Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread 20:33 - Apr 7 with 84670 viewsexiledclaseboy

About time we had one and it's got the word "official" in the title so that makes all the difference. If a mod wants to sticky it, feel free.

I seem to remember that five years ago (on the old, better Planet Swans) we got to nearly 100 pages and then another 60odd with the "aftermath" thread. They were good fun but there were more posters then and we were all a bit more tolerant of others' views. Let's try to be nice to each other, eh.

Anyway, best site for opinion polls is this one in my experience:

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Polls are so tight the only conclusion is that the Tories and Labour are head to head nationwide. Can't put a whisker between them.

Tories need about 39-40% for an overall majority. Labour will probably get one on 36-37%. God bless our ridiculous voting system.

So, enjoy yourselves. I'll start with a prediction. Labour to win most seats but slightly fewer votes than the Tories and end up forming some kind of minority government with support from various parliamentary lefties on a vote by vote basis. And then all of a sudden many Tory supporters will discover that they've always hated first past the post and can't understand why we perpetuate a system under which the party which more people voted for than any other can lose the election. It'll be quite funny and lead to calls for a proper voting system. Which everyone will forget about in six months when all the fuss has died down.

What say you?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:46 - Apr 23 with 1598 viewstrampie

Allegiance to the Welsh national cause Lohengrin and those feet were in shoes that recently went for 250 nicker apparently at auction, building up quite a fanbase I would say, it maybe a small and dedicated fanbase or then again it might grow into something bigger we shall see in time.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 15:48]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:00 - Apr 23 with 1580 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 15:46 - Apr 23 by trampie

Allegiance to the Welsh national cause Lohengrin and those feet were in shoes that recently went for 250 nicker apparently at auction, building up quite a fanbase I would say, it maybe a small and dedicated fanbase or then again it might grow into something bigger we shall see in time.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 15:48]

Your Mrs is going to go mad when she catches you sniffing them in the box room.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:02 - Apr 23 with 1575 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 16:28 - Apr 23 with 1553 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood tells an audience in North Wales today ''Devolution from London cannot stop at Cardiff Bay''.

You tell them girl, a Gogtastic showing by all accounts by the lovely Leanne, Wales, Wales, Wales.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:31 - Apr 23 with 1531 viewsexiledclaseboy

There's nothing more boring than rival nationalists discussing their own anachronism and irrelevance at great length.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:39 - Apr 23 with 1523 viewstrampie

You seem very jealous of Lohengrin and myself's tete a tete, as this is the second time you have complained, its not our fault if you don't understand what we are talking about, you are quite welcome to talk about the British unionist parties if you like, but once you are into discussing the relative merits of Plaid then talking about the British unionist parties is very boring.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:46 - Apr 23 with 1517 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:39 - Apr 23 by trampie

You seem very jealous of Lohengrin and myself's tete a tete, as this is the second time you have complained, its not our fault if you don't understand what we are talking about, you are quite welcome to talk about the British unionist parties if you like, but once you are into discussing the relative merits of Plaid then talking about the British unionist parties is very boring.

Ha, I like you, trampie. I understand you perfectly well, I've been debating all kinds of issues with Lohengrin for years. I'm not trying to censor you, I'm just pointing out that you're irrelevant to all except about the one tenth of people in Wales who will vote Plaid. And I have no time for nationalism.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:48 - Apr 23 with 1514 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:31 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

There's nothing more boring than rival nationalists discussing their own anachronism and irrelevance at great length.

You leave my great length out of it, you stinker.

You got to love old Tramps, mun. He's mad as a hatter!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:23 - Apr 23 with 1486 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 17:46 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

Ha, I like you, trampie. I understand you perfectly well, I've been debating all kinds of issues with Lohengrin for years. I'm not trying to censor you, I'm just pointing out that you're irrelevant to all except about the one tenth of people in Wales who will vote Plaid. And I have no time for nationalism.

But Plaid are the least nationalistic party going, its the Brit Nats [Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems, UKIP, BNP etc] that are the real nationalists.

Don't believe what the disingenuous Labour party tells people in South Wales about Plaid, they will say any nonsense to try and prevent Plaid getting a foothold in South Wales.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:35 - Apr 23 with 1471 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 09:38 - Apr 23 by trampie

I wonder if we are about to see a mini Plaid surge, you would thing the demographics are against them but they are getting a lot of positive comments from people on social media which is content the national media have no influence over, the national media can influence people but people that have not been influenced they cant seem to stop them posting their views, a mini Welsh Spring perhaps, the Welsh dragon isn't awakening yet but there might be signs that the long sleep is coming to an end.

You do realise that if you follow accounts on social media that share your particular political beliefs then they are generally going to be positive toward your leader but not representative of the nation as whole don't you? Otherwise I could look at my twitter timeline and believe that the Tories, Lib Dems & Ukips are going to be wiped out completely.

I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health if Plaid only have 2 seats in Parliament on May 8th.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:37 - Apr 23 with 1469 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:35 - Apr 23 by Cottsy

You do realise that if you follow accounts on social media that share your particular political beliefs then they are generally going to be positive toward your leader but not representative of the nation as whole don't you? Otherwise I could look at my twitter timeline and believe that the Tories, Lib Dems & Ukips are going to be wiped out completely.

I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health if Plaid only have 2 seats in Parliament on May 8th.

I think his head may explode...

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:39 - Apr 23 with 1467 viewsCottsy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:23 - Apr 23 by trampie

But Plaid are the least nationalistic party going, its the Brit Nats [Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems, UKIP, BNP etc] that are the real nationalists.

Don't believe what the disingenuous Labour party tells people in South Wales about Plaid, they will say any nonsense to try and prevent Plaid getting a foothold in South Wales.

The Welsh Nationalists are the least nationalistic party?

Ok then...

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:46 - Apr 23 with 1454 viewsperchrockjack

I recall many monoglot welsh people actually despising plaid and not being that keen on the language ,this particularly in old industrial heartlands like Swansea ..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:49 - Apr 23 with 1449 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:39 - Apr 23 by Cottsy

The Welsh Nationalists are the least nationalistic party?

Ok then...

You only have to look at the parties on immigration, defence and foreign policy, Ms Wood has talked about the two different types of nationalism [today in fact], exclusionary nationalism and Plaid progressive civic nationalism.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:53 - Apr 23 with 1442 viewsperchrockjack

Does she describe her self as Ms .

Is she still treading the poorest partook the country path

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:54 - Apr 23 with 1440 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:46 - Apr 23 by perchrockjack

I recall many monoglot welsh people actually despising plaid and not being that keen on the language ,this particularly in old industrial heartlands like Swansea ..

Yes not just Swansea but across South Wales, falsehoods were spread decades and decades ago by the Labour party to frighten people and it worked, Swansea people particularly are very very scared of Plaid supporters.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:56 - Apr 23 with 1435 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:49 - Apr 23 by trampie

You only have to look at the parties on immigration, defence and foreign policy, Ms Wood has talked about the two different types of nationalism [today in fact], exclusionary nationalism and Plaid progressive civic nationalism.

She doesn't know what she's talking about.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:57 - Apr 23 with 1434 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:54 - Apr 23 by trampie

Yes not just Swansea but across South Wales, falsehoods were spread decades and decades ago by the Labour party to frighten people and it worked, Swansea people particularly are very very scared of Plaid supporters.

Most of the casual Plaid voter are just confused. "I'm not voting Labour again, bloody useless lefties. I'm voting Plaid this time instead."

Doh.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:06 - Apr 23 with 1423 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:56 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

She doesn't know what she's talking about.

Its not 1925 anymore Lohengrin and she is the leader, there is no disputing she and the party are civic nationalists, the attitude is very much if you live in Wales and then you are Welsh then come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 19:18]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:08 - Apr 23 with 1419 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:06 - Apr 23 by trampie

Its not 1925 anymore Lohengrin and she is the leader, there is no disputing she and the party are civic nationalists, the attitude is very much if you live in Wales and then you are Welsh then come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here.

What if you live in Wales and aren't Welsh?

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:15 - Apr 23 with 1408 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 18:57 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

Most of the casual Plaid voter are just confused. "I'm not voting Labour again, bloody useless lefties. I'm voting Plaid this time instead."

Doh.

I wont say there is no such thing as a casual Plaid supporter, there may be some in the South but there are lots of Plaid supporters that are hardcore and in it for the long haul.

I did meet a guy the other week that had only been Plaid for 10 years mind, a lot are 30 years in the area I am from [after Labour became right wing].

In the West and North a lot go way way back.

And there is a lot of support for Plaid from the young, the rise of Welsh medium schools is a fertile ground for future Plaid voters/ first time voters etc and those schools have been increasing in number in recent years.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:17 - Apr 23 with 1402 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:08 - Apr 23 by exiledclaseboy

What if you live in Wales and aren't Welsh?

Sorry my mistake, I meant to say if you live in Wales 'then' you are Welsh, me bad, I left the word 'then' out, apologies.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 19:20]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:22 - Apr 23 with 1384 viewsLohengrin

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:06 - Apr 23 by trampie

The State is a creation of the Nation, not the other way around. Language, Literature, distinct traditions and cultural mores are the organic culmination of millenia, Trampie. It's not a case of tag and you're it!

I've read more than enough Mill and Bentham to know that Civic Nationalism is an idea in the abstract; a real Nation is flesh, blood and bone.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 19:24]

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:41 - Apr 23 with 1312 viewstrampie

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 19:22 - Apr 23 by Lohengrin

The State is a creation of the Nation, not the other way around. Language, Literature, distinct traditions and cultural mores are the organic culmination of millenia, Trampie. It's not a case of tag and you're it!

I've read more than enough Mill and Bentham to know that Civic Nationalism is an idea in the abstract; a real Nation is flesh, blood and bone.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2015 19:24]

Half of Moenchenglabach is over here and have been for centuries and centuries the Welsh will be in a minority in the corner of Britannia known as Wales in a short space of time.

How can the true indigenous 'flesh, blood and bone' rule their own patch when they are overrun, they have no choice but to be all inclusive and embrace civic nationalism, cultural went a millennium ago, Leanne needs to lead the fight to get as much devolution/independence as soon as possible so that Welsh institutions can be set up before its too late.

The Official Planet Swans General Election 2015 Thread on 21:58 - Apr 23 with 1296 viewstrampie

Out of the 7 leaders of the main parties [Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Farage, Sturgeon, Bennett and Wood], in a poll out today Ms Wood has hit the front with the highest approval ratings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024