Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81946 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:58 - Sep 28 with 1815 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

Agree, we must get a win and preferably a 4 try bonus, so have to play our best team. They can rest a bit after the Fiji game.

What a pool eh, only 1 real easy game. If we make it, at least we’ll be battle hardened for the quarter-final (if we have any players left),

Relax. Whatever else Gatland's teams do, they don't lose to teams like these when he has them focused. Fitness, structure, set piece (if the ref is fair in the scrum) and pick and drive will see us through. Four tries may be a less probable outcome, but I have high hopes for the last quarter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:02 - Sep 28 with 1812 viewsJackfath

Frankly I am amazed so many have an opinion on the rugby when so many are so vociferous about the game on weekly rugby threads.

Plastics.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:05 - Sep 28 with 1809 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:02 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

Frankly I am amazed so many have an opinion on the rugby when so many are so vociferous about the game on weekly rugby threads.

Plastics.

I'm a rugby plastic, most people who watch wales games are.

Never slag the game off though, I enjoy it.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:25 - Sep 28 with 1791 viewsSwansNZ

Plastics.

What weekly threads are those? I can’t say I’ve seen many of these, and not about Wales playing in the world cup.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 28 with 1776 viewsdickythorpe

Gatland, cement head or whatever you want to call him seldom gets it wrong. If he gets Wales out of this group he will want to win the Cup and he'll instill that in his squad.(if he hasn't already)
Heineken Cups, Grand Slams, A Lions series win........all he needs is this.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:58 - Sep 28 with 1774 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 28 by dickythorpe

Gatland, cement head or whatever you want to call him seldom gets it wrong. If he gets Wales out of this group he will want to win the Cup and he'll instill that in his squad.(if he hasn't already)
Heineken Cups, Grand Slams, A Lions series win........all he needs is this.

Aye, then he would be in with a shout of the All Blacks job

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 1771 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:25 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

What weekly threads are those? I can’t say I’ve seen many of these, and not about Wales playing in the world cup.

The ones about the Ospreys my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:02 - Sep 28 with 1762 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

Maybe people don’t support the Ospreys? They were not even in existence when I moved to NZ

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:09 - Sep 28 with 1753 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

So what you are saying is you are surprised people are more interested in Wales than the Ospreys?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:22 - Sep 29 with 1700 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:54 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

Nadolo has been banned and will miss our game. This is great news, he is their kicker and star attacking wing.

this is why...

http://gfycat.com/EarlyVelvetyBufeo

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:46 - Sep 29 with 1668 viewsJackSomething

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:22 - Sep 29 by SwansNZ

this is why...

http://gfycat.com/EarlyVelvetyBufeo

That looks nasty, surprised the Aussie wasn't hurt. Would have thought the touch judge would have spotted that from his position.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:58 - Sep 29 with 1661 viewsTrundle10

Plastics.

It is Wales national sport and the world cup. If you have nothing to add move along
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:08 - Sep 29 with 1650 viewsperchrockjack

Fook what s national sport.
North south east west.. we should all be as one at least for a few weeks.

We can go back to pitiful squabbling then.

Even those who were bullied to play it or didn't have the bottle can join in.

Be proud

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:11 - Sep 29 with 1614 viewsJackSomething

So Matthew Morgan, Tyler Morgan and Alex Cuthbert in for Liam Williams, Scott Williams and Hallam Amos then. Rest of the side unchanged, Hook on the bench, presumably because of his versatility.

Strong team.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:23 - Sep 29 with 1610 viewsClinton

Anticipate further injuries in the backs because of big hits. Might be struggling towards the end of the game to field a decent back line. Lets hope there's enough on the board by then.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:39 - Sep 29 with 1600 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:11 - Sep 29 by JackSomething

So Matthew Morgan, Tyler Morgan and Alex Cuthbert in for Liam Williams, Scott Williams and Hallam Amos then. Rest of the side unchanged, Hook on the bench, presumably because of his versatility.

Strong team.

That and no-one else is fit! It's a remarkably strong team. They're going for the 5, no doubt about that. Just hope nobody else breaks.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:27 - Sep 29 with 1582 viewsJackSomething

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:39 - Sep 29 by Uxbridge

That and no-one else is fit! It's a remarkably strong team. They're going for the 5, no doubt about that. Just hope nobody else breaks.

True. I have seen suggestions of Priestland coming in for Biggar though, even if just to make sure Biggar doesn't get injured!

Personally I agree with strongest team and go for the 5 points. Otherwise the chances of not qualifying increases. I tend to think the injuries will stop us going very far in the tournament anyway, so let's try and win the group. I'd certainly rather potentially have Scotland and Ireland as future opponents than South Africa and New Zealand.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:43 - Sep 29 with 1555 viewsperchrockjack

Strong enough team.

We best Fiji , I think Aussies will best ingrrlundd and it's a great weekend coming up

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:36 - Sep 29 with 1538 viewsorion3016

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:58 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

Aye, then he would be in with a shout of the All Blacks job

I think that's pretty much nailed on.
Is he popular over there?

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:27 - Sep 29 with 1486 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:36 - Sep 29 by orion3016

I think that's pretty much nailed on.
Is he popular over there?

All Kiwi coaches are popular over here. The only reason Wales (Scotland and Ireland and others) win, is because they have a Kiwi coach, so the media say.

I don’t think the All Blacks would pick a head coach that is overseas, Gatland would have to come back to coach an NZ province or Super rugby team first, and that’s unlikely. If Hansen steps down (I think he has signed to stay for another 2 years, until the Lions tour), next would probably be the assistant Ian Foster, or Chiefs coach, Dave Rennie.

Incidentally, the England v Wales result was the main story on the news here on Sunday (not sports news, but the main news), but I think that’s more to do with England losing than Wales winning — everyone loves to see England suffer.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:31 - Sep 29 with 1479 viewsRancid

You can still get 11/10 on New Zealand to win it.I don't think they will but they're great odds if you're the type to bet on Brazil to win every World Cup.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:39 - Sep 29 with 1469 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:39 - Sep 29 by Uxbridge

I guess that’s the thing with such a strong pool, where the only game you can give squad members a run, is the Uruguay game.

From here until the final, it’s our No1 team

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:42 - Sep 29 with 1462 viewsperchrockjack

Afternoon bbq at scousejack towers.

All welcome .

Starts 3pm

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 29 with 1455 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:39 - Sep 29 by SwansNZ

I guess that’s the thing with such a strong pool, where the only game you can give squad members a run, is the Uruguay game.

From here until the final, it’s our No1 team

We need Liam Williams back in the team and Paul James back in the squad or replaced by Nicky Smith before Oz.

I hope Nipper can prove he's in any way an international player. At least he will bring a 'surprise' element to the Welsh play. He is so ill fitted to cement ball it's amazing he's there really. Gatland must really think Hook is last pick gash.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:46 - Sep 29 with 1437 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 29 by monmouth

We need Liam Williams back in the team and Paul James back in the squad or replaced by Nicky Smith before Oz.

I hope Nipper can prove he's in any way an international player. At least he will bring a 'surprise' element to the Welsh play. He is so ill fitted to cement ball it's amazing he's there really. Gatland must really think Hook is last pick gash.

Well he's right on the latter so fingers crossed on the former!!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024