Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2842 viewsDanielswan

Just asking!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 17:06]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:09 - Jul 29 with 1223 viewsCottsy

No.

None at all.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/117348/the-bible-and-chr

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:14 - Jul 29 with 1218 viewsSwanjaxs

I too am an atheist, thank god!!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:48 - Jul 29 with 1186 viewsjackb

I'm an atheist until I'm in a foxhole
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:51 - Jul 29 with 1178 viewsepaul

Me! religion is a pileow*nk I'm having Highway to Hell as my final song as my coffin is burnt to pieces in a humanist funeral

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:00 - Jul 29 with 1169 viewsSwanjaxs

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 17:51 - Jul 29 by epaul

Me! religion is a pileow*nk I'm having Highway to Hell as my final song as my coffin is burnt to pieces in a humanist funeral

Im with you fella, my old girl had a humanist funeral and its the way I'll be going out too!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:03 - Jul 29 with 1159 viewsjackonicko

Safer to describe yourself as agnostic - just in case.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 1139 viewsphact0rri

I am not religious, but I'd say I'm agnostic. I don't believe in a Christian's god. But I have seen and studied enough to not appreciate the forces that exist in this world, that science hasn't caught up with yet.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:36 - Jul 29 with 1092 viewsJackoBoostardo

I think I've made my views pretty clear here before.

Nice to see there are other people willing to use their brain matter here!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 29 with 1088 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:21 - Jul 29 by phact0rri

I am not religious, but I'd say I'm agnostic. I don't believe in a Christian's god. But I have seen and studied enough to not appreciate the forces that exist in this world, that science hasn't caught up with yet.

Only a matter of time buddy. And what has science not answered that religion has? (out of curiosity)

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:45 - Jul 29 with 1114 viewsdickythorpe

I find it harder to believe that Cardiff changed to red.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:57 - Jul 29 with 1100 viewsphact0rri

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:40 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

Only a matter of time buddy. And what has science not answered that religion has? (out of curiosity)

Spirits. Healing. Telepathy. Astral Projection. Fortune telling. All that business we just call magick.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:05 - Jul 29 with 1058 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 18:57 - Jul 29 by phact0rri

Spirits. Healing. Telepathy. Astral Projection. Fortune telling. All that business we just call magick.

Answer magic and unproven paranormal stuff with even more paranormal mumbo-jumbo?...... Seems legit!

Do you have any experience of these events yourself you want answers to?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:08 - Jul 29 with 1089 viewsexiledclaseboy

You don't have to be religious to believe in a higher power I don't suppose.

Me - I don't subscribe to either.

Poll: Tory leader

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:11 - Jul 29 with 1083 viewsphact0rri

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:05 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

Answer magic and unproven paranormal stuff with even more paranormal mumbo-jumbo?...... Seems legit!

Do you have any experience of these events yourself you want answers to?

I have experienced some of these things. I've studied with many gifted people over the years. And there are occurances in place that science does study. like acupuncture which is not totally understood on the lighter side of things. or like buddhists and other thought groups that can withstand abnormal situations and not be effected. like this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

Its interesting to look at. I love science, and if I did not experience things I'd not find them legit. I find it interesting.. and a great discourse to study.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:18 - Jul 29 with 1029 viewsDrizzle

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:08 - Jul 29 by exiledclaseboy

You don't have to be religious to believe in a higher power I don't suppose.

Me - I don't subscribe to either.

Government is a higher power. Society is a higher power.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:26 - Jul 29 with 984 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 19:11 - Jul 29 by phact0rri

I have experienced some of these things. I've studied with many gifted people over the years. And there are occurances in place that science does study. like acupuncture which is not totally understood on the lighter side of things. or like buddhists and other thought groups that can withstand abnormal situations and not be effected. like this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

Its interesting to look at. I love science, and if I did not experience things I'd not find them legit. I find it interesting.. and a great discourse to study.

Absolutely! There's heaps to know - we have only scraped the surface of many things to study and discover! The human mind and the power of the human body is a great topic - as we've seen things done, it has physical evidence and many witnesses. I've seen things first hand with Buddhist monks and they are marvels. Is it work of a god? No! Instead it's the mind we are still learning about.

I love a good mystery, looking for a solution is a buzz for me.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:29 - Jul 29 with 1015 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:18 - Jul 29 by Drizzle

Government is a higher power. Society is a higher power.

Well yeah, but you know what I meant.

Poll: Tory leader

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:36 - Jul 29 with 1010 viewsDrizzle

Atheism isn't so far from anarchism really. I wonder how many anarchists are atheist. I mean, is it the concept of authority that rankles ? ( I'm not sure its works both ways, I'm not suggesting all atheists are anarchists, but I would guess that most anarchists are atheist)
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 21:46]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:40 - Jul 29 with 971 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 21:36 - Jul 29 by Drizzle

Atheism isn't so far from anarchism really. I wonder how many anarchists are atheist. I mean, is it the concept of authority that rankles ? ( I'm not sure its works both ways, I'm not suggesting all atheists are anarchists, but I would guess that most anarchists are atheist)
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 21:46]

How do you work this out.

Without believing in a god, our lands would be overrun by Mad Max style tribes?

What a strange comment!

Our humanity keeps us in check, not a religion. A sense of law and order is not exclusive to the religious.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 00:01 - Jul 30 with 942 viewsDavillin

To the O.P. Being an atheist is not necessarily an automatic "hell sentence."

Besides, all of the rules and guidelines about who goes where -- Heaven or Hell or Purgatory or whatever levels a religion has -- are man-made. I cannot conceive of a god of any religion, or even a sect, with an after-life allowing Man make those rules.

Man can't even make rules for life on Earth! Or follow them!

And of course, it's Man who makes the rules about who makes the rules. Oh, Dear!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 00:40 - Jul 30 with 920 viewsswansRus

if there's a Christian God why does he differentiate between our life and the lives of the other organisms on this planet? Are we any better? Is our life force any greater? Ever watched a dragonfly? Or seen a heron at sunset? (there was one down the foreshore tonight - fantastic) Do those beautiful creatures not deserve to go to heaven? According to the bible, they do not. Hence, in my opinion, there is no Christian God.

I posted the my poem below - on a thread that got buried - it may fit better with this thread.

I've never been into Religion - all prayer and worship and hymns
I've never thought much about Jesus - or worried too much about sins;
And whether there is a hereafter has not been an item of musing,
as for Heaven and Hell, can anyone tell
if they're different from what we'd be losing?

Don't worry about your salvation - don't make paradise your concern,
We're just one form of life on this planet
On the stage of the Earth we're a turn
We don't have a particular spotlight - and we're not the stars of the show
Like a dog or a cat or a flea or a gnat -
when it's your time to go you just go.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 02:16 - Jul 30 with 903 viewsphact0rri

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 00:40 - Jul 30 by swansRus

if there's a Christian God why does he differentiate between our life and the lives of the other organisms on this planet? Are we any better? Is our life force any greater? Ever watched a dragonfly? Or seen a heron at sunset? (there was one down the foreshore tonight - fantastic) Do those beautiful creatures not deserve to go to heaven? According to the bible, they do not. Hence, in my opinion, there is no Christian God.

I posted the my poem below - on a thread that got buried - it may fit better with this thread.

I've never been into Religion - all prayer and worship and hymns
I've never thought much about Jesus - or worried too much about sins;
And whether there is a hereafter has not been an item of musing,
as for Heaven and Hell, can anyone tell
if they're different from what we'd be losing?

Don't worry about your salvation - don't make paradise your concern,
We're just one form of life on this planet
On the stage of the Earth we're a turn
We don't have a particular spotlight - and we're not the stars of the show
Like a dog or a cat or a flea or a gnat -
when it's your time to go you just go.

Well the Christians historically have gabbed about how animals don't have souls. Course they also combine a lot of non-white folk into that category to justify the killing and use of slaves just like they do non-humans.. How shocking I know! People using religion to strengthen their moral choices and unproven superiority... no one ever does that!

It's hard not to see the rational though-- I mean what better way to control the classes and take power away from minorities and unheard classes than to say "Its in the bible."

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 03:31 - Jul 30 with 896 viewsGlyn1

If you're an atheist then you don't really think that you're going to hell.

Also, atheists are much nicer people, because they do good things without expecting to be rewarded after they die.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:32 - Jul 30 with 870 viewsDrizzle

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 03:31 - Jul 30 by Glyn1

If you're an atheist then you don't really think that you're going to hell.

Also, atheists are much nicer people, because they do good things without expecting to be rewarded after they die.

Well not all atheists are nice people. ( There are atheists in prison you know?) Law abiding people are still serving a god. Its just not a religious one. ( how many people are deterred from committing crime by the fear of retribution? That's hardly being nice, its just being controlled. )
And without wishing to be controversial, how do you know how 'nice' atheists would be if there hadn't been religion for all this time? Is it possible for people to be influenced by religious principles (say the 10 commandments) without being religious? How much of religion has pervaded our everyday lives?
Atheists can just easily have a motive for doing good things, just because they don't expect to be rewarded with eternal life, it doesn't mean they don't expect something. Where did the notion come from that atheists are incapable of hypocrisy?
Crass generalisation lives.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 7:44]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:47 - Jul 30 with 858 viewsDanielswan

The most developed social countries in the world are also the ones with the largest numbers of atheists, Denmark included.

I cant pray to a god who doesnt exist, so I pay my taxes happily knowing that everyone will benefit from education, healthcare and the poorest will have food and a roof over their heads. Society is my responsibility.

Somebody mentioned anarchism almost equals atheism, actually its quite the opposite.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024