Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 82308 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:31 - Oct 17 with 1182 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:29 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

It's Howleys fault too.

You think our backs attacking moves are not a problem??

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:32 - Oct 17 with 1181 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

Drop goal was more of an option than continually pummelling their line as we did against Australia. We had already scroed one so knew Biggar was on form for it. We had several opportunites to move the phase play in field to make it easier for the kick. It was the option for points in such a close game. As they proved.

We didn't continually pummel the SA line though. This something we should have tried in the 2nd half, when we had the ball, not trying a drop goal at the first sight of the posts. A bit of a lack of composure, and not putting enough into the breakdown, IMO - gave Barnes plenty of opportunity to penalise Wales for holding on.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:33 - Oct 17 with 1173 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:28 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

You keep on repeating that point. I'ts registered. You are now blaming the referee who could have given us a penalty instead of them.

That's utter bilge and not addressing the real issues.

Which are what? Some individual errors on the day that led to a 4 point loss?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2015 21:50]

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 1172 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:25 - Oct 17 by WarwickHunt

Thank fück we're not playing NZ - the ref would crucify us.

Wales losing and now this sh1t

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:36 - Oct 17 with 1165 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:32 - Oct 17 by SwansNZ

We didn't continually pummel the SA line though. This something we should have tried in the 2nd half, when we had the ball, not trying a drop goal at the first sight of the posts. A bit of a lack of composure, and not putting enough into the breakdown, IMO - gave Barnes plenty of opportunity to penalise Wales for holding on.

I know we didnt continually pummel their line. Isnt that what you'd prefer instead of taking 3 points which were the more likely way of getting points, in theway the SA did?

If you visit the oppo's 22 you need points. Simple.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:39 - Oct 17 with 1159 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:36 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

I know we didnt continually pummel their line. Isnt that what you'd prefer instead of taking 3 points which were the more likely way of getting points, in theway the SA did?

I'm on your side on this one, for sure. Dan B is not that reliable on DG's but at 19-18 it was worth a shot with hindsight. A try would have killed the game though, and with a DG we'd still have lost.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:40 - Oct 17 with 1156 viewsSwansNZ

We hardly visited the SA 22 in the 2nd half, and when there, should have kept the ball. Force SA into mistakes or giving penalties away.

Oh well, it could be worse, we could be French.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Oct 17 with 1150 viewsJackfath

A DG when we were in their 22 would have seen us take the upper hand.

And yes they would be beating Wales by a similar score.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2015 21:42]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Oct 17 with 1149 viewsSwansNZ

Oh, btw - SA were constantly in our 22 in the 2nd half, yet most of the time didn't get points.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:44 - Oct 17 with 1139 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Oct 17 by SwansNZ

Oh, btw - SA were constantly in our 22 in the 2nd half, yet most of the time didn't get points.

Blimey. They backed themselves to score. Surely having tried that against Australia we would have learned?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:52 - Oct 17 with 1122 viewsdickythorpe

It's been an awful world cup mind.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:55 - Oct 17 with 1114 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:52 - Oct 17 by dickythorpe

It's been an awful world cup mind.

Indeed Dicky. Far worse than when we lost to Ireland, Samoa and Fiji. I wish I were English.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 17 with 1105 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:01 - Oct 17 by monmouth

Nope, that is spot on. Howley needs punting.

Ringo-Cementhead dream team??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:02 - Oct 17 with 1102 viewsdickythorpe

This world cup is the worst in living memory mind
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 1095 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:32 - Oct 17 by SwansNZ

Unfortunately we couldn't retain possession if our lives depended on it. The amount of times we were turned over when isolated or gave away penalties for holding on were criminal. The last one cost us the game. We should have dropped to get the 4 point advantage which may well have been enough

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:11 - Oct 17 with 1080 viewsperchrockjack

In a way, I'm relieved we ain't facing no.

That was top stuff tonight.

I've enjoyed this competition.

Some excellent games and final might be very good.

Come on Argentina

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:31 - Oct 18 with 1016 viewslonglostjack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:11 - Oct 17 by perchrockjack

In a way, I'm relieved we ain't facing no.

That was top stuff tonight.

I've enjoyed this competition.

Some excellent games and final might be very good.

Come on Argentina

I agree - it's been really good. Hope Oz win it - not Ireland cos I'd like us Welsh to get a bit of Celtic profile over here on the European mainland 😉

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:25 - Oct 18 with 1000 viewsTrundle10

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:09 - Oct 17 by monmouth

A fit and functional Samson will be fine. We need a proper bench option though.

Too small
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:40 - Oct 18 with 979 viewsphact0rri

With the amount of penalties given the last few matches leads me to believe that with out injuries and calling in fringe players we were dealing with a lot of personal mistakes.. with players who weren't used to playing together.

But given our situation we can't have to many complaints... okay maybe we can but there's no need. It was mostly unlucky to be in the situation we were on.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 4:40]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:43 - Oct 18 with 960 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:40 - Oct 18 by phact0rri

With the amount of penalties given the last few matches leads me to believe that with out injuries and calling in fringe players we were dealing with a lot of personal mistakes.. with players who weren't used to playing together.

But given our situation we can't have to many complaints... okay maybe we can but there's no need. It was mostly unlucky to be in the situation we were on.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 4:40]

Experienced players were giving away penalties. Off the top of my head awj gave at least two away.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:31 - Oct 18 with 947 viewsDarran

As I've said I'm not a rugger fan but could someone explain to me that with Wales now being one of the top ranked teams in the world how getting out of the group stages is doing the nation proud?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:40 - Oct 18 with 937 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:31 - Oct 18 by Darran

As I've said I'm not a rugger fan but could someone explain to me that with Wales now being one of the top ranked teams in the world how getting out of the group stages is doing the nation proud?

England were ranked above Wales. The 3 main Southern Hemisphere countries are generally ranked 1-3 in the world. No disgrace in losing to any of those, all games could have gone either way.

I know, Iv've not answered your question.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:42 - Oct 18 with 933 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:43 - Oct 18 by Jackfath

Experienced players were giving away penalties. Off the top of my head awj gave at least two away.

He did. I think at least one was for not rolling away, when there was no way he could have got out of the ruck.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:43 - Oct 18 with 929 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:31 - Oct 18 by Darran

It's like putting Aresnal in a CL group with Real Madrid and Bayern and then saying it's an achievement to go through.

For whatever reason they were ranked outside the top 8 when the draw was made so were in pool 3 for the seedings. It probably won't happen again, they will be among the first, or more likely second seeds next time and getting out of the group will be less of a big deal.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:47 - Oct 18 with 925 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:43 - Oct 18 by jack247

It's like putting Aresnal in a CL group with Real Madrid and Bayern and then saying it's an achievement to go through.

For whatever reason they were ranked outside the top 8 when the draw was made so were in pool 3 for the seedings. It probably won't happen again, they will be among the first, or more likely second seeds next time and getting out of the group will be less of a big deal.

It does not help that world rugby decide to make the draw 3 years out from the cup, when a lot of teams are rebuilding from the last one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024