Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 40288 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:47 - May 25 with 2380 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:10 - May 25 by ChaffRAFC

WWE dropped the ball in monumental fashion with Jericho this time. I'm a huge Jericho fan, I watch his DVD over and over, his debut in WWE is my favourite moment in WWE history. Loved his WCW work as well. To see him completely and utterly wasted this time round is painful to watch.

Yes, it was only going to be temporary but to have him do nothing but put people over is highly annoying. Yes, the crowd silence thing at the beginning was very clever, but they did NOTHING with him after that! The whole promo thing had people gripped but the outcome of this whole return has been absolute dog shit.

What doesn't make sense is why Jericho agreed to come back only to be used as he has. Didn't he come up with his own plan of where his return was heading? If not, that's so lazy. If he did and WWE took it somewhere completely different it's mystifying why they wanted him back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:26 - May 31 with 2346 viewsChaffRAFC

Raw was slightly better this week. Don't really give a toss about the Cena/Show thing. I would however, like a stable to be created by John Laurinitus and then one to oppose it but I don't see it happening.

The most obvious swerve in WWE history should see AJ cost Punk the title at No Way Out. Hope that's not the case but can't see past it and she'll go running back to Daniel Bryan. Btw, on the subject of AJ, am I the only one who thinks she pretty much the sexiest diva (up there with Kelly Kelly) on the roster? She looked phenominal in that CM Punk T-shirt this week!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:41 - May 31 with 2336 views442Dale

It's impossible to ignore the logic holes in Show's turn to take it seriously.

I know Lesnar has limited dates but he should have remained Cena's main antagonist for it all to make sense. Even if it had been Heyman sending Big Show after Cena.

Can see Punk-Bryan becoming a triple threat with Kane. (edit. Now read SD spoilers!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:22 - May 31 with 2329 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:41 - May 31 by 442Dale

It's impossible to ignore the logic holes in Show's turn to take it seriously.

I know Lesnar has limited dates but he should have remained Cena's main antagonist for it all to make sense. Even if it had been Heyman sending Big Show after Cena.

Can see Punk-Bryan becoming a triple threat with Kane. (edit. Now read SD spoilers!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Another blow today for WWE, Randy Orton being suspended for Wellness Policy violation, so that's Sheamus vs Del Rio for another few months on Smackdown.

The bad thing is with the Big Show turn, no one cares!! he's had more face turns than soft mick. Hopefully Ziggler's turning face now that should hopefully make a refreshing change from the heel bump machine he currently is.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:31 - May 31 with 2323 views442Dale

So one more strike and he's out? Believe that when we see it.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:40 - May 31 with 2317 viewsPRINCE2356

Yeah no chance of sacking Orton - Triple H's mate. I'm sure the likes of Evan Bourne will be getting the boot well before Mr Orton.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:49 - May 31 with 2298 viewsSalwaDale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:40 - May 31 by PRINCE2356

Yeah no chance of sacking Orton - Triple H's mate. I'm sure the likes of Evan Bourne will be getting the boot well before Mr Orton.

Orton was a beast earlier in his career. He then went skinny but has beefed up again. No need for drug tests with that fella.

TBBT

who was your fav wrestler?? on 16:57 - Jun 12 with 2247 views442Dale

Decent Raw last night.

Amazing how a throwaway feud with Bryan and Punk has got the 'new' Kane over where Cena and Orton couldn't. All of it held together by the star of the show, AJ.

Cena's pathetic acting at the end shows how they can all learn from her.

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:44 - Jun 12 with 2239 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought Raw was excellent this week on the whole. Best one for quite a while really. The ending was rather predictable though and John Cena is still extremely annoying because he's trying too hard to be a comedy figure. When he's being serious in his promos, like he was with the Rock, he was brilliant. Now though it's the same old crap we've got used to again.

Also, can someone tell me, what's the fascination with having Cena main event every PPV despite not being a title match. I get the Wrestlemania one as it was the Rock, but he main evented against Johnny Ace and now he's main eventing against Big Show. Am I being old fashioned in wanting and expecting the WWE title match to be the main event?

And while I mention the WWE title match. The whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing is absolutely fantastic viewing. I'm loving every bit of it. I did question the Kane inclusion but it's working brilliantly. AJ is well and truly the star of it, she's brilliant. I'm fairly sure I'm in love with her. The promos are brilliant, which is the standard we've come to expect from DB and Punk. Kane has always been decent enough on the mic and AJ has come into her own!

Also, it's nice to see Dolph Ziggler being given a push. Would be nice to see him nick the title from Sheamus but Sheamus is well over and I predict AJ will assist Bryan in the WWE title so they'll stick with one face champ, one heel champ.

Btw, how ace is VKM? He added so much more to the show last night. I nearly choked on my can of Relentless when he starting riding up the ramp on JL's scooter!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:15 - Jun 12 with 2231 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:44 - Jun 12 by ChaffRAFC

Thought Raw was excellent this week on the whole. Best one for quite a while really. The ending was rather predictable though and John Cena is still extremely annoying because he's trying too hard to be a comedy figure. When he's being serious in his promos, like he was with the Rock, he was brilliant. Now though it's the same old crap we've got used to again.

Also, can someone tell me, what's the fascination with having Cena main event every PPV despite not being a title match. I get the Wrestlemania one as it was the Rock, but he main evented against Johnny Ace and now he's main eventing against Big Show. Am I being old fashioned in wanting and expecting the WWE title match to be the main event?

And while I mention the WWE title match. The whole Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing is absolutely fantastic viewing. I'm loving every bit of it. I did question the Kane inclusion but it's working brilliantly. AJ is well and truly the star of it, she's brilliant. I'm fairly sure I'm in love with her. The promos are brilliant, which is the standard we've come to expect from DB and Punk. Kane has always been decent enough on the mic and AJ has come into her own!

Also, it's nice to see Dolph Ziggler being given a push. Would be nice to see him nick the title from Sheamus but Sheamus is well over and I predict AJ will assist Bryan in the WWE title so they'll stick with one face champ, one heel champ.

Btw, how ace is VKM? He added so much more to the show last night. I nearly choked on my can of Relentless when he starting riding up the ramp on JL's scooter!

Hoping that Ziggler beats that dullard Sheamus this weekend, bit of a blessing in disguise now ADR is out of the world title match, how many failed pushes has del rio had?

Also on the scale of greatness this week the return of old faces from Raw past - this week Big Van Vader, he didn't half look well for 57 and put some of the roster to shame with the way he moves. The big rumour is the one of the other old faces to return in a couple of weeks is Psycho Sid!
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:32 - Jun 12 with 2221 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:15 - Jun 12 by PRINCE2356

Hoping that Ziggler beats that dullard Sheamus this weekend, bit of a blessing in disguise now ADR is out of the world title match, how many failed pushes has del rio had?

Also on the scale of greatness this week the return of old faces from Raw past - this week Big Van Vader, he didn't half look well for 57 and put some of the roster to shame with the way he moves. The big rumour is the one of the other old faces to return in a couple of weeks is Psycho Sid!

You could tell the reception he got really touched Vader. It was fantastic he got that chance to shine after mishaps when previously used.

Despite struggling with getting to a vertical base, his power moves were as crisp as ever. With a few months proper training he could definitely contribute for one final run - his offence is far more convincing than Khali's who has suddenly got the 'put the no.1 contender on the shelf' angle.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:18 - Jun 19 with 2189 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:32 - Jun 12 by 442Dale

You could tell the reception he got really touched Vader. It was fantastic he got that chance to shine after mishaps when previously used.

Despite struggling with getting to a vertical base, his power moves were as crisp as ever. With a few months proper training he could definitely contribute for one final run - his offence is far more convincing than Khali's who has suddenly got the 'put the no.1 contender on the shelf' angle.

I've not seen as many people today on wrestling forums threatening to not watch WWE again. I don't blame them after that PPV card they served up this weekend. That 4 way tag match where to be truthful no 1 gave a toss about the competitors. Ryback Squashes, Cena's wins, Sheamus wins! Major head shaking from me. As sad as it is i enjoyed TNA for the 1st time in a long while this week.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:46 - Jun 19 with 2182 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:18 - Jun 19 by PRINCE2356

I've not seen as many people today on wrestling forums threatening to not watch WWE again. I don't blame them after that PPV card they served up this weekend. That 4 way tag match where to be truthful no 1 gave a toss about the competitors. Ryback Squashes, Cena's wins, Sheamus wins! Major head shaking from me. As sad as it is i enjoyed TNA for the 1st time in a long while this week.

TNA are fine in the ring but their storylines are even worse. That and the fact the Impact Zone is full of idiots.

Honestly believe Vince is making it up as he goes along at the moment. The GM story reset is an indication as is Lesnar-HHH as they could have just extended it with Cena given a little thought. Could go on and on.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:03 - Jun 19 with 2174 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:46 - Jun 19 by 442Dale

TNA are fine in the ring but their storylines are even worse. That and the fact the Impact Zone is full of idiots.

Honestly believe Vince is making it up as he goes along at the moment. The GM story reset is an indication as is Lesnar-HHH as they could have just extended it with Cena given a little thought. Could go on and on.

TNA's only problem is it's main event scene is stale i.e arrange Hardy/Anderson/RVD/Storm/Sting and that's your permanent 5 faces facing Roode. Good to see that there giving Aries a run possibly at the top because he has been brill the past few months ring wise and on the mic. I will give TNA credit they have made Bubba Ray Dudley into a star and believable in his role. But as you say for everything 1/2 things TNA does right, they make some almighty blunders.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:45 - Jun 25 with 2138 views442Dale

Have thankfully only read the report on the Styles/Carter angle payoff. They must have been reading this thread and determined to prove us right!

Cena promising something historic on Raw tonight....

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:24 - Jul 10 with 2075 views442Dale

Rock returning at Raw 1000 and still talking about winning the title on twitter?

That MitB ex champions only match could be interesting. But probably won't be.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:46 - Jul 16 with 2031 viewsPRINCE2356

Money in the Bank PPV was a pretty good effort last night, Ziggler nearly didn't make it to getting the briefcase, Sin Cara nearly killed him by botching again he seriously needs firing, and that bump when Tensai tossed him right on the announcers swivel chair must have hurt.

I don't know if it's me but AJ detracted from the Punk/Bryan match last night, she would have been so much better as a run in type deal not as the referee, because it was a very good match but too much attention was on what she was doing not the wrestlers.

Cena was always going to win the Raw MITB, but for a change he was in a quite enjoyable match.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:57 - Jul 16 with 2025 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:46 - Jul 16 by PRINCE2356

Money in the Bank PPV was a pretty good effort last night, Ziggler nearly didn't make it to getting the briefcase, Sin Cara nearly killed him by botching again he seriously needs firing, and that bump when Tensai tossed him right on the announcers swivel chair must have hurt.

I don't know if it's me but AJ detracted from the Punk/Bryan match last night, she would have been so much better as a run in type deal not as the referee, because it was a very good match but too much attention was on what she was doing not the wrestlers.

Cena was always going to win the Raw MITB, but for a change he was in a quite enjoyable match.

It was, but watching Cena's superhero act grates when there are other more interesting options. Turn Punk quickly if they're going to Summerslam with Cena cashing in (but then why does he need MitB to do that? Could justify that he's no.1 contender anyway)

Agree on the AJ story, it's been brilliant but they are delaying the payoff to the point that you doubt they even know where it's going.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:30 - Oct 29 with 1883 viewsPRINCE2356

Hell in a Cell last night and that was probably 1 finish i never saw coming in the main event, but even though Ryback battered everyone at the end, they are now stuck in a hole now with how he recovers from the loss. A better thing would have been for Lesnar to come down and cost him the match so he would have a perfect match to have, not some 3 week storyline over a ref.

Big Show vs Sheamus was a surprise in my book, best i have seen Big Slow in ages.

But in the 3 months this thread has been buried amongst the negativity, Cena and Punk are still the top 2 dogs.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:48 - Oct 29 with 1863 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:30 - Oct 29 by PRINCE2356

Hell in a Cell last night and that was probably 1 finish i never saw coming in the main event, but even though Ryback battered everyone at the end, they are now stuck in a hole now with how he recovers from the loss. A better thing would have been for Lesnar to come down and cost him the match so he would have a perfect match to have, not some 3 week storyline over a ref.

Big Show vs Sheamus was a surprise in my book, best i have seen Big Slow in ages.

But in the 3 months this thread has been buried amongst the negativity, Cena and Punk are still the top 2 dogs.

Really, you never saw it coming? As soon as the ref was revealed when Punk made his entrance, it was obvious he would be involved in the finish. They'd built him up initially as someone who had cost Punk last month, but he'd never been a ref before and had been set up as someone who would end up costing Cena at the ppv.... Only for Cena to get injured and the ref to be almost forgotten. Until he reappeared last night.

I actually think Ryback is in a stronger position than he was a month or so back when he'd destroyed Miz for no reason and was without a real direction. He doesn't have the winning streak to obsess ov, thus loses the Goldberg comparison, yet still looks strong for any possible storyline to follow.

Would try and go back to a traditional Survivor Series scenario with Cena, Ryback, Bryan and Kane v Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes and Sandow. Easily done too - and they could swap Lesnar in if he's due another appearance by having him appear on Punk's team as a temporary opponent for Ryback within a tag setting.

They've got to keep Punk on top for the Rock match and Lesnar can't be losing before HHH returns to meet him again, probably at WM. Ryback meanwhile can continue in the same vein (so no one on one matches with Punk or Lesnar) before going after Show/heel Sheamus for the World title by winning the Rumble.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:24 - Oct 29 with 1846 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

For an non-wrestling fan i though Hell In A Cell were quiet boring and CM Punk retaining the title the way he did were like two fingers to everyone who watches WWE Ryback were well the winner i know its not real like Olympic Wrestling or College American Wrestling but i got very bored watching it as my Revenge Episode of season 2 never came on it were the only option as FX were repeating same stuff

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:26 - Oct 29 with 1841 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:24 - Oct 29 by DaleAwaydayBot

For an non-wrestling fan i though Hell In A Cell were quiet boring and CM Punk retaining the title the way he did were like two fingers to everyone who watches WWE Ryback were well the winner i know its not real like Olympic Wrestling or College American Wrestling but i got very bored watching it as my Revenge Episode of season 2 never came on it were the only option as FX were repeating same stuff

All about the story lines, Tazz. You don't have the good guys always win on Hollyoaks or Coronation St either.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:35 - Oct 29 with 1834 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:26 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

All about the story lines, Tazz. You don't have the good guys always win on Hollyoaks or Coronation St either.

I gotta agree there but if Hollyoak's were real life it would be a rougher village than Moss Side and East Ham combined

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:39 - Oct 29 with 1829 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:35 - Oct 29 by DaleAwaydayBot

I gotta agree there but if Hollyoak's were real life it would be a rougher village than Moss Side and East Ham combined

Not if John Cena lived there.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:46 - Oct 29 with 1823 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:39 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Not if John Cena lived there.

John Cena is a great actor in the ring like in his movies like other people who are entertaining the target audience even though the ppv's are going down hill

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024