Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 24932 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 19:24 - Oct 30 with 2228 viewsMoscowJack

John Moores on 19:20 - Oct 30 by Davillin

I believe Huw Jenkins was quoted at 3%, not 30%, which makes it the more suspicious and unappealing.

I think he just said "small" but I could be wrong. Either way, 30% is not small.....and it's not 3% either.

The NEXT question is, what about the remaining 70%? What's the deal there? If it moves from "investment" to "sale" if there's a clause for buying the rest. Just my opinion, of course.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

John Moores on 19:31 - Oct 30 with 2173 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 19:22 - Oct 30 by Davillin

One invests first for a return [money], and second for power [and more money is the goal of that].

Indeed. And what that return is will vary. There's basically two forms, a frequent return (e.g. dividend) and increase in capital value. Given the oft mentioned exponentially increasing tv deals then my money's on the latter.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

John Moores on 19:37 - Oct 30 with 2132 viewsmonmouth

John Moores on 19:31 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Indeed. And what that return is will vary. There's basically two forms, a frequent return (e.g. dividend) and increase in capital value. Given the oft mentioned exponentially increasing tv deals then my money's on the latter.

But the only reason for an increased capital value is prospective future cashflows, so eventually, someone will want to extract those cashflows rather than sell on their discounted future value? I honestly can't see how getting people such as this involved in ownership of the club could ever be a good thing. maybe overly pessimistic but I simply can't.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 19:40]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Moores on 19:38 - Oct 30 with 2130 viewsLeonisGod

John Moores on 19:22 - Oct 30 by Davillin

One invests first for a return [money], and second for power [and more money is the goal of that].

Indeed (and to have one of those swivel leather office chairs ).

Given that (a) Swansea City Council is royally broke, and (b) we're taking ages to make any progress on ground expansion, and (c) one of this bloke's major achievements seems to be building that baseball ground (at others expense by the sounds of it)... I wonder if it's beyond the realms of possibility that he's looking to buy and develop the ground and surroundings. Stranger things have happened, although I'm probably adding 2 and 2 to get 6.
John Moores on 19:41 - Oct 30 with 2105 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 19:37 - Oct 30 by monmouth

But the only reason for an increased capital value is prospective future cashflows, so eventually, someone will want to extract those cashflows rather than sell on their discounted future value? I honestly can't see how getting people such as this involved in ownership of the club could ever be a good thing. maybe overly pessimistic but I simply can't.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 19:40]

Not necessarily. Companies have values based on assets and future cashflows. If one goes up the value increases for when they sell on, and so the cycle continues. Same as any other company in that regard.

John Moores on 19:49 - Oct 30 with 2042 viewsjacksfullaces

John Moores on 19:19 - Oct 30 by Dewi1jack

There's some truly unimpressive reading about this bloke and his associates.
Thank you to everyone who's been having a root around.
Think those of us around during the overcast/ dark/ tropical sh1testorm days, are worried that the same could be happening again, in a reverse sort of way.
PL tv money seems to be ever increasing, makes anyone who looks like they can stay in the division a quite tasty proposition. Parachute payments don't help- sell as many good players as poss, employ L2 players on next to no wages, pocket the diff.
Think some fans will be rubbing their hands with glee, at the thoughts of Billionaires taking over and investing.
Just like QPR and our inbred cousin fans were. All happy when it happened, in fact were going out of their way to tell us.
Different story now isn't it.
No such thing as free investment, so please be careful what you wish for. It may come true and fuk the club in future years.
On the other hand, everything may work out well- eg Man. City/ Chelsea etc.
Have to believe the Trust and our board will do what's right.
If it's wrong for the club, I believe the Trust will tell it's members, who in turn can tell others, as most Trust members aren't going to sign NDA's.
May make some unhappy we're doing business out in the public arena.
Better a bit of embarrassment now than a total clusterfuk (again) in a few years time.

rigorous scrutiny is good to see.

not sure if this is a natural next step - I thought we were similar to the german model - what sort of outside investment do their big clubs have?

huw has done the right thing so many times I'm reluctant to be overly fearful of his commercial judgement, he's earned the right?

but if we can get him to be at least directly answer any concerns (and not hide behind commercial sensitivities stuff) then I would be a little bit happier.
John Moores on 20:01 - Oct 30 with 1995 viewsbermudajack

John Moores on 19:02 - Oct 30 by reddythered

Bermuda,

That scenario relies upon him getting overall control. I've no doubt that's the aim because what else could he get holding 30%?

What would be the issue for me would be that should directors sell en masse, then everything good you guys have done would have been a lie. Run the club by the fans for the fans? Claim to run the club by the fans for the fans until such a time people could profiteer, oh and undermine your Trust in a single move. THAT would be the worst scenario.

If he turns out to be bad for your club, with overall control, how do you then get rid of him? Trust wouldn't have the money to do so. You'd have to then rely upon either someone benevolent buying you out or waiting for everything to fail again until fans can then pick up the pieces.

The former would be hope based, the latter hoping for disaster.

I genuinely hope that enough directors have the courage of their convictions to reject any sale.

The biggest worry for me is all this information is delayed information, drip feeding info, analysing responses & addressing them individually. The major decisions have already been made in my book, the tailored information and the quietness from all the directors is deafening.

We have actively encouraged these money mad business men to our club, the barn door is wide open I'm afraid, Reddy is completely right if the directors sell their shares en masse, the saviours of our club will take a big nose dive in everyone's eyes.

I seriously hope that the dividends they have received already keeps the barn door shut (but I highly doubt it) they call themselves fans....

Well.... Listen to the fans... Be very careful with our club 😳 we've been here before 😈😈😈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

John Moores on 20:09 - Oct 30 with 1964 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 17:37 - Oct 30 by bermudajack

Yes... John Moores...

Had an affair which ultimately ended his marriage, although he did go on to marry her (a Gynaecologist) 😎

He Donated $30 million to grass roots sports in San Diego and also donated $30 million to build a cancer treatment centre attached to the local university

During his time in charge of the Padres they won 5 divisional Championships and lost a World Series final (to the Yankees) he fought for better/ fairer pay for smaller teams with the MLB and secured a $ 1.2 billion TV franchise.

He also oversaw the new stadium build which is largely recognised as the best most modern stadium in the MLB. He bought them for $80 million and sold them for $800 😳

Mixed feelings from fans...some say he pocketed too much from the sale that he didn't deserve... Others say he was responsible for the best period of the Padres history...

Ultimately he seems to cover his dodgy dealings in the business world with incredibly generous gestures, which in my experience, is quite common with American businessmen experienced in the art of making lots of money either legally or not quite so... 😱😱😱

He made about an 800% profit when selling the Padres [bought it for $85M, and sold it for $800M].

That after selling off player/assets, if I understand the news stories.

Can we be honest here? If you could get your hands on a billion plus dollars, by hook or by crook [and an SEC investigation that couldn't find enough to convict you], wouldn't you give a measly couple million to charity and look like a knight in shining armour? And get a hefty tax deduction to boot?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 20:26 - Oct 30 with 1902 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 19:24 - Oct 30 by MoscowJack

I think he just said "small" but I could be wrong. Either way, 30% is not small.....and it's not 3% either.

The NEXT question is, what about the remaining 70%? What's the deal there? If it moves from "investment" to "sale" if there's a clause for buying the rest. Just my opinion, of course.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-confirm-talks-potential-inv

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

John Moores on 20:30 - Oct 30 with 1870 viewsbermudajack

John Moores on 20:09 - Oct 30 by Davillin

He made about an 800% profit when selling the Padres [bought it for $85M, and sold it for $800M].

That after selling off player/assets, if I understand the news stories.

Can we be honest here? If you could get your hands on a billion plus dollars, by hook or by crook [and an SEC investigation that couldn't find enough to convict you], wouldn't you give a measly couple million to charity and look like a knight in shining armour? And get a hefty tax deduction to boot?

He even convinced the tax payers of San Diego to pay for the new stadium 😳😳😳

Keep this w@nker out of our club Huw...

We've seen his sort before 😈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

John Moores on 00:45 - Oct 31 with 1652 viewsKing_Ribena

John Moores on 19:15 - Oct 30 by Dr_Winston

"We're not looking to sell" says Hubert.

"We're looking for commercial partners" says Hubert.

"We're only looking to sell a small stake" says Hubert.

What will Hubert say next?

Let's ask Phil Stumbler

"We're not convinced that this is the time to change that set up and bring in some foreign ownership," trust chairman Phil Stumbler told BBC Radio Wales.

(Sorry, can't be arsed with that pic link thingy at this time of night!)
John Moores on 06:32 - Oct 31 with 1571 viewsdgt73

John Moores on 00:45 - Oct 31 by King_Ribena

Let's ask Phil Stumbler

"We're not convinced that this is the time to change that set up and bring in some foreign ownership," trust chairman Phil Stumbler told BBC Radio Wales.

(Sorry, can't be arsed with that pic link thingy at this time of night!)

What makes the trust think they know better? I certainly don't. There is just as much chance of the trust getting things wrong as with other board members.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

John Moores on 07:24 - Oct 31 with 1536 viewswestx

John Moores on 06:32 - Oct 31 by dgt73

What makes the trust think they know better? I certainly don't. There is just as much chance of the trust getting things wrong as with other board members.

for me it is simply they should look to retain their shareholding. the rest will sell quickly due to the vast sums of money available but the trust statement is spot on and I struggle to see why any Swans fan would think differently

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

John Moores on 07:30 - Oct 31 with 1526 viewsPacemaker

All the reports outside of the Western Mail indicate it is going to be a small investment not a controlling interest, the club are looking for investment to help us grow as a club.

Meanwhile Everton one of the least financially successful clubs latest set of accounts show what we are up against.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

John Moores on 07:35 - Oct 31 with 1512 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 06:32 - Oct 31 by dgt73

The one thing you can guarantee about the Trust is that we won't be blinded by millions of pounds in personal gains. That does have a habit of blinding some people.

John Moores on 07:54 - Oct 31 with 1473 views3swan

John Moores on 07:35 - Oct 31 by Uxbridge

The one thing you can guarantee about the Trust is that we won't be blinded by millions of pounds in personal gains. That does have a habit of blinding some people.

Very true.

Question. We have read that we were talking to potential investors.

Did we approach him or him us? Same goes with others.

Still unsure of the reasons? Are we looking for money to expand the stadium? continue to be a mid table side? or investing for a top 8 finish?

If the later are we running before we can walk?
John Moores on 07:55 - Oct 31 with 1469 viewsDr_Winston

John Moores on 07:35 - Oct 31 by Uxbridge

The Trust comprises individuals. Some won't be blinded. Some might.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Moores on 07:58 - Oct 31 with 1458 viewsAngelRangelQS

John Moores on 07:54 - Oct 31 by 3swan

Very true.

Question. We have read that we were talking to potential investors.

Did we approach him or him us? Same goes with others.

Still unsure of the reasons? Are we looking for money to expand the stadium? continue to be a mid table side? or investing for a top 8 finish?

If the later are we running before we can walk?

It really makes a difference in my eyes.

Expansion, training facilities etc will be welcome and even if it all goes wrong, we should at least be left with this legacy.

The thought of throwing more money at the team in a drastic way does absolutely nothing for me.
John Moores on 08:05 - Oct 31 with 1438 views3swan

John Moores on 07:58 - Oct 31 by AngelRangelQS

It really makes a difference in my eyes.

Expansion, training facilities etc will be welcome and even if it all goes wrong, we should at least be left with this legacy.

The thought of throwing more money at the team in a drastic way does absolutely nothing for me.

In my eyes as well.

Is it a increase in share issue or current shares up for grabs?

Extra issue dilutes current share %

Sale of current shares will show that more than one shareholder wants out?
John Moores on 08:25 - Oct 31 with 1398 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 07:55 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

That is true. However official announcements are against a sale. Ultimately the members decide though.

John Moores on 08:27 - Oct 31 with 1391 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 08:05 - Oct 31 by 3swan

In my eyes as well.

Is it a increase in share issue or current shares up for grabs?

Extra issue dilutes current share %

Sale of current shares will show that more than one shareholder wants out?

Nowhere has a share issue been reported.

John Moores on 08:28 - Oct 31 with 1387 viewsDewi1jack

John Moores on 07:55 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

Was thinking this myself.
Hopefully there's enough individuals, who can analyse without prejudice to either side, to help the trust come to the right decision/ conclusion.
Maybe some of us are over analysing. Maybe some of us are worrying about nothing.
Maybe that's got something to do with the history of the club and how close we came to extinction.
Don't think there's many who are worried about the change, because of the way our club is perceived by the media/ other fans/ other clubs. This has nothing to do with them.
Just hope there's not many who are rubbing their hands (blinded by billions) at us buying Messi, Bale, Ronaldo etc.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

John Moores on 08:30 - Oct 31 with 1367 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 08:28 - Oct 31 by Dewi1jack

Was thinking this myself.
Hopefully there's enough individuals, who can analyse without prejudice to either side, to help the trust come to the right decision/ conclusion.
Maybe some of us are over analysing. Maybe some of us are worrying about nothing.
Maybe that's got something to do with the history of the club and how close we came to extinction.
Don't think there's many who are worried about the change, because of the way our club is perceived by the media/ other fans/ other clubs. This has nothing to do with them.
Just hope there's not many who are rubbing their hands (blinded by billions) at us buying Messi, Bale, Ronaldo etc.

Well there's a simple answer here. Get involved. Make sure your voice is heard.

John Moores on 08:41 - Oct 31 with 1336 viewsmonmouth

I'm sure this must be a dull question, but if the trust sells, where does the money go? If the club were to be sold at £100m that would be 21m quid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Moores on 08:43 - Oct 31 with 1331 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 08:41 - Oct 31 by monmouth

I'm sure this must be a dull question, but if the trust sells, where does the money go? If the club were to be sold at £100m that would be 21m quid.

The Trust would have to agree to sell its stake. Unless specific provisions in place then the Trust can simply hold out.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2014 8:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024