Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 24927 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 19:11 - Nov 1 with 1283 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 13:00 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

Bollocks.

The club are more than competitive now. If we're finding it that hard to fund a stadium expansion then maybe they shouldn't have trousered £2m a year or so ago.

Money men coming in will eventually lead to money going out. The alleged search for "investment" instead of living within our means flies in the face of everthing we've apparently stood for over the last ten years.

Nominated for "Post of the Thread"!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

John Moores on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 1265 viewsGowerjack

John Moores on 13:00 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

Bollocks.

The club are more than competitive now. If we're finding it that hard to fund a stadium expansion then maybe they shouldn't have trousered £2m a year or so ago.

Money men coming in will eventually lead to money going out. The alleged search for "investment" instead of living within our means flies in the face of everthing we've apparently stood for over the last ten years.

This.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

John Moores on 19:17 - Nov 1 with 1256 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 13:07 - Nov 1 by Darran

I don't know the answer but the most vociferous on here against outside investment also reckon we should be further up the table.

Darran: I explained earlier that "investment" can be viewed from both sides of the transaction, and they are different.

The billionaire is investing [by buying and owning the club] in order to make lots of money for himself.

The club thinks of investment as getting money to build.

The two are absolutely not the same, because when/if he buys the club, it's gone, and he implements HIS version of investment, unlike the Trust, for example, who sees "investment" as money going into the club.

John Moores on 19:19 - Nov 1 with 1247 views_

John Moores on 19:17 - Nov 1 by Davillin

Darran: I explained earlier that "investment" can be viewed from both sides of the transaction, and they are different.

The billionaire is investing [by buying and owning the club] in order to make lots of money for himself.

The club thinks of investment as getting money to build.

The two are absolutely not the same, because when/if he buys the club, it's gone, and he implements HIS version of investment, unlike the Trust, for example, who sees "investment" as money going into the club.

Precisely.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 19:23 - Nov 1 with 1235 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So we are being taken over then ??

I see no takeover .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

John Moores on 19:26 - Nov 1 with 1224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 18:08 - Nov 1 by Shaky

Let me tell you something sport, the only people I patronise or look down on are those who pretend to be experts on that which they know nothing. That is to say your team, by all accounts.

Their retort is that I get everything I know from Google. And you believe that.

On that basis I find you gullible and lacking in judgment. That opinion is further based on what I have previously argued is your misguided strategy for the Trust.

Bottom line is I think you are a fool, and the fact is I don't work with fools so all this is moot.

The only positive is that some of your advisors are not always as stupid as they seem, and may be prepared to parse the runes, as it were.

I knew it. He's Australian!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Moores on 19:29 - Nov 1 with 1202 viewsDavillin

With regard to suggestions that the Trust [or anyone needing legal or financial advice] need to have as many advisors as possible:

Do you know the difference between a man with one clock and a man with two? The man with one clock knows what time it is.

John Moores on 19:30 - Nov 1 with 1199 viewsPhil_S

John Moores on 18:08 - Nov 1 by Shaky

Let me tell you something sport, the only people I patronise or look down on are those who pretend to be experts on that which they know nothing. That is to say your team, by all accounts.

Their retort is that I get everything I know from Google. And you believe that.

On that basis I find you gullible and lacking in judgment. That opinion is further based on what I have previously argued is your misguided strategy for the Trust.

Bottom line is I think you are a fool, and the fact is I don't work with fools so all this is moot.

The only positive is that some of your advisors are not always as stupid as they seem, and may be prepared to parse the runes, as it were.

You mention often a misguided strategy for the Trust but actually you are never actually able to tell us what you believe that strategy to be

As for the rest of it you just prove to me each time you make a post why I don't think anybody on here would seek your opinion because you clearly don't believe in it strongly enough

As you were

PS - Sport

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 19:30 - Nov 1 with 1198 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 18:30 - Nov 1 by 3swan

I'd love more to come out, but as with most things you don't show your full hand and have nothing in reserve.

I hope and honestly believe the Trust will be building up a case for or against what's going on and when the time comes we the fans get to know.

There does seem to be a drip drip coming from within the club, but then again I don't know who are behind the names on here anymore.

So for now I'll take everything in and see how it pans out. So far it's more negative than positive

Well the simple fact is that it's going to take a massive investment to have us continually participating in the champions league. What kind of a return is this man going to demand?

John Moores on 19:32 - Nov 1 with 1188 viewsStarsky

John Moores on 19:30 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Well the simple fact is that it's going to take a massive investment to have us continually participating in the champions league. What kind of a return is this man going to demand?

MAybe were just going to be his plaything

It's just the internet, init.

John Moores on 19:32 - Nov 1 with 1186 viewsjackonicko

John Moores on 19:29 - Nov 1 by Davillin

With regard to suggestions that the Trust [or anyone needing legal or financial advice] need to have as many advisors as possible:

Do you know the difference between a man with one clock and a man with two? The man with one clock knows what time it is.

A management consultant doesn't need a clock. He'll ask you the time and then charge you to tell you what time it is.
John Moores on 19:33 - Nov 1 with 1183 viewsPhil_S

John Moores on 18:10 - Nov 1 by _

I agree they won't...and rightly so.

Everyone is so touchy on here lately and Phil is as bad as anyone.

I've got a lot of time for Shaky, he just tells it as it is. Some just can't can't deal with that but there you go.

And Phil, I'm not trying to get to you FFS, just because I've got a different viewpoint on someone and asking a genuine, serious question. You're the Chair of our Trust remember and I know it's a difficult time but this club goes as far back for us all... So I hope it's ok to carry on discussing matters without that sort of insinuation. Happy to take this to Facebook and no beef wanted

I'm not touchy chris just dismissive of certain people with the way that they put their opinions across - not sure why you think that is touchy but I suppose each to their own

Shaky tells it how he thinks it is rather than how it really is - fine line between the two, more than comfortable with which side of that line I sit - it's by far the busiest side of it
John Moores on 19:33 - Nov 1 with 1183 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

John Moores on 19:30 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Is he demanding a huge return ??

John Moores on 19:39 - Nov 1 with 1165 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 09:57 - Nov 1 by Shaky

If the Trust know better, they should stop making statements that make them look weak and marginalised, and instead actually influence events.

Perhaps I'm just as biased in favour of the Trust as you are biased against it, but my experience in similar matters taught me that it is a very bad idea to make public statements about private matters in corporate and financial transactions.

A VERY bad idea.

I'd be concerned if I found out that that was happening, but I know enough about Mr Sumbler and others on Trust Board to recognise that the Trust are doing the very best they can with the cards they have been dealt. And given their far superior understanding of the situation -- over years of experience that you and I do not have -- they are the right people in the right place at the right time.

Before the Trust -- or without the Trust today -- where would we be? Up shitcreek without a paddle -- or even a canoe.

Support the Trust.

John Moores on 20:04 - Nov 1 with 1115 views_

John Moores on 19:29 - Nov 1 by Davillin

Why does 2 clock guy have to be time illiterate?

Why can't he be there for when one clock guy's clock stops?

Anyway, no need to go to deep into all this, I'm just sticking up for Shaky as too many want to have a pop at him, it's not fair.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 20:05 - Nov 1 with 1114 viewsMoscowJack

Jesus.....I agree with T2C and Dav within one week.

Is this when the worm turns and people start to forget personal history in order to protect the collective? Is the word "collective" actually something real, or am I doing "A Shaky"?

Seriously, there's some great stuff being written here and the passion is growing.

As someone who WAS the biggest critic of the some of the people on the Trust 10 years ago (and very disliked for it) I'm know equally willing to be disliked for being 100% behind the Trust as it is the ONLY way to protect our club from a Tan, Petty, Venky etc.

The big difference between now and 10 years ago? Now I know that the people at the top table in the Trust are NEVER going to allow a deal without the Trust having all the protection they need. That includes 25% equity and protection clauses in any new deal.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

John Moores on 20:15 - Nov 1 with 1092 viewsairedale

One thing that occurred to me that we [as punters] are unaware of the nature of any prospective business arrangement that may exist between us and a Warbucks in the future.

We all assume that it will be an arrangement as per other PL clubs where wealthy individuals buy the business and run it as they see fit.

I personally don't particularly see what materially we have that would be attractive to buy.

One thing I do know is that Huw has said that commercially we are miles behind other businesses in the PL.

Who's not to say that we are only looking for a tie up with a third party, to exploit the potential that exists with our being a PL fixture, and the marketing opportunities that could result. The business deal being the joint venture in this sphere?

Perhaps a share allocation to the newbie might be a prerequisite of such an arrangement?

Who knows hey....
John Moores on 20:15 - Nov 1 with 1092 viewsreddythered

John Moores on 19:32 - Nov 1 by Starsky

MAybe were just going to be his plaything

Heard Moores wears his trousers just below his chin.

Be afraid...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

John Moores on 20:21 - Nov 1 with 1075 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

John Moores on 20:15 - Nov 1 by airedale

One thing that occurred to me that we [as punters] are unaware of the nature of any prospective business arrangement that may exist between us and a Warbucks in the future.

We all assume that it will be an arrangement as per other PL clubs where wealthy individuals buy the business and run it as they see fit.

I personally don't particularly see what materially we have that would be attractive to buy.

One thing I do know is that Huw has said that commercially we are miles behind other businesses in the PL.

Who's not to say that we are only looking for a tie up with a third party, to exploit the potential that exists with our being a PL fixture, and the marketing opportunities that could result. The business deal being the joint venture in this sphere?

Perhaps a share allocation to the newbie might be a prerequisite of such an arrangement?

Who knows hey....

Indeed sir

John Moores on 20:23 - Nov 1 with 1063 views_

John Moores on 20:15 - Nov 1 by airedale

Who knows hey....

.....because there enough smoke out there now to see flames.

John Moores on 20:53 - Nov 1 with 1019 viewsreddythered

The problem with that theory for me is the scenario it leads to.

Seems you accept your commercial department does need improvement. So you have say this American guy get involved.

What would that involvement mean? Would it be a small amount, effectively seed money for the improvements with a percentage of improved profits?

The fact is, any team outside the big six aren't particularly popular worldwide anyway. To raise your profile worldwide isn't the issue, it's the fact it needs to be raised high enough to be able to monetise it.

Moores is someone dealing with big money. He's owned a decent sized sporting franchise in a big market.

Why would he want to get involved in investing a small amount, putting a lot of hard work in for profits that quite frankly he could get a better return on interest on his existing accounts?

It just doesn't make sense that it would be purely an effectively outsourced commercial department. I just don't see it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 20:54]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

John Moores on 21:07 - Nov 1 with 999 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Moores on 20:53 - Nov 1 by reddythered

The problem with that theory for me is the scenario it leads to.

Seems you accept your commercial department does need improvement. So you have say this American guy get involved.

What would that involvement mean? Would it be a small amount, effectively seed money for the improvements with a percentage of improved profits?

The fact is, any team outside the big six aren't particularly popular worldwide anyway. To raise your profile worldwide isn't the issue, it's the fact it needs to be raised high enough to be able to monetise it.

Moores is someone dealing with big money. He's owned a decent sized sporting franchise in a big market.

Why would he want to get involved in investing a small amount, putting a lot of hard work in for profits that quite frankly he could get a better return on interest on his existing accounts?

It just doesn't make sense that it would be purely an effectively outsourced commercial department. I just don't see it.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 20:54]

No the American guy isn't taking over the commercial department. It seems we need his money to compensate for the failure of the commercial department. Why not "just improve the commercial department"?

John Moores on 23:02 - Nov 1 with 895 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 12:51 - Nov 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well indeed so .

The club need more money in to compete, to get that you need money men to come in.

"need more money to compete"

Swans are more than a quarter of the way through the season.

are 6th in the Table after ten games [and not on goal difference],

with only three losses from ten games,

with two of those losses by 1 goal and only one by 2 goals [to Chelsea who are top of the league with a goal difference of 16 goals],

with 5 clean sheets, and "blanked" only three times, one a draw,

have not been in negative numbers in goal difference yet after ten games [first time in my memory in the Premier League after ten games].

Who's kidding whom? And why? To paraphrase and improve on Abe Lincoln's famous words -> you can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't bullshit me.

John Moores on 23:11 - Nov 1 with 888 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Im loving the idea some people have that rich people are rich because they love giving their money away.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

John Moores on 23:35 - Nov 1 with 863 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 19:23 - Nov 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

So we are being taken over then ??

I see no takeover .

You "see no takeover."

Where do I begin. I'm at a loss to find the words to answer that. But then that has all been explained repeatedly in great detail in two active threads on this board.

I intend absolutely no disrespect, far from it, but consider the posters who do see it coming -- as disparate a group as you have ever seen in agreement on any message board.

Perhaps it's best if I just let you lie peacefully in your bed of rational quicksand and avert my eyes as you sink peacefully under, leaving saving you to someone more like the good Samaritan than I.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024