Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? 15:12 - Oct 23 with 11803 viewsWxmJax

Why do so many cyclists take to the road wearing black ? The ordinary cyclists are bad enough but those that have all the gear and the expensive bikes I just don't understand. Why don't they wear something that's high viz ? Roads are dangerous enough without making yourself more difficult to be seen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:18 - Oct 23 with 3063 viewsBatterseajack

Conversely, why are driving standard so bad these days?
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:29 - Oct 23 with 3046 viewsPegojack

My flourescent yellow cycling jacket gave up the ghost this week and I was scouring E-bay this afternoon for a replacement.

To re-inforce the OPs argument, I was surprised to see that a high proportion of the (thousands of) jackets on offer were black or dark colours.

It'll be another garish flourescent one for me, you have to give yourself every chance possible when you're out on the roads, mixing it with arctics and geriatric car drivers.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:55 - Oct 23 with 3018 viewsHighjack

One of the biggest frustrations in life is some fluorescent, Lycra cladded cu nt cycling very slowly on the road holding the traffic up when there's a purpose built cycle track next to the road going completely unused. I think it should be legal to ram them off under those circumstances.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:09 - Oct 23 with 3011 viewslifelong

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:55 - Oct 23 by Highjack

One of the biggest frustrations in life is some fluorescent, Lycra cladded cu nt cycling very slowly on the road holding the traffic up when there's a purpose built cycle track next to the road going completely unused. I think it should be legal to ram them off under those circumstances.

I don't agree with your solution to this problem but I have to say that there are a lot of cyclists still using busy main roads in the same vicinity as cycle tracks.

The road between Loughor and Llanelli, and on to Burry Port, is a good example, loads of cyclists still using these roads when there is a very good cycle track nearby.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:26 - Oct 23 with 2996 viewsBatterseajack

If you were on road bike, you'd expect to be able to use it on a road regardless of if you were aware of there being a footpath/cycle path near by.

Shared use cycle ways have their own issues with dog walkers and peds crossing in front of you without any warning.

The funny thing about drivers getting annoyed with cyclists is that they get wound the f*ck up for being held up for 5 or 10 seconds by a cyclist, only for them to then get held up in long traffic caused by other motorists at the next set of lights, and the next set, and the next and so forth.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:44 - Oct 23 with 2983 viewslifelong

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:26 - Oct 23 by Batterseajack

If you were on road bike, you'd expect to be able to use it on a road regardless of if you were aware of there being a footpath/cycle path near by.

Shared use cycle ways have their own issues with dog walkers and peds crossing in front of you without any warning.

The funny thing about drivers getting annoyed with cyclists is that they get wound the f*ck up for being held up for 5 or 10 seconds by a cyclist, only for them to then get held up in long traffic caused by other motorists at the next set of lights, and the next set, and the next and so forth.

I was thinking of it more of a safety issue for the cyclist. I've done a fair bit of cycling and fully realise the dangers of cycling on busy roads, isn't that one of the reasons millions of pounds were spent on cycle tracks?
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:16 - Oct 23 with 2947 viewsdgt73

Motorists getting frustrated by cyclists - tough tits is what i say. More cyclists we need , instead of lazy people making unnecessary car journeys.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:59 - Oct 23 with 2820 viewsJackFish

You should try driving in Bristol, full of the cvnts cycling around at night wearing dark clothing and no lights.
Login to get fewer ads

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:08 - Oct 23 with 2809 viewsbuilthjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:59 - Oct 23 by JackFish

You should try driving in Bristol, full of the cvnts cycling around at night wearing dark clothing and no lights.

They could be out on the rob

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:10 - Oct 23 with 2807 viewsblueytheblue

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:16 - Oct 23 by dgt73

Motorists getting frustrated by cyclists - tough tits is what i say. More cyclists we need , instead of lazy people making unnecessary car journeys.

Walking back after picking my son up from school, one of those nice cyclists hurled abuse his way having nearly hit him whilst going through a red light...

Nothing wrong with cyclists per se, just the arsehole ones who believe they've a divine right to ignore any sense on the road.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 2791 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:10 - Oct 23 by blueytheblue

Walking back after picking my son up from school, one of those nice cyclists hurled abuse his way having nearly hit him whilst going through a red light...

Nothing wrong with cyclists per se, just the arsehole ones who believe they've a divine right to ignore any sense on the road.

For every one bad cyclist, there are 1000 bad motorists. I drive on the motorways most days and you should see the amount of motorists who think they have the divine right to drive in whatever way they see fit too.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:57 - Oct 23 with 2769 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:44 - Oct 23 by lifelong

I was thinking of it more of a safety issue for the cyclist. I've done a fair bit of cycling and fully realise the dangers of cycling on busy roads, isn't that one of the reasons millions of pounds were spent on cycle tracks?

Thanks for your concern. But the roads are not owned by motorists and cycle paths may not always the best route of choice for a cyclist. We are legally aloud to use the road so what is the issue?

cyclist should be celebrated, we take the pressure off the pressurised road network taken up by motorists clogging up the road. Maybe more cyclists is the solution? I commute to work between 50 and 200km a week by bike and love it, maybe I should drive a car instead to appease the motorists.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 2766 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:10 - Oct 23 by blueytheblue

Road rage is not a uniquely cycle related issue
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:16 - Oct 23 with 2746 viewsblueytheblue

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:58 - Oct 23 by Batterseajack

Road rage is not a uniquely cycle related issue

Not at all, but admittedly from personal experience rather than objective statistics, it seems the majority of cyclists ride through red lights as opposed to a minority of car drivers.

Cycling is cool - my dad used to make bike frames for competitive cyclists but some cyclists don't make things easy for themselves.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:21 - Oct 23 with 2739 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:16 - Oct 23 by blueytheblue

Not at all, but admittedly from personal experience rather than objective statistics, it seems the majority of cyclists ride through red lights as opposed to a minority of car drivers.

Cycling is cool - my dad used to make bike frames for competitive cyclists but some cyclists don't make things easy for themselves.

Nonsense - that the majority of cyclists go through red lights. Can't believe you actually said that. PMSL.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 23:22]

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:23 - Oct 23 with 2730 viewsJackFish

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:21 - Oct 23 by dgt73

Nonsense - that the majority of cyclists go through red lights. Can't believe you actually said that. PMSL.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 23:22]

As a driver and a cyclist, yes, yes they definitely do.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:23 - Oct 23 with 2729 viewsClinton

Most people are half decent whether they are driving, cycling or pedestrians.
Some people are numpties and when they are cycling, driving, or walking they contrive to act like fools and inconvenience other highway users.
It's wrong to judge all cyclists, drivers, or pedestrians by the actions of the numpties.
Live and let live.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:24 - Oct 23 with 2721 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:23 - Oct 23 by JackFish

As a driver and a cyclist, yes, yes they definitely do.

Bollocks.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:25 - Oct 23 with 2718 viewsJackFish

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:24 - Oct 23 by dgt73

Bollocks.

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time you've spouted it.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:28 - Oct 23 with 2706 viewsdgt73

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:25 - Oct 23 by JackFish

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time you've spouted it.

Well it's true you are talking bollocks. The vast majority of cyclists do not go through red lights - if that was the case - there'd be a lot more cyclists injured or killed at traffic lights. Whether you're driving a car or on a bike - you'd have to be nuts to jump a red light.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:33 - Oct 23 with 2698 viewsJackFish

Maybe it's different where you live, but I see dozens of cyclists doing ridiculous things every day, whether that be going through red lights, cycling on the pavement, cycling at night with no lights or blindly swerving out in front of traffic.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:35 - Oct 23 with 2682 viewsDarran

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:33 - Oct 23 by JackFish

Maybe it's different where you live, but I see dozens of cyclists doing ridiculous things every day, whether that be going through red lights, cycling on the pavement, cycling at night with no lights or blindly swerving out in front of traffic.

I agree with you Matthew I do a lot of driving and the cycling problem is getting worse.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:43 - Oct 23 with 2682 viewsJFSwan

Loughor is a poor example, I regularly hit +20mph down there cycling on the flat roads and would be very dangerous on the path with familys pootling along , extendable dog leads and joggers.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 2674 viewslifelong

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 22:57 - Oct 23 by Batterseajack

Thanks for your concern. But the roads are not owned by motorists and cycle paths may not always the best route of choice for a cyclist. We are legally aloud to use the road so what is the issue?

cyclist should be celebrated, we take the pressure off the pressurised road network taken up by motorists clogging up the road. Maybe more cyclists is the solution? I commute to work between 50 and 200km a week by bike and love it, maybe I should drive a car instead to appease the motorists.

Cyclists are not legally allowed to use all roads, the issue I was attempting to put across is that millions of pounds have been spent to provide cycle paths and a number of cyclists refuse to use them.
Cyclists on unrestricted roads, especially now with the days shortening and poor weather conditions, are a danger to themselves and other road users.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 00:06 - Oct 24 with 2667 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:55 - Oct 23 by lifelong

Cyclists are not legally allowed to use all roads, the issue I was attempting to put across is that millions of pounds have been spent to provide cycle paths and a number of cyclists refuse to use them.
Cyclists on unrestricted roads, especially now with the days shortening and poor weather conditions, are a danger to themselves and other road users.

What a load of sh!t. Isn't it common knowledge that cyclist can use all roads other than motorways. Cyclepaths are a good initiative to normalise cycling as a mode of transport and more are needed. That's not to say the current provisions are adequate. I would expect most drivers understood they don't own the road and should pay due care and attention when using them, and chill out a bit
Whilst doing so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024