Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? 15:12 - Oct 23 with 11802 viewsWxmJax

Why do so many cyclists take to the road wearing black ? The ordinary cyclists are bad enough but those that have all the gear and the expensive bikes I just don't understand. Why don't they wear something that's high viz ? Roads are dangerous enough without making yourself more difficult to be seen.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:20 - Oct 27 with 1703 viewsHighjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 10:39 - Oct 26 by Batterseajack

Its only a 40 mph road at its fastest parts, so lets not pretend its a motorway. As already pointed out by others and conveniently ignored by the motorists, the mixed use paths are unsuitable for sport cyclists to use as they are shared with walkers, young kids and dogs on extendable leads. It would be irresponsible to cycle on that path at 25-40 kph as you'd be terrorizing the families and dog walkers who simply want to go for a relaxing stroll.

I don't even understand what your issue is really is all about anyway. Does being momentarily inconvenienced by a cyclist whilst you check your mirrors and switch lanes to over take really ruin your overall driving experience that much? Your overall journey time is unaffected anyway as you'll soon be queuing up at the next set of red lights.

I suggest you relax and learn to share the roads.

Why don't cyclists ride slower on the cycle paths then if there's families with dogs? Surely being momentarily inconvinienced by slowing down, ringing your bell and riding around them doesn't ruin your overall cycling experience that much?

Why should you have to cycle at 25kph to 40kph on the cycle tracks? Slow down, relax and learn to share them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:37 - Oct 27 with 1686 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:20 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Why don't cyclists ride slower on the cycle paths then if there's families with dogs? Surely being momentarily inconvinienced by slowing down, ringing your bell and riding around them doesn't ruin your overall cycling experience that much?

Why should you have to cycle at 25kph to 40kph on the cycle tracks? Slow down, relax and learn to share them.

I agree with you, cyclists should ride slower if using mixed use paths. That's why the majority of us tend to cycle on roads.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 14:42]
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 1674 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 13:52 - Oct 27 by Batterseajack

hmmm - are you a taxi driver or numpty behind the wheel of a white van by any chance?

If not, I can't understand why you seem so annoyed by them. You do realise, the more people who turn to cycling in London, more cars will be taken off the road and more pressure taken off the already over burdened public transport system.

Neither, pal - just someone who drives a lot and uses the road in accordance with the Highway Code and gets p1ssed off by ignorant, selfish f*ckers who don't - whether cars, taxis, van drivers or cyclists.

However, in London, cyclists are by far the worst offenders. I have nothing against the sensible ones, just the tw@ts.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:53 - Oct 27 with 1672 viewsHighjack

So your argument is that motorists should not get annoyed at having to slow down because cyclists can't keep up with the flow of traffic, but it's ok for cyclists to get annoyed at having to slow down because of dogs and families?

If there's a designated cycle path, use it. Stay off our roads, you're a menace.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:09 - Oct 27 with 1664 viewslondonlisa2001

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 13:52 - Oct 27 by Batterseajack

hmmm - are you a taxi driver or numpty behind the wheel of a white van by any chance?

If not, I can't understand why you seem so annoyed by them. You do realise, the more people who turn to cycling in London, more cars will be taken off the road and more pressure taken off the already over burdened public transport system.

Taxi drivers never go South of the River let alone live there !!

I drive and cycle in London. A lot of cyclists are brain dead morons that cause the rest of us to get a bad name. Going through red lights etc is a complete no no, as is cycling the wrong way up a one way street (one of my bug bears). Also the number riding around without proper lighting is dreadful, as is the tendency that some have to refuse to wait for even two seconds, preferring to push through gaps that are just not there instead.

But the bit about riding slightly out from the kerb is because the holes and crap that are right next to kerbs make cycling there dangerous and likely to cause endless punctures.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:11 - Oct 27 with 1661 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 14:53 - Oct 27 by Highjack

So your argument is that motorists should not get annoyed at having to slow down because cyclists can't keep up with the flow of traffic, but it's ok for cyclists to get annoyed at having to slow down because of dogs and families?

If there's a designated cycle path, use it. Stay off our roads, you're a menace.

Yes, motorists should not get annoyed when dealing with cyclist. Just wait for an opportunity to overtake and do so according to the highway code. Its not cyclists that slow down your overall journey, its usually other motorists and traffic lights.

And where did i say cyclists get annoyed with other users of mixed use paths. Mixed use paths are great and serve a purpose, whether that's going for a stroll with the mutt or going for a nice slow bike ride with the kids down to mumbles for a joes.

But if you were planning on riding up to Brecon and back in a day or wanting to get your heart rate up for a couple hours, you'd have no chance of doing so safely and considerately if you were limited to mixed use paths. We're aloud on the roads, and were using roads before cars were invented so get over it. Even better try it for yourself, you might see what the fuss is all about.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:15 - Oct 27 with 1659 viewsBatterseajack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:09 - Oct 27 by londonlisa2001

Taxi drivers never go South of the River let alone live there !!

I drive and cycle in London. A lot of cyclists are brain dead morons that cause the rest of us to get a bad name. Going through red lights etc is a complete no no, as is cycling the wrong way up a one way street (one of my bug bears). Also the number riding around without proper lighting is dreadful, as is the tendency that some have to refuse to wait for even two seconds, preferring to push through gaps that are just not there instead.

But the bit about riding slightly out from the kerb is because the holes and crap that are right next to kerbs make cycling there dangerous and likely to cause endless punctures.

There are a lot of brain dead people riding bikes, but i wouldn't say the percentage is any different than those who drive badly. The vast majority is usually fine, you just happen remember the 2%.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:20 - Oct 27 with 1657 viewslondonlisa2001

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:15 - Oct 27 by Batterseajack

There are a lot of brain dead people riding bikes, but i wouldn't say the percentage is any different than those who drive badly. The vast majority is usually fine, you just happen remember the 2%.

I agree (although I always think the general standard of driving is better in London than it is in Swansea, where the driving levels put me in a rage within 10 minutes).

But I do think more than 2% of cyclists are dreadful (and the Boris bikes don't help on that score).

I prefer to cycle and always choose to do so where possible, so I'm not anti cycling at all, but I do get irritated by the clowns.
Login to get fewer ads

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:08 - Oct 27 with 1643 viewsperchrockjack

Better in London? Dear GOD, surprise surprise.

THE ROADS are not JUST for cars. Incredible really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:35 - Oct 27 with 1624 viewsjackforever

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:08 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

Better in London? Dear GOD, surprise surprise.

THE ROADS are not JUST for cars. Incredible really

I love cycling great sport and cycling on roads. Unfortunately there are no real cycling facilities in Swansea to train on like closed roads or velodrome so roads it is. I follow the highway code and I am with out a doubt a safer cyclist than driver.
As for the majority of this thread ignorance and pathetic petty squabbles apart some decent points made by both sides.
My view let's share the roads they aren't yours or mine they are ours. Let's respect each other and stay safe.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:57 - Oct 27 with 1611 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:20 - Oct 27 by londonlisa2001

I agree (although I always think the general standard of driving is better in London than it is in Swansea, where the driving levels put me in a rage within 10 minutes).

But I do think more than 2% of cyclists are dreadful (and the Boris bikes don't help on that score).

I prefer to cycle and always choose to do so where possible, so I'm not anti cycling at all, but I do get irritated by the clowns.

You want to try driving around Manchester...

..and aye, you're right - 2% my @rse.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2015 17:03]
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:06 - Oct 27 with 1603 viewsperchrockjack

Percentages again. FOOK ME, where s DAV

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:13 - Oct 27 with 1576 viewsNeath_Jack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:20 - Oct 27 by londonlisa2001

You seriously are joking about the standard of driving in London is better than Swansea right? I can't believe i'm even asking that, of course you're joking.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 15:46 - Oct 28 with 1502 viewsBatterseajack

Believe it or not, there is in fact a cyclist in this picture...

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:48 - Nov 21 with 1412 viewsBatterseajack

http://road.cc/content/news/171704-driver-swore-cyclist-and-then-deliberately-dr

Depressing story about a moronic drivers in South Wales. No doubt the cyclists fault..
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 21:49 - Nov 21 with 1384 viewsorion3016

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:48 - Nov 21 by Batterseajack

http://road.cc/content/news/171704-driver-swore-cyclist-and-then-deliberately-dr

Depressing story about a moronic drivers in South Wales. No doubt the cyclists fault..

They all think they're hard behind the steering wheel even at 74

Be over there now after

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 16:51 - Mar 20 with 918 viewsMariaLuis

Many cyclists take to the road wearing black because while black really should be the only colour for bib tights and shorts, the jersey or jacket has so much more potential.

best hybrid bikes

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:41 - Mar 20 with 881 viewsjack2jack

Cyclists who use the road should have insurance same as any other road users,might help some with their attitude to road sense!
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:54 - Mar 20 with 867 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 17:41 - Mar 20 by jack2jack

Cyclists who use the road should have insurance same as any other road users,might help some with their attitude to road sense!

Most cyclists are drivers as well. What about the pedestrians using the roads and pavements? Should they be taxed as well.? Don't forget taxes are based in carbon emissions.
My view is it should all be done through the Inland Revenue. Based on income.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:30 - Mar 20 with 847 viewsperchrockjack

Our highways are not just for motor vehicles.
This simple fact is lost on the majority of motorists who,having passed a simple test , long ago ,think they know best and see themselves and their car as priority.

British drivers are appalling towards cyclists

Horse riders ? Now your talking

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:59 - Mar 20 with 826 viewsDafyddHuw

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:13 - Oct 27 by Neath_Jack

You seriously are joking about the standard of driving in London is better than Swansea right? I can't believe i'm even asking that, of course you're joking.

Standard of driving in London is far higher than Swansea. I've done both for many years.
I think it's down to speed of thought. In London you expect the unexpected, so you have to be pretty much on the ball, as opposed to ambling about.

And driving slowly isn;t ne cessarily driving safely - it's the cause of many accidents.
Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:39 - Mar 20 with 800 viewsperchrockjack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:59 - Mar 20 by DafyddHuw

Standard of driving in London is far higher than Swansea. I've done both for many years.
I think it's down to speed of thought. In London you expect the unexpected, so you have to be pretty much on the ball, as opposed to ambling about.

And driving slowly isn;t ne cessarily driving safely - it's the cause of many accidents.

Ive driven in London sadly many times and a more aggressive ,obnoxious shower of shits you couldn't wish to meet

I've never had any problems in Swansea

I d suggest rural drivers can be annoying to city types as they re not as aggressive and impatient

A motor cycle licence after training really shows how so many car drivers are grade 1 Wonkers.

You can call a man a bad lover before a bad driver

I thought I was a good driver when I joined Plod in 79

They tested me in my initial driving course and basically dismantled me before building me back up.

Advanced driving courses are something all boy racers should be subjected to

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 19:49 - Mar 20 with 787 viewsNeath_Jack

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 18:59 - Mar 20 by DafyddHuw

Not a chance are they, and that's speaking from plenty of experience of both as well.

As the good Perch alludes to above, nothing but ignorant, selfish and aggressive on the whole. Pretty much sums up Londoners in general, not just drivers.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 19:54]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:02 - Mar 20 with 780 viewsperchrockjack

Every man thinks he s a good driver

I spent some time as a Plod Advanced Driving instructor and the look on faces when I told them why they weren't a safe driver was always a picture

Most drivers observation skills and perception of hazards are truly shocking and this is the cause of Driving Colisions which are invariably preventable .

Throw in impatience and arrogance and lack of concentration and there you have a lethal cocktail

Get on a skid pan sometime. Learn about grip ,learn about space

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:18 - Mar 20 with 768 viewsWarwickHunt

Cyclists, thick or just very conceited ? on 20:02 - Mar 20 by perchrockjack

Every man thinks he s a good driver

I spent some time as a Plod Advanced Driving instructor and the look on faces when I told them why they weren't a safe driver was always a picture

Most drivers observation skills and perception of hazards are truly shocking and this is the cause of Driving Colisions which are invariably preventable .

Throw in impatience and arrogance and lack of concentration and there you have a lethal cocktail

Get on a skid pan sometime. Learn about grip ,learn about space

Aye aye - Clarkson's had a Hemeling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024