Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS figures released today... 13:23 - Oct 9 with 3624 viewsStarsky

... £930m dificit for the first 3 months of this financial year.

Predicting a £2billion deficit accross all 239 NHS trusts this year.

More patients than ever

Using expensive agency staff because of staff shortages.

I thought our increasing population wasn't going to affect the NHS?

Is the extra income that's being generated by immigrants not being ploughed into the NHS?

I'm not an economist but shouldn't we employ more NHS staff. We could start by employing the agency personnel on the NHS books.

Doesn't more staff increase the patient turnaround, reducing waiting times.

It's not fecking rocket science is it?

Has BUPA sucked the quality out of the NHS? The comparative difference of service is staggering.

The treatment is so much better in America. They pay for it... Just like we do.
Ones a private health plan and the others a tax.

My father diedbefore the NHS even got round to confirming he had dementia/altzheimers?

Politians ... Either fix it or feck off
[Post edited 9 Oct 2015 13:25]

It's just the internet, init.

NHS figures released today... on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 1450 viewsUxbridge

It's almost as if the NHS is underfunded.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

NHS figures released today... on 13:26 - Oct 9 with 1447 viewsStarsky

NHS figures released today... on 13:25 - Oct 9 by Uxbridge

That too.

If we've got to pay more then so be it but it ain't working at the moment.

NHS figures released today... on 13:35 - Oct 9 with 1437 viewsdickythorpe

Just print more money at Llantrisant and throw it at them.
NHS figures released today... on 13:39 - Oct 9 with 1433 viewsFlashberryjack

NHS figures released today... on 13:25 - Oct 9 by Uxbridge

It is underfunded for the amount of population it's expected to serve.....an extra 300,000 according to net migration.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

NHS figures released today... on 13:56 - Oct 9 with 1414 viewsUxbridge

NHS figures released today... on 13:39 - Oct 9 by Flashberryjack

It is underfunded for the amount of population it's expected to serve.....an extra 300,000 according to net migration.

It should be funded according to actual population levels and needs, not mythical ones.

Of course, study after study confirms that migration actually benefits our economy, so there's no excuse not to do so.

NHS figures released today... on 14:31 - Oct 9 with 1396 viewsFlashberryjack

NHS figures released today... on 13:56 - Oct 9 by Uxbridge

It should be funded according to actual population levels and needs, not mythical ones.

Of course, study after study confirms that migration actually benefits our economy, so there's no excuse not to do so.

So migration watch gives figures, which in your opinion are mythical.... but other study's on migration you agree with.
If the other study's are correct, why aren't we encouraging more migrants into the country, it would solve a lot of problems ?

Hello

NHS figures released today... on 14:35 - Oct 9 with 1387 viewsJack_Meoff

I wonder how much has been siphoned off into private hands via PFI's since 1992. Robbing thieving b*stards.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

NHS figures released today... on 14:50 - Oct 9 with 1369 viewslondonlisa2001

Given the budget for NHS England (which is what this refers to - Wales & Scotland are obviously devolved) is c. £114bn for this year, a deficit of £2bn for the year, although it sounds huge, basically means they are on budget. It's less than 2%.

The point re agency staff is crucial - the numbers are staggering and it has to be sorted out over the next few years - obviously can't be done immediately as it takes time to train up nurses / doctors and administration staff as well.

The problem with the NHS to an extent, is that it will always be 'underfunded' as the population gets older and medical advances mean that more and more illnesses can be treated and people will rightly expect that they receive the most up to date treatment that exists.
Login to get fewer ads

NHS figures released today... on 14:50 - Oct 9 with 1369 viewsFlashberryjack

NHS figures released today... on 14:35 - Oct 9 by Jack_Meoff

I wonder how much has been siphoned off into private hands via PFI's since 1992. Robbing thieving b*stards.

Yes!! I wonder.
Sadly the NHS has been a feeding trough for a lot of people.

Hello

NHS figures released today... on 14:55 - Oct 9 with 1362 viewsGroo

Agency nurses are paid better than NHS nurses, which is why once trained a large number opts for agency.

Groo does what Groo does best

NHS figures released today... on 14:56 - Oct 9 with 1356 viewsUxbridge

NHS figures released today... on 14:31 - Oct 9 by Flashberryjack

So migration watch gives figures, which in your opinion are mythical.... but other study's on migration you agree with.
If the other study's are correct, why aren't we encouraging more migrants into the country, it would solve a lot of problems ?

What does that have to do with underfunding the NHS. Or are you saying any immigrants don't contribute to the exchequer?

NHS figures released today... on 15:17 - Oct 9 with 1340 viewsFlashberryjack

NHS figures released today... on 14:56 - Oct 9 by Uxbridge

What does that have to do with underfunding the NHS. Or are you saying any immigrants don't contribute to the exchequer?

I didn't disagree that the NHS is underfunded....I merely pointed out that the immigration figures of 300,000 quoted by "Immigration watch" would also have put an extra strain on the NHS budget and resources.....but of course I now realise that those figures are mythical.

And neither did I say immigrants don't contribute to the exchequer.

Hello

NHS figures released today... on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 1332 viewsUxbridge

NHS figures released today... on 15:17 - Oct 9 by Flashberryjack

I didn't disagree that the NHS is underfunded....I merely pointed out that the immigration figures of 300,000 quoted by "Immigration watch" would also have put an extra strain on the NHS budget and resources.....but of course I now realise that those figures are mythical.

And neither did I say immigrants don't contribute to the exchequer.

So what's your point? I point to a study saying that immigration does not have a negative impact on the exchequer, and say that the NHS is underfunded based on the population levels and needs to be increase appropriately.

If there are 300,000 more people in the UK, and I wouldn't argue either way on that, then the NHS needs funding appropriately. The exchequer is choosing not to. That is my issue. No idea why this is being turned into yet another immigration argument ... they are not the cause of this nations ills ...

NHS figures released today... on 15:31 - Oct 9 with 1322 viewsStarsky

NHS figures released today... on 15:21 - Oct 9 by Uxbridge

So what's your point? I point to a study saying that immigration does not have a negative impact on the exchequer, and say that the NHS is underfunded based on the population levels and needs to be increase appropriately.

If there are 300,000 more people in the UK, and I wouldn't argue either way on that, then the NHS needs funding appropriately. The exchequer is choosing not to. That is my issue. No idea why this is being turned into yet another immigration argument ... they are not the cause of this nations ills ...

It's not the fault of the immigrants. It's the fault of the Chancellor not taken them and the baby boom into account.
We're being short changed on a service that we pay for. It isn't free.

NHS figures released today... on 15:39 - Oct 9 with 1313 viewslonglostjack

No matter what the problem let's blame the immigrants. Nothing to do with growing levels of obesity. Nothing to do with everybody piling into A&E because GP's can't be contacted at weekends. Nothing to do with huge sums wasted on IT consultancies and botched reorganizations - no let's blame the immigrants. Pathetic

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

NHS figures released today... on 16:02 - Oct 9 with 1292 viewsHighjack

Another massive drain is the reams of hypocondriacs who take up doctors valuable time with sniffles and minor ailments.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

NHS figures released today... on 17:20 - Oct 9 with 1242 viewsmonmouth

Just think of all that lovely lolly that saved bankers, their shareholders, and their future bonuses. Oh and all the money on the middle eastern wars to create the current 'terrorism threat'. Oh and zillions on unusable pointless trident.

We could have first class hospital care for all if we so choose, and first class defence capability against genuine threats.

...and the public wants what the public gets.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

NHS figures released today... on 17:22 - Oct 9 with 1241 viewsFlashberryjack

NHS figures released today... on 15:39 - Oct 9 by longlostjack

No matter what the problem let's blame the immigrants. Nothing to do with growing levels of obesity. Nothing to do with everybody piling into A&E because GP's can't be contacted at weekends. Nothing to do with huge sums wasted on IT consultancies and botched reorganizations - no let's blame the immigrants. Pathetic

Who is blaming immigrants ? in my humble opinion, there are many factors that are overstretching the NHS, some more so than others.
Under funding is obviously the main cause, increase in population is also a problem, hence I mentioned the 300,000 immigrants last year, as for obesity, I'm sure there are obese immigrants as well.

Hello

NHS figures released today... on 17:29 - Oct 9 with 1231 viewsdgt73

NHS figures released today... on 17:20 - Oct 9 by monmouth

Just think of all that lovely lolly that saved bankers, their shareholders, and their future bonuses. Oh and all the money on the middle eastern wars to create the current 'terrorism threat'. Oh and zillions on unusable pointless trident.

We could have first class hospital care for all if we so choose, and first class defence capability against genuine threats.

You forgot to mention the billions wasted on overseas aid and the Frankenstein project ( otherwise known as the EU). The sooner the nhs collapses the better.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

NHS figures released today... on 17:33 - Oct 9 with 1224 viewslondonlisa2001

NHS figures released today... on 17:20 - Oct 9 by monmouth

Have to disagree with some of that Mon - the lolly didn't save the bankers, shareholders etc, it saved the millions of people in this country that would have lost all their savings and a collapse of the banking system here would have put the country into a deep depression for years and years which really wouldn't have been good news for any public services.

I personally also think we need to keep Trident.
NHS figures released today... on 17:42 - Oct 9 with 1216 viewsmonmouth

NHS figures released today... on 17:33 - Oct 9 by londonlisa2001

Have to disagree with some of that Mon - the lolly didn't save the bankers, shareholders etc, it saved the millions of people in this country that would have lost all their savings and a collapse of the banking system here would have put the country into a deep depression for years and years which really wouldn't have been good news for any public services.

I personally also think we need to keep Trident.

I reckon that customer deposits could have been guaranteed without propping up the share prices. The government could have properly nationalised RBS and HBOS for zilch like B&B instead of buying shares at the price they chose and selling in a rush now lower.

fair call though; I haven't thought about it in any depth. That still leaves Iraq etc, and trident is just a matter of opinion.

NHS figures released today... on 17:48 - Oct 9 with 1206 viewslondonlisa2001

NHS figures released today... on 17:42 - Oct 9 by monmouth

I reckon that customer deposits could have been guaranteed without propping up the share prices. The government could have properly nationalised RBS and HBOS for zilch like B&B instead of buying shares at the price they chose and selling in a rush now lower.

fair call though; I haven't thought about it in any depth. That still leaves Iraq etc, and trident is just a matter of opinion.

Well up to a level they could have been guaranteed as they are now, but a lot of people would lose out. Also, with a rush on the banks (which is what would have happened) there would have been carnage. And an enormous number of big pension funds were invested in the banks' shares, so by avoiding propping up the share price, the hit still would have happened just indirectly, as huge pension schemes would have gone into disarray, causing massive calls on the PPF, which would have led to the same public money, just in different ways.

Trident is just opinion, but I agree completely about Iraq etc - we shouldn't be spending money getting involved in such things.
NHS figures released today... on 17:59 - Oct 9 with 1193 viewsmonmouth

NHS figures released today... on 17:48 - Oct 9 by londonlisa2001

Well up to a level they could have been guaranteed as they are now, but a lot of people would lose out. Also, with a rush on the banks (which is what would have happened) there would have been carnage. And an enormous number of big pension funds were invested in the banks' shares, so by avoiding propping up the share price, the hit still would have happened just indirectly, as huge pension schemes would have gone into disarray, causing massive calls on the PPF, which would have led to the same public money, just in different ways.

Trident is just opinion, but I agree completely about Iraq etc - we shouldn't be spending money getting involved in such things.

you could be right although I don't see the run on the two banks as the effect would have been the same, just the price the govt paid would have been lower or nil. The same liquidity guarantees would exist and most of the big pension funds had balanced their holdings after the 2001-2004 'crash' hadn't they? Investors would have taken a bigger hit but why shouldn't they? Their investment had failed.

Anyway, I'll withdraw that one and stick to my wars!

NHS figures released today... on 18:08 - Oct 9 with 1174 viewstrampie

As long as the police get their pensions, teachers their holidays and doctors their pay and pensions then do the red and blue Tories care about others that are paid out of the public purse ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

NHS figures released today... on 18:12 - Oct 9 with 1169 viewslondonlisa2001

NHS figures released today... on 17:59 - Oct 9 by monmouth

you could be right although I don't see the run on the two banks as the effect would have been the same, just the price the govt paid would have been lower or nil. The same liquidity guarantees would exist and most of the big pension funds had balanced their holdings after the 2001-2004 'crash' hadn't they? Investors would have taken a bigger hit but why shouldn't they? Their investment had failed.

Anyway, I'll withdraw that one and stick to my wars!

If the two banks had gone every single bank in the country (including the mutuals) would have gone as well though - the domino effect couldn't have been avoided. And even now, the big pension funds hold huge stakes. At the time of the crash, Legal & General were apparently one of the biggest holders of Lloyds stock with about 5% ish. Barclays Bank were another huge holder - they are all so interconnected.

There are many many things that governments do that I completely disagree with, but I have to say that keeping the banking sector open for business wasn't one of them.

Where they have failed in my opinion, is by not more firmly stopping the likelihood of it ever happening again by insisting on immediate and full separation and segregation of the retail banking from the rest of the industry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024