Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Moores 13:58 - Oct 30 with 24923 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone know anything about this guy? American businessman who wants to invest in us named on SSN.
John Moores on 23:36 - Nov 1 with 1154 viewsDavillin

John Moores on 23:11 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Im loving the idea some people have that rich people are rich because they love giving their money away.

[Another beloved myth of mine exploded.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

John Moores on 23:54 - Nov 1 with 1125 viewstomdickharry

It has been stated in the Press that the Trust are against an "investment" who gave the Trust the authority to say that? Here's an interesting question who could actually vote if the investment question were put,I think it would be the voting members who have paid their £10 membership fee,how many of those were contacted for their opinion before the Trust's statement went to press?
John Moores on 00:02 - Nov 2 with 1118 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 23:54 - Nov 1 by tomdickharry

It has been stated in the Press that the Trust are against an "investment" who gave the Trust the authority to say that? Here's an interesting question who could actually vote if the investment question were put,I think it would be the voting members who have paid their £10 membership fee,how many of those were contacted for their opinion before the Trust's statement went to press?

Christ on a bike. Do you want everything run past every member? And to think we have others criticising for not commenting quickly enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

John Moores on 00:14 - Nov 2 with 1094 viewsPozuelosSideys

Didnt we post a profit of £16m last season and a fairly hefty number the season before?

If so, why are we sitting on a pile of cash and seeking external investment for expansion and growth? Im confused.

Surely the external investment would have to be larger than the profit margins for it to be worthwhile?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

John Moores on 00:19 - Nov 2 with 1085 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 17:47 - Nov 1 by _

What he may come across like and what he actually is are two different things though, mate... The boys on the Trust are not expert in high finance and I'm sure they'd all admit that and I know they've spoken to equally as competent guys but I wouldn't want to rule out anyone capable enough of helping out, no matter how they are perceived on a football forum as.

The more the merrier because we're all on the right side of the fence over here... Let's keep it like that.

I totally agree that a wide range of expert opinions should be sought. However, as I know this is already happening, I have to disagree with your comment that it isn't happening.

John Moores on 00:20 - Nov 2 with 1078 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:14 - Nov 2 by PozuelosSideys

Didnt we post a profit of £16m last season and a fairly hefty number the season before?

If so, why are we sitting on a pile of cash and seeking external investment for expansion and growth? Im confused.

Surely the external investment would have to be larger than the profit margins for it to be worthwhile?

Because profit and cash aren't the same thing. Player purchases are spread over a players contract for example.

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 with 1067 views_

John Moores on 00:19 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

I totally agree that a wide range of expert opinions should be sought. However, as I know this is already happening, I have to disagree with your comment that it isn't happening.

Read again And, I said they "had"

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 with 1066 viewsDarran

John Moores on 00:19 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

Oh for Gods sake don't disagree with him please,you're involved with the Trust and he clearly know more than you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 with 1066 viewsPozuelosSideys

John Moores on 00:20 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

Because profit and cash aren't the same thing. Player purchases are spread over a players contract for example.

So there is a possibility that individuals are using this as an additional/alternative vehicle to withdraw funds from the club on top of the dividends? The start of an exit strategy if you like, as there is no guarantee the incoming coin will actually be used to expand/improve the club itself?

Apologies if this is a thick question

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

John Moores on 00:28 - Nov 2 with 1055 views_

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 by Darran

Oh for Gods sake don't disagree with him please,you're involved with the Trust and he clearly know more than you.

Don't derail yet another thread FFS.

You bore.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

John Moores on 00:32 - Nov 2 with 1044 viewsDarran

John Moores on 00:28 - Nov 2 by _

Don't derail yet another thread FFS.

You bore.

I wasn't talking to you leave me alone lonely boy go out and enjoy yourself instead of spending your Saturday nights on Planetswans.

John Moores on 00:33 - Nov 2 with 1043 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 by _

Read again And, I said they "had"

Sorry, not following.

I think your faith in the chief googler might be misplaced too. Difficult to put much faith in someone who doesn't attend Swans games and is merely some anonymous bloke posting on an Internet forum. The good thing is that I know that actual Swans fans with proven and verifiable expertise are helping to shape the Trust actions on this issue.

John Moores on 00:33 - Nov 2 with 1033 views_

John Moores on 00:32 - Nov 2 by Darran

I wasn't talking to you leave me alone lonely boy go out and enjoy yourself instead of spending your Saturday nights on Planetswans.

Ok cheers, how's the job hunting going, found anyone who'll give you a chance? Genuine question.

John Moores on 00:34 - Nov 2 with 1028 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 by PozuelosSideys

So there is a possibility that individuals are using this as an additional/alternative vehicle to withdraw funds from the club on top of the dividends? The start of an exit strategy if you like, as there is no guarantee the incoming coin will actually be used to expand/improve the club itself?

Apologies if this is a thick question

The stories have all been about a sale of shares. The club gets zero money from that. It all goes to the shareholders who sell their shares. Investment is a totally disingenuous term imo.

John Moores on 00:35 - Nov 2 with 1027 viewsDarran

John Moores on 00:33 - Nov 2 by _

Ok cheers, how's the job hunting going, found anyone who'll give you a chance? Genuine question.

Not yet.

John Moores on 00:36 - Nov 2 with 1016 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:24 - Nov 2 by Darran

Oh Dar mun. Does everything have to turn into you points scoring? Some things are much more important.

John Moores on 00:37 - Nov 2 with 1010 viewsDarran

John Moores on 00:36 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

Oh Dar mun. Does everything have to turn into you points scoring? Some things are much more important.

Sorry Andrew I'm out of this.

John Moores on 00:41 - Nov 2 with 996 viewsjackonicko

John Moores on 00:34 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

The stories have all been about a sale of shares. The club gets zero money from that. It all goes to the shareholders who sell their shares. Investment is a totally disingenuous term imo.

Not at all. An OAP who hardly ever leaves Texas is going to turn us into a commercial powerhouse by giving some money to our current shareholders.
John Moores on 00:42 - Nov 2 with 993 views_

John Moores on 00:33 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

Sorry, not following.

I think your faith in the chief googler might be misplaced too. Difficult to put much faith in someone who doesn't attend Swans games and is merely some anonymous bloke posting on an Internet forum. The good thing is that I know that actual Swans fans with proven and verifiable expertise are helping to shape the Trust actions on this issue.

I know that too and I'm very glad about it.

But just on Shaky, he's not anonymous to me... Give the guy a break mun...

John Moores on 00:46 - Nov 2 with 981 viewsDarran

John Moores on 00:42 - Nov 2 by _

Serious question do you know Shaky?

John Moores on 00:50 - Nov 2 with 969 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

John Moores on 23:35 - Nov 1 by Davillin

You "see no takeover."

Where do I begin. I'm at a loss to find the words to answer that. But then that has all been explained repeatedly in great detail in two active threads on this board.

I intend absolutely no disrespect, far from it, but consider the posters who do see it coming -- as disparate a group as you have ever seen in agreement on any message board.

Perhaps it's best if I just let you lie peacefully in your bed of rational quicksand and avert my eyes as you sink peacefully under, leaving saving you to someone more like the good Samaritan than I.

Lovely words Dav .

I'll just disagree with all that .

And agree with other threads about other threads which are well and truely spot on .

Quicksand
All alone I stand still watching from a distance
I scream as the people walk by but no one listens
A shadow different from the rest stares back at me

✌️

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

John Moores on 00:52 - Nov 2 with 967 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:42 - Nov 2 by _

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge on him then. I can only go on what I see. Always happy to be wrong though.

John Moores on 00:52 - Nov 2 with 966 views_

John Moores on 00:41 - Nov 2 by jackonicko

Not at all. An OAP who hardly ever leaves Texas is going to turn us into a commercial powerhouse by giving some money to our current shareholders.

Haha but that's "another" story

John Moores on 00:54 - Nov 2 with 956 viewsUxbridge

John Moores on 00:41 - Nov 2 by jackonicko

I'm sure some could think of better ways of improving commercial revenues

John Moores on 09:12 - Nov 2 with 834 viewstomdickharry

John Moores on 00:02 - Nov 2 by Uxbridge

Christ on a bike. Do you want everything run past every member? And to think we have others criticising for not commenting quickly enough.

On the huge question of "investment" the answer is yes and why not its a major decision for a major shareholder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024