Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kenji Gorre 08:43 - Apr 22 with 4997 viewsswanskid95

Very impressive in the U21 team this season, looking like he's in the verge of the first team, but the question is, do you call him up now, or do you loan him out?

I like the idea of loaning him to Den Haag, he's Dutch and it's a great leauge for young players to pick up first team playing time, the leauge is full
If great potential.
kenji Gorre on 08:56 - Apr 22 with 3975 viewsdcd14

IMO he is not anywhere close to being ready for the first team.

A loan would be good for him but I don't think he's anywhere near the level for Den Haag either.
kenji Gorre on 09:36 - Apr 22 with 3902 viewsJackSomething

I've not been to any U21 games, but the reports from those on here who have suggest he looks a long way from the first team. A loan to a decent quality Football League side for the first half of next season would seem to be the logical next step. Or a loan spell abroad.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

kenji Gorre on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 3839 viewsairedale

kenji Gorre on 09:36 - Apr 22 by JackSomething

I've not been to any U21 games, but the reports from those on here who have suggest he looks a long way from the first team. A loan to a decent quality Football League side for the first half of next season would seem to be the logical next step. Or a loan spell abroad.

I reckon you're right there, I think that any of our youngsters with potential should be sent to play in the real world. To be fair, since Monk has been IC, there does seem to be a move towards that.
kenji Gorre on 13:27 - Apr 22 with 3602 viewsScoobyWho

I go to a lot of u21 games, Gorre masks his relatively poor performances by scoring goals, his contribution can be very limited. He has great pace, superb finishing, at times. But little else that fits the Swansea style of playing. I would say he needs one more season in the reserves and introduction to the first team next year. But only if he has understood his role better in a Swansea side, and displays that understanding on the pitch far more than he does.

He has his families support around him, some may know his mother is one of the publicity seeking women on Housewives of Cheshire or something like that. So her desire for him to succeed may be bigger than his financially.

Im wondering if he understands the crossroads he is at, the Donnelly way or the Swansea way.
I suppose it is a blessing mind that he hasn't whipped his Uncle Bob out and had it plastered over the Internet.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

kenji Gorre on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 3373 viewsLeonisGod

kenji Gorre on 13:27 - Apr 22 by ScoobyWho

I go to a lot of u21 games, Gorre masks his relatively poor performances by scoring goals, his contribution can be very limited. He has great pace, superb finishing, at times. But little else that fits the Swansea style of playing. I would say he needs one more season in the reserves and introduction to the first team next year. But only if he has understood his role better in a Swansea side, and displays that understanding on the pitch far more than he does.

He has his families support around him, some may know his mother is one of the publicity seeking women on Housewives of Cheshire or something like that. So her desire for him to succeed may be bigger than his financially.

Im wondering if he understands the crossroads he is at, the Donnelly way or the Swansea way.
I suppose it is a blessing mind that he hasn't whipped his Uncle Bob out and had it plastered over the Internet.

I always find the 'he does nothing but score goals' argument a bit strange. I completely get where you are coming from, but as goals are the hardest thing to come by and are the difference between success and failure I still have a chuckle every time someone uses that line. I haven't seen him play though so you're much better placed to know what he's like.

Housewives of Cheshire ffs!
kenji Gorre on 01:04 - Apr 23 with 3105 viewsScoobyWho

kenji Gorre on 19:12 - Apr 22 by LeonisGod

I always find the 'he does nothing but score goals' argument a bit strange. I completely get where you are coming from, but as goals are the hardest thing to come by and are the difference between success and failure I still have a chuckle every time someone uses that line. I haven't seen him play though so you're much better placed to know what he's like.

Housewives of Cheshire ffs!

Unlike Bony who offered some very decent defensive options at set pieces, Gorre doesn't seem to manage his game in any way that to me is reflective of the Swansea style of play. That seems to be the issue. Matt Grimes on the other hand does, he has superb vision and real class. He also passes and moves the game forwards quickly and also has an eye for an opportunity. Reserve games are good for noting the coaching reaction to players and Gorre does seem to rile them at times. And then he does an extraordinary thing or scores an opportunist goal with sheer pace and skill it's easy to forgive him.

Thing is can we afford it.

kenji Gorre on 08:56 - Apr 23 with 2988 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The only info I know of him is reading stuff on here.

Why not give him a go at the end of the season, not going to ruin him, is it?

If Bafe doesn't make it back this season, then Gorre could be a wildcard option upfront instead of Olivera/Emnes.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

kenji Gorre on 23:12 - Apr 23 with 2834 viewsjackrabbit

I was thinking about this on the weekend when I saw the exciting young prospect, 19 year old Jack Grealish put in a star-studded performance for Villa against Liverpool. Where are our equivalent young talents? I witnessed a very promising debut by Matt Grimes recently and a similar stint by Fulton earlier in the season. A club of Swans's size must be able to call on upcoming young talent and that means a thriving academy. I've not seen Gorre but he sounds like one for the future - however, where are the ones for the present? We need more Ben Davies's, - oven ready for the Premier League.
As we become more and more established as a PL club, and are the only club of that status, west of a line drawn from Southampton to Birmingham, then I would expect us to be a natural attraction for any young talent in S. Wales and the West of England. Time will tell.
Login to get fewer ads

kenji Gorre on 00:30 - Apr 24 with 2792 viewsDull1Thomas

kenji Gorre on 13:27 - Apr 22 by ScoobyWho

'Gorre masks his relatively poor performances by scoring goals, his contribution can be very limited.'

That could be Jonjo - apart from the scoring goals bit.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

kenji Gorre on 04:33 - Apr 24 with 2756 viewsnyc_swans

"We need more Ben Davies's, - oven ready for the Premier League."

when Neil Taylor went down to injury and Davies was brought in, most assumed he would struggle badly. I don't remember hearing glowing reports about him when he was on the U-21s. Sometimes a player gets his chance and embraces it and thrives. I think you just have to give the player and opportunity and see if he sinks or swims. These last 5 games would be a good opportunity for a few of these youngster. They may not be afforded the opportunity next season.
kenji Gorre on 06:52 - Apr 24 with 2713 viewshobo

kenji Gorre on 08:56 - Apr 23 by AustinIsOurHero

The only info I know of him is reading stuff on here.

Why not give him a go at the end of the season, not going to ruin him, is it?

If Bafe doesn't make it back this season, then Gorre could be a wildcard option upfront instead of Olivera/Emnes.

Why play him out of position though?
kenji Gorre on 08:38 - Apr 24 with 2648 viewsJackSomething

kenji Gorre on 04:33 - Apr 24 by nyc_swans

when Neil Taylor went down to injury and Davies was brought in, most assumed he would struggle badly. I don't remember hearing glowing reports about him when he was on the U-21s. Sometimes a player gets his chance and embraces it and thrives. I think you just have to give the player and opportunity and see if he sinks or swims. These last 5 games would be a good opportunity for a few of these youngster. They may not be afforded the opportunity next season.

I don't disagree with your point, but Davies had been heavily involved in friendlies, came off the bench against West Ham and played the full 90 minutes in the League Cup against Barnsley, all before Taylor was injured.

I hadn't heard much about him before that season, but it's clear he'd been identified as a first-team player during preseason.

kenji Gorre on 11:52 - Apr 24 with 2601 viewsjeza739

Gorre is our player with potential to score goals. Olivier's is not our player (who I will be amazed and dismayed if we offer a contract too) and shows little or no potential. We are safe, let's give the lad the last 5 games, he may do a Ben Davies and surprise us all. And for the other posters info I don't recall Jason Scotland doing a great deal apart from score! And I for one have no problem with that, goals win games
kenji Gorre on 12:30 - Apr 24 with 2577 viewsDafyddHuw

I think the OP's a flake.m I've seen a few U21s this season and he's been meh in most of them.

OP - exactly which U21 matches have you been to to see him be "very impressive" and "looking like he's on the verge of the first team"?
kenji Gorre on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 2555 viewsJackSomething

kenji Gorre on 11:52 - Apr 24 by jeza739

Gorre is our player with potential to score goals. Olivier's is not our player (who I will be amazed and dismayed if we offer a contract too) and shows little or no potential. We are safe, let's give the lad the last 5 games, he may do a Ben Davies and surprise us all. And for the other posters info I don't recall Jason Scotland doing a great deal apart from score! And I for one have no problem with that, goals win games

The 'Scotland did nothing apart from score goals' myth again? I look forward to Wilf being tarred with the same brush in years to come.

kenji Gorre on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 2518 viewsClinton

Im not sure there's much benefit to our players from some of the loans we have seen this season. I suppose only time will tell but most of our players are loaned out to teams towards the bottom of their respective leagues (Yeovil, Orient, Fulham and Tranmere for example). I dont see how players benefit from being to sent to play poor quality football for teams who are struggling badly. Indeed it could be a very negative experience.
Some have also been injured at these clubs.
Admittedly, these players may be on the way out of Swansea anyway, or maybe the thought is that they can see how the other half lives in footballing terms. It could incentivise them to up their game when they come back. Thats the only benefit I can see.
In general, Id prefer us to have strong links with two or three clubs, call them feeder clubs if you like. We could link with clubs who we know play good football and loan U21 and fringe squad players out to them, and maybe give some of their best the chance to train with ours occasionally to see how it works at the top level.
On balance

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

kenji Gorre on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 2466 viewsDull1Thomas

kenji Gorre on 04:33 - Apr 24 by nyc_swans

Of course we had an experienced manager, then, who was prepared let youth flourish (even Donnelley was given opportunities!).
Last Saturday was the ideal opportunity for Hanley to be given his first team debut, Grimes too could have made an appearance (surely either or both could have provided the kick we needed)..

I fear until Monk has his precious 48 points we will keep seeing the same old, same old.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2015 15:03]

kenji Gorre on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 2448 viewsJackSomething

kenji Gorre on 15:01 - Apr 24 by Dull1Thomas

Of course we had an experienced manager, then, who was prepared let youth flourish (even Donnelley was given opportunities!).
Last Saturday was the ideal opportunity for Hanley to be given his first team debut, Grimes too could have made an appearance (surely either or both could have provided the kick we needed)..

I fear until Monk has his precious 48 points we will keep seeing the same old, same old.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2015 15:03]

From memory, Laudrup gave a first-team chance to Davies and Donnelly. If you're feeling generous, you could include Jazz, but he made his debut in 2009.

Monk has given a first-team chance to Fulton, King, Barrow, Grimes and Sheehan.

Aye, Laudrup really let youth flourish in contrast to Monk didn't he?

kenji Gorre on 16:51 - Apr 24 with 2385 viewsDull1Thomas

kenji Gorre on 15:15 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

From memory, Laudrup gave a first-team chance to Davies and Donnelly. If you're feeling generous, you could include Jazz, but he made his debut in 2009.

Monk has given a first-team chance to Fulton, King, Barrow, Grimes and Sheehan.

Aye, Laudrup really let youth flourish in contrast to Monk didn't he?

Point taken
Sheehan & Grimes 19 Grimes 1 game (Has Sheehan played for us?)
Fulton 20 (4 games)
Barrow 22 (7 games)

In the same age bracket -

Bartley, Davies, Alfei, Donnelley 19
Pozuelo 20
Shelvey, Amat, Vasquez 21
Ki, & Lucas 22

Sorry couldn't be bothered to do the maths - but I'm sure you get my drift.

kenji Gorre on 17:20 - Apr 24 with 2357 viewsjeza739

kenji Gorre on 12:43 - Apr 24 by JackSomething

The 'Scotland did nothing apart from score goals' myth again? I look forward to Wilf being tarred with the same brush in years to come.

I really couldn't care less if strikers ONLY score goals that's fundermentally their job. I was just ref to the posters who said Gorre isn't ready and that all he does is score goals as a reason not to pick him for last 5 games ahead of Oliviera.
And for reference I was a huge fan of Scotland and esp of Wilf and never chastised him for not working harder unlike the numpty who sits 2 rows behind me always did!
kenji Gorre on 18:34 - Apr 24 with 2315 viewsStarsky

kenji Gorre on 17:20 - Apr 24 by jeza739

I really couldn't care less if strikers ONLY score goals that's fundermentally their job. I was just ref to the posters who said Gorre isn't ready and that all he does is score goals as a reason not to pick him for last 5 games ahead of Oliviera.
And for reference I was a huge fan of Scotland and esp of Wilf and never chastised him for not working harder unlike the numpty who sits 2 rows behind me always did!

Sometimes debutantes play better because they're surrounded by better players.
Give him a taste.

It's just the internet, init.

kenji Gorre on 18:41 - Apr 24 with 2303 viewsScoobyWho

It's completely different. Gorre has had two years schooling his ability at the Swansea academy and reserve sides. All of whom play the same style and have the same methodology. As a result the expectancy is he should be able to progress in to a club style as opposed to the players who were marked as lazy that you mention. Gorre is a young talent so the comparisons are very wide of the mark. He is in the final stages of his schooling at the club and should now be ready to fit in at u21 and full team level easily. That's what the club will expect after such an investment. Bony and Scotland are poor comparisons.

kenji Gorre on 18:43 - Apr 24 with 2301 viewsDr_Winston

In fairness JS9 didn't actually do an awful lot more than score goals. He was just very, very good at scoring them. From all over the place. With either foot.

Maybe if he had charged around the pitch or done a few tricks whilst slobbering all over the badge after every goal he'd have been a bit more popular.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

kenji Gorre on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 2279 viewsStarsky

kenji Gorre on 18:43 - Apr 24 by Dr_Winston

In fairness JS9 didn't actually do an awful lot more than score goals. He was just very, very good at scoring them. From all over the place. With either foot.

Maybe if he had charged around the pitch or done a few tricks whilst slobbering all over the badge after every goal he'd have been a bit more popular.

Only you could have a dig at a LT on a Gorre thread.

Take the down arrow like a man!

It's just the internet, init.

kenji Gorre on 19:45 - Apr 24 with 2241 viewsJackSomething

kenji Gorre on 16:51 - Apr 24 by Dull1Thomas

Point taken
Sheehan & Grimes 19 Grimes 1 game (Has Sheehan played for us?)
Fulton 20 (4 games)
Barrow 22 (7 games)

In the same age bracket -

Bartley, Davies, Alfei, Donnelley 19
Pozuelo 20
Shelvey, Amat, Vasquez 21
Ki, & Lucas 22

Sorry couldn't be bothered to do the maths - but I'm sure you get my drift.

I'll admit I forgot Alfei and Lucas, if they did get a game under Laudrup. Sheehan played against Rotherham.

There's no way you're having Pozuelo, Shelvey, Amat, Vasquez or Ki. All had experience at a high level and can in no way be seen as 'giving youth a chance'. You didn't see me try and claim Carroll for Monk.

So hardly a big difference. If you're going to find a stick to beat Monk with arbitrarily, make sure it makes sense.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024