Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a king: The review 20:25 - Sep 12 with 32626 viewsPlazex

RATING OUT OF 10-No, I am being serious. A big 10.
It follows the story of Swansea from when they had the rollercoaster ride in 2001-2003 to where they are now. Some parts had the cinema laughing, especially the guys in the masks. Another part that was funny was the 'T.W.A.T.' Headline that had everyone laughing
I'm not gonna say that much, It is around an hour 30 long. Seriously, it's worth the 9 quid or whatever it is.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Jack to a king: The review on 10:00 - Sep 13 with 2143 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 21:23 - Sep 12 by Bournedore

Already on amazon for pre-order. Out on Boxing Day...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-To-King-Swansea-Story/dp/B00NEN2MW4/ref=sr_1_11?ie=

Think I'll wait until it comes on TV or Pirate Bay ....
£17.99 is a bit rich for my blood
Jack to a king: The review on 10:01 - Sep 13 with 2142 viewsjacksinceever

Jack to a king: The review on 21:56 - Sep 12 by longlostjack

Agreed - why on earth wait until Boxing Day ?

Maybe the club will pre-release in the shop first with Tony Petty doing personal signings?
Jack to a king: The review on 10:23 - Sep 13 with 2103 viewsScoobyWho

So pages hijacked by the usual suspects spoiling the thread again, Ego Central.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a king: The review on 10:24 - Sep 13 with 2098 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 10:23 - Sep 13 by ScoobyWho

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a king: The review on 10:44 - Sep 13 with 2070 viewsbalboajack

Jack to a king: The review on 10:23 - Sep 13 by ScoobyWho

Yep. Always the same story on here. I know loads who read on here and don't post because of all the crap replies.

"Sorry if it's a ferdy..." is nauseating. The fact that some people think they have to apologise for sharing information just in case it's been mentioned once before shows how things are on here
Jack to a king: The review on 10:55 - Sep 13 with 2040 viewsChief

Jack to a king: The review on 07:28 - Sep 13 by swancity

I hope at least 30 mins are dedicated to the main man Roberto Martinez. Without his input its doubtful we would have got beyond league one. As for jackett, my grand mother could have got that side promoted.

we were 1 penalty kick away from getting promoted from league 1 under Jackett

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jack to a king: The review on 10:57 - Sep 13 with 2035 viewsGreatBritton

Jack to a king: The review on 01:10 - Sep 13 by shimmie

I'm a bit pissed (cos I went out for a few after with my MATES) but I stand by every mis spelt word. You F*cking cretin.

I said in another post I might rail against poor spelling but the misspellings here are the result of passion as well as drink and I applaud them.
Jack to a king: The review on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 2001 viewsCatullus

Jack to a king: The review on 22:04 - Sep 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You've lost me. Your point was laughable though and showed clear lack of thought.

Ummm, no!!

if you get a Christmas present containing a voucher (on Christmas day, just pointing it out to you) how do you use it before the 25th?

Travel back in time?

Clear enough for you?

And I reckon plenty of Jacks will give the film 10/10 because it is something personal to us. Those of us who lived through it all will certainly associate with it very strongly. And the younger fans will get to see what happened.
It's probably a must have DVD for any true Jack.

Maybe it stopped at the Reading game because there will be a sequel. How does "From a King to the Emperor" sound?......well a bit silly really!!

I will probably find out it's my Christmas present on pre order. I can wait.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 11:38]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a king: The review on 12:20 - Sep 13 with 1943 viewsSweyns_Eye

Jack to a king: The review on 08:45 - Sep 13 by Darran

The biggest problem on this site isn't DYS it's the grown men that can't help themselves from replying to him.

You might have a point with that if you weren't yourself engaged in a continuous battle with T2C trying to get the last word. Just saying like.

I like responding to DYS crap. I don't respond to all of it, there's too much of it. Sometimes I think he needs to be challenged on what he says because he repeats enough of it so often that some people will begin to believe what he is saying is true. He's like Planet Swans 5th Columnist, spreading disinformation (DYSinformation???)

He's had repeated digs at the Trust and the film, so much so that Phil challenged him on it. He's not managed to give Phil any response to what he was picked up on yet. Tells you all you need to know about DYS.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Jack to a king: The review on 13:40 - Sep 13 with 1870 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 08:45 - Sep 13 by Darran

The biggest problem on this site isn't DYS it's the grown men that can't help themselves from replying to him.

Some people have the same problem with T2C...
Jack to a king: The review on 13:41 - Sep 13 with 1865 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 13:40 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

Some people have the same problem with T2C...

I don't I don't reply to his every poet. FACT.

Jack to a king: The review on 13:43 - Sep 13 with 1865 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 13:41 - Sep 13 by Darran

I don't I don't reply to his every poet. FACT.

I wasn't referring to you
Jack to a king: The review on 13:44 - Sep 13 with 1860 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 13:43 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

I wasn't referring to you

On a side note know in the film where Kev Johns says "the managers where coming" "the managers were going" what's he on about?

Jack to a king: The review on 13:48 - Sep 13 with 1855 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 13:44 - Sep 13 by Darran

On a side note know in the film where Kev Johns says "the managers where coming" "the managers were going" what's he on about?

I'm guessing the frequent changes in managers?
Jack to a king: The review on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 1849 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 13:48 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

I'm guessing the frequent changes in managers?

Ah right I thought was talking about the early days and it wasn't that many like.

Jack to a king: The review on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 1841 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 08:44 - Sep 13 by Uxbridge

Well I enjoyed the film. Some powerful, spine tingling moments.

Two things did slightly disappoint me though. Firstly was the rather dramatic rewriting of the history of 2002/3. Not just the Trust perspective as has been out mentioned but a few others on the board. Some people's contribution has been rather over egged but most with one or two exceptions are at least based in a smaller nugget of truth.

Secondly there's so little mention of the gap between 4th and 1st division as to make the viewer believe we only got promoted once. How can Bury not get mentioned? The playoff loss? The JPT? Even if it was just a short segment showing footage of all that it would have been better. For me that journey is more important to me than that final win.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Really did enjoy it and think others will too.

Never mind that what about the book!!
Jack to a king: The review on 14:06 - Sep 13 with 1823 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dragging the thread back on topic, I'm impressed with all the reviews in this thread. If I can pick the DVD up for under a fiver or so I may purchase it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jack to a king: The review on 22:49 - Sep 13 with 1732 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 13:57 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

The Book?
Well I have a signed copy. I had a chance to read it, I lent it to someone, and for the life of me...I can't remember..who.
Jack to a king: The review on 22:51 - Sep 13 with 1730 viewsPhil_S

Jack to a king: The review on 22:49 - Sep 13 by Swanseajill

The Book?
Well I have a signed copy. I had a chance to read it, I lent it to someone, and for the life of me...I can't remember..who.

Always another copy for you if you want it... :D
Jack to a king: The review on 22:52 - Sep 13 with 1725 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 13:57 - Sep 13 by Phil_S

The Book?
Well I have a signed copy. But before I had a chance to read it, I lent it to someone ..and for the life of me I can't remember...who.
Jack to a king: The review on 22:53 - Sep 13 with 1723 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 22:52 - Sep 13 by Swanseajill

The Book?
Well I have a signed copy. But before I had a chance to read it, I lent it to someone ..and for the life of me I can't remember...who.

You just said that mun.

Jack to a king: The review on 23:06 - Sep 13 with 1710 viewsSwanseajill

Jack to a king: The review on 22:53 - Sep 13 by Darran

You just said that mun.

Yeah, I have habit of repeating myself.
With BT, it's a gift that keeps giving......
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 23:08]
Jack to a king: The review on 23:08 - Sep 13 with 1700 viewsDarran

Jack to a king: The review on 23:06 - Sep 13 by Swanseajill

Yeah, I have habit of repeating myself.
With BT, it's a gift that keeps giving......
[Post edited 13 Sep 2014 23:08]

No comment.

Jack to a king: The review on 11:00 - Sep 14 with 1581 viewsPegojack

Went to see the film last night at Newport Cine World. A bit surreal, the studio it was shown in was vast but there were only about 10 or 12 of us watching it, and they left the room lights up, which detracted tremendously. I thought they'd left them on for safety reasons and they would go off after a minute or two of the main feature starting, but they didn't. By that time, I didn't want to get up and go to find someone to complain, because I'd miss a bit of the film. Pretty crap, really.

Anyway, my overall reaction was slight disappointment. Seen it all before in better films like the Dutch TV documentary on the Hull game, and the TV programme about a year ago which covered almost exactly the same ground.

Like Phil S, I thought it was unbalanced and missed out contributions both within the club and amongst the supporters, people like Richard Lillicrap, as well as Jackett, Sousa and Tatey. Too much prominence for one or two people too, notably the Weetabix girl. WTF?

Only a couple of 'new' things struck me, really. One was James Thomas saying the second penalty in the Hull game shouldn't have been given, it was never a penalty. Didn't realise that, and it makes you realise how close we came to disaster.

Secondly, it was interesting to hear Petty say that, when he arrived at the point where he didn't want to go on, he was ready to let the supporters have the club "for a pound, whatever, let them have a go and see what they can do with it". However, when we hear the tale of the actual negotiations in the meeting at the Copthorne, it was said he opened proceedings by asking for £250,000! Admittedly, the latter was just 'hearsay from a prosecution witness', but interesting, none the less. I wouldn't trust Petty further than I could spit.

So, my rating is 6 out of 10.
Jack to a king: The review on 12:59 - Sep 14 with 1505 viewswhiterock

Jack to a king: The review on 11:00 - Sep 14 by Pegojack

Went to see the film last night at Newport Cine World. A bit surreal, the studio it was shown in was vast but there were only about 10 or 12 of us watching it, and they left the room lights up, which detracted tremendously. I thought they'd left them on for safety reasons and they would go off after a minute or two of the main feature starting, but they didn't. By that time, I didn't want to get up and go to find someone to complain, because I'd miss a bit of the film. Pretty crap, really.

Anyway, my overall reaction was slight disappointment. Seen it all before in better films like the Dutch TV documentary on the Hull game, and the TV programme about a year ago which covered almost exactly the same ground.

Like Phil S, I thought it was unbalanced and missed out contributions both within the club and amongst the supporters, people like Richard Lillicrap, as well as Jackett, Sousa and Tatey. Too much prominence for one or two people too, notably the Weetabix girl. WTF?

Only a couple of 'new' things struck me, really. One was James Thomas saying the second penalty in the Hull game shouldn't have been given, it was never a penalty. Didn't realise that, and it makes you realise how close we came to disaster.

Secondly, it was interesting to hear Petty say that, when he arrived at the point where he didn't want to go on, he was ready to let the supporters have the club "for a pound, whatever, let them have a go and see what they can do with it". However, when we hear the tale of the actual negotiations in the meeting at the Copthorne, it was said he opened proceedings by asking for £250,000! Admittedly, the latter was just 'hearsay from a prosecution witness', but interesting, none the less. I wouldn't trust Petty further than I could spit.

So, my rating is 6 out of 10.

Fair rating, was Mal Pope around when it was all happening?

Why didn't someone ask about the £100k Stuart Roberts money that TP may have trousered?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024