Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would welcome Michu back next season? 10:10 - Feb 25 with 4244 viewsRichythejack

Who would welcome Michu back next season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 12:59 - Feb 25 with 4126 viewsshandyjack

out of interest to those who have said no, why wouldn't you want him back?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 13:10 - Feb 25 with 4093 viewsmonmouth

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 12:59 - Feb 25 by shandyjack

out of interest to those who have said no, why wouldn't you want him back?

Because he is not going to play (injury or GM doesn't want him) and he'll cost us a shedload in wages, so if he doesn't come back then it's because someone's bought him which, with a heavy heart, I think is best all round. So I wouldn't 'welcome' him back as I think it just means a drain on resources.

If the question is really meant to be 'will you support him in trying to rehabilitate himself here when he inevitably returns' or 'do you wish he was the Michu of 2013 and was coming back because he was choosing to rather than having to' then my answer would have been 'yes'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 13:11 - Feb 25 with 4090 viewsairedale

I voted yes, why wouldn't I? But, the big but is whether his head is in the shed or not, plus his physical fitness. Equally important, is if he comes back, and I can't see anyone else wanting him, what sort of effect will he have in the dressing room I wonder?

Lot of questions over it for me, but I'm more than confident in Garry's judgement.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 17:33 - Feb 25 with 3886 viewsDavillin

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 13:10 - Feb 25 by monmouth

Because he is not going to play (injury or GM doesn't want him) and he'll cost us a shedload in wages, so if he doesn't come back then it's because someone's bought him which, with a heavy heart, I think is best all round. So I wouldn't 'welcome' him back as I think it just means a drain on resources.

If the question is really meant to be 'will you support him in trying to rehabilitate himself here when he inevitably returns' or 'do you wish he was the Michu of 2013 and was coming back because he was choosing to rather than having to' then my answer would have been 'yes'.

I agree completely.

The poll question is somewhat unfortunate. I wouldn't "welcome him back," but I wouldn't say or do anything unkind, and would wish him well and hope for his restored success. As you wrote, above.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 17:37 - Feb 25 with 3878 viewsgiantstoneater

Fit, fully committed and if GM wanted him then it's a yes from me.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 17:49 - Feb 25 with 3851 viewsWhiterockin

I would not welcome a player back who we would have to pay and will never see play again.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 18:39 - Feb 25 with 3762 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have not voted because there are not enough options in only having Yes or No.
It is all the other side issues highlighted by previous posters that need to be considered.
For instance what would be the point in welcoming him back if he could never play top level football or even football at all again (Worst case scenario).
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 18:49 - Feb 25 with 3735 viewsswanduck

Yes😘
Login to get fewer ads

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 18:59 - Feb 25 with 3709 viewsairedale

One other point that just struck me re this thread. If Michu doesn't go anywhere next season, and he is still contracted to us, then he is 'back'.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:08 - Feb 25 with 3689 viewsicecoldjack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 18:59 - Feb 25 by airedale

One other point that just struck me re this thread. If Michu doesn't go anywhere next season, and he is still contracted to us, then he is 'back'.

Exactly .

He is our player and i'd go one further and suggest that he should be back here right now being assessed by our club Doctors/medical team not over in Spain getting treatment .

I hope if he isnt returning to be checked out that we are flying to Spain to check on his progress, he is an asset and needs our full attention if injured.

We don't want another "i know better" Bodde situation do we ?

Yes i'd have him back, answer to the OP, who wouldn't want a fully fit Michu in their team, i think we've seen the last of him though.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:14 - Feb 25 with 3674 viewsLeonisGod

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 17:33 - Feb 25 by Davillin

I agree completely.

The poll question is somewhat unfortunate. I wouldn't "welcome him back," but I wouldn't say or do anything unkind, and would wish him well and hope for his restored success. As you wrote, above.

You'd welcome back the fully fit version firing on all cylinders though? Highly unlikely to happen as it looks like he'll end his career in a Ferrie Bodde-esque manner. But IF we can get him fit, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. The best player I have seen in a SCAFC shirt without a doubt.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:25 - Feb 25 with 3655 viewsicecoldjack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:14 - Feb 25 by LeonisGod

You'd welcome back the fully fit version firing on all cylinders though? Highly unlikely to happen as it looks like he'll end his career in a Ferrie Bodde-esque manner. But IF we can get him fit, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. The best player I have seen in a SCAFC shirt without a doubt.

Agree 100%

The best i've seen too, edges it over Wilf for the madness, passion and coolness in front of goal.

We have been blessed to have him and Wilf firing in consecitive seasons .

I wish Michu all the best and hope he finds a way back to form and scfc.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:29 - Feb 25 with 3643 viewsLeonisGod

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:25 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

Agree 100%

The best i've seen too, edges it over Wilf for the madness, passion and coolness in front of goal.

I'd go as far to say his technique is (was?) better than Dennis Lawrence's!
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:31 - Feb 25 with 3638 viewsNeath_Jack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:08 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

Exactly .

He is our player and i'd go one further and suggest that he should be back here right now being assessed by our club Doctors/medical team not over in Spain getting treatment .

I hope if he isnt returning to be checked out that we are flying to Spain to check on his progress, he is an asset and needs our full attention if injured.

We don't want another "i know better" Bodde situation do we ?

Yes i'd have him back, answer to the OP, who wouldn't want a fully fit Michu in their team, i think we've seen the last of him though.

The fact that he isn't back with us for his treatment or rehabilitation tells me that we won't see him back here next year, contract or not. I maybe wrong, but isn't the normal drill that a player returns to his parent club in these scenario's?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:33 - Feb 25 with 3629 viewsNeath_Jack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:25 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

Agree 100%

Wait until Gomis starts performing next year, three world class strikers in succession then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:41 - Feb 25 with 3601 viewsicecoldjack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:31 - Feb 25 by Neath_Jack

The fact that he isn't back with us for his treatment or rehabilitation tells me that we won't see him back here next year, contract or not. I maybe wrong, but isn't the normal drill that a player returns to his parent club in these scenario's?

To my knowledge it is. Why he doesn't get checked here i've no idea, i can only presume we go there to get an update on his condition, he is after all a paid employee and an asset.

Have we learned nothing from Bodde ??
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:44 - Feb 25 with 3597 viewsicecoldjack

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:33 - Feb 25 by Neath_Jack

Wait until Gomis starts performing next year, three world class strikers in succession then.

I hope so, would love to be proved wrong with Gomis, but i just don't think he is good enough for Prem football .

Please let me be wrong !! lol
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 3578 viewsjack247

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:41 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

To my knowledge it is. Why he doesn't get checked here i've no idea, i can only presume we go there to get an update on his condition, he is after all a paid employee and an asset.

Have we learned nothing from Bodde ??

Ferrie Bodde is the reason I wouldn't want Michu back at the moment. Learnt my lesson.
Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 3570 viewstwotimejack

With open arms, even if there is a slight chance he could refind his former form, in my eyes he is our greatest ever player to watch when firing on all cylinders.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 19:56]

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 23:46 - Feb 25 with 3290 viewsStarsky

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 19:31 - Feb 25 by Neath_Jack

I think he's still contracted on loan to Napoli for the season. I think that has something to do with it.
I remember Monk saying that Napoli couldn't duck out of the loan prematurely.

It's just the internet, init.

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 00:10 - Feb 26 with 3256 viewsSwansNZ

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 23:46 - Feb 25 by Starsky

I think he's still contracted on loan to Napoli for the season. I think that has something to do with it.
I remember Monk saying that Napoli couldn't duck out of the loan prematurely.

I’m sure a parent club can decide to treat an injured player — didn’t Caulker return to Spurs for treatment after he collided with the post against Arsenal.

Maybe our medical staff are no good

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 00:10 - Feb 26 with 3254 viewsSwansNZ

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 00:10 - Feb 26 by SwansNZ

I’m sure a parent club can decide to treat an injured player — didn’t Caulker return to Spurs for treatment after he collided with the post against Arsenal.

Maybe our medical staff are no good

he did
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blow-swansea-steven-caulker-return-3

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 00:13 - Feb 26 with 3248 viewsSwansNZ

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 17:37 - Feb 25 by giantstoneater

Fit, fully committed and if GM wanted him then it's a yes from me.

That’s about it in a nutshell. If the answer to any of those is “no”, then it would be a no from me too.

Who would welcome Michu back next season? on 22:17 - Feb 26 with 2971 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Michu is back in Spain for rehab.

http://www.thesirenssong.com/2015/2/20/8078451/michu-heads-to-spain-to-finish-in

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024