Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile ,up the road 17:27 - Jul 3 with 15968 viewsOldjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-target-fo Agent Cottrill will start work soon hopefully
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 17:30]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:58 - Jul 5 with 1495 viewsSweyns_Eye

As one of the most successful clubs in English football I would say Wolves have more going for them over Cardiff both in history and in any potential!

Reading? More difficult to say but they do have more of a history of recent success and have money behind them too. I don't think you can say they are a worse prospect than Cardiff, unless you're a Cardiff fan with rose tinted spectacles.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:59 - Jul 5 with 1485 viewsblueytheblue

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:47 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

Well I haven't slagged Slade off but you can't deny some of the football we produced last season was boring, our home crowds showed that. Best I saw us play last season was Forest away, now if we start off with performances similar to that I think a lot of people might change their minds.

What was the football under Mackay? Exciting? "Defend and hope to get set piece / hit on break despite lacking pace"?

The last manager we had that played an attacking, entertaining style was Dave Jones.

Last season was more necessity than anything else. We needed to bolster the defence, be tighter at the back. Work on sorting that side of things out first.

The fact is we've a large proportion of the fanbase who are fickle. If we won every game 6-0 playing that way they'd not care. We weren't getting promoted ergo they simply didn't care and disappeared - until we start looking like going up again when they will return in droves, claiming to have been loyal fans, present at every game.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Meanwhile ,up the road on 17:06 - Jul 5 with 1470 viewsSweyns_Eye

Every club has fickle fans Bluey. Even if you were winning every match 1-0 no one would care, and that's as true for you, Arsenal or even us to some extent - though there were plenty of moaners when we had Sousa and he seemed content with a 1-0, as we'd been spoiled by having Martinez previously.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

Meanwhile ,up the road on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 1448 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:59 - Jul 5 by blueytheblue

What was the football under Mackay? Exciting? "Defend and hope to get set piece / hit on break despite lacking pace"?

The last manager we had that played an attacking, entertaining style was Dave Jones.

Last season was more necessity than anything else. We needed to bolster the defence, be tighter at the back. Work on sorting that side of things out first.

The fact is we've a large proportion of the fanbase who are fickle. If we won every game 6-0 playing that way they'd not care. We weren't getting promoted ergo they simply didn't care and disappeared - until we start looking like going up again when they will return in droves, claiming to have been loyal fans, present at every game.

As Sweyn has said fans are fickle, ours being one of the best. Ok this once i'll go back in time, 71 in fact, we had 22500 for Carlisle for a league game then pulled in 47500 four days later for Real Madrid. I know we had won 4-0 against Carlisle with Warboys scoring all of them but he didn't play four days later and 25000 came out of thin air and disappeared just as quick next home game. .

We had momentum with Mackay and as long as we were in the top three people accepted it, harsh but true.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:05 - Jul 5 with 1401 viewsHighjack

The size of the catchment area/city these days means absolutely naff all. We've attracted a sizeable fanbase in the U.S and Korea just by being the plucky underdogs in a top league and signing a Korean superstar.

Cardiff have attracted fans from as far away as Ebbw Vale so they are doing well too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:12 - Jul 5 with 1364 viewsblueytheblue

We had a sizeable support in Japan when we had Inamoto on loan, all buggered off when he left - culture being supporting players more than teams.

Catchment area is important in terms of bums on seats; obv Sky money lessens that importance, certainly to you guys. It was more important in terms of youth development when the protective rules were in place, Prem greed has seen an end to that.

Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:36 - Jul 5 with 1325 viewsjack247

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:36 - Jul 5 by blueytheblue

Define higher profile.

Mackay had a higher profile than Slade.
Ole had a higher profile than Slade.

Granted some of our idiots wouldn't even be happy if Guardiola took over, but given he constraints and the state of the squad when Slade took over then by any measurement he's done a good job. From 17th to mid table whilst having to trim the squad and wage bill, without spending the money previous managers have had with only the Jan transfer window which traditionally isn't the main source of transfers

Of course some of the football hasn't been great but results have certainly improved to the degree we'd not be far off the playoffs next season if the results were repeated.

Instead we get cretins continually slating Slade, that players won't want to play under him yadda yadda yadda..whining it's the worst we've ever been - a clear indication they only started supporting us around the cup final period.

Both of us have an "advantage" of decent catchment areas without major competition - ie the crowded scene in London. That in itself means nothing or Plymouth would be regular CL winners. There's no real reason why we can't, long term, both be competitive in the Prem. We just need to get our s*** together which may take some time.

Higher profile was Scoobys comment not mine, he said that Wolves and Reading were able to attract better players because they had higher profile managers, or words to that effect.

You are talking potential again. Yes, in theory Cardiff could easily be competitive in the Prem, but in reality there are not many clubs in the Championship that couldn't say the same thing.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:45 - Jul 5 with 1302 viewsSweyns_Eye

Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:05 - Jul 5 by Highjack

The size of the catchment area/city these days means absolutely naff all. We've attracted a sizeable fanbase in the U.S and Korea just by being the plucky underdogs in a top league and signing a Korean superstar.

Cardiff have attracted fans from as far away as Ebbw Vale so they are doing well too.

It means a lot to some Cardiff fans. Those that love living in the Capitol, for instance. I think Scooby's one.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:11 - Jul 5 with 1265 viewsplasjack

Latest comedy news CCFC to hire a Psychologist, is it Frasier from that American sit com.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:14 - Jul 5 with 1261 viewsplasjack

Latest comedy news CCFC to hire a Psychologist, is it Frasier from that American sit com.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:24 - Jul 5 with 1245 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:45 - Jul 5 by Sweyns_Eye

It means a lot to some Cardiff fans. Those that love living in the Capitol, for instance. I think Scooby's one.

Ah yes I love the Capital, but I don't live there, more's the pity bud.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:35 - Jul 5 with 1223 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 18:36 - Jul 5 by jack247

Higher profile was Scoobys comment not mine, he said that Wolves and Reading were able to attract better players because they had higher profile managers, or words to that effect.

You are talking potential again. Yes, in theory Cardiff could easily be competitive in the Prem, but in reality there are not many clubs in the Championship that couldn't say the same thing.

Well in the case of Stephen Quinn he chose Reading after speaking to both Slade and Clarke, apparently? To be honest I am not disappointed he chose Reading, good luck to him, but Slade obviously wanted him.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:43 - Jul 5 with 1210 viewsblueytheblue

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:14 - Jul 5 by plasjack

Plenty of teams use sports psychologists. Non-story.

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:44 - Jul 5 with 1205 viewsblueytheblue

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:35 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

Well in the case of Stephen Quinn he chose Reading after speaking to both Slade and Clarke, apparently? To be honest I am not disappointed he chose Reading, good luck to him, but Slade obviously wanted him.

Which means nothing.

Reading may have offered better contract terms. It's a reach to claim he chose Reading because Clarke is higher profile than Slade.

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:52 - Jul 5 with 1184 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:44 - Jul 5 by blueytheblue

Which means nothing.

Reading may have offered better contract terms. It's a reach to claim he chose Reading because Clarke is higher profile than Slade.

It could have been money Bluey and more likely it was but i'm sure I read that after speaking with Clarke he made his mind up but I appreciate he could have been just saying that.

But Clarke does have a higher profile than Slade.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 19:54]
Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:59 - Jul 5 with 1165 viewsmorningstar

Meanwhile ,up the road on 16:13 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah I don't take fact coming from you bud.

No need to.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/16/bristol-rovers-football-league-g

Of course if you can't be bothered to read it "As many as 30000 Gasheads are expected to make the journey to Wembley" Which usually means a little less and not 10000+ more you valley inbred!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 1148 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 19:59 - Jul 5 by morningstar

No need to.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/16/bristol-rovers-football-league-g

Of course if you can't be bothered to read it "As many as 30000 Gasheads are expected to make the journey to Wembley" Which usually means a little less and not 10000+ more you valley inbred!

No official figure then bud? No matter 30000 or 40000 is a hell of a figure for a conference side, don't you think? Massive potential there I think.

Valley inbred is that your best shot bud? Give up now I would.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:13 - Jul 5 with 1137 viewsmorningstar

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:07 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

No official figure then bud? No matter 30000 or 40000 is a hell of a figure for a conference side, don't you think? Massive potential there I think.

Valley inbred is that your best shot bud? Give up now I would.

It's better than birdbrain and certainly better than 'bud'. Valleys inbred will do for me thanks.

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:19 - Jul 5 with 1125 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:13 - Jul 5 by morningstar

It's better than birdbrain and certainly better than 'bud'. Valleys inbred will do for me thanks.

Bud, names don't bother me like they bother you, call me what you want bud if it makes you happy. I can see you're a sensitive soul.

Was going to say that a Conference side took more to Wembley than what your Premiership ground holds, amazing ain't it? Don't get upset now.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:40 - Jul 5 with 1092 viewsjack247

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:19 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

Bud, names don't bother me like they bother you, call me what you want bud if it makes you happy. I can see you're a sensitive soul.

Was going to say that a Conference side took more to Wembley than what your Premiership ground holds, amazing ain't it? Don't get upset now.

It is very impressive and fair play to them, but it is of no relevance to us.

The only real reason we need a bigger stadium is to keep the people of Swansea happy and make football accessible for future generations of fans.

The matchday income is more or less a triviality in comparison with the money we get just for being here.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:46 - Jul 5 with 1086 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:40 - Jul 5 by jack247

It is very impressive and fair play to them, but it is of no relevance to us.

The only real reason we need a bigger stadium is to keep the people of Swansea happy and make football accessible for future generations of fans.

The matchday income is more or less a triviality in comparison with the money we get just for being here.

Mate it wasn't a dig at you or any decent jack, honestly.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:46 - Jul 5 with 1087 viewsmorningstar

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:19 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

C'mon....'bud' own up. How old are you?

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:48 - Jul 5 with 1079 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:46 - Jul 5 by morningstar

C'mon....'bud' own up. How old are you?

Well I suppose the valley inbred has gone. Glad you have saw the light bud.
Meanwhile ,up the road on 21:01 - Jul 5 with 1058 viewsmorningstar

Meanwhile ,up the road on 20:48 - Jul 5 by ScoobyDoo

Well I suppose the valley inbred has gone. Glad you have saw the light bud.

No it hasn't, I just don't see the point in putting it in every post. Though I might try teenage dirtbag next time as you sure come across as one!

Meanwhile ,up the road on 21:06 - Jul 5 with 1046 viewsScoobyDoo

Meanwhile ,up the road on 21:01 - Jul 5 by morningstar

No it hasn't, I just don't see the point in putting it in every post. Though I might try teenage dirtbag next time as you sure come across as one!

Stop digging bud, you're making yourself look like demented fool, look I know you are but your fellow buddies are just realising it. No need to thank me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024