Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package 17:17 - Mar 26 with 11360 viewsDarran

F*cking disgusting.
His mother goes down the Liberty at the start of the season and explains the situation with the wheelchair and says she wants the Hull game so her parents can come along.
The club rightly so say they'll have to ok it with the groundsman for him to go out and back to the centre circle.
The groundsman says it's no problem at all there's no way (because he knows who the kid is) the pitch will suffer any damage.
The club take the £500 and today ten days before the game phone the mother up and say he can no longer go on the pitch for the usual photos.
Not only that whilst all the other mascots are in the centre circle he'll have to stay by the tunnel area.

Like I said f*cking disgusting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:10 - Mar 26 with 2537 viewsDarran

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 18:57 - Mar 26 by 3swan

Darran have the family contacted

Disability Officer
Ian James
ianjames@swanseacityfc.co.uk

and give the details? and the reason why the club have said no.

This stinks.

Thank you I'll do that and in all fairness Leigh Dineen has just asked me to email him the details.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:12 - Mar 26 with 2524 viewsSwanjaxs

Whoever made this decision needs to be named and shamed!! Absolutely disgraceful! !!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 2514 viewsmonmouth

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:10 - Mar 26 by Darran

Thank you I'll do that and in all fairness Leigh Dineen has just asked me to email him the details.

Yes I wasn't being sarcastic, I thought that if he knew about it he would surely sort it out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 2513 viewsDr_Winston

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:12 - Mar 26 by Swanjaxs

Whoever made this decision needs to be named and shamed!! Absolutely disgraceful! !!

They won't be though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:17 - Mar 26 with 2488 viewsDarran

As someone just said on Twitter how are these allowed on pitches all over the world!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:25 - Mar 26 with 2449 viewsBrynmill_Jack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 18:57 - Mar 26 by 3swan

Disability Officer
Ian James

This stinks.

Get Swansea Viking on the case. Shocking

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:27 - Mar 26 with 2436 views3swan

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:25 - Mar 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Get Swansea Viking on the case. Shocking

! The club should correct the wrong

2. The club should waive the fee
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:33 - Mar 26 with 2404 viewswaynekerr55

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:13 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

They won't be though.

I'm surprised that the usual crew who come on and defend haven't shown their face.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:36 - Mar 26 with 2395 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Poor form SCFC.

I am sure common sense will prevail .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:37 - Mar 26 with 2393 viewsBrynmill_Jack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:27 - Mar 26 by 3swan

! The club should correct the wrong

2. The club should waive the fee

Agreed 100%. I wonder if the club realize they may be in breach of a lot of disability discrimination legislation, aside from hurting the feelings of a wheelchair bound 12 year old ?

I'm aghast, all that aside what disastrous PR for the club. Unbelievable

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:40 - Mar 26 with 2373 viewsSilverSurfer

This would never happen at the family club of the year
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:42 - Mar 26 with 2364 views3swan

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:37 - Mar 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed 100%. I wonder if the club realize they may be in breach of a lot of disability discrimination legislation, aside from hurting the feelings of a wheelchair bound 12 year old ?

I'm aghast, all that aside what disastrous PR for the club. Unbelievable

I agree about the legislation comments, but everything should now be aimed at making the lad feel extra special, after taking away what must have been a day he was looking forward to at HIS club
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:59 - Mar 26 with 2308 viewsMartyrman57

Hopefully common sense will prevail and if the club does not refund the money paid then a supporters collection should be organised on the day to embarrass the club and get the media to report it.
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:04 - Mar 26 with 2277 viewssnork44

I suggest the boy be made a special guest of the club, given VIP treatment with a squad member taking him under his wing as JJS did with the young boy with allopecia,which the club milked all the publicity at the time.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:12 - Mar 26 with 2250 viewsswan_si

did the club give a reason as to why he can no longer go onto the pitch?
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:25 - Mar 26 with 2176 viewsGowerjack

Disability Officer
Ian James

This stinks.

I've just emailed him as well.

I'll let you all know what the reply is.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:25 - Mar 26 with 2173 viewsfbreath

Am shocked the club would say yes and then change their mind.

I thought the club was very proud of making the stadium disability friendly.
Why should a child in a wheelchair be treated any differently to an able bodied child.

Even if the club go back on this the damage has been done.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:30 - Mar 26 with 2153 viewsStarsky

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:25 - Mar 26 by fbreath

Am shocked the club would say yes and then change their mind.

I thought the club was very proud of making the stadium disability friendly.
Why should a child in a wheelchair be treated any differently to an able bodied child.

Even if the club go back on this the damage has been done.

There's probably some jobsworth at the club regretting that decision

Will probably be in the Western Fail and on Radio Wales... Any chance for them to give us bad publicity Although deserved in this case.

It's just the internet, init.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 2098 viewsC_jack

Does he have monster truck tires on his chair?

'Damage the pitch', give me strength.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:51 - Mar 26 with 2070 viewsPhil_S

Have pointed the right people in the direction of this thread

WIll let you know what I hear back
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:54 - Mar 26 with 2056 viewsDarran

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:51 - Mar 26 by Phil_S

Have pointed the right people in the direction of this thread

WIll let you know what I hear back

Thank you Philip.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 21:40 - Mar 26 with 1938 viewsSgorioFruit

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:54 - Mar 26 by Darran

Thank you Philip.

I really hope this forum helps for a positive outcome in this situation.

This is Swansea City, the best family, community club in the Premier League. Lets strive to keep it that way.

Diolch.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:10 - Mar 26 with 1868 viewsSwanzay

What a ridiculous decision by the club, whoever was responsible for that decision needs a stern word.

Family club my ass, what a corporate type decision to make, strong signs the club no longer give a feck about 'real fans'.

Disgusting, words fail me!

If the club dont sort it out, and make a extra special effort for him on the day, after this nonsense, I will truly be saddened!

Feck my eyes as you say Daz!
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:14 - Mar 26 with 1851 viewscwrw

I'm very pleased to see so many people sticking up for this young lad and it being brought to the attention of the right people at the club. However this shouldn't have happened in the first place. The person responsible need to be taken to task over this. It was a terrible decision and a poor day at the club when posters on a football forum have to shame them into action over it. A big well done to all the planet Swans posters on this thread
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:31 - Mar 26 with 1803 viewscimlajack

It beggars belief,truly shameful. There seems to be an acute shortage of common sense somewhere at the Liberty.
That lad has probably been counting down the days for months for his big day,it would be cruel for his club to let him down so shabbily.
We,as a club,have to better than this.
No iffs,No buts,get it sorted PRONTO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024