Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning 21:30 - Aug 30 with 5913 views_

What can we say....

The evidence is there; we're 9 out of 9 and this is the first time since 1923 that we've won our first 4 games, Carling Cup taken into consideration.

I thought we were superb from the off today; it was hard to justify otherwise with Nathan Dyer being put through by Siggy just after the minute mark. Ok, Nath isn't the best finisher in the "group" as evidenced by his 2nd but that bucked the trend completely. You don't put them bye better than that!!

Then we looked liked we were going to drop a big howitzer on them as the next few minutes were akin to T2C ridiculing Teabag Prosser, Queen Dickcock and Tony Sanctimony Twenty Five Bellies... Bit alas that was not to be...

Scoring so early meant we had the momentum (and arguably a bit of luck with their slip for our first goal) it also meant we had to play our way back into the game after the euphoria any 2nd minute goal would give you.

This was ok for the first 10 or so minutes afterwards, we were still buzzing from the goal. But then they started applying the same sort of pressure Burnley did last week and we were resorting to long, Hollywood passes from our midfield duo.

This was alarming in the main until for whatever reason, Monk hopefully, or perhaps Rangel, who was absolutely legendary today in his majestic performance, started to play the ball back; sideways, along the front of midfield and just in front of their first line of defence.

This.... This was the tipping point of the game.

That 20 or 30 pass move ended up with a cross in the box which was cleared only to JJS, who in turn crossed it over for Bony, where on the basis of a challenge from the header ended up with Wayne Routledge, who let's face it won't score many better.

That little episode in the game set us up for what came after.

There's no getting away from the fact we've probably played the bottom 5 until now, but that means nothing. These 9 points will mean so much for us in maintaining our EPL position and being ready to go again for a 5th consecutive season.

Tell me this...

How have we become so much better than a good, at least, 7 to 10 established Premier League clubs?

That, has a lot to do with our Board - Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in particular. It's times like today that make you think just that...

There's tougher times ahead, but on the pi55 tonight, I can't help feeling like that.

Up the Jacks....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:38]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:27 - Aug 31 with 999 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:58 - Aug 31 by Neath_Jack

I have made the comment somewhere on here over the past week that in my opinion, Gylfi has to be one of the fittest players in our squad, he doesn't stop running, whether it's tracking back or getting at the other team. There was a stat after the Utd game saying that he run over half the distance of a half marathon, or something similar.

For what it's worth I agree. I challenge anyone to provide stats that prove he did the same when he was here the first time out

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:34 - Aug 31 with 987 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:52 - Aug 31 by ScoobyWho

As long as it's alright for him he doesn't give a f*ck about anyone else. Sad

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:39 - Aug 31 with 976 viewsStarsky

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:33 - Aug 31 by _

That would be some feat wouldn't it... But hey, you maybe right ;-)

Makes you wonder why Poccetino didn't want him ;-)

Someone from the Spurs forums recently posted on here about Siggy, saying that they played him out of position out wide and his form was patchy. When he did play in the hole he seemed to lack confidence.

It's just the internet, init.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:40 - Aug 31 with 972 viewsPacemaker

Gylfis mileage was 11km 7.4 miles, Ki was next with 7.2 miles Rangel on 6.6 and JJS 6.1 miles according the Sunday Mirror report today.

Fastest was Dyer at 21.2 mph next fastest was surprise for me Bony at 20.2 the same as Montero beating him alphabetically !
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 13:41]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:44 - Aug 31 with 965 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 13:34 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

As long as it's alright for him he doesn't give a f*ck about anyone else. Sad

Beep beep beep beep.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:06 - Aug 31 with 947 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 12:58 - Aug 31 by Neath_Jack

I have made the comment somewhere on here over the past week that in my opinion, Gylfi has to be one of the fittest players in our squad, he doesn't stop running, whether it's tracking back or getting at the other team. There was a stat after the Utd game saying that he run over half the distance of a half marathon, or something similar.

So a quarter then, Paul?

Standard fair for a midfielder I think you'll find.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:08 - Aug 31 with 940 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:06 - Aug 31 by _

So a quarter then, Paul?

Paul.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:12 - Aug 31 with 924 viewsNeath_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:06 - Aug 31 by _

So a quarter then, Paul?

Wrong Neath Jack.

No idea if it's standard or not, one thing is, he puts in more hard yards than any of our other squad. Fitness is the least of his concerns.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 924 viewsBrynmill_Jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:12 - Aug 31 by Neath_Jack

Wrong Neath Jack.

No idea if it's standard or not, one thing is, he puts in more hard yards than any of our other squad. Fitness is the least of his concerns.

Agree 100%. However JDG was as fit as Siggy running sometimes up to 7k a match but the brain speed of Siggy is noticeably quicker. Hence I see what T2C is saying . Both correct

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 892 viewsperchrockjack

Bryn.

Trust me on this . I never forget.

Once you were a poster with whom. You could have a discussion.

Not now, it's sadness itself.

One is often judged by the company one keeps, and you seem to have been poisoned.

Relax, I used to live half way along St. Albans but would never return

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 15:07 - Aug 31 with 864 viewsDavillin

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:41 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Your craving for the moral high ground on here is akin to a heroin addict going cold turkey. Are you ok?

Pssst , it's only a crappy football forum, even though it obviously figures much more in your life than it would in most others'.

Darran was just reinforcing a legitimate point.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 15:37 - Aug 31 with 828 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:12 - Aug 31 by Neath_Jack

Wrong Neath Jack.

Ahh yeah, you're the good bloke Neath Jack...

The other tw@ts Paul

Sorry.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 15:39 - Aug 31 with 819 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 14:35 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

Bryn.

Trust me on this . I never forget.

Once you were a poster with whom. You could have a discussion.

Not now, it's sadness itself.

One is often judged by the company one keeps, and you seem to have been poisoned.

Relax, I used to live half way along St. Albans but would never return

You never forget?

Hahahaha

Unbelievable, really.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 733 viewsGTCJack

Man Utd, with Mata, Rooney, Van Persie et al are bottom five now?

You silly little c*nt.
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 20:27 - Aug 31 with 666 viewsperchrockjack

Big wheel keeps on turning ..

So we move on then.

That s good as it might never be this good again.

Think of all the time your wasting
Waiting for a rainy day.

Treasure every moment you hear music

Make sure you re practising your guitar as it ll make you feel better.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 603 views1jack

I thought both Dyer's goals were good finishes, the first from a tight angle and the second hard and low near the goalies legs, that is almost unstoppable, you see goals like that week in week out, the goalie can't get his hands to it as it is too low and can't stop it with his legs as he cannot react quickly enough, perfect finish.
9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 572 viewsSwansNZ

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 22:30 - Aug 31 by 1jack

I thought both Dyer's goals were good finishes, the first from a tight angle and the second hard and low near the goalies legs, that is almost unstoppable, you see goals like that week in week out, the goalie can't get his hands to it as it is too low and can't stop it with his legs as he cannot react quickly enough, perfect finish.

yep, very much like the first from Diego Costa against Everton

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:34 - Sep 1 with 496 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 22:30 - Aug 31 by 1jack

Any goal could be described as a good finish... but Dyers second, I bet the keeper is kicking himself there. I'd be very disappointed if Fab had made that "effort".

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:15 - Sep 1 with 441 viewsSwansNZ

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 11:34 - Sep 1 by _

Any goal could be described as a good finish... but Dyers second, I bet the keeper is kicking himself there. I'd be very disappointed if Fab had made that "effort".

I’m not sure if you are serious, but I thought his finish was very good (which of course, it was) — similar to a number of goals over the weekend - as above Costa’s 1st, and the Stoke goal spring to mind.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 427 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:15 - Sep 1 by SwansNZ

I’m not sure if you are serious, but I thought his finish was very good (which of course, it was) — similar to a number of goals over the weekend - as above Costa’s 1st, and the Stoke goal spring to mind.

I don't call Costa's a good finish either. He just got his head down and hit it low. Got lucky it went through Howard's legs.

If you want good finishing see Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Messi.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:30 - Sep 1 with 422 viewsSwansNZ

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:23 - Sep 1 by _

I don't call Costa's a good finish either. He just got his head down and hit it low. Got lucky it went through Howard's legs.

Ah right, so Nathan is not as good as Messi. ok

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:34 - Sep 1 with 409 viewsC_jack

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:23 - Sep 1 by _

That really is the strangest thing I've ever read on here. Mourinho must be furious with him, 4 goals in 3 games, what a waste.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 403 viewsDarran

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:34 - Sep 1 by C_jack

That really is the strangest thing I've ever read on here. Mourinho must be furious with him, 4 goals in 3 games, what a waste.

He's an expert on football mun.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 19:01 - Sep 1 with 373 views_

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 18:34 - Sep 1 by C_jack

I think you're missing the point.

Some goals are just that, goals. I wouldn't describe all goals as good "finishes" - not in the purest sense of the description. Naturally, a goal would mean it has been "finished" - Here lies the problem.

I'd say Costa's second goal was a better finish only because he composed himself just for that tiny fraction instead of shooting on site. That slight hesitation threw Howard and opened the goal up just slightly. His first was just a hit low and hope. Howard will be angry that one went in.

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 19:04 - Sep 1 with 366 viewsSwansNZ

9 out of 9 the big wheel keeps on turning on 19:01 - Sep 1 by _

I think you're missing the point.

Some goals are just that, goals. I wouldn't describe all goals as good "finishes" - not in the purest sense of the description. Naturally, a goal would mean it has been "finished" - Here lies the problem.

I'd say Costa's second goal was a better finish only because he composed himself just for that tiny fraction instead of shooting on site. That slight hesitation threw Howard and opened the goal up just slightly. His first was just a hit low and hope. Howard will be angry that one went in.

Hit and hope, aye he's bloody rubbish

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024