Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81837 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:58 - Oct 10 with 1546 viewslonglostjack

All percentages these days and understand that but a bit of the flair has gone. Oz defended superbly - but we didn't have that bit of magic. Never used to be a fan of JPR on the crash ball let alone North.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Oct 10 with 1546 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:52 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

Lifeu is always seeing rainbows . To me that was a hail storm.

These guys are top pros so should act as such.

Also,quitecwhy are our props so disgustingly fat.

Lee is a kid ffs and carrying at least two stone of flab.

Same with Francis.

Oz books kiwis aren't.

Our lfecstyle is still poor

Perch you hit the nail on the head when you talk about mentality.

We are pathetically short in this area, unless of course it's against the Saes when it's life or death.

Hope to be proved wrong, can't see it happening though.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:59 - Oct 10 with 1546 viewslifelong

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:52 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

Lifeu is always seeing rainbows . To me that was a hail storm.

These guys are top pros so should act as such.

Also,quitecwhy are our props so disgustingly fat.

Lee is a kid ffs and carrying at least two stone of flab.

Same with Francis.

Oz books kiwis aren't.

Our lfecstyle is still poor

Rugby forwards have always been fat, haven't they?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:02 - Oct 10 with 1542 viewsjack247

Not really sure what people expected today. We had one period of sustained pressure when they had the yellow cards. Other than that, they were the better team, as they were always likely to be.

We were still in it at 70 minutes, same as the England game. I wouldn't bet against next week being a tight one either.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:06 - Oct 10 with 1530 viewsperchrockjack

With respect roger do fleck off.

Ours are because of our macho drinking pizza lifestyle. The Southern Hemisphere boys are not. They are athletic.

When you're tired after60mins play all those pints and kebabs take their toll. When you re tired physically, you become mentally tired.

We ve qualified but again our team was poor, very poor. You getting the drift now

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:13 - Oct 10 with 1514 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:06 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

Ours are because of our macho drinking pizza lifestyle. The Southern Hemisphere boys are not. They are athletic.

When you're tired after60mins play all those pints and kebabs take their toll. When you re tired physically, you become mentally tired.

We ve qualified but again our team was poor, very poor. You getting the drift now

They were just as fat when they beat England 2 weeks ago.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:17 - Oct 10 with 1501 viewsperchrockjack

all The home nations are not as athletic as the Southern Hemisphere boys.

Our schools have all but killed winning prefering kids simply take part.

England were destroyed by ..guess what.. Lack of mental toughness and physical weakness.

Being fat isn't being strong..

English front row also appallingly overweight.

No excuses

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:27 - Oct 10 with 1497 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:17 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

all The home nations are not as athletic as the Southern Hemisphere boys.

Our schools have all but killed winning prefering kids simply take part.

England were destroyed by ..guess what.. Lack of mental toughness and physical weakness.

Being fat isn't being strong..

English front row also appallingly overweight.

No excuses

The point I am making is we are the same team as we were when everyone was lauding us. In fact the same team as when you posted

"Nope,GEORGE will destroy Giteau, Falau will see his injury find him out and our scrum will be solid enough for Dr Bob to enjoy some ball in hand."

Wales 28.. Convicts.17

Don't you think you are being a tiny bit reactionary? They are the Southern Hemisphere champions and they humiliated England last week. It wasn't expansive rugby, because that would have been playing right into their hands, but we were in the game until the last 10 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:39 - Oct 10 with 1483 viewsdickythorpe

As an ex second row, the best tight head props are the massive fat ones. Fat is hard to combat, you never see a massive prop dump tackled because the majority of his weight is distributed all in one place.
All black props are quite lean and get hit back, Tonga showed that.

Wales gave it a good go today and Australia showed great composure under pressure. In the modern era it was a good game. Totally different to the looser Samoa v Scot game.

You can bet that despite winning the jocks aren't happy with their tackling and the number of tries they concede.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 22:40]
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:59 - Oct 10 with 1461 viewsSwansNZ

Obviously that period where Australia held out with 13 men was the period we should have capitalised. I felt we lost that game in the scrum, which has been dodgy all cup. Aussie without a forward and scrum-half, we should have been able to either push them over, or control the scrum and find that space - we could not do that.

Anyway, after the game last week, most pundits were picking Australia to win the cup, yet despite our inability to score, we also held them try less - they didn't really look like scoring a try, whereas we were held up over the line couple of times.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:05 - Oct 10 with 1447 viewsmonmouth

You're kidding Perch yes? If there's one thing Gatland's teams are it's fit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:08 - Oct 10 with 1432 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought it was a be nice to people day?

Have another drink Perch.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:13 - Oct 10 with 1421 viewsmax936

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:39 - Oct 10 by dickythorpe

As an ex second row, the best tight head props are the massive fat ones. Fat is hard to combat, you never see a massive prop dump tackled because the majority of his weight is distributed all in one place.
All black props are quite lean and get hit back, Tonga showed that.

Wales gave it a good go today and Australia showed great composure under pressure. In the modern era it was a good game. Totally different to the looser Samoa v Scot game.

You can bet that despite winning the jocks aren't happy with their tackling and the number of tries they concede.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 22:40]

Dicky, when you have a 2 man advantage and all that possession you shouldn't lose that 15/20 minute spell like we did, we didn't show any guile or creativity at all and allowed Australia to dominate the ball and slow our play down, our centres never showed at all, very disappointing for me and that along with the Wales football teams showing it's been a poor evening, dispute both qualifying for the rest of the both tournaments. The rugby match was entertaining,but the footie game was like watching a League 1 footie game, doh!!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:17 - Oct 10 with 1410 viewsDarran

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:13 - Oct 10 by max936

Dicky, when you have a 2 man advantage and all that possession you shouldn't lose that 15/20 minute spell like we did, we didn't show any guile or creativity at all and allowed Australia to dominate the ball and slow our play down, our centres never showed at all, very disappointing for me and that along with the Wales football teams showing it's been a poor evening, dispute both qualifying for the rest of the both tournaments. The rugby match was entertaining,but the footie game was like watching a League 1 footie game, doh!!

OMG you cock.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:39 - Oct 10 with 1393 viewsdickythorpe

Max, we can't be one eyed here, Aussies defence was heroic, they made Twice as many tackles as us and we had 60% possession....frustrating yes but no way did we do enough to win (which I think is your point)
Delighted Wales qualified although I could see we were a little off the boil.......

How's the slurping going? You tried the Boss brewery ales by now?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:57 - Oct 10 with 1376 viewsmax936

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:39 - Oct 10 by dickythorpe

Max, we can't be one eyed here, Aussies defence was heroic, they made Twice as many tackles as us and we had 60% possession....frustrating yes but no way did we do enough to win (which I think is your point)
Delighted Wales qualified although I could see we were a little off the boil.......

How's the slurping going? You tried the Boss brewery ales by now?

Yes Dicky it's brilliant to have qualified for both codes and the Aussie defence was superb, but we needed to show more guile when we were on top, l think South Africa will be a real tough ask looking at their performances since the Japan loss, New Zealand and the Aussies look good value for the title but maybe the Boks have the momentum going into the quarter finals, Welsh footie as done really well, but l was disappointed with us tonight cause Bosnia didn't look that great to have won 2-0 tbh.
Yeah lve tasted the Boss stuff and it's pretty good in fairness, didn't go out today though youngest lads birthday tomoz so stopped in, had a few bottles of Speckled hen in the house instead nice drop it is to.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 02:04 - Oct 11 with 1328 viewsscottishjack

Obviously I'm just chuffed that Scotland made the 1/4 finals, but Wales have every chance against South Africa lads.

Scotland had them within 7 points with 20 minutes to go and that was a "must win" for the boks! Wales are in with a hell of a chance of the semi finals again, South Africa are all about strength and power with not too much flair (They couldn't get the bonus point vs us?)

Good luck and I think you can do it! As for Scotland, I'm pleased with a 1/4 final spot against the Aussies, nothing to lose eh?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:58 - Oct 11 with 1272 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:13 - Oct 10 by max936

After 2 attempts at the driving line out we should have taken the three points and after the restart move the thirteen men around with safe and secuure phase play until we's created the overlap. Perhaps we could have even crossed twice and won the game. Cement headed tactics there I'm afraid

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:09 - Oct 11 with 1262 viewsperchrockjack

I agree with brynmill although I woulave thought that with a two man advantage they would have expected to cross the whitewash.
Unforgivable notwithstanding OZ incredible guts and organisation.

Fitness you say, well not front row. Ours cannot stick 50 mins without getting puffed. This is what made Gethin of old so outstanding. A big man but not gross in the way Lee, Francis , and Cole and Larder are. LOOK AT THE SOUTHERN HEISPHERE props and you ll see the difference.

Rugby has changed dicky since your and my days .

With Roberts an injury doubt and Liam again injured Im fearful we ll get smashed by a fit strong and injury free Bokke..

I ll end by saying our injury pile up would have hammered OZ SA AND KIWIS so this was our chance to realistically make the final against all the odds and Im gutted ,frankly.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:14 - Oct 11 with 1256 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:58 - Oct 11 by Brynmill_Jack

After 2 attempts at the driving line out we should have taken the three points and after the restart move the thirteen men around with safe and secuure phase play until we's created the overlap. Perhaps we could have even crossed twice and won the game. Cement headed tactics there I'm afraid

100% this.

The (relatively) easiest thing you can still do with 13 is camp on your line. Defending the whole field is a different kettle of bananas.

Alternatively keep taking the lineouts and driving mauls. Aus couldn't risk more penalties there. Scrums were brainless.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:17 - Oct 11 with 1248 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:09 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

I agree with brynmill although I woulave thought that with a two man advantage they would have expected to cross the whitewash.
Unforgivable notwithstanding OZ incredible guts and organisation.

Fitness you say, well not front row. Ours cannot stick 50 mins without getting puffed. This is what made Gethin of old so outstanding. A big man but not gross in the way Lee, Francis , and Cole and Larder are. LOOK AT THE SOUTHERN HEISPHERE props and you ll see the difference.

Rugby has changed dicky since your and my days .

With Roberts an injury doubt and Liam again injured Im fearful we ll get smashed by a fit strong and injury free Bokke..

I ll end by saying our injury pile up would have hammered OZ SA AND KIWIS so this was our chance to realistically make the final against all the odds and Im gutted ,frankly.

ou

edit:I was tempted just to leave it there.

Meant to write: you haven't given up already? We'll beat SA, and then limp past France in the semi after they've dumped NZ. Then we'll have another crack at Oz.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 9:21]

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:21 - Oct 11 with 1242 viewsperchrockjack

Where?

Anyway, my butler has overcooked ny Pain du Chocolat so Im still cross..

I have to speak to my father later and he ll be cross too.

The Cross!

. A killer in anyone s language

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:04 - Oct 11 with 1215 viewslifelong

Good morning Richard.

I'm glad you said 'with respect' or I would have been angry, I think I get your drift, you reckon that our football and rugby national teams are both very poor, yet they have both qualified for the quarter finals of top International Tournaments.

Well done to both of them I say.

By the way, I've never seen a 12 stone prop forward, have a good day.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 1206 viewsChrisSCFC

They got f*cked up by the first decent side they came up against.

Congratulations to Australia, a real Rugby nation.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:17 - Oct 11 with 1205 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:56 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

Didn't enjoy the result but great battle.its sport.

I simply believe Southern Hemisphere boys are harder in every way, mentally for sure.

And to think Woodward thought oz would disintergrate.

He said really wound up the oz for sure

Like Samoa, Fiji and Tonga?

They get smashed to pieces every game they play, even Wales beat them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024