Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning 21:30 - Aug 30 with 5912 views_

What can we say....

The evidence is there; we're 9 out of 9 and this is the first time since 1923 that we've won our first 4 games, Carling Cup taken into consideration.

I thought we were superb from the off today; it was hard to justify otherwise with Nathan Dyer being put through by Siggy just after the minute mark. Ok, Nath isn't the best finisher in the "group" as evidenced by his 2nd but that bucked the trend completely. You don't put them bye better than that!!

Then we looked liked we were going to drop a big howitzer on them as the next few minutes were akin to T2C ridiculing Teabag Prosser, Queen Dickcock and Tony Sanctimony Twenty Five Bellies... Bit alas that was not to be...

Scoring so early meant we had the momentum (and arguably a bit of luck with their slip for our first goal) it also meant we had to play our way back into the game after the euphoria any 2nd minute goal would give you.

This was ok for the first 10 or so minutes afterwards, we were still buzzing from the goal. But then they started applying the same sort of pressure Burnley did last week and we were resorting to long, Hollywood passes from our midfield duo.

This was alarming in the main until for whatever reason, Monk hopefully, or perhaps Rangel, who was absolutely legendary today in his majestic performance, started to play the ball back; sideways, along the front of midfield and just in front of their first line of defence.

This.... This was the tipping point of the game.

That 20 or 30 pass move ended up with a cross in the box which was cleared only to JJS, who in turn crossed it over for Bony, where on the basis of a challenge from the header ended up with Wayne Routledge, who let's face it won't score many better.

That little episode in the game set us up for what came after.

There's no getting away from the fact we've probably played the bottom 5 until now, but that means nothing. These 9 points will mean so much for us in maintaining our EPL position and being ready to go again for a 5th consecutive season.

Tell me this...

How have we become so much better than a good, at least, 7 to 10 established Premier League clubs?

That, has a lot to do with our Board - Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in particular. It's times like today that make you think just that...

There's tougher times ahead, but on the pi55 tonight, I can't help feeling like that.

Up the Jacks....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:38]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:41 - Aug 31 with 953 viewsHighjack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:40 - Aug 31 by Banosswan

Do you think that guns would benefit our style of play in any way?

As long as it isn't Van der Guns.

Boom boom.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:43 - Aug 31 with 952 viewsBanosswan

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:41 - Aug 31 by Highjack

As long as it isn't Van der Guns.

Boom boom.

I actually quite liked him....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:46 - Aug 31 with 945 viewsDavillin

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:40 - Aug 31 by Banosswan

Do you think that guns would benefit our style of play in any way?

Perhaps improve the overall quality of PlanetSwans posters.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:49 - Aug 31 with 918 viewsHighjack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:46 - Aug 31 by Davillin

Perhaps improve the overall quality of PlanetSwans posters.

I'm upgrading the terror level of Planetswans upto Critical.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:59 - Aug 31 with 909 viewsBanosswan

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 01:49 - Aug 31 by Highjack

I'm upgrading the terror level of Planetswans upto Critical.

This has me concerned. We should arm up and leave the EU. Dav, mail me some Mp5's please.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:19 - Aug 31 with 736 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 21:57 - Aug 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Nah, he's the same player, you've just been forced to revise your opinion of him, and the 'came back twice the player' route is a convenient one...

Same for those who state Ki 'developed' whilst slogging it out in a mental Sunderland team as a way to accept he's back and still...as good a footballer as he was when he was here initially...

..or those who claimed Bony 'came good' in the second half of last season...

If Sinclair was to come back and chip in with an inevitable few goals, he will also have come back 'developed..twice the player...' and so on....

So you don't think being at Tottenham improved him then? He's returned here with a quicker mind, better physicality in his game and I even think his touch has improved.
No revisionism here, just plain objectivity.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:25 - Aug 31 with 725 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:19 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

So you don't think being at Tottenham improved him then? He's returned here with a quicker mind, better physicality in his game and I even think his touch has improved.
No revisionism here, just plain objectivity.

If I've got one tiny criticism of Siggy is I'd like to see him a bit fitter, a bit more nimble.

He's got so much quality in seeing a pass it's immense, he's got fantastic technique, great shot and he's perfect for us with service behind him, as is Bony, as the ball really sticks to him and Bony with great first touches.

All credit to him for choosing us instead of staying in London; he clearly just loves to play football and he knows we're a footballing team.

Great start for him this season, but one we were all expecting or hoping for really after his last amazing stint for us.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:32 - Aug 31 with 695 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:25 - Aug 31 by _

If I've got one tiny criticism of Siggy is I'd like to see him a bit fitter, a bit more nimble.

He's got so much quality in seeing a pass it's immense, he's got fantastic technique, great shot and he's perfect for us with service behind him, as is Bony, as the ball really sticks to him and Bony with great first touches.

All credit to him for choosing us instead of staying in London; he clearly just loves to play football and he knows we're a footballing team.

Great start for him this season, but one we were all expecting or hoping for really after his last amazing stint for us.

I think he's definitely more mobile and quicker than the last time he was here Chris. A lot stronger in the tackle too but for me either our game has sped up to suit him better or Spurs have brought him on that little bit . The two assists for ND showed his speed of thought seems to have quickened. Can't recall him doing quite the same thing in his first spell here. Good for us though eh, even though we seem to have forfeited our human rights as Swansea City supporters on here

Login to get fewer ads

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:33 - Aug 31 with 688 viewsDarran

Criticism.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 682 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:33 - Aug 31 by Darran

Criticism.

Bang on cue.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 678 viewsStarsky

He certainly covers more ground than he did during his first tenure.
I would think that another 2 or 3 full games under his belt should see him at his fitness .peak

It's just the internet, init.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:35 - Aug 31 with 671 viewsSwansNZ

Fitter? Didn't he run further than anyone in the MU game?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 666 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:34 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Bang on cue.

Beep beep beep beep.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:38 - Aug 31 with 651 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:32 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I think he's definitely more mobile and quicker than the last time he was here Chris. A lot stronger in the tackle too but for me either our game has sped up to suit him better or Spurs have brought him on that little bit . The two assists for ND showed his speed of thought seems to have quickened. Can't recall him doing quite the same thing in his first spell here. Good for us though eh, even though we seem to have forfeited our human rights as Swansea City supporters on here

I think it's more to do with our game rather than anything Spurs magically did to him during his wasted time sitting on their bench.

He looks like the same Gylfi, but he's being asked to do more than he was under Brendan. He's obviously bought in to the hard-work ethic and the added responsibilities that Monk has given him - not just to hang around waiting for loose balls on the edge of the box to put away.

He's not flawaless of course, and will have poor games/form throughout the season, but it's the same Gylfi to me, just in a system that suits him more than any other.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:36 - Aug 31 by Darran

Beep beep beep beep.

Your craving for the moral high ground on here is akin to a heroin addict going cold turkey. Are you ok?

Pssst , it's only a crappy football forum, even though it obviously figures much more in your life than it would in most others'.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 626 viewsStarsky

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:32 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I remember you initially saying "why buy Siggy? Swansea City have moved on since then".

I was very excited about him signing but I remember writing that the second half of his loan period with us, he was trying to score too much himself and thus isolating Danny Graham.

He is much more of a team player these days and has a fantastic attitude to hard work.
Some of the Swans players used to whinge about his workrate at that time.

So Brynnie, we both had legitimate reservations but I'm sure we're both delighted right now.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:44 - Aug 31 with 612 viewsTom1912

Fitter?! Bizarre criticism.

He does more running than anyone else on the pitch, his workrate is superb. Yesterday he didn't stop chasing and closing players down, trying to get the ball back, even after we went 3-0 up.
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:44 - Aug 31 with 611 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:41 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Your craving for the moral high ground on here is akin to a heroin addict going cold turkey. Are you ok?

Pssst , it's only a crappy football forum, even though it obviously figures much more in your life than it would in most others'.

Ooh Brynnies getting personal like his mate T2C.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:46 - Aug 31 with 602 viewsjackonicko

Siggy covered more ground yesterday than any other player on the pitch.
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:48 - Aug 31 with 590 viewsStarsky

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:46 - Aug 31 by jackonicko

Headless chicken?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:49 - Aug 31 with 583 viewsShonky

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:46 - Aug 31 by jackonicko

Yeah but if you ignore all the running he did, he didn't do any, which isn't what we are looking for. Clearly.

Its just a ride...

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:04 - Aug 31 with 554 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:49 - Aug 31 by Shonky

Yeah but if you ignore all the running he did, he didn't do any, which isn't what we are looking for. Clearly.

Yeah but wait untill he gets fitter he'll be like Forrest Gump on speed.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:05 - Aug 31 with 551 viewsjackonicko

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:48 - Aug 31 by Starsky

Headless chicken?

This.

Except for the goals and assists and stuff.
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:07 - Aug 31 with 544 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:41 - Aug 31 by Starsky

I remember you initially saying "why buy Siggy? Swansea City have moved on since then".

I was very excited about him signing but I remember writing that the second half of his loan period with us, he was trying to score too much himself and thus isolating Danny Graham.

He is much more of a team player these days and has a fantastic attitude to hard work.
Some of the Swans players used to whinge about his workrate at that time.

So Brynnie, we both had legitimate reservations but I'm sure we're both delighted right now.

Not half Geoff !

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:07 - Aug 31 with 541 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:07 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Not half Geoff !

Erm Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024