Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 25199 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 13:32 - Nov 2 with 1427 viewsNeiltheTaylor

John Moores on 13:27 - Nov 2 by Shaky

"Seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened" says the bible.

I have been giving high quality advice free of charge to Phil and the trust for several years, but at least for the last 12months Phil has defensively treated that as a personal criticism, which in fairness it has increasingly been, responding with at string bizarre and incoherent personal attacks on me of rising intensity.

Therefore on a personal level, Phil can go f*ck himself. Do I make myself clear?

That said, because I am really a big softy at heart I continue to dispense nuggets of esoteric financial wisdom to him that hath ears -- it's showtime boys.

Now if you'll excuse me I was actually attempting to shut up about this, prior to your recent exhortation.

More goodbyes than Frank f@rking Sinatra. Just do one.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

John Moores on 13:38 - Nov 2 with 1408 views3swan

I have been giving high quality advice free of charge to Phil and the trust for several years, but at least for the last 12months Phil has defensively treated that as a personal criticism, which in fairness it has increasingly been, responding with at string bizarre and incoherent personal attacks on me of rising intensity.

Therefore on a personal level, Phil can go f*ck himself. Do I make myself clear?

That said, because I am really a big softy at heart I continue to dispense nuggets of esoteric financial wisdom to him that hath ears -- it's showtime boys.

Now if you'll excuse me I was actually attempting to shut up about this, prior to your recent exhortation.

I've tried not to respond but in your last few postings you have made my mind up.

A true Swans fan would do everything in their power to protect it's future. As others have said you are just a name on here among many others.. Posts on here get lost through time, if you believe that you have what's needed then contact the Trust directly.
John Moores on 13:48 - Nov 2 with 1380 viewswestx

What advice have you been giving them for several years? And why have they suddenly stopped taking advice from a trusted adviser?

#fullofbullshit
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 13:51]

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

John Moores on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 1351 views_

John Moores on 13:38 - Nov 2 by 3swan

I've tried not to respond but in your last few postings you have made my mind up.

A true Swans fan would do everything in their power to protect it's future. As others have said you are just a name on here among many others.. Posts on here get lost through time, if you believe that you have what's needed then contact the Trust directly.

Is it important someone has to be the biggest Swans fan alive to give competent, professional advice? You can see where that approach has got us with the appointment of the clubs Commercial Director.

Shaky's a real character but knows his stuff. Let's not roundly (and I don't mean you here in particular, not at all) gang up on him.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 14:12 - Nov 2 with 1318 viewswestx

John Moores on 14:03 - Nov 2 by _

Is it important someone has to be the biggest Swans fan alive to give competent, professional advice? You can see where that approach has got us with the appointment of the clubs Commercial Director.

Shaky's a real character but knows his stuff. Let's not roundly (and I don't mean you here in particular, not at all) gang up on him.

Even if he has said that he would not give his advice anyway to the trust? not letting facts get in the way of a good argument and all that

Also interested to know what advice he has given the trust in the past few years and why all of a sudden they want nothing to do with him

Assuming of course he has been giving them advice

John Moores on 14:14 - Nov 2 with 1314 viewsStarsky

John Moores on 14:03 - Nov 2 by _

With respect T2C... He appears to have backed himself into a corner on this thread.

If he refuses to privately disclose his credentials to the trust (which I would hope the trust would obtain from anyone offering such important advice) then this subject for Shaky has run its course.

Im certain that Phil & the trust committee will get the professional advice that is required during these uncertain times.

I must admit, I couldn't see the need for the trust during these Premier League years. I mean what could go wrong?
I'm renewing my Trust membership tomorrow and I urge those others that have lapsed to do the same.

It's just the internet, init.

John Moores on 14:26 - Nov 2 with 1285 viewsShaky

John Moores on 14:12 - Nov 2 by westx

Even if he has said that he would not give his advice anyway to the trust? not letting facts get in the way of a good argument and all that

Also interested to know what advice he has given the trust in the past few years and why all of a sudden they want nothing to do with him

Assuming of course he has been giving them advice

Enough!

What advice have I given?

- The valuation of the club

- The inherent flaw in the Trust's passive strategy for increasing their ownership interest in the club

- A superior strategy for increasing their stake via conducting share buybacks rather than dividends

- Corporate governance failings at the club

More generally I have yet to see anybody here who really understands the nature of professional advisory. Assuming I were to run what I consider to be significant reputational risk working with Phil's Mickey Mouse leadership, the fact is I don't have all the solutions at hand a la carte.

Off the top of my head I am more familiar with company law in Delaware, France, Germany and Poland than in the UK, and although I have seen many different situations I would still need access to a competent company law expert to bounce ideas off and sign off on.

That is the way this sort of thing is carried out in the real world, and in the absence of any level of trust between me and Phil that is just never going to work. Believe me. Furthermore there is no way I am going to explain everything to Team W@ank from first principles.

No f*cking way. End.Of.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

John Moores on 14:32 - Nov 2 with 1253 viewswestx

John Moores on 14:26 - Nov 2 by Shaky

Enough!

- The inherent flaw in the Trust's passive strategy for increasing their ownership interest in the club

- A superior strategy for increasing their stake via conducting share buybacks rather than dividends

More generally I have yet to see anybody here who really understands the nature of professional advisory. Assuming I were to run what I consider to be significant reputational risk working with Phil's Mickey Mouse leadership, the fact is I don't have all the solutions at hand a la carte.

Off the top of my head I am more familiar with company law in Delaware, France, Germany and Poland than in the UK, and although I have seen many different situations I would still need access to a competent company law expert to bounce ideas off and sign off on.

That is the way this sort of thing is carried out in the real world, and in the absence of any level of trust between me and Phil that is just never going to work. Believe me. Furthermore there is no way I am going to explain everything to Team W@ank from first principles.

No f*cking way. End.Of.

This is all quite amusing

So you have given all this advice particularly around the valuation of the club and the corporate governance failings at the same entity which is all actually irrelevant to the discussions being had (out of interest what do you value the club at?)

And the other strategies are stated where as the trust's strategy or did you just make them up? you do realise that whilst every shareholder seems to want the cash out in dividend that any other strategy will never happen? I would have thought a genius like you would realise that

Then you actually go on to say that you don't have the knowledge to assist on this occasion and that you would need access to a competent company law expert without any knowledge of whether the trust have that

Seems like you just like to be one of those typical waankers who sits back and criticises but actually has no idea whether someone else is doing a better job or not

You keep saying you are going so why not just go before you make yourself look less spineless with every post

Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 14:35 - Nov 2 with 1238 viewsPacemaker

John Moores on 14:26 - Nov 2 by Shaky

Enough!

No f*cking way. End.Of.

You give the impression of being totally bonkers!

Calm down your not doing yourself any favours here.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

John Moores on 14:40 - Nov 2 with 1223 views_

John Moores on 14:35 - Nov 2 by Pacemaker

You give the impression of being totally bonkers!

Calm down your not doing yourself any favours here.

Ok so your posts...

He gives an impression to you... Not a fact, just an impression. And you question his mental health and join in with a good few other posters who are also sticking the knife in?

Bully? You? Hypocrite!?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 14:44 - Nov 2 with 1204 viewsUxbridge

I'll be happy to act as your proxy if you have any concrete suggestions Shakes.

The funny thing is I agree with your general thrust that need experts involved when determining Trust strategy regarding any potential takeover, what the legal position is, game out the various scenarios etc. The Trust needs top class professional legal and financial advice, absolutely.

The bit where you're wrong is that you don't believe it is happening. Well, without wanting to give too much away or embarrass certain individuals, experts with proven and verifiable experience are engaged. Professional advice is sought when needed. And while you would be correct that certain posters on here are involved, there are others that do not.

Anyway, keep challenging the status quo and keep challenging the way the Trust does things. It when you wander off and lose the plot a bit that you look a bit daft.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

John Moores on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 1163 viewsPacemaker

John Moores on 14:40 - Nov 2 by _

Ok so your posts...

He gives an impression to you... Not a fact, just an impression. And you question his mental health and join in with a good few other posters who are also sticking the knife in?

Bully? You? Hypocrite!?

A nice attempt at twisting my words but you carry on as normal.

An impression is the appearance you are creating to others. I made no mention of anything else other than calming down and sticking to facts.

Shaky States he is a professional in one post then refers to the trust and others in derogatory terms. Not a way to convince others you have a valid point.

You on the other hand have no problem in twisting words to fit your agenda. I have many faults but I would never knowingly bully anyone.

Not something you could say is it? I hope you don't take this response as anything other than what it is a response to an imagined falsehood.

John Moores on 15:25 - Nov 2 with 1124 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 00:50 - Nov 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Lovely words Dav .

I'll just disagree with all that .

And agree with other threads about other threads which are well and truely spot on .

Quicksand
All alone I stand still watching from a distance
I scream as the people walk by but no one listens
A shadow different from the rest stares back at me

✌️

What a handsome bit of poetry you added there, Tom, thanks. As is the full poem.

I had never heard of Nicole Hurley, and intend to do some reading around.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

John Moores on 15:38 - Nov 2 with 1071 viewsDavillin

Pacemaker, I have not included your full post, just the last few lines, which contain something very important, in my opinion:

"The club obviously want to secure some investment but what for and at what price? We are obviously lagging behind our peers in some areas especially commercially but is this just completion of building projects or something else?
These questions have not really been answered to date. "

When I think of the huge amounts of money the club have spent since promotion to the Premier League, including dividends quite high, I have two thoughts:

1. If we were able to spend that much money, and are still in the black, when we no longer have those expenses, we should be even better off. Or are we now in the red?

2. Are we looking to spend even more on off-field projects, and need money for that, can't we just cancel or postpone them until we can pay for them?

It seems to me that the absolutely basic principles that got the Swans where they are -- living within our means being the main one here -- might be being abandoned.

John Moores on 15:39 - Nov 2 with 1067 views_

John Moores on 15:01 - Nov 2 by Pacemaker

A nice attempt at twisting my words but you carry on as normal.

An impression is the appearance you are creating to others. I made no mention of anything else other than calming down and sticking to facts.

Shaky States he is a professional in one post then refers to the trust and others in derogatory terms. Not a way to convince others you have a valid point.

You on the other hand have no problem in twisting words to fit your agenda. I have many faults but I would never knowingly bully anyone.

Not something you could say is it? I hope you don't take this response as anything other than what it is a response to an imagined falsehood.

Joining others with a derogatory remark, and let's not beat around the bush and bullshit around the twisting of your words, but calling someone bonkers is just that... Reads like bullying to me.

One rule for you and so on, is it... .?

John Moores on 15:45 - Nov 2 with 1052 viewsPacemaker

John Moores on 15:39 - Nov 2 by _

Joining others with a derogatory remark, and let's not beat around the bush and bullshit around the twisting of your words, but calling someone bonkers is just that... Reads like bullying to me.

One rule for you and so on, is it... .?

No I follow the rules, give it a go and people might take some of your points seriously.

John Moores on 16:04 - Nov 2 with 1022 views_

John Moores on 15:45 - Nov 2 by Pacemaker

No I follow the rules, give it a go and people might take some of your points seriously.

Are you the voice of "people"?

If so, nice to meet you... If not, bit pretentious innit?

John Moores on 16:07 - Nov 2 with 1012 viewsDavillin

In my years as an attorney, working often in corporate and financial matters, I never heard a single professional in those fields utter a single word of disparagement about any other professional, client, prospective client, or opposing party or representative. That includes attorneys, accountants, bankers, investment bankers, trust and bond attorneys, and "financial advisors."

I would venture to say that other professionals in those fields who post on here will agree with me. I'd be surprised -- and a little skeptical -- if anyone disagreed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 16:21]

John Moores on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 1002 viewsPacemaker

I thought you had that role sown up.

By the way this post has been derailed from an interesting discussion on an important issue yet again by you and your ego. This is very hypocritical of you Chris.

Let the people speak.

John Moores on 16:15 - Nov 2 with 985 views_

John Moores on 16:09 - Nov 2 by Pacemaker

I thought you had that role sown up.

By the way this post has been derailed from an interesting discussion on an important issue yet again by you and your ego. This is very hypocritical of you Chris.

Let the people speak.

Maybe you should heed your own self important words and not join in with the gang with a kick of your own...?

Now if you don't mind, I'm sure we both have more important matters to attend to and mirrors to stare deeply into... Good bye.

John Moores on 16:24 - Nov 2 with 971 viewsskippyjack

The difference is.. nobody has the professional or social acumen to work out a billionaire investor within the fan base... the trust can't do nothing about other shareholders decisions.. our club rests on our 'supposed' saviours.. it all depends on which shareholders want out.. and which ones want in.. if Katzen wants out.. we've got to try and buy more shares off the ones who want in..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

John Moores on 16:26 - Nov 2 with 966 viewsperchrockjack

We won yesterday but today we re still stuck in Gang mode.

Fair play though, gang culture is strong on here.

Nobody slags off my mate etc etc. pitiful.

Pacemaker seems to have come from nowhere to be an intelligent, objective, independent contributor.

He ll get real pesters for that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

John Moores on 16:33 - Nov 2 with 946 views_

John Moores on 16:26 - Nov 2 by perchrockjack

Pacemaker seems to have come from nowhere to be an intelligent, objective, independent contributor.

Right on cue

John Moores on 16:37 - Nov 2 with 929 viewsJoe_bradshaw

John Moores on 16:26 - Nov 2 by perchrockjack

Perch, I hate to break it to you but we didn't win yesterday.

It was an excellent point all the same.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

John Moores on 16:41 - Nov 2 with 897 views_

John Moores on 16:37 - Nov 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Perch, I hate to break it to you but we didn't win yesterday.

It was an excellent point all the same.

Hahahahaahahah aha

[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 16:42]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024