Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continuing to accumulate points...... 14:40 - Sep 1 with 4282 viewsJethroJack

Chelsea will obviously be quite a challenge.......then we have in Sep/Oct
Saints
(Everton COC)
Sunderland
Newcastle
Stoke
Leicester

Loads of points available there
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 14:44]
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 14:53 - Sep 1 with 2479 viewsscottishjack

When the fixtures came out, from our first 4 matches I thought that 6 points would be decent, and 4 would be just about acceptable. Not getting carried away, but who knows where this season is heading?
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 14:58 - Sep 1 with 2458 viewsmacthejack

We could realistically win all of those games. We wont. But we could.
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 15:07 - Sep 1 with 2415 viewsdeanscfc

The way things are going I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't win 3 of our next 6 league games. If we lost 3 then we'd be on 18 points averaging 2 per game..

but it's never usually so simple aye.
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 15:20 - Sep 1 with 2368 viewsmonmouth

We said the same if I remember right after ML's golden start. We then lost the next three badly and only scraped past Wigan with a wrongly disallowed goal. Euphoria turned into Inches from panic turned back to euphoria.

What was it that poet mush said about triumph and disaster? Fine margins. It's going to be a bumpy ride; it always is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 2338 viewsJackFish

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 15:20 - Sep 1 by monmouth

We said the same if I remember right after ML's golden start. We then lost the next three badly and only scraped past Wigan with a wrongly disallowed goal. Euphoria turned into Inches from panic turned back to euphoria.

What was it that poet mush said about triumph and disaster? Fine margins. It's going to be a bumpy ride; it always is.

2-0 down at home against a rubbish Reading side and we looked like we were in for a long season! Then we had a tougher run of games including Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea and managed to only lose once... to Norwich!

Looking at that lot, certainly should be aiming to be on 18 points by the end of October.
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 17:26 - Sep 1 with 2190 viewsSgorioFruit

Im just gona celebrate every 3 points we pick up because they make me really happy. Point at chelsea will be nice. Sod it i think 3 points up for grabs there!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:10 - Sep 1 with 2117 viewsJethroJack

3 more wins & 2 draws.......and we're half way to safety
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 2085 viewsJackoBoostardo

All winnable games imho. Just need to keep up the tempo and the players need to keep their heads.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 19:46 - Sep 1 with 1962 viewsCatullus

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:19 - Sep 1 by JackoBoostardo

All winnable games imho. Just need to keep up the tempo and the players need to keep their heads.

This, plus what Monmouth said.

The best thing is not to lose our heads.

But a draw at the bridge would be an excellent start!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 19:50 - Sep 1 with 1945 viewsJethroJack

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 18:19 - Sep 1 by JackoBoostardo

Agreed. It'll also be interesting if we keep Chelsea out for half an hour. We've got enough about us to worry them too. Keeping Fabregas quiet is the key.......would be handy if he gets a knock on international duty.

Can't wait for the 13th, 3rd visit to the Bridge and 0-2 + 2-0 so far.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:52]
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 21:46 - Sep 1 with 1826 viewsStarsky

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 19:50 - Sep 1 by JethroJack

Agreed. It'll also be interesting if we keep Chelsea out for half an hour. We've got enough about us to worry them too. Keeping Fabregas quiet is the key.......would be handy if he gets a knock on international duty.

Can't wait for the 13th, 3rd visit to the Bridge and 0-2 + 2-0 so far.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 19:52]

Yep. Let the other teams worry about us and let's try and win every game we play.
Tempo is the key.

It's just the internet, init.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 21:53 - Sep 1 with 1795 viewsSCB1985

I'd take a loss against Chelsea if it meant we won the following 5 league games. We have a lucky fixture list. We need to win thoses games

Poll: whats more important to you

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:43 - Sep 1 with 1718 viewsjacksinceever

If we get a draw at Chelsea, then beat Southampton, while Chelsea fail to beat Man city, we could be Top on 20th September (counting many chickens there I know)
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:52 - Sep 1 with 1707 viewsJackSomething

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 21:53 - Sep 1 by SCB1985

I'd take a loss against Chelsea if it meant we won the following 5 league games. We have a lucky fixture list. We need to win thoses games

Well of course you'd take a loss at Chelsea if it meant we'd win our next five games. We all would. But I don't think it works like that.

" We need to win those games"? We have 9 points from 3 games so far. Have a word with yourself.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:04 - Sep 1 with 1692 viewsymaohyd

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 15:20 - Sep 1 by monmouth

Absolutely, great post.

Football is all about fine margins. For all the euphoria that rightly surrounds us at the moment, things can change very quickly.

As GM pointed out, our goal every season is to get to get to those 40 points asap. To have 9 on the board is brilliant. But after today's inactivity, a few injuries at the back (left/right back) and our opinions on how good we are, may change dramatically.

I'm delighted for GM because of the effort he has put in. Probably earning far less than ML but working ten times as hard.

As I've said on the deadline day thread, disappointed in today's inactivity.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:26 - Sep 1 with 1645 viewsSCB1985

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 22:52 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

Well of course you'd take a loss at Chelsea if it meant we'd win our next five games. We all would. But I don't think it works like that.

" We need to win those games"? We have 9 points from 3 games so far. Have a word with yourself.

We need to win those games as I think we should be top 6 this year. We may have 9 out of 9, but Chelsea is a huge test and I'd love to beat them to go top but rather win games that I see as must wins

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:33 - Sep 1 with 1633 viewsJackSomething

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:26 - Sep 1 by SCB1985

We need to win those games as I think we should be top 6 this year. We may have 9 out of 9, but Chelsea is a huge test and I'd love to beat them to go top but rather win games that I see as must wins

You think we 'should' finish top 6?

With all due respect: F*ck. My. Eyes.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:36 - Sep 1 with 1625 viewshammy

Will be interesting to see how GM sets up against Chelski. If we can get a draw or more and play well then people will really start sitting up and taking notice. This could be a real watershed game for us and who knows what we can achieve if we get a positive result.

Unlike the ML era this game against Chelski is currently in our league and we have nothing to fear. I'm sure GM will be targeting this game to enhance both his and the team's reputation even further !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:48 - Sep 1 with 1596 viewsSCB1985

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:33 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

You think we 'should' finish top 6?

With all due respect: F*ck. My. Eyes.

I didn't mean 'should' get top 6 as an expectation. However I do fancy our chances this year to get top 6.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:51]

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:56 - Sep 1 with 1584 viewsJackSomething

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:48 - Sep 1 by SCB1985

I didn't mean 'should' get top 6 as an expectation. However I do fancy our chances this year to get top 6.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:51]

Fair enough. I still think you're mental, but I like the enthusiasm.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:58 - Sep 1 with 1577 viewsSwan91

Would like us to win 3 out of the 6 games and maybe 1 draw aswell. But football is not predictable so who knows what will happen.
Continuing to accumulate points...... on 00:01 - Sep 2 with 1574 viewsSCB1985

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 23:56 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

Fair enough. I still think you're mental, but I like the enthusiasm.

My enthusiasm keeps me sane , but mental at the same time

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 03:01 - Sep 2 with 1514 viewsGlyn1

Last season. Away to Chelsea = Lost. Home to Southampton = Lost. Away to Sunderland = Won. Home to Newcastle = Won. Away to Stoke = Drew. So those people who say that we can win most of them may be correct, but we probably won't.

I'd be happy if we got 7 points from those 5 matches. And if we win against Chelsea then I think that I would explode!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 03:17 - Sep 2 with 1508 viewsSwansNZ

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 03:01 - Sep 2 by Glyn1

Last season. Away to Chelsea = Lost. Home to Southampton = Lost. Away to Sunderland = Won. Home to Newcastle = Won. Away to Stoke = Drew. So those people who say that we can win most of them may be correct, but we probably won't.

I'd be happy if we got 7 points from those 5 matches. And if we win against Chelsea then I think that I would explode!

me too

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Continuing to accumulate points...... on 07:04 - Sep 2 with 1417 viewsJohnw102

So much little old Swansea thinking here, first season in PL we were red hot favourites to be relegated, we had a good season and have now had three mid table seasons, time to push on. We have the players, manager and attitude in the team to do it. Top 6 why not, why should we not become a top 4 club? Everton and Spurs are the only top 6 clubs that we have yet to beat. We can live with these clubs so come on more positive thinking and onwards and upwards. Think like you do when getting a BJ from an ugly woman "Look up not down!"

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024