Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was your fav wrestler?? 15:16 - Mar 9 with 40284 viewsDale_316

back when you were a kid, who was your fav wrestler off the tele?

stone cold, or hulk hogan for me!!

what about you???

Oh when the dale go marching in

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:35 - Apr 4 with 2029 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:11 - Apr 4 by SalwaDale

He didn't really seem to do the arrogance so well.

Must admit I do think Wade Barrett could go on to be an absolutely superb heel for a long time to come, he can sneer with the best of them.

Fair point about the Nexus attack from 442Dale, he was suspended for that attack and the aggression he showed I seem to remember. His current role however, as a coward, is garbage. He could be a very good heel if serious and majorly competitive, he'll be a heel that the IWC will chant for at PPV's.

As for Wade Barrett, he's a full on dude. He's superb in the ring, he's superb on the mic and he's a top heel. Oh and his music taste is also ace going off his tweets about the Smiths, Stone Roses and Courteeners to name a few. Massive shame when he suffered that injury a few weeks ago courtesy of the Big Show.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:36 - Apr 4 with 2028 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:40 - Apr 4 by ChaffRAFC

I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan but his character at the moment isn't good. He's a poor heel. The YES! chant is cool though.

To say he is poor heel, well i think he has been class in this role at the moment, in just the way he has been a total arse with AJ. You only have to look at when he was in Ring of Honor to see he worked well as a Heel there. When the WWE crowd can get as loud as what they did at mania and on Raw, you know you are Over and have connected with the audience.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:40 - Apr 4 with 2026 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:36 - Apr 4 by PRINCE2356

To say he is poor heel, well i think he has been class in this role at the moment, in just the way he has been a total arse with AJ. You only have to look at when he was in Ring of Honor to see he worked well as a Heel there. When the WWE crowd can get as loud as what they did at mania and on Raw, you know you are Over and have connected with the audience.

As I've said above, I didn't really mean he's a poor heel in general, just that his current role has got very stale very quickly. He doesn't get those sort of reactions he's had this week on a regular basis but as a serious heel, he probably would. As 442Dale said, ditch this coward role and give him a full on serious heel role, not unlike The Miz, and he'd be a lot better.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 23:46 - Apr 4 with 2003 viewsstuartcryer

who was your fav wrestler?? on 15:25 - Mar 9 by Syke_Dale

Mick McManus...

mick macmanus i agree

wardle blue

who was your fav wrestler?? on 01:10 - Apr 5 with 1993 viewsdownunder

Next thread to start... Best actor in swimming trunks.
Apologies, already being done.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:18 - Apr 10 with 1961 views442Dale

That first punch Lesnar threw last night was a supreme piece of acting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:05 - Apr 19 with 1938 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:18 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

That first punch Lesnar threw last night was a supreme piece of acting.

Let's get back to normality on this board and bring this thread back up:

Did any 1 see the Brock Lesnar segment on RAW this week? It had to be the funniest thing ive heard in ages. I quote:

"The only thing running down Cena's leg is PISSSS!!!!
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 1934 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:05 - Apr 19 by PRINCE2356

Let's get back to normality on this board and bring this thread back up:

Did any 1 see the Brock Lesnar segment on RAW this week? It had to be the funniest thing ive heard in ages. I quote:

"The only thing running down Cena's leg is PISSSS!!!!

Agreed, thought that promo was ace. I have a massive disliking for Cena when he plays that guy that smiles and tries being nice, like he was when Brock returned. It's boring and tedius. He's suddenly becomes very watchable when he's serious like the end of his promo prior to his match (jobbing for Albert?!)

Hope that his no holds barred match with Brock is a brutal affair and that we see some blood. Doubt it though. The return of Brock could well be the biggest signal yet that the PG era may be on its way out. Since the Rock came back last year, we've seen a big increase in swearing and now you bring back a wrecking machine who, in his first three weeks, has busted Cena's mouth open, and had to be bleeped out numerous times.

Login to get fewer ads

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:22 - Apr 19 with 1930 viewsmightydale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:19 - Apr 19 by ChaffRAFC

Agreed, thought that promo was ace. I have a massive disliking for Cena when he plays that guy that smiles and tries being nice, like he was when Brock returned. It's boring and tedius. He's suddenly becomes very watchable when he's serious like the end of his promo prior to his match (jobbing for Albert?!)

Hope that his no holds barred match with Brock is a brutal affair and that we see some blood. Doubt it though. The return of Brock could well be the biggest signal yet that the PG era may be on its way out. Since the Rock came back last year, we've seen a big increase in swearing and now you bring back a wrecking machine who, in his first three weeks, has busted Cena's mouth open, and had to be bleeped out numerous times.

Rock v Brock at wastlemania

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:23 - Apr 19 with 1929 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:19 - Apr 19 by ChaffRAFC

i watched some old brock lesnar matches last night, just watch the zack gowen match for utter brutality, kick ten bells out of him while his mother is there just sick and twisted.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:55 - Apr 19 with 1874 views442Dale

Didn't he f5 him into the ringpost in that match?

Did the same to that annoying sh/t Rey-Rey too.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:22 - Apr 19 with 1865 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 20:55 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

Didn't he f5 him into the ringpost in that match?

Did the same to that annoying sh/t Rey-Rey too.

yep twice, before that he walloped him full on with a chair
who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:51 - Apr 19 with 1857 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:22 - Apr 19 by PRINCE2356

yep twice, before that he walloped him full on with a chair

I remember that Zack Gowan match, remember thinking I'd never seen anyone that busted open before that! Brutal. Same with Kendrick if I remember rightly.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 22:17 - Apr 19 with 1850 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 21:51 - Apr 19 by ChaffRAFC

I remember that Zack Gowan match, remember thinking I'd never seen anyone that busted open before that! Brutal. Same with Kendrick if I remember rightly.

Michaels cut v Taker, HITC, is still one of the worst. Pools of blood on the mat.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 1834 viewsChaffRAFC

Still my favourite HITC match that, along with Foley/Taker.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:00 - Apr 20 with 1824 views442Dale

Thing about those two matches was that nobody could tell what would happen when they went on top of the cell (it buckled in the first match), now you are waiting for them to go up there again. Expectations were raised from the start.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:20 - Apr 20 with 1821 viewsChaffRAFC

who was your fav wrestler?? on 14:00 - Apr 20 by 442Dale

Thing about those two matches was that nobody could tell what would happen when they went on top of the cell (it buckled in the first match), now you are waiting for them to go up there again. Expectations were raised from the start.

Agreed, those two cell matches will never be topped I don't think for that reason. Not while we're in a PG era anyway. Both matches mentioned were in the attitude era so expectations of seeing similar scenes in the current climate are always going to be let down.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 11:51 - Apr 21 with 1801 views442Dale

Saw the Lesnar promo on Smackdown this morning, surprised they aired it (albeit bleeped) on the morning edition. Didn't hold back the footage of Cena's face either.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:23 - Apr 30 with 1774 views442Dale

Cena-Lesnar last night = mental.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:30 - Apr 30 with 1767 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 17:23 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Cena-Lesnar last night = mental.

Just seen highlights of it on youtube, blimey Cena took a beating didn't he!. But im just not a fan of the old "Super Cena" routine. I admit after seeing the results this morning i was nodding my head in disapproval of it, but i think it's a case of seeing how Brock recovers from it, he needs something big to build him back up again. Same thing happened in Brock's 1st UFC match vs Frank Mir looked like he was going to win then got caught with a heel hook and he lost so thats maybe WWE's logic.

Happy Punk won, hate jericho, but disappointed Sheamus won again.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:47 - Apr 30 with 1761 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:30 - Apr 30 by PRINCE2356

Just seen highlights of it on youtube, blimey Cena took a beating didn't he!. But im just not a fan of the old "Super Cena" routine. I admit after seeing the results this morning i was nodding my head in disapproval of it, but i think it's a case of seeing how Brock recovers from it, he needs something big to build him back up again. Same thing happened in Brock's 1st UFC match vs Frank Mir looked like he was going to win then got caught with a heel hook and he lost so thats maybe WWE's logic.

Happy Punk won, hate jericho, but disappointed Sheamus won again.

No slight on Lesnar at all, he got over huge as a maniac. Amazed Cena agreed to take those elbows, by doing so and then getting continually hammered he gradually won over the crowd.

There was no superman comeback as normal, more a desperation shot and a quick AA in the hope it sneaked a win to end the punishment. His injury may turn out to be a work so he can take time off, but when Cena comes back they'll do huge numbers for a rematch.

Sheamus-Bryan was a great match too. In fact, can't remember a PPV as good from top to bottom in a long time.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:49 - Apr 30 with 1757 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:47 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

No slight on Lesnar at all, he got over huge as a maniac. Amazed Cena agreed to take those elbows, by doing so and then getting continually hammered he gradually won over the crowd.

There was no superman comeback as normal, more a desperation shot and a quick AA in the hope it sneaked a win to end the punishment. His injury may turn out to be a work so he can take time off, but when Cena comes back they'll do huge numbers for a rematch.

Sheamus-Bryan was a great match too. In fact, can't remember a PPV as good from top to bottom in a long time.

last good top to bottom ppv was probably Money in the Bank from last year also in Chicago, a hot crowd always makes a difference to an event.
who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:59 - Apr 30 with 1749 views442Dale

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:49 - Apr 30 by PRINCE2356

last good top to bottom ppv was probably Money in the Bank from last year also in Chicago, a hot crowd always makes a difference to an event.

It does. They should hold every one in Chicago! However MitB, despite the drama of Punk-Lesnar, was miles behind last night.

Even Kane-Orton was compelling.

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:16 - Apr 30 with 1743 viewsChaffRAFC

The Chicago crowd are awesome, really awesome. I've still got last years MITB on my Sky box and watch it quite regularly. That was the best PPV I'd seen for years by a million miles, this was was the best since then no question and may even be better from a wrestling standpoint rather than entertainment and drama.

Almost every match was excellent with the two obvious exceptions in the Divas match and Brodus Clay v Dolph Ziggler. No fault of Ziggler's, he's fantastic at selling bumps so having him job to Brodus Clay may make the oaf look better but it's still not good viewing and it's a waste of Ziggler's talent.

All the other matches were ace, good solid start by Kane and Orton, a superb all over the arena match. Big Show v Cody Rhodes was excellent as well with an ending like we've never seen before with Show stepping through the table. Cody is a future superstar, he has everything that kid. Sheamus/Bryan was a great match that had me not wanting to turn away and the same can be said for Punk/Jericho. They are two of my favourite ever wrestlers, Punk from his ROH days and Jericho from his WCW days, in fact, when Jericho showed up on Raw at the end of the millenium countdown, I classed that as the best thing I'd ever seen. I just can't help but feel like the WWE has completely ballsed up Jericho's return. The huge promo's for weeks that had everyone on the edge of our seats, the flashy brilliant return, only to have him knocked out of the Rumble, lose the Chamber and lose at Mania. Makes his comeback a bit underwhelming to say the least. A wrestler of his ability (genuinely one of the best in the world) deserves more than that. The writers could have done so much more while keeping Punk at the top of the tree.

As for the Cena/Lesnar fight, well I don't think I was expecting such a brutal start. Like 442Dale says, I can't believe he agreed to take those elbows to the face. What a start to the fight seeing the blood drip from Cena. I said a couple of weeks ago that Brock Lesnar wasn't suitable for a PG era, well that was as far from PG as we've seen since the attitude era. Brock was an absolute animal and I was gripped. With regards Cena, it reminded me of the way that Stone Cold was well over with the fans after passing out in Bret Hart's sharpshooter. The crowd were over with Cena by the end while Brock's maniac persona kept in check. The Cena promo sort of spoiled it though at the end.

Superb PPV, more of the same please.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

who was your fav wrestler?? on 19:22 - Apr 30 with 1739 viewsPRINCE2356

who was your fav wrestler?? on 18:59 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

It does. They should hold every one in Chicago! However MitB, despite the drama of Punk-Lesnar, was miles behind last night.

Even Kane-Orton was compelling.

Well on the subject what was the greatest show that you have seen?

Mine would be Wrestlemania 17, just perfection really hot crowd Rock/Austin, Mcmahon/Mcmahon, Taker/Triple H, Comedy Battle Royale, TLC, The use of a golf buggy in a hardcore match. But In front of my eyes Dragon Gate UK in Nottingham last year, just a weekend of top wrestling and Hooters :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024