Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package 17:17 - Mar 26 with 11486 viewsDarran

F*cking disgusting.
His mother goes down the Liberty at the start of the season and explains the situation with the wheelchair and says she wants the Hull game so her parents can come along.
The club rightly so say they'll have to ok it with the groundsman for him to go out and back to the centre circle.
The groundsman says it's no problem at all there's no way (because he knows who the kid is) the pitch will suffer any damage.
The club take the £500 and today ten days before the game phone the mother up and say he can no longer go on the pitch for the usual photos.
Not only that whilst all the other mascots are in the centre circle he'll have to stay by the tunnel area.

Like I said f*cking disgusting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:32 - Mar 27 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Viking

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:26 - Mar 27 by AndyNak

Are you allowed to give us any more info Ian? Well done mate

Hi Andy,
Internal Communication issue is all I can say and all sorted to prevent any reoccurrence.
Ian

You Stupid Boy!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:37 - Mar 27 with 1790 views3swan

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:32 - Mar 27 by Darran

It's been sorted with plenty of add ons,the young lads sister is now going to be mascot with him and several family members have also been invited along.
The lads mother is over the moon.

Well done to people at the club and the Trust that got involved to put this right.

Great news

People make mistakes, I’ll assume a quiet word will have been said, and the person/’s will learn from it.
I’ve no wish to find out who made the error of judgement but just happy that the lad and family are satisfied with the outcome
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:38 - Mar 27 with 1784 viewsWarwickHunt

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:12 - Mar 27 by waynekerr55

I thought our marketing department had been to college to study 'marketing'

A relative read a book on it.

F*cking staggering.
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 1726 viewsDewi1jack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:12 - Mar 27 by waynekerr55

Thank God they didn't study Diplomacy and go work for the government

We'd be in the middle of a full scale war by now

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 14:22 - Mar 27 with 1691 viewsDafyddHuw

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:32 - Mar 27 by Darran

It's been sorted with plenty of add ons,the young lads sister is now going to be mascot with him and several family members have also been invited along.

Well done to people at the club and the Trust that got involved to put this right.

Excellent news. Shouldn't have happened in the first place though.

Wouldn't have happened at a family club.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 14:23]
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 14:34 - Mar 27 with 1625 viewsAndyNak

Thanks Ian & Darran - I didn't mean to find out what went wrong, more what had been offered which Darran confirmed. Great news and great that processes have been put in place so this doesn't happen again. Well done Darran, Ian, Phil and everyone else.

Lets make sure he has a huge cheer when the young lad and his sister go on the pitch!

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:10 - Mar 27 with 1557 viewsScoobyWho

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:38 - Mar 27 by WarwickHunt

A relative read a book on it.

F*cking staggering.

👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:18 - Mar 27 with 1536 viewsSwanseajill

Now it's all cleared up, I presume that golf buggies with stretchers, and 20 foot infra red heaters that roam the pitch on occasions will be banned forthwith.

Whoever made that awful decision will be aware that 'Jacks' are a force to be reckoned. with.
Login to get fewer ads

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:29 - Mar 27 with 1522 viewsicecoldjack

The club sure as hell know how to shoot themselves in the foot, they've just come across as a bunch of non caring money grabbing ar%eholes lately .

For one small moment that kid gets to feel 10ft tall and no different to any other mascot meeting his heroes and some tw@t decides to put a stop to it.

Quite frankly im fooking fuming that somebody somewhere working under the banner of SCFC gets to emotionally hurt this boy and his family beccause they either don't give a fook or are too stupid to realise how important these l things are to people, either way they should not even be employed by us if they are that clueless.

A fooking joke, and not a funny one , disgusting from our club and they need to fix it ASAP.
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:39 - Mar 27 with 1505 viewsStarsky

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:29 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

The club sure as hell know how to shoot themselves in the foot, they've just come across as a bunch of non caring money grabbing ar%eholes lately .

For one small moment that kid gets to feel 10ft tall and no different to any other mascot meeting his heroes and some tw@t decides to put a stop to it.

Quite frankly im fooking fuming that somebody somewhere working under the banner of SCFC gets to emotionally hurt this boy and his family beccause they either don't give a fook or are too stupid to realise how important these l things are to people, either way they should not even be employed by us if they are that clueless.

A fooking joke, and not a funny one , disgusting from our club and they need to fix it ASAP.

I can tell you haven't read the whole thread Icy

Hope the lad and his family have a fantastic day to remember... And the other mascots too...

It's just the internet, init.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:47 - Mar 27 with 1491 viewsicecoldjack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:39 - Mar 27 by Starsky

I can tell you haven't read the whole thread Icy

Hope the lad and his family have a fantastic day to remember... And the other mascots too...

Read the first 2 pages mun ! lol

I'm glad its all sorted out, made up for the kid and his family but it makes you wonder if they (the club)can get basic things like this badly wrong what else is being totally fooked up by some numpty behind the scenes ?

Terrible that it needed to apparently get highlighted on the net for any kind of response to take place .

Thanks to those (Darran etc ) for bringing it out there .
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:53 - Mar 27 with 1478 viewsStarsky

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 15:47 - Mar 27 by icecoldjack

Read the first 2 pages mun ! lol

I'm glad its all sorted out, made up for the kid and his family but it makes you wonder if they (the club)can get basic things like this badly wrong what else is being totally fooked up by some numpty behind the scenes ?

Terrible that it needed to apparently get highlighted on the net for any kind of response to take place .

Thanks to those (Darran etc ) for bringing it out there .

It's just the internet, init.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 16:33 - Mar 27 with 1412 viewsDafyddHuw

Your best ever thread Darran. Top result too.
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 16:52 - Mar 27 with 1385 viewsgreengloves

They did mush, but it was Swansea College!!!
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 1366 viewsGlyn1

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 16:33 - Mar 27 by DafyddHuw

Yes. A lot of credit should go to Darran for publicising this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:06 - Mar 27 with 1356 viewsOldjack

Nice one scruff ,at the end of the day it should never have had to come too this , ,bit more common sense next time you massive tits

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:09 - Mar 27 with 1350 viewsScoobyWho

I hope the initial decision maker gets some equal ops training as a result of this too, what makes people think like this is beyond me . At least it finished positiely, nice one Darran.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:10 - Mar 27 with 1352 viewsmax936

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:06 - Mar 27 by Oldjack

Nice one scruff ,at the end of the day it should never have had to come too this , ,bit more common sense next time you massive tits

Well said Alan.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 1345 viewsswan_si

so who fecked up? the club as taken a lot of shite over this, and rightly so, but how did it go this far???
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:24 - Mar 27 with 1325 viewsFlashberryjack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 16:52 - Mar 27 by greengloves

They did mush, but it was Swansea College!!!

Yeah! More like Swansea market

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 1281 viewscimlajack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 16:33 - Mar 27 by DafyddHuw

This
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 18:03 - Mar 27 with 1245 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I love a happy ending

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 18:19 - Mar 27 with 1220 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Dazza 👍 . Lets all give this young man a cheer that he will never forget. Our club is for everyone.

Beware of the Risen People

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:47 - Mar 27 with 1127 viewsGowerjack

Well done all round

A massive shame it had to happen but the right result at the end.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 20:00 - Mar 27 with 1100 viewsdameedna

mother should take what is offered and go to the press with a good news story
the public can then judge the operations of the marketing dept and see some happy people
i am not sure i would be happy at all with the outcome, but each to her own
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024