Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. 10:00 - Aug 4 with 11215 viewsJackfath

It's been written many times on here, but what really is the reason(s) that this isn't happening. Do we as fans have a right to know what is really going on and the reasons why it hasn't happened? Look at the speed the CCFC built their to tier, little fuss and it was done, it makes us as their big idols seem somewhat backward.

Should there be an "inquest" into what's going on so we all know where we stand? Pun intended.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 3630 viewsdgt73

Thought it was common knowledge why the expansion hasn't started yet. One of the reasons is the finance and this is where making comparisons to legoland a little bit silly.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 10:28]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:33 - Aug 4 with 3597 viewsJackfath

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:26 - Aug 4 by dgt73

Thought it was common knowledge why the expansion hasn't started yet. One of the reasons is the finance and this is where making comparisons to legoland a little bit silly.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 10:28]

No offence but what you say is merely hearsay. I was hoping for some form of statement from the trust or from the club itself.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:38 - Aug 4 with 3544 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:33 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

No offence but what you say is merely hearsay. I was hoping for some form of statement from the trust or from the club itself.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out the delay. Let me continue with my stab in the dark- finance, planning consent, stadium ownership.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:42 - Aug 4 with 3508 viewsJackfath

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:38 - Aug 4 by dgt73

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out the delay. Let me continue with my stab in the dark- finance, planning consent, stadium ownership.

Thanks for the input.

DO you think a statement from the club would settle the locals or do you think it best to continue speculating on public forums?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:45 - Aug 4 with 3494 viewsjasper_T

Huw Jenkins has spoken about the delays in the media a few times already. The club and the council are at an impasse over the deal to buy the stadium.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 3482 viewsbermudajack

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:38 - Aug 4 by dgt73

I reckon...

If we manage to secure Premiership football next season (2016/17) it changes everything...😳 💰

Once/if we become relatively safe this season, you'll see how quickly the diggers move in 🚜

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:49 - Aug 4 with 3437 viewswhiterock

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:33 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

Huw Jenkins said in a recent statement that we're looking at January 2016 to start.

My guess is May 2016 because build will take a year, pointless finishing in Jan 17, can't marry up old stand and new whilst season is in progress.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:49 - Aug 4 with 3419 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:42 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

Thanks for the input.

DO you think a statement from the club would settle the locals or do you think it best to continue speculating on public forums?

It won't stop the speculation regardless of what the club do or don't do.

Login to get fewer ads

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 3406 viewsApeShit

There seems to be a different reason at the end of every season.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:51 - Aug 4 with 3394 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:50 - Aug 4 by ApeShit

There seems to be a different reason at the end of every season.

Such as ?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:59 - Aug 4 with 3365 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The new planning application for 6000 seats will be submitted in the near future. Planning consultants were appointed in May. Transport issues remain but are expected to be resolved with the new application.

Work is likely to start in January but may be delayed if we are in danger of losing our Premier League status.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:25 - Aug 4 with 3302 viewsfather_jack

this the same legoland stand that is only open at internationals thesedays...

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:30 - Aug 4 with 3286 viewsApeShit

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:25 - Aug 4 by father_jack

this the same legoland stand that is only open at internationals thesedays...

That is besides the point, it still got built very quickly.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:40 - Aug 4 with 3251 viewsdgt73

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:30 - Aug 4 by ApeShit

That is besides the point, it still got built very quickly.

Reckless spending and ccfc have gone hand in hand for years. Are you suggesting Scfc follow suit?.

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:43 - Aug 4 with 3245 viewsScoobyjack

IIRC Legolands original plans had planning permission for the expansion and was built to allow rapid expansion. Ours didn't and wasn't.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:52 - Aug 4 with 3221 viewsApeShit

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:40 - Aug 4 by dgt73

Reckless spending and ccfc have gone hand in hand for years. Are you suggesting Scfc follow suit?.

So are you saying we can't afford it?
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:06 - Aug 4 with 3190 viewsSenhin

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 11:40 - Aug 4 by dgt73

We have been in the premier league for years now, and had our best ever finish last season, and we really need an expansion... How would it be reckless?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:12 - Aug 4 with 3155 viewsDull1Thomas

Should have stayed in the Vetch.
Swans v Leeds Division 2 game attendance 29,000
Arsenal in the Cup in 1968 - 32,000.
In comparison the highest Liberty attendance is less than 21,000
Less than our average attendance of 22,500 in 1948/9 season.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:15 - Aug 4 with 3146 viewsjasper_T

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:06 - Aug 4 by Senhin

We have been in the premier league for years now, and had our best ever finish last season, and we really need an expansion... How would it be reckless?

Last reported accounts (13/14) showed a profit of £1.3m for the season. Last season it was probably more like £6-7m due to player sales.

Spending all that (and more) to improve a property that the club does not own is not an especially attractive prospect.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:16 - Aug 4 with 3140 viewsLeonisGod

I suspect:
1) prioritising investment into new training facilities owned by the club
2) prioritising spend on the team
3) improving our financial position for a few seasons, to make any future expansion affordable without compromising points 1 or 2
4) trying to resolve the issue of possible ownership of the stadium

In short we may have been putting the foundations in place for hopefully a long stint at the top. No point having a bigger ground, which won't bring in much extra in gate receipts, if none of the other things are sorted - just ask crapduff

But are these the real reasons? Only the board know what they are
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:20 - Aug 4 with 3119 viewsScoobyWho

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 10:49 - Aug 4 by whiterock

Huw Jenkins said in a recent statement that we're looking at January 2016 to start.

My guess is May 2016 because build will take a year, pointless finishing in Jan 17, can't marry up old stand and new whilst season is in progress.

They have said January in three occasions now. Different years but Janaury all the same. I can understand why the club are struggling mind, the council must be difficult to do business with.
Call their bluff time.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 3094 viewsApeShit

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:16 - Aug 4 by LeonisGod

I suspect:
3) improving our financial position for a few seasons, to make any future expansion affordable without compromising points 1 or 2

In short we may have been putting the foundations in place for hopefully a long stint at the top. No point having a bigger ground, which won't bring in much extra in gate receipts, if none of the other things are sorted - just ask crapduff

All valid reasons, but just tell the fans the truth instead of giving vague info and as someone has said, why tell us that construction is going to start when its clearly not.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:31 - Aug 4 with 3076 viewsacejack3065

I wouldn't be happy for the club to shell out on the extension until we own the stadium. The council need the money more than we need to own the stadium so I'm convinced that the club can buy the stadium for the right price. However this might mean we have to make let the council sweat a bit.

When we own the stadium and when we look like another year in the prem is in the bag hopefully the excuses won't make their annual appearance.

For the meantime we have invested in the right areas that guarantee the long term future and success of the club. Finally having our own training ground and a successful academy are more important than expanding the stadium. We've made enormous progress off the pitch in such a short space of time. Not bad for a club that didn't have a pot to piss in not so long ago.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:31 - Aug 4 with 3073 viewsjasper_T

Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:16 - Aug 4 by LeonisGod

I suspect:

Building the new training & youth facilities has actually resulted in sale-able/leverage-able assets for the club going forward, and were areas that were way more of a day-to-day problem than only getting 20k into the stadium.

Owning those facilities, as well as securing the obscene TV payout for the 16/17 season, makes it far easier (and cheaper) to put together the £30-40m needed to buy and upgrade the stadium.

The club has been very reluctant to go into unnecessary debt, and rightly so. Borrowing against future earnings is bad business when one bad half season already left the club flirting with relegation once before.
Continued lack of progress with building an extension to the stadium. on 12:36 - Aug 4 with 3053 viewsRancid

How about just forgetting about it and if it does happen then we can all have a right old chinwag on here about it.It's boring, frustrating and repetitive beyond belief.Whatever we say on here ain't gonna make an ounce of difference or push things forward quicker, or Phil S reading it and swaying the hierarchy to push ahead.My guess is it will never happen and we'll be relegated before long and then it won't matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024