Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly 16:20 - Jan 31 with 12035 viewsNeath_Jack

Banged another in today.

Go get him Huw.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Donnelly on 08:48 - Feb 22 with 1822 viewsDr_Winston

Marc Richards is a 32 year old, not a relative youngster getting his first decent run in the league.

Nice to see him doing well there. Never got much of a chance here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Donnelly on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 1775 viewsjack247

Donnelly on 08:48 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Marc Richards is a 32 year old, not a relative youngster getting his first decent run in the league.

Nice to see him doing well there. Never got much of a chance here.

Yeah. He has been a reasonably prolific lower league striker his whole career. He has found his level.
Donnelly on 10:31 - Feb 22 with 1668 viewsicecoldjack

Donnelly on 23:13 - Feb 21 by Kilkennyjack

Well done again today Rory.

Well the amount we are paying him and all the time spent here learning ,scoring goals in L2 is the least we should be expecting isn't it ?

Premier league prospect scores goals in L2 shocker ! lol

Good luck to the boy .
Donnelly on 11:14 - Feb 22 with 1637 viewsNeath_Jack

He obviously knows where the goals are, his first real run in this country and he's doing what all strikers are expected to do. How anyone can say that he won't make it is absolutely silly. I'm hoping he can really push on from here, the premier league is littered with lower league strikers who are scoring here, you only have to look at Lambert and Austin who are older than Rory. Let's wait to see how he develops before doing what Swans fans do best and write players off before they've even had a fair crack for us.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Donnelly on 11:19 - Feb 22 with 1623 viewsraynor94

Donnelly on 11:14 - Feb 22 by Neath_Jack

He obviously knows where the goals are, his first real run in this country and he's doing what all strikers are expected to do. How anyone can say that he won't make it is absolutely silly. I'm hoping he can really push on from here, the premier league is littered with lower league strikers who are scoring here, you only have to look at Lambert and Austin who are older than Rory. Let's wait to see how he develops before doing what Swans fans do best and write players off before they've even had a fair crack for us.

Super post, you'll have to excuse icecold, somebody had the audacity to question Laudrups treatment of Rory, that will never do

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Donnelly on 11:25 - Feb 22 with 1603 viewsDr_Winston

Donnelly on 09:11 - Feb 22 by jack247

Yeah. He has been a reasonably prolific lower league striker his whole career. He has found his level.

He's scored goals everywhere he's had a run in the side. Never got one here despite having two entirely useless alternatives consistently picked ahead of him.

He may make it, he may not. It's not a question that can be answered based on his time here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Donnelly on 11:30 - Feb 22 with 1592 viewsBloodyhills

Donnelly on 19:07 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Yeah right.
The whole team covered itself in glory in that game didn't they, beat 5:0 at home and then lost 2:1 away.
Did you see how many starts Vasquez and Schechter had in comparison.
Donnelly was totally ignored as soon as Vasquez arrived.
And just for the record he was not rejected by Brendan, he was bought by him, played in the under 21s, scored lots of goals for them, Brendan then left, he went on the tour with ML and scored six and ML said that he could see he had a great future in the premier
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michael-Laudrup-tips-Rory-Donnelly-shine
and then proptly ignored him.
Funny how ML didn't think he was Gash then isn't it.
You can try and rewrite history, but the Internet does not forget.

Surely Donnelly had to be better than Itay Shechter. The one goal he did get deflected off him on it's way into the back of the net against Wigan.

Anyways, good luck to Donnelly, hope he keeps knocking them in and hope he makes a successful career in football whoever he might play for.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Donnelly on 11:31 - Feb 22 with 1588 viewsjack247

I hope you are right. I have no problem with being proved wrong about players. It happened with Ki, hopefully it happens again with Donnelly.

Whoever you think was the best manager out of Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk, none of them have trusted him up front. Bearing in mind Lita, Moore, Scheckter and Vasquez all had reasonable game time in that period, it is not as if a decent prospect wouldn't have got a few games. Whoever suggested he deserved a chance because he did well on a pre-season tour, probably hasn't been on a pre-season tour.

I guess he was just a cheap punt that could have paid off spectacularly. There are far more of them doing a good job in the lower leagues than there are Lamberts and Austins in the Prem.
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly on 12:33 - Feb 22 with 1536 viewsClinton

Donnelly on 11:31 - Feb 22 by jack247

I hope you are right. I have no problem with being proved wrong about players. It happened with Ki, hopefully it happens again with Donnelly.

Whoever you think was the best manager out of Rodgers, Laudrup and Monk, none of them have trusted him up front. Bearing in mind Lita, Moore, Scheckter and Vasquez all had reasonable game time in that period, it is not as if a decent prospect wouldn't have got a few games. Whoever suggested he deserved a chance because he did well on a pre-season tour, probably hasn't been on a pre-season tour.

I guess he was just a cheap punt that could have paid off spectacularly. There are far more of them doing a good job in the lower leagues than there are Lamberts and Austins in the Prem.

Unfair, Rodgers signed him as one for the future. He was never to going to be first team pick at the time.
No idea whether he's good enough, by the way. He obviously knows where the back of the net is, but you need so much more than that in the Premier league.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Donnelly on 12:41 - Feb 22 with 1517 viewsjack247

Donnelly on 12:33 - Feb 22 by Clinton

Unfair, Rodgers signed him as one for the future. He was never to going to be first team pick at the time.
No idea whether he's good enough, by the way. He obviously knows where the back of the net is, but you need so much more than that in the Premier league.

Yeah fair enough. He has been here 3 years now though and has barely made the bench. As I said, I hope he proves me wrong, can't see it at the moment though.
Donnelly on 12:47 - Feb 22 with 1495 viewsStarsky

Absolutely.
Even fat Frank started his goal scoring career at some remote backwater.

It's just the internet, init.

Donnelly on 12:51 - Feb 22 with 1488 viewsDr_Winston

Donnelly on 12:41 - Feb 22 by jack247

Yeah fair enough. He has been here 3 years now though and has barely made the bench. As I said, I hope he proves me wrong, can't see it at the moment though.

Whatever happens he's unlikely to make the breakthrough here.

Wouldn't bet against him settling somewhere and playing his way back up the leagues though.

Donnelly on 12:52 - Feb 22 with 1485 viewsJackanapes

Donnelly on 12:47 - Feb 22 by Starsky

Absolutely.

As a 17 year old.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Donnelly on 12:52 - Feb 22 with 1483 viewsStarsky

Donnelly on 12:51 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't bet against him settling somewhere and playing his way back up the leagues though.

A bit like Monk, Tate, Britton & Williams did.

It's just the internet, init.

Donnelly on 12:53 - Feb 22 with 1480 viewsOldjack

Donnelly on 12:47 - Feb 22 by Starsky

Absolutely.

When / if he starts to bang them in at a higher level ,then he'll be considered too join the Elite i'd imagine ,it's really out of his hands all he can do is too keep banging them in
ps Prosser could have managed his tap in yesterday

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Donnelly on 12:57 - Feb 22 with 1468 viewsDr_Winston

Donnelly on 12:52 - Feb 22 by Starsky

A bit like Monk, Tate, Britton & Williams did.

Indeed.

Donnelly on 13:01 - Feb 22 with 1457 viewsjack247

Exactly. I don't doubt he will forge a good career for himself.
Donnelly on 13:06 - Feb 22 with 1443 viewsJackanapes

He better get a move on.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Donnelly on 13:07 - Feb 22 with 1441 viewsgrabsplatter

The decision will have to be made very soon though - isn't he out of contract in the summer ?
Donnelly on 13:11 - Feb 22 with 1431 viewsicecoldjack

Donnelly on 11:31 - Feb 22 by jack247

I agree and i'm quite sure i said elsewhere that i would love it if he proved me wrong.

People think he is a young kid but he is 23 yrs old so about time he started doing something.
Donnelly on 13:15 - Feb 22 with 1421 viewsDr_Winston

Donnelly on 13:07 - Feb 22 by grabsplatter

The decision will have to be made very soon though - isn't he out of contract in the summer ?

He'll probably be released and end up joining Tranmere permanently if they stay in the League.

Handy for him there. He's obviously settled quickly and it's only a ferry ride away for most of his family.

Donnelly on 13:18 - Feb 22 with 1416 viewsNeath_Jack

Donnelly on 13:15 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

He'll probably be released and end up joining Tranmere permanently if they stay in the League.

Handy for him there. He's obviously settled quickly and it's only a ferry ride away for most of his family.

If he carries on banging them in for the rest of the season, i'd be very surprised if we got rid of him like that. Would be foolish to anyway.

Donnelly on 13:24 - Feb 22 with 1401 viewsScoobyWho

He will be worth money if this form continues, you cant give away free scoring forwards, no matter what level they are at.

A number of clubs will be interested.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Donnelly on 13:30 - Feb 22 with 1394 viewsDr_Winston

Donnelly on 13:24 - Feb 22 by ScoobyWho

He will be worth money if this form continues, you cant give away free scoring forwards, no matter what level they are at.

A number of clubs will be interested.

Can we still claim some form of development fee if he leaves?

Donnelly on 13:30 - Feb 22 with 1393 viewsgrabsplatter

True, I'd be surprised if we offered him another contract but if he carries on scoring maybe a lower level Championship or League 1 side will come in for him.

I guess we'd get some compo due to his age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024