Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees 10:31 - Oct 3 with 17286 viewsdailew

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-homes-set-house-refugees/story-2

Disgusting.

Andrea Lewis, cabinet member for next generation services, said: "You can't help but to be moved and horrified by footage on the news of refugees risking their lives to escape war and persecution for better lives.

What a gullible idiot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:08 - Oct 3 with 1156 viewsDarran

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:05 - Oct 3 by Flashberryjack

"In fact I don't think you can get on the list if you don't already have a current address"
Really ?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:11 - Oct 3 with 1153 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:07 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

It's my understanding but I don't know for sure. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Corrected

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:25 - Oct 3 with 1130 viewsHumpty

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 by Darran

How many people on here have spare rooms and are prepared to take a couple of Syrians in?

I don't have spare room to take any Syrians in but I'm all for my council taxes going towards giving refuge to Syrian families fleeing a terrible war.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:33 - Oct 3 with 1119 viewsJack_Meoff

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 13:39 - Oct 3 by dailew

Shame the UK hasn't got a good government.

Bombing the Middle East and Afghanistan certainly hasn't made the "world a better and safer place".

Nope, but it's made arms dealers and oil companies a sh*tload of cash, which was always the motive in the first place.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:51 - Oct 3 with 1093 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:25 - Oct 3 by Humpty

I don't have spare room to take any Syrians in but I'm all for my council taxes going towards giving refuge to Syrian families fleeing a terrible war.

Do you think that's why we pay our rates then? To underwrite the flotsam and jetsam of foreign civil wars? That will come as a great comfort to those struggling to meet their bills around here, Hump. They're going to love that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:54 - Oct 3 with 1089 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 13:35 - Oct 3 by Private_Partz

Good Governments look after their own by trying to ensure the world is a better and safer place. The only government that looks after it's own per se is N Korea and even the fool there postures about nuking other nations.

You're funny.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:13 - Oct 3 with 1072 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 15:51 - Oct 3 by Lohengrin

Do you think that's why we pay our rates then? To underwrite the flotsam and jetsam of foreign civil wars? That will come as a great comfort to those struggling to meet their bills around here, Hump. They're going to love that.

If we did nt stir things up in Libya,Iraq,Syria and Afghanistan in the first place we would have saved billions that could have helped our homeless and prevented the humanitarian crisis taking place now.

Thats the price we have to pay I m afraid for not speaking up at the time.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:21 - Oct 3 with 1063 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:13 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

If we did nt stir things up in Libya,Iraq,Syria and Afghanistan in the first place we would have saved billions that could have helped our homeless and prevented the humanitarian crisis taking place now.

Thats the price we have to pay I m afraid for not speaking up at the time.

Yep !! should never have got involved in those sh*te hole countries........they deserve to be run by murderous dictators, should have left them get on with it.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:35 - Oct 3 with 1055 viewsperchrockjack

Yep, I'm sure ux would give one of his bedrooms to a Syrian family.

Like many, sadly, our own people are second best.

Still, being a better humanitarian than another looks good ..on here.

I rather fancied a better life some years back but didn't qualify.

Pitiful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:37 - Oct 3 with 1055 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:21 - Oct 3 by Flashberryjack

Yep !! should never have got involved in those sh*te hole countries........they deserve to be run by murderous dictators, should have left them get on with it.

Well basically...yes.

The people of Libya,Iraq and Syria enjoyed a standard of living higher than ours before we interfered there.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:38 - Oct 3 with 1048 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:40 - Oct 3 by JackSomething

You're obviously an intelligent person, so I'm surprised you missed this part of the article:

"The type of properties being looked at are two to three-bedroom homes that have no waiting lists, meaning there will not be an impact on local families waiting for homes."

Why worry about the truth when it gets in the way of paranoid, right wing hate and fear.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 1038 viewsperchrockjack

Plenty of paranoia in left wing too

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:47 - Oct 3 with 1036 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:42 - Oct 3 by perchrockjack

Plenty of paranoia in left wing too

True perchy, very true. I don't mind seeing a little bit of humility and compassion, whatever the colour of the politics. Sad that some do and are so wrapped up in hate these days.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:49 - Oct 3 with 1031 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:38 - Oct 3 by LeonisGod

Why worry about the truth when it gets in the way of paranoid, right wing hate and fear.

That's right because concerns about the allocation of local social housing stock are the first thing that springs to mind when you think about monetarists, isn't it?

Think about this now: do you honestly think that out of the thousands on the housing list there is nobody, not a soul, waiting for either a two or three bedroom home to become available? The previous occupants either having passed away or moved on, a council housing officer standing outside shouting roll-up, roll-up but nobody is? Is that your truth?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:53 - Oct 3 with 1024 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:37 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

Well basically...yes.

The people of Libya,Iraq and Syria enjoyed a standard of living higher than ours before we interfered there.

Yes lot's did have a higher standard of living under Gadaffi and his like, but a lot more didn't.
Torture, murder, rape......but a least he kept them from becoming refugees.

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:54 - Oct 3 with 1023 viewsblueytheblue

Equally how many are genuine refugees and how many are simply economic migrants - and more importantly, how do the powers that be check?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:55 - Oct 3 with 1020 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:54 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

Equally how many are genuine refugees and how many are simply economic migrants - and more importantly, how do the powers that be check?

The refugees coming to the UK are being drawn from the camps in Syria which are full of displaced people.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2015 16:55]

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:03 - Oct 3 with 1006 viewsskippyjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:35 - Oct 3 by perchrockjack

Yep, I'm sure ux would give one of his bedrooms to a Syrian family.

Like many, sadly, our own people are second best.

Still, being a better humanitarian than another looks good ..on here.

I rather fancied a better life some years back but didn't qualify.

Pitiful

hypocrites perch... the lot of them.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:04 - Oct 3 with 1005 viewsblueytheblue

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:55 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

The refugees coming to the UK are being drawn from the camps in Syria which are full of displaced people.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2015 16:55]

Being in a camp doesn't make you a refugee necessarily. Look at Sangatte (spelliing?).

Genuine refugees should be helped with provision for them to return home when it's safe to. The reality is, without vigorous checking we don't know who is being let into the UK nor their motivations.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:07 - Oct 3 with 1001 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:04 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

Being in a camp doesn't make you a refugee necessarily. Look at Sangatte (spelliing?).

Genuine refugees should be helped with provision for them to return home when it's safe to. The reality is, without vigorous checking we don't know who is being let into the UK nor their motivations.

Well I can't imagine many are going to abandon their homes to voluntarily resettle in a refugee camp on the borders of the country with few facilities, little sanitation abd variable prospects to be honest. But I could be wrong.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 996 viewsblueytheblue

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:07 - Oct 3 by exiledclaseboy

Well I can't imagine many are going to abandon their homes to voluntarily resettle in a refugee camp on the borders of the country with few facilities, little sanitation abd variable prospects to be honest. But I could be wrong.

Who knows,

Equally, if I was ISIS and wanted to spread devotees/cultists into a nation I despise, that would be one option.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:10 - Oct 3 with 992 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:54 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

Your guess is as good as mine or Cameron as to how many are genuine refugees.
If they say they come from Syria...who do you check with in Syria if they genuine.
Nearly everyone I've seen the media interview say the same thing, then you see loads of young fit men that look more like they've come from Parkistan than Syria.

Hello

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 987 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:09 - Oct 3 by blueytheblue

Who knows,

Equally, if I was ISIS and wanted to spread devotees/cultists into a nation I despise, that would be one option.

Ah, the theory that ISIS is despatching its finest on the refugee trail to infiltrate Europe. It's perfect for a series of increasingly untrue Facebook memes.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 975 viewsperchrockjack

Not all of them are hypocrites but it's always the same with lefties.

Let's take our chum jez Corby, massive human rights man and all for the poor but brought up in a seven bedroom home, private school ,then university activist leading to right on feck the bosses Union man.

I well remember tony cross land also large house fashionable wife scrapping grammar schools which were the best avenue for poorer kids to get a good education. This guy wanted the smash the burgoisese, etc whilst having parties with the very best pome roll.

These people wouldn't give up their shithouse for a refugee and neither would any on here.

No need to find houses for Syrians as plenty of spare rooms within planet swans community.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:21 - Oct 3 with 972 viewsskippyjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 17:15 - Oct 3 by perchrockjack

Not all of them are hypocrites but it's always the same with lefties.

Let's take our chum jez Corby, massive human rights man and all for the poor but brought up in a seven bedroom home, private school ,then university activist leading to right on feck the bosses Union man.

I well remember tony cross land also large house fashionable wife scrapping grammar schools which were the best avenue for poorer kids to get a good education. This guy wanted the smash the burgoisese, etc whilst having parties with the very best pome roll.

These people wouldn't give up their shithouse for a refugee and neither would any on here.

No need to find houses for Syrians as plenty of spare rooms within planet swans community.

Communism perch..

Lefties who voted for Labour that caused this refugee crisis want to make amends..

but couldn't give a f*ck for the homeless in this country.. which they've also caused.

hypocrites.. i'm not ring wing.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024