sometimes have a temper on him. I remember when some bloke turned up claiming to be his father and asking to see him and he attacked the bloke. A lot of them were actually very shy. I always found Ray Steele, Danny Collins, Ian McGregor to be very quiet. For me, I think Johnny Saint was the perfect wrestler. He really could get the moves on. I think it spoilt it when they brought in Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks as jumping on people isn't wrestling and sometimes they didn't even bother to hold them down. Sadly, most of the ones from the Eighties that were on World Of Sport are dead now. There is a web site somewhere called the Wrestling Ring In The Sky and it lists all the dead ones.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 07:43 - Jul 31 with 1574 viewsrkershaw

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:37 - Jul 30 by Ninco

I got to meet quite a few of them personally as Bulldog Colin Joynson was a distant relative of mine and he took me behind the scenes a few times. Big Daddy was exactly like you see him on TV. Really pally with everyone. Les Kellett really was a nasty piece of work, and surprisingly, Marty Jones did sometimes have a temper on him. I remember when some bloke turned up claiming to be his father and asking to see him and he attacked the bloke. A lot of them were actually very shy. I always found Ray Steele, Danny Collins, Ian McGregor to be very quiet. For me, I think Johnny Saint was the perfect wrestler. He really could get the moves on. I think it spoilt it when they brought in Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks as jumping on people isn't wrestling and sometimes they didn't even bother to hold them down. Sadly, most of the ones from the Eighties that were on World Of Sport are dead now. There is a web site somewhere called the Wrestling Ring In The Sky and it lists all the dead ones.

My current favourite wrestler / cage fighter is a certain Conrad ' The Lump Hammer' Logan......... never seen his hands move so quickly as of the "friendly" fracas v Sheff Weds the other day!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024