Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? 15:12 - Oct 23 with 11780 viewsWxmJax

Why do so many cyclists take to the road wearing black ? The ordinary cyclists are bad enough but those that have all the gear and the expensive bikes I just don't understand. Why don't they wear something that's high viz ? Roads are dangerous enough without making yourself more difficult to be seen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:33 - Oct 24 with 1896 viewsBatterseajack

Going back to the original question, as a cyclist I would say that we are very conceited. You have to be to a degree to want to shave your legs.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:49 - Oct 24 with 1876 viewsLeonisGod

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:55 - Oct 23 by lifelong

Cyclists are not legally allowed to use all roads, the issue I was attempting to put across is that millions of pounds have been spent to provide cycle paths and a number of cyclists refuse to use them.
Cyclists on unrestricted roads, especially now with the days shortening and poor weather conditions, are a danger to themselves and other road users.

A lot of cycle paths are unsuited to cycling, that's the problem. Fine for kids and families pootling along, but that's about it. Cyclists are allowed to use the roads (except motorways) and most will be drivers too, so I don't understand the sense of entitlement that some people in cars seem have. To me it just reflects the increasingly selfish attitudes in society. There's something about being wrapped in 1.5 tonnes of metal that turns some people into idiots. (That's a general comment and not aimed at you).
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:50 - Oct 24 with 1876 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:15 - Oct 24 by dgt73

Well he seems to be an expert on the habits of cyclists in London - truth is he just makes it up as he goes along.

PMSL.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:52 - Oct 24 with 1873 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:33 - Oct 24 by Batterseajack

Going back to the original question, as a cyclist I would say that we are very conceited. You have to be to a degree to want to shave your legs.

Does it make you go faster or is an attempt to look like an even bigger cünt?

Serious question.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 11:21 - Oct 24 with 1854 viewsdickythorpe

The cyclists who ride side by side spoil it for me.

Do serious cyclists really shave their legs?
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 11:48 - Oct 24 with 1833 viewslifelong

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:49 - Oct 24 by LeonisGod

A lot of cycle paths are unsuited to cycling, that's the problem. Fine for kids and families pootling along, but that's about it. Cyclists are allowed to use the roads (except motorways) and most will be drivers too, so I don't understand the sense of entitlement that some people in cars seem have. To me it just reflects the increasingly selfish attitudes in society. There's something about being wrapped in 1.5 tonnes of metal that turns some people into idiots. (That's a general comment and not aimed at you).

'A lot of cycle paths are unsuited to cycling' That's a bit of a strange statement?

I would say a lot of roads are unsuited to cycling, especially major roads and duel carriageways where there is a speed limit of 60 or 70 MPH.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 12:28 - Oct 24 with 1800 viewsHighjack

When I was a kid my brother convinced me that a menstrual cycle was one of those bikes with the basket on the front that old women kept their dogs in.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 12:37 - Oct 24 with 1790 viewsPhil_S

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:49 - Oct 24 by LeonisGod

And on the flip side there is something about sitting on a bicycle that makes some people believe that the rules and laws relating to the road do not apply to them
Login to get fewer ads

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:45 - Oct 24 with 1723 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 23:33 - Oct 23 by JackFish

Maybe it's different where you live, but I see dozens of cyclists doing ridiculous things every day, whether that be going through red lights, cycling on the pavement, cycling at night with no lights or blindly swerving out in front of traffic.

Cycling two abreast !! does my f*cking swede inm.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:29 - Oct 24 with 1705 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:45 - Oct 24 by Flashberryjack

Perfectly legal though, and cyclists are advised to do so by the Highway Code
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:34 - Oct 24 with 1703 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:52 - Oct 24 by WarwickHunt

Does it make you go faster or is an attempt to look like an even bigger cünt?

Serious question.

It makes you a little bit faster, but that's almost irrelevant as you spend most of your time drafting behind someone's arse. But the truth is we do it because it looks fantastic and pro.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:37 - Oct 24 with 1696 viewsPacemaker

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:45 - Oct 24 by Flashberryjack

Two abreast is as advised in the Highway Code except in narrow roads. Same for horses as well.

As someone who commutes to Bridgend regularly the cycle paths are just not suitable for a road bike over any distance, I also find most motorists give me a wide berth on the A48 but some quite obviously try to get as close as they can. I do ride cycle paths on my MTB when put with the Mrs as she is a nervous cyclist, you do then get pedestrians and dog walkers walking aimlessly in your path in the cycle zones and moan about cyclists, so you just can't win.

I have seen cyclists riding up the Heads of the Vallets A465 from Neath to Hirwaun not something I would ever do just way too busy and fast and there is a perfectly good route using the old A465 which is virtually empty these days.

I try and cause as least inconvenience to motorists as I can but filter through stationary traffic at traffic lights or queues of traffic because I can, I cannot see why that annoys people that is a benefit of being on a bike. I never jump lights or mount pavements.

As for black clothing it's virtually all you can buy in tights or shorts. Most cyclists wear bright coloured tops and most rain jackets are only available in bright colours. I have lights on the bike from now until the end of April.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:29 - Oct 24 by Batterseajack

Perfectly legal though, and cyclists are advised to do so by the Highway Code

Why would they be advised to ride 2 abreast ?

Hello

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:54 - Oct 24 with 1674 viewsMillJack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:52 - Oct 24 by Flashberryjack

Because it reduces the time taken to overtake them if you're in a car. Imagine 20 cyclists in single file versus 10 x 2 abreast and you'll get the picture.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 1674 viewsHighjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:37 - Oct 24 by Pacemaker

Two abreast is as advised in the Highway Code except in narrow roads. Same for horses as well.

As someone who commutes to Bridgend regularly the cycle paths are just not suitable for a road bike over any distance, I also find most motorists give me a wide berth on the A48 but some quite obviously try to get as close as they can. I do ride cycle paths on my MTB when put with the Mrs as she is a nervous cyclist, you do then get pedestrians and dog walkers walking aimlessly in your path in the cycle zones and moan about cyclists, so you just can't win.

I have seen cyclists riding up the Heads of the Vallets A465 from Neath to Hirwaun not something I would ever do just way too busy and fast and there is a perfectly good route using the old A465 which is virtually empty these days.

I try and cause as least inconvenience to motorists as I can but filter through stationary traffic at traffic lights or queues of traffic because I can, I cannot see why that annoys people that is a benefit of being on a bike. I never jump lights or mount pavements.

As for black clothing it's virtually all you can buy in tights or shorts. Most cyclists wear bright coloured tops and most rain jackets are only available in bright colours. I have lights on the bike from now until the end of April.

I've never seen horses on bikes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:55 - Oct 24 with 1669 viewsMillJack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:52 - Oct 24 by Flashberryjack

http://ukcyclelaws.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-laws-according-to-highway-code.html?m=1

This explains it better than me!
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:11 - Oct 24 with 1654 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:55 - Oct 24 by MillJack

http://ukcyclelaws.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-laws-according-to-highway-code.html?m=1

This explains it better than me!

Cyclists are allowed to cycle two abreast! Rule 66 states you should never cycle more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads. This means cycles are perfectly legal to cycle side by side on most roads in the UK.

"Narrow or busy roads" I would say most main roads are busy roads ....and how narrow does a road have to be, to be classed as a "narrow road".....stupid part of the highway code IMO and needs to be changed.

Hello

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:20 - Oct 24 with 1644 viewsperchrockjack

Car drivers are clueless often arrogant knobheads believing they own the road

Why do some think they can drive a powerful car with just basic instruction to pass a simple driving test.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:30 - Oct 24 with 1635 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:20 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Car drivers are clueless often arrogant knobheads believing they own the road

Why do some think they can drive a powerful car with just basic instruction to pass a simple driving test.

Do you drive Perchy ?

Hello

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:56 - Oct 24 with 1618 viewsperchrockjack

Yes. I'm an advanced class 1 driver in both cars and motorcycles.

I cycle regularly and see arseholes behaving appallingly towards cyclists, not saying some cyclists aren't tw@ts.

Horses far less suited to roads.

A pest and danger on wirral

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:31 - Oct 24 with 1598 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:56 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Yes. I'm an advanced class 1 driver in both cars and motorcycles.

I cycle regularly and see arseholes behaving appallingly towards cyclists, not saying some cyclists aren't tw@ts.

Horses far less suited to roads.

A pest and danger on wirral

A class 1 eh!........who'd have thunk it

Hello

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:41 - Oct 24 with 1587 viewsperchrockjack

Dually qualified.several police officers are such.

It stays with you for life.

Life can end on a highway in an instant.

Seriously, trust me on that.

Also I was serious as regards horse riding especially young kids on large horses on B roads.

Horses on a road should only be in a box trailer

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:05 - Oct 24 with 1565 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:08 - Oct 24 with 1561 viewsJack_Meoff

If the law states that cyclists can cycle two abreast then they're perfectly entitled to do so. Surely spleen should be vented against this law rather than the cyclists that adhere to said law?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:20 - Oct 24 with 1554 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:08 - Oct 24 by Jack_Meoff

If the law states that cyclists can cycle two abreast then they're perfectly entitled to do so. Surely spleen should be vented against this law rather than the cyclists that adhere to said law?

But the law say's single file on busy roads ......so they're not entitled, but they f*cking well do.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024