Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees 10:31 - Oct 3 with 17279 viewsdailew

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-homes-set-house-refugees/story-2

Disgusting.

Andrea Lewis, cabinet member for next generation services, said: "You can't help but to be moved and horrified by footage on the news of refugees risking their lives to escape war and persecution for better lives.

What a gullible idiot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:20 - Oct 6 with 1015 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:42 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

She claims that 25% of all Moslems are terrorists - sometimes she says 15% to 25%.

There are 2.7m Moslems in the UK according to the most recent census.

By her reckoning, that makes between 400,000 and 675,000 of them terrorists.

And you want me to 'prove' that figure is incorrect? Seriously? You think it's strange that I dismiss that figure out of hand?

As for the 'most terrorists are Moslem' bit - do you know that just since 2000, there have been 7 IRA terrorist incidents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland - just mainland). And I don't include foiled plots - actual bombs.

But I don't see anyone here in the UK (and particularly in the US) lumping all Irish Catholics together and saying that 25% of them are terrorists. Actually, to be equivalent, it'd be lumping all Christians together (or even, all people from an ethnically white Christian background, irrespective of their beliefs). Who have you heard ever do that?

Every single terrorist incident is appalling beyond belief. There are small sections of the Moslem community both here and globally that are pure evil. But the vast, vast majority want the same as everyone else - to live peaceful and healthy lives with their loved ones. Stirring up hatred towards them is pretty much the most un Christian thing I can possibly imagine to be frank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2014

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:29 - Oct 6 with 1006 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:16 - Oct 6 by Darran

I've got some lovely Muslim friends.

Stalkees <> Friends

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:34 - Oct 6 with 1000 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:11 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

It's short because Thatcher sold off hundreds of thousands of them, and successive Governments have failed to build them. Local councils have been equally useless. Healthcare is at breaking point because it has been both underfunded and poorly run.

Not sure what being Muslim has to do with it. Do you think there can be such a person as a British Muslim, and do you think all Muslim's should leave the UK?

And you want to compound the problem by giving more away to foreigners.

Not sure what being Muslim has to do with it.

Muslim population is increasing at ten times the rate of the rest of the population.

At current rates the UK will be majority Muslim by 2060. Yet you wish to accelerate this at the expense of Swansea's poor and needy.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:38 - Oct 6 with 993 viewsVetchitBack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:25 - Oct 6 by Nookiejack

White Paedophile gang sentenced last month in Bristol.

http://news.sky.com/story/1550832/evil-paedophile-gang-sentenced-to-107-years

All your post proves is that you didn't read mine

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:46 - Oct 6 with 983 viewsVetchitBack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:50 - Oct 5 by Uxbridge

Hold on ... Hold on.... Did you just say Yewtree is a cover to take media attention away from Rochdale and Rotherham?! Wow.

It is used as such a handy and timely trump-card by the Establishment and their followers that one with a reasonable understanding of our media could suspect its timing was at the very least rushed forward.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:46 - Oct 6 with 983 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:34 - Oct 6 by dailew

And you want to compound the problem by giving more away to foreigners.

Not sure what being Muslim has to do with it.

Muslim population is increasing at ten times the rate of the rest of the population.

At current rates the UK will be majority Muslim by 2060. Yet you wish to accelerate this at the expense of Swansea's poor and needy.

You are £1000 in debt. You give 5p to the homeless person. It's irrelevant.

At least we've got to the crux of the matter though eh. This is nothing to do with alleviating the problems of poorly paid Swansea folk who can't get housing. So long as we keep the foreigners out you're happy.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:47 - Oct 6 with 977 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:46 - Oct 6 by VetchitBack

It is used as such a handy and timely trump-card by the Establishment and their followers that one with a reasonable understanding of our media could suspect its timing was at the very least rushed forward.

Again, wow. I think it's a bonkers argument, sorry.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:48 - Oct 6 with 973 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:20 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

Noting the lack of mentions of the UK on that link ...

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:51 - Oct 6 with 964 viewsVetchitBack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:47 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

Again, wow. I think it's a bonkers argument, sorry.

Well as one of many who uses that particular trump-card I wouldn't expect anything different!

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:53 - Oct 6 with 959 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:20 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

If you like wiki as a basis for your argument look up the history of terrorist attacks in the UK just for the past 50 years or so and come back telling me how many are IRA and how many are Moslem.

Then tell me of the ethnically white, Christian people in the UK what percentage of them you think are terrorist as a result.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:54 - Oct 6 with 954 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:46 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

You are £1000 in debt. You give 5p to the homeless person. It's irrelevant.

At least we've got to the crux of the matter though eh. This is nothing to do with alleviating the problems of poorly paid Swansea folk who can't get housing. So long as we keep the foreigners out you're happy.

Just foreigners on a freebie.

How come you are so concerned about the housing stock yet want to give more of it away?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:01 - Oct 6 with 945 viewslondonlisa2001

There are aspects of this thread that remind me of a cartoon that I saw a few years ago.

There was a picture of three people, one supposed to be a typical white rich person, one supposed to be a typical white poorer person, and one supposed to be a typical brown immigrant.

There were 100 loaves of bread or similar.

The rich white person was holding 99 of the 100 loaves while pointing at the brown immigrant and saying to the poorer white person 'He's got yours'.

Made me think anyway.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:04 - Oct 6 with 939 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:48 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

Noting the lack of mentions of the UK on that link ...

"I would estimate that 95% of all terrorist groups around the world are followers of Islam"

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:05 - Oct 6 with 938 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:54 - Oct 6 by dailew

Just foreigners on a freebie.

How come you are so concerned about the housing stock yet want to give more of it away?

Because I don't think giving a handful away makes a blind bit of difference when we're short several thousand at least.

How do you know these families won't contribute to the local economy then?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:09 - Oct 6 with 932 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:04 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

"I would estimate that 95% of all terrorist groups around the world are followers of Islam"

Given the various IR splinter groups, I doubt it. They'd trump that alone.

It's numbers and attacks we should be interested in here, and more so in terms of the UK seeing as that was the source of this topic. Now I'd happily concede that at this moment in time the conflicts of the world are all focused on countries with a majority Muslim population, but such things are transient. We'd have seen a very different prospect a decade or two ago, and who's to say what we'll see in 20 years time.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:40 - Oct 6 with 922 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:05 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

Because I don't think giving a handful away makes a blind bit of difference when we're short several thousand at least.

How do you know these families won't contribute to the local economy then?

It's always a handful or an irrelevant amount to you.

Just one local family losing out is too much.

If it's only a handful then why bother? Hardly make an impact on the millions of refugees around the world. Obviously not worth the bother. Or doesn't it work the other way?

"How do you know these families won't contribute to the local economy then?"

Where did I say they wouldn't?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:55 - Oct 6 with 907 viewsLohengrin

The worm is starting to turn in Germany.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:57 - Oct 6 with 902 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:40 - Oct 6 by dailew

It's always a handful or an irrelevant amount to you.

Just one local family losing out is too much.

If it's only a handful then why bother? Hardly make an impact on the millions of refugees around the world. Obviously not worth the bother. Or doesn't it work the other way?

"How do you know these families won't contribute to the local economy then?"

Where did I say they wouldn't?

But if every city helps a handful then it does make an impact. Using your rationale, I shouldn't bother donating to charity because the few quid I send hardly helps millions of people. Please tell me you can see how illogical your argument is.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:00 - Oct 6 with 896 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:55 - Oct 6 by Lohengrin

The worm is starting to turn in Germany.

What they saying Lo......my Germans not very good.

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:21 - Oct 6 with 886 viewsMillJack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:04 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

Adds a little bit more fabric to the argument, as opposed to just picking figures out of thin air.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:59 - Oct 6 with 869 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:21 - Oct 6 by MillJack

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

Adds a little bit more fabric to the argument, as opposed to just picking figures out of thin air.

Who plucked figures out of the air? I picked them up off the internet....just like you.
Only difference is the ones I picked up are a pack lies, and the ones you picked up are the truth.

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:06 - Oct 6 with 839 viewsMillJack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:59 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

Who plucked figures out of the air? I picked them up off the internet....just like you.
Only difference is the ones I picked up are a pack lies, and the ones you picked up are the truth.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you claimed that you "...would estimate that 95% of all terrorist groups around the world are followers of Islam"

Any estimate to that effect would be wildly inaccurate would it not?
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:09 - Oct 6 with 834 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:57 - Oct 6 by JackSomething

But if every city helps a handful then it does make an impact. Using your rationale, I shouldn't bother donating to charity because the few quid I send hardly helps millions of people. Please tell me you can see how illogical your argument is.

And the number of locals denied a home increases by the same amount.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:23 - Oct 6 with 825 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:06 - Oct 6 by MillJack

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you claimed that you "...would estimate that 95% of all terrorist groups around the world are followers of Islam"

Any estimate to that effect would be wildly inaccurate would it not?

"wildly inaccurate" .....No
Take a look at the figures for "WORLD terrorism"

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:54 - Oct 6 with 818 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:00 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

What they saying Lo......my Germans not very good.

The gist of it is Germany's not Merkel's to give away and they aren't going to stand idly by and watch her do it. The speaker is reminding his audience that Merkel is a former member of the communist youth movement, FDJ, breeding ground for STASI agents.

Did anybody catch the significance of the chant: Wir sind das volk! - We are the people! It's the same slogan the two young Protestant Pastors in Leipzig adopted in 1989 when they began the protests that led directly to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the total defeat (or so we all hoped) of the red beast.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024