Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees 10:31 - Oct 3 with 17278 viewsdailew

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-homes-set-house-refugees/story-2

Disgusting.

Andrea Lewis, cabinet member for next generation services, said: "You can't help but to be moved and horrified by footage on the news of refugees risking their lives to escape war and persecution for better lives.

What a gullible idiot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:21 - Oct 7 with 1142 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dailew should sue anyone who accuses him of racism, xenophobia or bigotry for libel and produce this thread as evidence in court. The verdict on the "balance of probabilities" basis should be fairly straightforward.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:25 - Oct 7 with 1137 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:03 - Oct 7 by MillJack

If Dailew and dgt73 aren't the same person I'd be stunned

dailew seems to have stopped downarrowing my every post.

I feel bereft.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:27 - Oct 7 with 1134 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:25 - Oct 7 by WarwickHunt

dailew seems to have stopped downarrowing my every post.

I feel bereft.

Happy to help.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:41 - Oct 7 with 1120 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:21 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

Dailew should sue anyone who accuses him of racism, xenophobia or bigotry for libel and produce this thread as evidence in court. The verdict on the "balance of probabilities" basis should be fairly straightforward.

Another one who's political opinions is formed by Rick from the Young Ones.

Every one's a Wacist.

Got any evidence I am?

At least Jacksomething retracted his statement.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:46 - Oct 7 with 1114 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:41 - Oct 7 by dailew

Another one who's political opinions is formed by Rick from the Young Ones.

Every one's a Wacist.

Got any evidence I am?

At least Jacksomething retracted his statement.

I didn't accuse you of anything. And if I did and you don't like it - sue me. I'm not retracting anything.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:55 - Oct 7 with 1128 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:46 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

I didn't accuse you of anything. And if I did and you don't like it - sue me. I'm not retracting anything.

Never said you accused me of anything.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:56 - Oct 7 with 1125 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:55 - Oct 7 by dailew

Never said you accused me of anything.

Well then we're all good. No need for solicitors and unpleasantness.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:09 - Oct 7 with 1115 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:27 - Oct 7 by exiledclaseboy

Happy to help.

You're a proper toff, guv'nor and no mistake.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 06:45 - Oct 8 with 1068 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:56 - Oct 7 by WarwickHunt

The choice is somewhat akin to being asked if you want vomit with your dog shit sandwich.

Anyway, you are John Maynard Keynes and I claim my five guineas.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 06:46 - Oct 8 with 1067 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:03 - Oct 7 by MillJack

If Dailew and dgt73 aren't the same person I'd be stunned

Dailew is more coherent, so for that reason I disagree 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 07:16 - Oct 8 with 1063 viewsMillJack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 06:46 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

Maybe he's Dailew when he's sober and dgt73 when he's had a few Babychams?
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 07:24 - Oct 8 with 1060 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 06:46 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

I thought Lisa was meaning Dimi - more by style than belief.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 07:54 - Oct 8 with 1044 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:36 - Oct 7 by dailew

You have no evidence you are worried about it.

Never said I had.

Still doesn't mean I don't support the building of more council houses.

Basic logic.

Try and understand this point. It's really very simple.

So indirectly being called a racist has you up in arms, but you're presumably happy with being called a religious bigot and xenophobe? Interesting.

WTF is wrong with you?

I'm not happy being called a xenophobe or a bigot either.

So wanting locals to get priority ahead of foreigners means I hate them.

Again, have a think before you post more unsubstantiated rubbish.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 18:43]

You have struggled to understand basic points all through this thread. I'm impressed Ux had the patience to keep trying with the class dumbo. Posting links to Wikipedia doesn't exactly help your case.

Anyway, I won't say it's nice to have you back Dimi or whoever you used to post as. I'll be counting the days until you get yourself banned again.

I look forward to the Syrian refugee welcome party, will you be in attendance?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 08:45 - Oct 8 with 1037 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 07:54 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

You have struggled to understand basic points all through this thread. I'm impressed Ux had the patience to keep trying with the class dumbo. Posting links to Wikipedia doesn't exactly help your case.

Anyway, I won't say it's nice to have you back Dimi or whoever you used to post as. I'll be counting the days until you get yourself banned again.

I look forward to the Syrian refugee welcome party, will you be in attendance?

Where are they holding this shin-dig? Probably easier to cut to the chase and have it at the Magistrate's Court. They'll all be seeing it soon enough.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:39 - Oct 8 with 1016 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 08:45 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

Where are they holding this shin-dig? Probably easier to cut to the chase and have it at the Magistrate's Court. They'll all be seeing it soon enough.

Are you referring to the refugees, or Dailew* and his fellow protestors?

* To ensure I don't upset him, I will confirm that this is meant as a joke and I am not actually suggesting that Dailew will be protesting if/when any refugees arrive in Swansea. I don't want the poor dear to get all upset again.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:47 - Oct 8 with 1010 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:39 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Are you referring to the refugees, or Dailew* and his fellow protestors?

* To ensure I don't upset him, I will confirm that this is meant as a joke and I am not actually suggesting that Dailew will be protesting if/when any refugees arrive in Swansea. I don't want the poor dear to get all upset again.

Too late, old son. You've gone and done it now....

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:50 - Oct 8 with 1007 viewsperchrockjack

Are you a "good " man lohengrin

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:53 - Oct 8 with 1000 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 09:50 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

Are you a "good " man lohengrin

Not sure why that matters, not sure I class myself as a "good" man. Lohengrin and I are poles apart on most issues I think, yet I respect him as a poster regardless, the reasons for which should be obvious.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 997 viewsperchrockjack

He s an excellent poster and a class act mainly because he avoids getting personal. I find this hard.

My comment is a sly riposte to what I see as some on here believing they are better in that they welcome Syrias with virtual open arms . I don't welcome them as a group nor anyone whom I regard as a possible threat to our nation.

I always put family and my country first before anyone or anything.

This apparently makes one a kind of devil, or so it looks.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:09 - Oct 8 with 987 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:00 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

He s an excellent poster and a class act mainly because he avoids getting personal. I find this hard.

My comment is a sly riposte to what I see as some on here believing they are better in that they welcome Syrias with virtual open arms . I don't welcome them as a group nor anyone whom I regard as a possible threat to our nation.

I always put family and my country first before anyone or anything.

This apparently makes one a kind of devil, or so it looks.

No-one has mentioned welcoming Syrian with open arms. Everyone who has shown sympathy has done so while making it clear that they are not advocating an 'open door' policy.

Let me put it like this. If you've watched children in the refugee camps with those looks of hopelessness on their faces, seen the bodies washing up dead on beaches, etc, and still feel you could physically stand in front of a handful of refugee families and tell them to their faces that they are not welcome here, then you're a very different man to me. Not better or worse, but very different. Perhaps it makes me weak, but I couldn't do it. Certainly not if I knew these were genuine refugees from a camp who have gone through all the necessary checks.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:25 - Oct 8 with 967 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:09 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

No-one has mentioned welcoming Syrian with open arms. Everyone who has shown sympathy has done so while making it clear that they are not advocating an 'open door' policy.

Let me put it like this. If you've watched children in the refugee camps with those looks of hopelessness on their faces, seen the bodies washing up dead on beaches, etc, and still feel you could physically stand in front of a handful of refugee families and tell them to their faces that they are not welcome here, then you're a very different man to me. Not better or worse, but very different. Perhaps it makes me weak, but I couldn't do it. Certainly not if I knew these were genuine refugees from a camp who have gone through all the necessary checks.

There has never been a time without refugee camps.

There never will be.

Try telling a local family in desperate need they're not getting a home.

Should be their choice. Not yours.

Easy to be nice and compassionate with other peoples' lives and money.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 11:50]

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:44 - Oct 8 with 959 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:09 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

What is does do is make you a fool who wants policy decided on the basis of a few emotive videos.

You're not Angela Merkin are you?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 928 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:25 - Oct 8 by dailew

There has never been a time without refugee camps.

There never will be.

Try telling a local family in desperate need they're not getting a home.

Should be their choice. Not yours.

Easy to be nice and compassionate with other peoples' lives and money.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 11:50]

Except for the oft-repeated fact that the houses they intend to use are empty and not wanted by/suitable for anyone on the waiting list.

Quite possibly because they're in an area the people waiting don't want to live in. Not an issue for the refugees I would imagine.

I was wrong earlier, it's not Dimi is it? Hello Parley.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:51 - Oct 8 with 912 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:19 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Except for the oft-repeated fact that the houses they intend to use are empty and not wanted by/suitable for anyone on the waiting list.

Quite possibly because they're in an area the people waiting don't want to live in. Not an issue for the refugees I would imagine.

I was wrong earlier, it's not Dimi is it? Hello Parley.

If you believe that then you're an even bigger fool, if that were possible.

And I won't bother trying to explain the opportunity costs involved in holding on to assets that you don't need. It's probably far too complex for you. I'll try and find an emotive video that explains it for you.

[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 12:56]

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:00 - Oct 8 with 886 viewsperchrockjack

If one reads the posts on here there is plenty of evidence to suggest "open arms" is an aposite description

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024