Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American Investors 22:18 - Oct 28 with 11525 viewsJock_The_Jack

Back in town this weekend apparently!?
American Investors on 22:33 - Oct 28 with 5688 viewsbarry_island

Lets hope they don't prove the distraction they seemed to be last season. The football is far more important than the "Lerner loans".

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

American Investors on 09:30 - Oct 29 with 5304 viewsDevz00

I dunno, one win against Villa and they are back!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

American Investors on 10:26 - Oct 29 with 5213 viewswaynekerr55

Investors or highly leveraged share purchasers?

Typical of our ambivalence that trust numbers are nowhere near what they should be. We need to fight these asset striping b*stards

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

American Investors on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 5193 viewsMillie

American Investors on 10:26 - Oct 29 by waynekerr55

Investors or highly leveraged share purchasers?

Typical of our ambivalence that trust numbers are nowhere near what they should be. We need to fight these asset striping b*stards

Why are Trust numbers down, Apathy?

How do you know that these are asset stripping b*stards? the current board take a dividend
American Investors on 10:54 - Oct 29 with 5155 viewswaynekerr55

American Investors on 10:35 - Oct 29 by Millie

How do you know that these are asset stripping b*stards? the current board take a dividend

Umm based on the takeover model that the supposed fans were willing to sell to.

Numbers aren't down but we need far more on board

American Investors on 11:36 - Oct 29 with 5084 viewsDevz00

American Investors on 10:54 - Oct 29 by waynekerr55

I signed up yesterday as it goes.

I don't think that everyone realises that they aren't full members with a season ticket anymore.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

American Investors on 11:43 - Oct 29 with 5057 viewsDarran

American Investors on 11:36 - Oct 29 by Devz00

I don't think that everyone realises that they aren't full members with a season ticket anymore.

You haven't got time to be wasting on here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

American Investors on 11:50 - Oct 29 with 5041 viewsClinton

I just haven't got round to renewing yet. I suspect that applies to quite a few out there.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

American Investors on 12:03 - Oct 29 with 5009 viewsUxbridge

I'm not sure how much more could be done to publicise that fact.

So do I take my copy of Jack Swan down to burn in front of them?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

American Investors on 12:18 - Oct 29 with 4960 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder if they'll be eating in five guys?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

American Investors on 12:43 - Oct 29 with 4886 viewstomdickharry

Any evidence that "American Investors" are in town?
American Investors on 12:45 - Oct 29 with 4881 viewsjohnlangy

It's been said so many times i've lost count. Some could claim they didn't know but it must be apathy in a lot of cases.

They'll soon come out of the woodwork though if something happens that they don't like (investors maybe) and start asking, ironically, why the Trust isn't doing anything. It's the way of the world.
American Investors on 13:07 - Oct 29 with 4798 viewsMillie

American Investors on 10:54 - Oct 29 by waynekerr55

The fans were never going to sell, I think the Trust made that plain, individuals had their heads turned
American Investors on 13:08 - Oct 29 with 4793 viewsMillie

American Investors on 12:43 - Oct 29 by tomdickharry

Any evidence that "American Investors" are in town?

None, just the OP stirring
American Investors on 13:10 - Oct 29 with 4788 viewsHighjack

There were a load of Americans in vests taking selfies by rossis. Perhaps that's what's causing the confusion.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

American Investors on 13:12 - Oct 29 with 4783 viewsMillie

American Investors on 12:45 - Oct 29 by johnlangy

It's been said so many times i've lost count. Some could claim they didn't know but it must be apathy in a lot of cases.

They'll soon come out of the woodwork though if something happens that they don't like (investors maybe) and start asking, ironically, why the Trust isn't doing anything. It's the way of the world.

This thread has all the hallmarks of running, when posting say why you are NOT a Trust member

I am as it gives me piece of mind
American Investors on 14:02 - Oct 29 with 4647 viewsDavillin

American Investors on 10:35 - Oct 29 by Millie

You might want to learn the difference between "asset stripping" [bad] and "taking a dividend" [not bad], because it's clear that you don't know. Try http://www.investopedia.com for starters.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

American Investors on 14:52 - Oct 29 with 4550 viewswaynekerr55

American Investors on 13:07 - Oct 29 by Millie

The fans were never going to sell, I think the Trust made that plain, individuals had their heads turned

Yes, the fans I'm referring to are the ones who had their heads turned.

American Investors on 15:16 - Oct 29 with 4497 viewsUxbridge

American Investors on 14:02 - Oct 29 by Davillin

You might want to learn the difference between "asset stripping" [bad] and "taking a dividend" [not bad], because it's clear that you don't know. Try http://www.investopedia.com for starters.

We have different interpretations of not bad. Not as bad maybe ...

American Investors on 15:18 - Oct 29 with 4483 viewsDavillin

American Investors on 15:16 - Oct 29 by Uxbridge

http://www.investopedia.com

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

American Investors on 15:37 - Oct 29 with 4439 viewscimlajack

American Investors on 13:08 - Oct 29 by Millie

None, just the OP stirring

Is the correct answer
American Investors on 15:47 - Oct 29 with 4410 viewsUxbridge

American Investors on 15:18 - Oct 29 by Davillin

http://www.investopedia.com

I should have just read that instead of studying. So many wasted years ...

American Investors on 17:45 - Oct 29 with 4220 viewslondonlisa2001

American Investors on 15:16 - Oct 29 by Uxbridge

If we sold Ayew at a profit of £20m and the board declared a dividend of the same to get the money out to themselves rather than invest it in replacements or infrastructure, then in terms of the football club it would be both asset stripping and use of a dividend to do so.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive (as I know you are also aware given that your knowledge doesn't come from reading wikiwhatever).
American Investors on 18:48 - Oct 29 with 4107 viewsUxbridge

American Investors on 17:45 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

If we sold Ayew at a profit of £20m and the board declared a dividend of the same to get the money out to themselves rather than invest it in replacements or infrastructure, then in terms of the football club it would be both asset stripping and use of a dividend to do so.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive (as I know you are also aware given that your knowledge doesn't come from reading wikiwhatever).

I can't find that scenario on Dav's website. Are you sure it's accurate

Must admit my answer was more in response to our club's current approach to divi's rather their potential abuse. Even then, I'm not sure how Dav could think taking £4m out of the club for no reason other than to fatten the bank accounts of the shareholders could be seen as a good thing for the club. It's not as if it discouraged them from selling to the first one who fluttered their eyelashes.

It's not a bad thing for the shareholders of course, and there's a decent argument to say it's been very good for the Trust for example.

American Investors on 20:22 - Oct 29 with 3915 viewslondonlisa2001

American Investors on 18:48 - Oct 29 by Uxbridge

I can't find that scenario on Dav's website. Are you sure it's accurate

Must admit my answer was more in response to our club's current approach to divi's rather their potential abuse. Even then, I'm not sure how Dav could think taking £4m out of the club for no reason other than to fatten the bank accounts of the shareholders could be seen as a good thing for the club. It's not as if it discouraged them from selling to the first one who fluttered their eyelashes.

It's not a bad thing for the shareholders of course, and there's a decent argument to say it's been very good for the Trust for example.

I didn't look at wikiinvestor or whatever it is, so can't possibly comment !!

But yes - you're right of course. Any money taken from the club to reward shareholders is obviously bad to some degree. The 'usual' reason for dividends - to attract investors, widen the investment base and therefore increase access to funds that a company has don't really apply since it is a completely illiquid stock.

The ones that work for the club also get handsomely paid (and bonused). To reward them for the initial risk - that is fair enough, although they have now been rewarded many many times over of course.

But in the present situation, no dividend can be said to be 'good' (as you say - possibly for the Trust, although the Trust can't do much with it). From a club point of view, what's good is keeping the money and investing in infrastructure / players.

I've said before, and at the risk of attracting posters that have their head firmly up the backside of some involved, there comes a point at which keeping us in the PL can't be said to be indicative of great performance unless something starts to move on the stadium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024