Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson 14:15 - Mar 25 with 11450 viewsjackharris

The Top Gear Presenter's contract will not be renewed! Prepare for Marmite opinions on him. I thoroughly enjoyed the Top Gear Specials and the entertaining Challenges, etc. On the other hand the man himself could, of course, be described as being thoroughly obnoxious. However, there is is no disputing that he, his chums and the Top Gear production crew made the BBC millions.

I also really enjoyed the documentary he did on the Arctic convoys of World War 2. He probably has many shows lined up.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 14:24]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:53 - Mar 25 with 1260 viewsicecoldjack

The BBC will be targeting a black lesbian presenter to replace clarkson as we speak.

Many gutted people in work with me, loads had tickets for the shows over here, Top gear is massive almost everywhere in the world .

It's a bit strange how the Beeb can make Jimmy saville type issues disappear and be a breeding ground for peadofiles but must be seen to do the right thing with clarkson even though its a huge cash cow for them.

I look forward to seeing all 3 of them on ITV really soon !
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:59 - Mar 25 with 1253 viewsDarran

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:53 - Mar 25 by icecoldjack

The BBC will be targeting a black lesbian presenter to replace clarkson as we speak.

Many gutted people in work with me, loads had tickets for the shows over here, Top gear is massive almost everywhere in the world .

It's a bit strange how the Beeb can make Jimmy saville type issues disappear and be a breeding ground for peadofiles but must be seen to do the right thing with clarkson even though its a huge cash cow for them.

I look forward to seeing all 3 of them on ITV really soon !

Yeah the Beeb would never sack a pedo in 2015.

What the actual f*ck are you on Icey?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:07 - Mar 25 with 1242 viewsUxbridge

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:55 - Mar 25 by raynor94

So you are condoning him smacking an innocent person in the mouth? BBC acted entirely correctly, as would any company

Innocent? The man couldn't even do his job properly and arrange a hot meal for his boss. Unacceptable behaviour.

Can't help feeling Clarkson stage managed this whole thing. Off to ITV or Sky for double or triple the money, and no need to worry about upsetting anyone. Hell, ITV would probably encourage it ... not that anyone watches ITV of course.

Shame though. I liked Top Gear. I don't think he's irreplaceable though. The likes of Coogan and Evans could play the same role without issue.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:09 - Mar 25 with 1238 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:59 - Mar 25 by Darran

Yeah the Beeb would never sack a pedo in 2015.

What the actual f*ck are you on Icey?

It wasn't that long ago ( within the last year ) the BBC were blocking programmes exposing Savile's activities.

Let's not forget the BBC also employ Diane Abbott. She of the "white people like to divide and rule" comment along with her views that Finnish nurses must be racist because there may not be many black people in Finland.

Now if it was made aware to the BBC one of their top entertainers on TV now was a paedo, they would be suspended and fired if found guilty. How much of that is down to a desire to do the right thing and how much would be to cover their collective arse is debatable.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:10 - Mar 25 with 1238 viewsDarran

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:07 - Mar 25 by Uxbridge

Innocent? The man couldn't even do his job properly and arrange a hot meal for his boss. Unacceptable behaviour.

Can't help feeling Clarkson stage managed this whole thing. Off to ITV or Sky for double or triple the money, and no need to worry about upsetting anyone. Hell, ITV would probably encourage it ... not that anyone watches ITV of course.

Shame though. I liked Top Gear. I don't think he's irreplaceable though. The likes of Coogan and Evans could play the same role without issue.

Is it the job of a producer to do that then?
Serious question.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:11 - Mar 25 with 1234 viewsJonnyTheJack

Not much of a fan of Top Gear. Enjoyed an episode every now and then, the challenges and the specials are fun but it's the same old jokes, same old setup. Some fresh blood might do it good. No doubt Hammond and May will leave too and join Clarkson on another channel, probably Sky.

He's a bit of a c*nt and people are upset about it. F*ck 'em
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:35 - Mar 25 with 1220 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:10 - Mar 25 by Darran

Is it the job of a producer to do that then?
Serious question.

The "in the field" producers are responsible for that, sure. If the case was that delays in filming caused them to be late back to the hotel, the producer knew but failed to point that out to the hotel staff it's understandable thaings could get heated. Given the amount the BBC would be paying for the rooms etc, any responsible hotel manager would have slipped the chef a few quid to stay later.

Just seems to me to be kind of incident that got heated, something happened, water under the bridge and all that.

I'd disagree Clarkson engineered it. Not like he needs more controversy, after all. Could simply just leave at the end of his contract. I'd also doubt he'd engineer it on his own leaving Hammond and May in difficult positions.

I'd supect people in the BBC wanted him out, shooting themselves in the foot finncially in the process due to not fitting the demographic the management want. Ironic really, given the show does good ratings without a prime time BBC1 slot, generates them massive revenue. It just shows how completely out of touch with licence fee payers the public broadcaster really are.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:47 - Mar 25 with 1202 viewsDarran

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:35 - Mar 25 by blueytheblue

The "in the field" producers are responsible for that, sure. If the case was that delays in filming caused them to be late back to the hotel, the producer knew but failed to point that out to the hotel staff it's understandable thaings could get heated. Given the amount the BBC would be paying for the rooms etc, any responsible hotel manager would have slipped the chef a few quid to stay later.

Just seems to me to be kind of incident that got heated, something happened, water under the bridge and all that.

I'd disagree Clarkson engineered it. Not like he needs more controversy, after all. Could simply just leave at the end of his contract. I'd also doubt he'd engineer it on his own leaving Hammond and May in difficult positions.

I'd supect people in the BBC wanted him out, shooting themselves in the foot finncially in the process due to not fitting the demographic the management want. Ironic really, given the show does good ratings without a prime time BBC1 slot, generates them massive revenue. It just shows how completely out of touch with licence fee payers the public broadcaster really are.

Clarkson caused them to be late back to the hotel because he wouldn't leave the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:55 - Mar 25 with 1191 viewsLeonisGod

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:31 - Mar 25 by Dyfnant

They need a woman, preferably ones with big tats

Exactly. That's the only way to break down the chauvinist attitudes around the programme
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:08 - Mar 25 with 1179 viewsClinton

After a chequered career, he's finally run out of road. Really crossed the line hitting that guy.
I'll get my coat

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:13 - Mar 25 with 1171 viewsjackportis

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:26 - Mar 25 by monmouth

Please say that horrendous little turd Hammond will also f*ck off to sky with Clarkson.

Best point you have ever made.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:02 - Mar 25 with 1149 viewsDr_Winston

He'll turn up on another channel earning even more for doing the same stuff. He must be laughing his arse off on the quiet, especially since he hasn't long sold his stake in TG back to the BBC.

Hell, with that and the other two also being out of contract I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the Beeb haven't played right into his hands.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:05 - Mar 25 with 1147 viewsmax936

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:25 - Mar 25 by airedale

Piers Morgan to replace possibly?

Seriously, gimme 10 Jeremy Clarkson's over Piers Morgan, I can't stand the bloke.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:06 - Mar 25 with 1147 viewsmax936

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:31 - Mar 25 by Dyfnant

They need a woman, preferably ones with big tats

Here, here

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:14 - Mar 25 with 1136 viewsmax936

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:31 - Mar 25 by Lord_Bony

He certainly is nt paid that much from the beeb if he still dives around in his fave motor..a mk 3 Mondeo..

As the OP he is like Marmite love him or loath him...I like him.

Wish him well for the future but I certainly agree he can be an annoying first class chump.

And that's basically him in a nutshell, I've never had a feeling of wanting to clump him, which is more than I could say about the likes of Brand, Norton and Morgan, there are others, but my memory is bad

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:18 - Mar 25 with 1116 viewsexiledclaseboy

So one theory is that the BBC engineered this to get rid of Clarkson, thus in the process automatically scuppering one of its most valuable shows, costing them millions.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Poll: Tory leader

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:18 - Mar 25 with 1116 viewsmax936

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 16:47 - Mar 25 by Darran

Clarkson caused them to be late back to the hotel because he wouldn't leave the pub.

Can't fault him, Im in tears when I've got to leave the pub

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:20 - Mar 25 with 1107 viewsScoobyWho

Clarkson possess every trait I hate in a person.
Racist PR ick.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:26 - Mar 25 with 1101 viewsDaggyjack

Love the programme but can't watch it due to the t*t that Clarkson is, closely followed by Hammond.
Look forward to watching it now, hopefully with a presenter that isn't so far up himself.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:33 - Mar 25 with 1088 viewsSwanzay

Looks like all 3 are leaving, happy days! Its been to predicable, unfunny and blatantly staged for far too long.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:44 - Mar 25 with 1075 viewsmonmouth

I would say that the BBC had no wish to renegotiate his inflated contract to something even more extortionate so that this nonsense has actually made no substantive difference to that.

He's given them a nice excuse to get people of their backs for not using any more licence payer's money on the big fat ugly casual racist turd though, which must have sat uncomfortably with the espoused bbc core values. To think that he 'cleverly' engineered it when he could go at the end of his contract anyway is far fetched fanboy stuff isn't it?

BBC own top gear don't they (?) so it's just up to them if they can get better scriptwriters and presenters. I would try and retain May as a bridge, let the little turd go and put some real popular heavyweights in to front it with him. They'll need a good scriptwriter and producer though, assuming Wilman will desert with his mate. No reason they can't make the brand a bigger success as it was getting very samey and tired anyway. Risky though, but I think worth it given all the circumstances. Certainly brave, and not the path of least resistance, which I'd always applaud.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:48 - Mar 25 with 1068 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:18 - Mar 25 by exiledclaseboy

So one theory is that the BBC engineered this to get rid of Clarkson, thus in the process automatically scuppering one of its most valuable shows, costing them millions.

Yeah. That makes sense.

This is the same organisation who prevented anything being broadcast that questioned Savile, let's not forget.

Grossly out of touch with their audiences, figure that getting Clarkson "fired" ( letting a contract expire isn't firing someone ) and then replace with someone more wholesome will appease Guardianistas.

Fact is, stuck on BBC2 on a Sunday evening - a generally dead slot - Top Gear with Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow has delivered damn good ratings along with a lot of money from TV and merchandising deals.

In fact, as you yourself said, it's one of BBC's most valuable shows. BBC 2's best shows generally get moved to BBC to deliver higher ratings. BBC have continually failed to do that.

It's a situation where I've zero doubt BBC higher ups hate the show, hate the concept, hate the execution but love the money. They probably believe they can shove any presenter into the role and the money will still flow in.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:23 - Mar 25 with 1032 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:48 - Mar 25 by blueytheblue

This is the same organisation who prevented anything being broadcast that questioned Savile, let's not forget.

Grossly out of touch with their audiences, figure that getting Clarkson "fired" ( letting a contract expire isn't firing someone ) and then replace with someone more wholesome will appease Guardianistas.

Fact is, stuck on BBC2 on a Sunday evening - a generally dead slot - Top Gear with Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow has delivered damn good ratings along with a lot of money from TV and merchandising deals.

In fact, as you yourself said, it's one of BBC's most valuable shows. BBC 2's best shows generally get moved to BBC to deliver higher ratings. BBC have continually failed to do that.

It's a situation where I've zero doubt BBC higher ups hate the show, hate the concept, hate the execution but love the money. They probably believe they can shove any presenter into the role and the money will still flow in.

I think you're talking rot, undoubtedly fuelled by your fairly typical tory boy right wing paranoid hatred of all things BBC (and public sector generally).

Enjoy typing the denial.

Poll: Tory leader

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 20:17 - Mar 25 with 983 viewsmacthejack

I like Clarkson. He needs taking with a pinch of salt as he obviously doesn't mean everything he says and plays up to this Farage type character that he's perceived as. Doubt he's anything like that behind closed doors. I think he gets a lot of undue flack because people just don't like him. (The joke about people being taken out in front of their families and shot, which was taken out of context to meet people's agendas, being a prime example.)

Listen to me, I sound like a right Sun reading, white van driving misogynist prick.

Ultimately if he did lamp this bloke, no matter what the bloke in question did, he has to go. End of story.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 20:43 - Mar 25 with 959 viewsbuilthjack

Can't stand the bloke, total knob.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024