Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? 18:37 - Jul 25 with 8832 viewsJackfath

Discuss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 03:21 - Jul 27 with 470 viewsSwansNZ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 02:22 - Jul 27 by Glyn1

You keep trying to say that Wales is shit at sport, and you keep ignoring the messages that prove that you are mistaken.

All over the country there are hard-working athletes who are grafting at running, cycling, gymnastics, and all of the other other sports that are only on the telly once every four years. Good luck to them, and I have an overwhelming respect for them.

Should we help them out? Yes, as long as you nominate what services you want to be cut instead, or say that you want to increase taxes.

I really don't see how you can compare Wales (3 million people) with India (300 million people).
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 2:24]

Selective responses eh.

India has approx 1.3 Billion people, so should be over 400 times more successful at sport, than Wales then.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 05:34 - Jul 27 with 451 viewsGriffting

We should really be qualifying for the next euros considering some of the talent we have in our squad... Not convinced Cookie is the man for the job, although he had a decent results against Belgium and Iceland so I'm hoping he proves me wrong.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:08 - Jul 27 with 407 viewsshingle

Wales played Australia in Rugby earlier today for a chance to win a medal, they were leading with seconds to go and guess what, they blew it again, as i say plenty of talent but against the top teams our rugby players are a bunch of weak minded chokers, and this is proved to be the case on a regular basis.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:11 - Jul 27 with 404 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:08 - Jul 27 by shingle

Wales played Australia in Rugby earlier today for a chance to win a medal, they were leading with seconds to go and guess what, they blew it again, as i say plenty of talent but against the top teams our rugby players are a bunch of weak minded chokers, and this is proved to be the case on a regular basis.

Interesting to note that Scotland had some of their top internationals playing in their team. Wales didn't bother - probably to much in fighting to get some top top players to represent their country.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 399 viewsC_jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:08 - Jul 27 by shingle

I was listening to the radio and as I got out of the car they were miles ahead, by the time I got inside they had lost. Madness.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:42 - Jul 27 with 392 viewstrampie

Wales has won the golf world cup on two occasions, Wales has had many great boxers from Jimmy Wilde possibly the greatest P4P boxer ever right through to Joe Calzaghe with many in between, Wales has had lots of gold medalists in the Olympics in high profile individual events including a long jump gold medal and a road race cycling gold medal, Wales have also held the marathon mens world record and the 110m hurdles world record for a decade, both in modern times, in the paralympics Wales has one male and one female both with 11 golds each.
In cricket Glamorgan have beaten every test nation and in football Cardiff and Swansea have won a cup each and are/have been in the top division, in rugby Wales have fairly recently won the 7's world cup which is about to be an Olympic sport and regularly been the best national team in Europe.
Wales also does well in showjumping, darts and snooker.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:22 - Jul 27 with 365 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:42 - Jul 27 by trampie

Wales has won the golf world cup on two occasions, Wales has had many great boxers from Jimmy Wilde possibly the greatest P4P boxer ever right through to Joe Calzaghe with many in between, Wales has had lots of gold medalists in the Olympics in high profile individual events including a long jump gold medal and a road race cycling gold medal, Wales have also held the marathon mens world record and the 110m hurdles world record for a decade, both in modern times, in the paralympics Wales has one male and one female both with 11 golds each.
In cricket Glamorgan have beaten every test nation and in football Cardiff and Swansea have won a cup each and are/have been in the top division, in rugby Wales have fairly recently won the 7's world cup which is about to be an Olympic sport and regularly been the best national team in Europe.
Wales also does well in showjumping, darts and snooker.

I expect many nations could pull names out of their history.

Talk about current times man.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:36 - Jul 27 with 354 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

For such a small country I think we do mighty fine .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:38 - Jul 27 with 347 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:22 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

I expect many nations could pull names out of their history.

Talk about current times man.

Glamorgan haven't beaten all the Test playing nations either. I don't think they've played at least three of them.

Poll: Tory leader

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:40 - Jul 27 with 341 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:38 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Glamorgan haven't beaten all the Test playing nations either. I don't think they've played at least three of them.

Don't spoil the exaggerated, everything in the garden's rosy viewpoint most Welshmen have of their nations sporting prowess.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:42 - Jul 27 with 340 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:40 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Don't spoil the exaggerated, everything in the garden's rosy viewpoint most Welshmen have of their nations sporting prowess.

What should we be winning more of then Fath?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:43 - Jul 27 with 334 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:42 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

What should we be winning more of then Fath?

Games where we are able to compete. Anything you care to mention.

My question is why we are not able to do so. Lack of funding has been cited and it's a very valid point.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:52 - Jul 27 with 324 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:43 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Games where we are able to compete. Anything you care to mention.

My question is why we are not able to do so. Lack of funding has been cited and it's a very valid point.

Funding yes That's a fair point but are we not (wales)one of the poor country's off Europe ?

My question to you is as above .

What should we be winning more of ?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:53 - Jul 27 with 321 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:52 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Funding yes That's a fair point but are we not (wales)one of the poor country's off Europe ?

My question to you is as above .

What should we be winning more of ?

I responded by saying any sport which you care to mention.

Football.
Netball.
Basketball.
Hockey.
The list is endless.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:01 - Jul 27 with 315 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:53 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Football.
Netball.
Basketball.
Hockey.
The list is endless.

Thanks

And why do you think we should be winning world titles in these sports .?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:02 - Jul 27 with 311 viewsperchrockjack

If squabbling was a recognised sport we d be world beaters

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:02 - Jul 27 with 310 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:01 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Thanks

Who said we should be winning world titles? I think we should be able to compete. We cant. The question is why?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 299 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:02 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Who said we should be winning world titles? I think we should be able to compete. We cant. The question is why?

You said we are shit in your OP.

Although Welsh sports people compete pretty well in world events .

There are & have been plenty of world champions .

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 299 viewsBanosswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:53 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Football.
Netball.
Basketball.
Hockey.
The list is endless.

Welsh people don't have the stature to compete in Netball/Basketball.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:06 - Jul 27 with 299 viewsperchrockjack

Mentality matt.i don't think we have it.we have massive inferior complex still,plus our facilities are awful.we are also split north south

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:12 - Jul 27 with 289 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:06 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

You said we are shit in your OP.

Although Welsh sports people compete pretty well in world events .

There are & have been plenty of world champions .

Which current welsh people compete well in world events?

In which sports do we currently have world champions?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:14 - Jul 27 with 282 viewsSwansNZ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:12 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

If you are not a world champion, it does not mean you are shit - does it?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:15 - Jul 27 with 278 viewsBanosswan

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:12 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Triathlon
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 20:17]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:16 - Jul 27 with 277 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:14 - Jul 27 by SwansNZ

If you are not a world champion, it does not mean you are shit - does it?

Of course not.

I concede perhaps my original title was a bit harsh on the sports people of wales who pluckily complete but don't win.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:18 - Jul 27 with 273 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:01 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Thanks

Surely the question is why aren't we?

Talk about a defeatist attitude. Beaten before we even take to the sport in question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024