Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ice bucket thingy 15:50 - Aug 20 with 12363 viewsDarran

It's really f*cking tedious now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That ice bucket thingy on 13:07 - Aug 25 with 1441 viewsperchrockjack

JS.

Think

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

That ice bucket thingy on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 1410 viewsdickythorpe

http://news.sky.com/story/1324357/quarry-drowning-link-to-ice-challenge-probed

Typical Sky News no concrete evidence but "putting it out there" nonetheless.

RIP to the young lad.
That ice bucket thingy on 15:42 - Aug 25 with 1353 viewsCountyJim

Did mine at my local Saturday we raised 120 sheets for Cancer Research

There are some miserable gits who will moan about raising money mind
That ice bucket thingy on 16:20 - Aug 25 with 1318 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 00:08 - Aug 25 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Cannot believe this thread is still going on Darran,JF! Skippy,
And the rest who believe because this is promoted by celebrities or just we'll known people that this is just a publicity stunt for them is beyond belief £1 or a £1,000,000 it all helps no matter where it comes from You must have slagged off Band aid, race for life, sport aid,soccer aid, any well known person doing something for Red Nose Day children in need or any other well known cause well they may as we'll take any money they helped to raise back as far as you lot are concerned. Just a bunch of clicky argumentative self obsessed selfish posters who have nothing better in there lives than to spend the majority of ther lives trolling and posting utter shite on this site. I have viewed this site for a number of years and posters have come and gone but the same old click are still on here trying to hold justice to this type of crap of a argument.
Juvenile combacks I expect
I am out of here.

Jesus I'm getting worried by here..we're juvenile?... it is a publicity stunt.. daft c*nts can't see it.. we're not slagging them off.. we're just curious where our investments go.. because billions go out.. and not a lot of progress is made.. Curiosity. That's all it is curiosity.. Charities are a business after all.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

That ice bucket thingy on 19:15 - Aug 25 with 1261 viewsMillJack

That ice bucket thingy on 16:20 - Aug 25 by skippyjack

Jesus I'm getting worried by here..we're juvenile?... it is a publicity stunt.. daft c*nts can't see it.. we're not slagging them off.. we're just curious where our investments go.. because billions go out.. and not a lot of progress is made.. Curiosity. That's all it is curiosity.. Charities are a business after all.

So the OP, and subsequent posts re. how everyone involved is an attention seeking c*nt, were posted out of curiosity were they? F@ck my eyes.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:38 - Aug 25 with 1232 viewsjackypaddywacky

That ice bucket thingy on 19:25 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Look at me! Look at me!

That's the most honest self analytical post you've done to date. Well done.
That ice bucket thingy on 21:34 - Aug 25 with 1212 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Maybe there's some Catholics on here .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ice-bucket-challenge-catholic-c

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

That ice bucket thingy on 21:47 - Aug 25 with 1196 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 19:15 - Aug 25 by MillJack

So the OP, and subsequent posts re. how everyone involved is an attention seeking c*nt, were posted out of curiosity were they? F@ck my eyes.

Look mate.. celebrities are marketing dummies.. they are told.. they do this for marketing 100%.. people tag along.... it's a source of self rimming.. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram social media is a marketing ploy.. companies are making millions..more than 60 million donated to the charity.. they're using charity as a money maker.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

That ice bucket thingy on 15:39 - Aug 28 with 1086 viewsDarran

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/als-ice-bucket-challenge-over-hal

That ice bucket thingy on 18:19 - Aug 28 with 1046 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 15:39 - Aug 28 by Darran

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/als-ice-bucket-challenge-over-hal

it seems those who chose to question the validity of this social media trend have been proved to be right.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-39-IceBucketChallenge-attention-soc

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:19 - Aug 28 with 1033 viewskeeponrockin

Help. What do I do, I've been nominated.

I'd rather give a wedge to charity
That ice bucket thingy on 20:23 - Aug 28 with 1027 viewsTom1912

That ice bucket thingy on 18:19 - Aug 28 by Jackfath

it seems those who chose to question the validity of this social media trend have been proved to be right.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-39-IceBucketChallenge-attention-soc

It's an annoying social media trend that at the end of the day, a charity have benefited from massively.

The best way to get people to do something for you is to give them something in return. In return for publicity to the charity (and in some cases donations), they've had in return attention and self-gratification.

But at the end of the day, 50% of 10m people donating is a lot better than 0% of 60m.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:23 - Aug 28 with 1026 viewsTom1912

That ice bucket thingy on 20:19 - Aug 28 by keeponrockin

Help. What do I do, I've been nominated.

I'd rather give a wedge to charity

Ignore it and donate. That's what I plan to do.
That ice bucket thingy on 20:27 - Aug 28 with 1020 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 20:23 - Aug 28 by Tom1912

Ignore it and donate. That's what I plan to do.

That's what you're supposed to do.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:29 - Aug 28 with 1016 viewskeeponrockin

That ice bucket thingy on 20:27 - Aug 28 by Darran

That's what you're supposed to do.

Think I'll do that, I'd feel like a hypocrite now.

If there's one thing I hate it's following the crowd
That ice bucket thingy on 20:34 - Aug 28 with 1012 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

just imagine thousands of women dressing in pink and walking a couple of miles.
attention seeking idiots

How bizarre!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

That ice bucket thingy on 02:24 - Aug 29 with 977 viewsLiberty

That ice bucket thingy on 09:45 - Aug 25 by Jackfath

You're missing the point.

All anyone is saying is that whilst it has undoubtedly raised the profile of raising money for charity, there is undoubtedly a percentage of people who are doing this for no other purpose than to jump on the social media "look at me" bandwagon. They do not donate to charity. They are only interested in being a social media sheep.

As some people have stated in this thread, what is wrong with donating to charity anyway, without all the fuss of having to pour a bucket of water over ones head.

I am sorry if you're unable to understand that point, it has nothing to do with cliques on here. It's about people having different (perhaps cynical) viewpoints on aspects of life. We are entitled to these opinions. If people didn't have different ways of looking and analysing aspects of our lives the world would be a very very dull place indeed.

Would you pour a bucket of water over your head if it helped raise awareness OR money for charity.

That is all the organisers have asked for... p!ss on their fire, why don't you.

The charity love what is happening. Thats what they arecstating on radio and in press in any case. Why not let charity workers, contributors, celebs or not, continue their good work?

Repeat, the people running the charity love the way it is going. Easy to knock those getting off their ass and making a difference.

always negative people out there I suppose, ruining good work being done. It's life.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

That ice bucket thingy on 04:05 - Aug 29 with 970 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Reading the fine print of their donation terms it appears as little as 10% of donations go to research.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

That ice bucket thingy on 04:16 - Aug 29 with 970 viewsTheArtChappy

Must say I thought Matt Damon's one was good.
He's an ambassador for one of the water charities. He couldn't justify the wasting of water, so he used water from the toilet, which he says that even though we think that is horrible, it is cleaner than the water in the 3rd world that people have to drink.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

That ice bucket thingy on 08:07 - Aug 29 with 944 viewscsf

That ice bucket thingy on 04:05 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Reading the fine print of their donation terms it appears as little as 10% of donations go to research.

Just to be clear, when you say their donation terms, is that the MNDA or Macmillan?
That ice bucket thingy on 08:36 - Aug 29 with 925 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 02:24 - Aug 29 by Liberty

Would you pour a bucket of water over your head if it helped raise awareness OR money for charity.

That is all the organisers have asked for... p!ss on their fire, why don't you.

The charity love what is happening. Thats what they arecstating on radio and in press in any case. Why not let charity workers, contributors, celebs or not, continue their good work?

Repeat, the people running the charity love the way it is going. Easy to knock those getting off their ass and making a difference.

always negative people out there I suppose, ruining good work being done. It's life.

Have you done the challenge?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That ice bucket thingy on 12:49 - Aug 29 with 893 viewsCountyJim

That ice bucket thingy on 04:16 - Aug 29 by TheArtChappy

Must say I thought Matt Damon's one was good.
He's an ambassador for one of the water charities. He couldn't justify the wasting of water, so he used water from the toilet, which he says that even though we think that is horrible, it is cleaner than the water in the 3rd world that people have to drink.

Yes fair dos but some will still moan ffs
That ice bucket thingy on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 890 viewsBLAZE

If you're fed up of these videos, please watch this. Skip to 2 minutes. He makes a point at 3:40 that's pertinent to this thread

That ice bucket thingy on 13:05 - Aug 29 with 884 viewsCountyJim

That ice bucket thingy on 12:55 - Aug 29 by BLAZE

If you're fed up of these videos, please watch this. Skip to 2 minutes. He makes a point at 3:40 that's pertinent to this thread

Wow that is powerful what a brave lad
That ice bucket thingy on 13:07 - Aug 29 with 882 viewsBaker

That ice bucket thingy on 12:49 - Aug 29 by CountyJim

Yes fair dos but some will still moan ffs

Probably the worst of the lot.

"Look at me go one better than all you c*nts!" is what he's saying.

The narcissistic 'look at me' tit!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024