Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's Insular Choices... 21:41 - Aug 28 with 2128 viewsPhil_S

I have to say that up to today I was never really convinced that Swansea players were overlooked for international selection by England but I think it is fair to say that when the likes of Fabien Delph and Danny Rose are good enough for a call up you wonder what our players have to do

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35960/englands-insular-ch
England's Insular Choices... on 21:44 - Aug 28 with 1619 viewsNeathJack

Delighted to see Monk speaking out on it.

Disappointed but not surprised that not one national paper appears to have bothered reporting it.
England's Insular Choices... on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 1527 viewsorion3016

That England squad looks very ordinary. Most of the stars in the premier are foreign players and the league has become so powerful that I ll doubt they'll ever bring in quotas for British players to play

Be over there now after

England's Insular Choices... on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 1476 viewshammy

Live and play in England !

If those lightweights have been selected then Welsh discrimination is at play. The likes of Dyer, Routledge and Shelvey should be in that squad.. Woy is obviously being very English club biased .. fwck him ...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 22:52]

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

England's Insular Choices... on 23:25 - Aug 28 with 1420 viewsSwansNZ

I find it a staggering that Hodgson has never been to the Liberty as England manager. You’d think he would attend 2 games each week, so you’d assume he’d get around all the grounds.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England's Insular Choices... on 23:29 - Aug 28 with 1408 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

England's Insular Choices... on 22:50 - Aug 28 by hammy

Live and play in England !

If those lightweights have been selected then Welsh discrimination is at play. The likes of Dyer, Routledge and Shelvey should be in that squad.. Woy is obviously being very English club biased .. fwck him ...
[Post edited 28 Aug 2014 22:52]

Shelvey should be nowhere near the England squad.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

England's Insular Choices... on 23:32 - Aug 28 with 1398 viewsJackFish

Shelvey scored more goals, created more chances and won more tackles than Ross Barkley last season, and if you're seriously suggesting that Delph deserves to be in the squad over Shelvey then I don't know what to say.
England's Insular Choices... on 23:38 - Aug 28 with 1388 viewsjacktar

England's Insular Choices... on 23:29 - Aug 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As you should be nowhere near Swans fans message board.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

England's Insular Choices... on 00:39 - Aug 29 with 1333 viewslatchford

Our club is welsh not english. Why is there even a thread on this? I don't care if they pick ken Dodd
Login to get fewer ads

England's Insular Choices... on 00:50 - Aug 29 with 1324 viewsSwansNZ

England's Insular Choices... on 00:39 - Aug 29 by latchford

Our club is welsh not english. Why is there even a thread on this? I don't care if they pick ken Dodd

Possibly because we have English players? Just a thought

England's Insular Choices... on 00:55 - Aug 29 with 1317 viewsLiam

Hopefully the media pick up on this article Phil. Good post.
England's Insular Choices... on 01:20 - Aug 29 with 1289 viewslonglostjack

I'm only interested in the England selection thing because it MAY affect the Swans eg ability to sell on players at a higher price otherwise I couldn't give a toss. Amateur set up the English FA and long may it continue

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

England's Insular Choices... on 03:22 - Aug 29 with 1246 viewsSwansNZ

Was he really a better player when England selected him before?

or maybe, it was becuase he was at Liverpool

England's Insular Choices... on 03:24 - Aug 29 with 1241 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

England's Insular Choices... on 03:22 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

Was he really a better player when England selected him before?

or maybe, it was becuase he was at Liverpool

He wasn't.

I agree he was selected because he was a Liverpool player.

England's Insular Choices... on 03:25 - Aug 29 with 1240 viewsSwansNZ

England's Insular Choices... on 03:24 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He wasn't.

I agree he was selected because he was a Liverpool player.

Dwight, you must be tired, go to bed.

England's Insular Choices... on 04:04 - Aug 29 with 1224 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

England's Insular Choices... on 03:25 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

Dwight, you must be tired, go to bed.

I was reading the Armageddon thread on the other board and ended up watching Thirteen Days.

England's Insular Choices... on 04:19 - Aug 29 with 1220 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Anything that pisses off our players and puts a chip on their shoulders is OK by me.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

England's Insular Choices... on 05:04 - Aug 29 with 1206 viewsDJack

... and Danny Rose should be? Dwight you really are a shadow of your former self. Time for a re-invention methinks.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

England's Insular Choices... on 06:18 - Aug 29 with 1174 viewsicecoldjack

Don't think any of our players deserve an England call up right now but they Definatley have in the past !

Routs last season was at times unplayable and taking the pee out of world class full backs on a regular basis.

England have a stadium to pay for though and they are well aware that no swans fans would go and pay to watch them but plenty will from villa,spurs,Southampton etc, especially if one of their boys was playing.

A combination of politics and a a poor short thinking manager..

Leon britton is perfect for international football but England don't play keep ball, so most of our players would be wasted anyway.

In the words of our esteemed mod darran..fook em !
England's Insular Choices... on 07:54 - Aug 29 with 1099 viewsmonmouth

Be careful what you wish for. Lallana, Shaw and the rest might well have been noticed and tapped up by big club players whilst they played for England. It also can inflate a players head; think Bothorrhoid. There's no doubt in my mind though that if they were all at Liverpool Shelves would be a squad regular and both wingers would have had a chance by now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England's Insular Choices... on 08:06 - Aug 29 with 1070 viewsQuakerJack

England's Insular Choices... on 07:54 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Be careful what you wish for. Lallana, Shaw and the rest might well have been noticed and tapped up by big club players whilst they played for England. It also can inflate a players head; think Bothorrhoid. There's no doubt in my mind though that if they were all at Liverpool Shelves would be a squad regular and both wingers would have had a chance by now.

That's the flip side, players become noticed and are poached by bigger clubs. On the flip side, any English player who has a desire to play for their country shouldn't sign for us.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

England's Insular Choices... on 08:10 - Aug 29 with 1057 viewsSwansNZ

Lallana and Shaw went for about £50 million. If we lost 2 players for that amount, I'm sure we'll cope.

England's Insular Choices... on 08:17 - Aug 29 with 1016 viewsmonmouth

England's Insular Choices... on 08:10 - Aug 29 by SwansNZ

Lallana and Shaw went for about £50 million. If we lost 2 players for that amount, I'm sure we'll cope.

True

.....but they played for Southampton. Everyone familiar with 'The Bony Directive' knows that Swansea should be made to give away their players for the player's own good..

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

England's Insular Choices... on 08:41 - Aug 29 with 977 viewsicecoldjack

Very true indeed.

As I've said earlier let's keep flying under the radar, that IMO is the Swansea way !

The longer we do that the better for SCFC .
England's Insular Choices... on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 879 viewsAJ101

From an English/Spurs fans point of view....

The England squad is awful and it is surprising that Hodgson has never been to the Liberty.

I don't think your players are at the individual level obvious omissions but having none selected makes it much more noticeable.

It's probably true that your wingers deserve a chance ahead of Townsend but he did really well for England (better than he's ever been for Spurs) before getting injured so it's not surprising Hodgson has given him another go.

Danny Rose only got picked as we have injuries at LB and Cole retired, if one of Gibbs or Shaw had been fit he wouldn't have been in the squad, well I hope not anyway.

I did have to laugh at Hodgson saying "we're not heading to mediocrity", he's absolutely right we've been mediocre for years....
England's Insular Choices... on 10:07 - Aug 29 with 872 viewsClinton

England's Insular Choices... on 10:03 - Aug 29 by AJ101

From an English/Spurs fans point of view....

The England squad is awful and it is surprising that Hodgson has never been to the Liberty.

I don't think your players are at the individual level obvious omissions but having none selected makes it much more noticeable.

It's probably true that your wingers deserve a chance ahead of Townsend but he did really well for England (better than he's ever been for Spurs) before getting injured so it's not surprising Hodgson has given him another go.

Danny Rose only got picked as we have injuries at LB and Cole retired, if one of Gibbs or Shaw had been fit he wouldn't have been in the squad, well I hope not anyway.

I did have to laugh at Hodgson saying "we're not heading to mediocrity", he's absolutely right we've been mediocre for years....

Hey Spurs guy. How did Ben play yesterday ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024