Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... 23:41 - Apr 5 with 20330 viewsGowerjack

I beleive we will be relegated next season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:30 - Apr 7 with 1148 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:25 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

I still fully expect Monk to get it. The club are desperate for him to be a success, and by extension, justify their own decisions.

The "Swansea Way" is in danger of lapsing into self-parody. Some would say it already has...
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:31 - Apr 7 with 1148 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:25 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

I still fully expect Monk to get it. The club are desperate for him to be a success, and by extension, justify their own decisions.

I'm 90% certain it's a done deal. Might be reading too much between the lines.

In fairness, the club have got an excellent track record in appointing managers. A substantial amount of grace should be given for that reason alone, and it gives me a fair bit of hope. However it's an amazing amount of faith to put in to someone with zero managerial or even coaching experience and, to be frank, hasn't exactly turned up trees during his caretaker stint.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:39 - Apr 7 with 1125 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:31 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

I'm 90% certain it's a done deal. Might be reading too much between the lines.

In fairness, the club have got an excellent track record in appointing managers. A substantial amount of grace should be given for that reason alone, and it gives me a fair bit of hope. However it's an amazing amount of faith to put in to someone with zero managerial or even coaching experience and, to be frank, hasn't exactly turned up trees during his caretaker stint.

Some good performances in defeat, some f*cking woeful ones in defeat and two comfortable wins against possibly the worst two teams to come here all season. No, it's not been stellar.

It just seems like it would be a completely unnecessary gamble that wouldn't do anyone any favours, ourselves or Monk. It might pay off, but do we need to take the risk just for the chance to be proven right?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:45 - Apr 7 with 1109 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:39 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Some good performances in defeat, some f*cking woeful ones in defeat and two comfortable wins against possibly the worst two teams to come here all season. No, it's not been stellar.

It just seems like it would be a completely unnecessary gamble that wouldn't do anyone any favours, ourselves or Monk. It might pay off, but do we need to take the risk just for the chance to be proven right?

Could there *gasp* be a massive ego somewhere in the mix?
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:46 - Apr 7 with 1105 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:55 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

But it probably will be.

Big summer for us. Need to decide if we want to keep acting like a small club that got lucky or the established Premier League side that we want to become. Managers are something we probably shouldn't scrimp on.

Jenkins' biggest call since he sacked Flynn.

Hard to argue with Jobbie here.
Monk is dealing with players he s been left with.
I can t believe that he coaches players to concede the type of goal we saw Boyd score.
A full back missing the ball completely and a goalkeeper actually not moving at all.

He somehow has to get inside their heads and after

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:47 - Apr 7 with 1105 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:39 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

It seemed completely unnecessary to make the change in February to me but there we go. Things must have been bad behind the scenes.

I get the logic of what they're doing, and it makes sense. They've appointed in house before and it's worked spectacularly well, and our rise has been based on bringing in both managers and players that nobody else would have touched. But these are different times IMO ... we're at a critical time where someone with a degree of experience is necessary. We're not in the 3rd division anymore where we could put all our chips on a recently retired player with no concerns about relegation as our budget and squad was simply far too big to be in such trouble. We're the small horse in this fight, and putting the stableboy on his back is a big ask. We can't afford to appoint someone who's going to make his learning mistakes with us IMO.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:47 - Apr 7 with 1102 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 08:55 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

But it probably will be.

Big summer for us. Need to decide if we want to keep acting like a small club that got lucky or the established Premier League side that we want to become. Managers are something we probably shouldn't scrimp on.

Jenkins' biggest call since he sacked Flynn.

Hard to argue with Jobbie here.
Monk is dealing with players he s been left with.
I can t believe that he coaches players to concede the type of goal we saw Boyd score.
A full back missing the ball completely and a goalkeeper actually not moving at all.

He somehow has to get inside their heads and after Norwich thought he had.

Long way to go yet

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:47 - Apr 7 with 1103 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:45 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Could be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:50 - Apr 7 with 1099 viewspaulv2k4

Ah yes get Lewis Hamilton to drive a ford fiesta lol that's your logic, there has to be a middle ground. Also by your logic Martinez and Rodgers were not suited to the job. You cant just throw money at things and expect it to work... Im sure there's a club near us that does that.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:51 - Apr 7 with 1097 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:47 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

It seemed completely unnecessary to make the change in February to me but there we go. Things must have been bad behind the scenes.

I get the logic of what they're doing, and it makes sense. They've appointed in house before and it's worked spectacularly well, and our rise has been based on bringing in both managers and players that nobody else would have touched. But these are different times IMO ... we're at a critical time where someone with a degree of experience is necessary. We're not in the 3rd division anymore where we could put all our chips on a recently retired player with no concerns about relegation as our budget and squad was simply far too big to be in such trouble. We're the small horse in this fight, and putting the stableboy on his back is a big ask. We can't afford to appoint someone who's going to make his learning mistakes with us IMO.

Martinez wasn't really "in house". He'd been here for a couple of years and left to go somewhere else before being called back. Closest equivalent to what we're doing now is when Cusack got it, and again for me that was a case of potentially the right guy, but completely the wrong time.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 1095 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:45 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

It's football. Ego's AOTS. Not quite buying the new party line that Jenkins is turning Football Manager to life.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:54 - Apr 7 with 1086 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:51 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Martinez wasn't really "in house". He'd been here for a couple of years and left to go somewhere else before being called back. Closest equivalent to what we're doing now is when Cusack got it, and again for me that was a case of potentially the right guy, but completely the wrong time.

Dunno about that. Martinez was always in the ear of the board. I know he left the season before but he was still close enough. Think he shaped the minds of the board more than anyone has before or since. Actually, the closest we've come to a player having the same relationship is probably Monk ... and he's admitted himself he's spoken with the board a lot.

Agree, Cusack's the closest parallel. And aye.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:00 - Apr 7 with 1066 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:50 - Apr 7 by paulv2k4

Ah yes get Lewis Hamilton to drive a ford fiesta lol that's your logic, there has to be a middle ground. Also by your logic Martinez and Rodgers were not suited to the job. You cant just throw money at things and expect it to work... Im sure there's a club near us that does that.

Who's talking about throwing money at it? Not sure we can do that now anyway given we've likely spunked a few million getting rid of the previous chap.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:01 - Apr 7 with 1063 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:52 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

It's football. Ego's AOTS. Not quite buying the new party line that Jenkins is turning Football Manager to life.

As I've said, I don't think Jenkins wants a puppet, but I'm equally certain that he'd still dearly love to prove everyone who said sacking Laudrup was a mistake wrong.

For the record I agreed with the decision to remove ML at the time and still do. It's the choice of his replacement, short term or long term that is at question.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:02 - Apr 7 with 1061 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 09:52 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Emnes, N'Gog?

Either someone on the board thinks they're good enough for the PL or they were used as pawns against Laudrup.

Not sure which I find scarier.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:05 - Apr 7 with 1052 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:02 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Emnes, N'Gog?

Either someone on the board thinks they're good enough for the PL or they were used as pawns against Laudrup.

Morning Phil.
As you know I believe they were right to sack LAUDRUP but now it seems entirely plausible that the Board brought in Ngog and Emnes. It is worrying and frankly disgraceful -unforgivable. If the worst happens come MAY some serious questions need to be answered.

I suggest January was the time to save our season.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:06 - Apr 7 with 1054 viewsDr_Winston

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:02 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Emnes, N'Gog?

I'm not entirely sure that N'Gog was the clubs doing. At least Emnes has featured a little. DN has disappeared without trace, even behind Lita in the pecking order.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:11 - Apr 7 with 1040 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:06 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

I'm not entirely sure that N'Gog was the clubs doing. At least Emnes has featured a little. DN has disappeared without trace, even behind Lita in the pecking order.

It may well be the case that at training his ineffectiveness is all to apparent to Monk et al. He simply cannot be risked at this crucial time. What we needed was a real hard nosed pro and feckme Kevin Phillips would have been better. 20 mins from him might well have been an option

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:12 - Apr 7 with 1041 viewsUxbridge

Emnes, N'Gog?

I'd have thought it was our wonderful scouting system and Leadbetter that made that call.

The signings are weird though. Surely if Monk was that close to the seat then he'd at least have been consulted, and to be so far adrift that Leroy effin Lita now gets on the pitch beggars belief.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:15 - Apr 7 with 1021 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:12 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

I'd have thought it was our wonderful scouting system and Leadbetter that made that call.

The signings are weird though. Surely if Monk was that close to the seat then he'd at least have been consulted, and to be so far adrift that Leroy effin Lita now gets on the pitch beggars belief.

which makes the loan of Ngog startling as this role of back up striker was the vital element of this season and the right call in January would have obviated all this stress now.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:18 - Apr 7 with 1013 viewsUxbridge

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:15 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

which makes the loan of Ngog startling as this role of back up striker was the vital element of this season and the right call in January would have obviated all this stress now.

Laudrup didn't think we needed one and would have played Vazquez there. Seems pretty clear that Laudrup didn't ask for Ngog to be signed, so the question has to be asked about a) who did and b) who from the coaching side (past. present or future) sanctioned it.

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Apr 7 with 1009 viewsWarwickHunt

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:05 - Apr 7 by perchrockjack

Morning Phil.
As you know I believe they were right to sack LAUDRUP but now it seems entirely plausible that the Board brought in Ngog and Emnes. It is worrying and frankly disgraceful -unforgivable. If the worst happens come MAY some serious questions need to be answered.

I suggest January was the time to save our season.

Morning Richie.

Jenkins has inexplicably wanted Emnes back since he left - the fact that everyone thought it was just lazy journalism at every transfer window and couldn't possibly be true speaks volumes.

I was prepared to give N'Gog the benefit of the doubt (unfulfilled potential and all that) at the time but it seems equally, if not more, bizarre now.
I can't see that being a Laudrup signing in a million years.

I think Jenkins may have lost a very expensive poker game with Laudrup. Let's hope it's just compo and not our PL status.
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Apr 7 with 1006 viewsperchrockjack

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:18 - Apr 7 by Uxbridge

Laudrup didn't think we needed one and would have played Vazquez there. Seems pretty clear that Laudrup didn't ask for Ngog to be signed, so the question has to be asked about a) who did and b) who from the coaching side (past. present or future) sanctioned it.

Both of those scenarios say much.

Its prayer mat time

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:29 - Apr 7 with 976 viewsblaine_scfc

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Morning Richie.

Jenkins has inexplicably wanted Emnes back since he left - the fact that everyone thought it was just lazy journalism at every transfer window and couldn't possibly be true speaks volumes.

I was prepared to give N'Gog the benefit of the doubt (unfulfilled potential and all that) at the time but it seems equally, if not more, bizarre now.

I think Jenkins may have lost a very expensive poker game with Laudrup. Let's hope it's just compo and not our PL status.

Me and Leigh Dineen had a few words on twitter (very sad I know), but he was adamant they have no influence in the signings, Emnes was just a player he personally liked, when I asked him about his tweet after the Cardiff game where he said "We knew what he could do".....
If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:39 - Apr 7 with 948 viewstomdickharry

If we appoint Gary Monk as full time manager.... on 10:19 - Apr 7 by WarwickHunt

Morning Richie.

They were both Jenkins signings,it will be denied by all and sundry of the "inner circle".Would be great if the Trust could publish an estimate of the weekly cost to our club of Emnes and Ngog and throw in the useless Lita as a makeweight,could well be close to E£50K+ per week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024