Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window 20:38 - Nov 30 with 5456 viewsbudegan

I keep reading on here about the need for us to use the Jan transfer window to sign a striker who's guaranteed to perform for us.

How realistic is that given a) our budget, and b) our past history during said transfer window?
January transfer window on 17:11 - Dec 2 with 1551 viewsjasper_T

January transfer window on 15:39 - Dec 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

Clearly Swansea needs more depth at CB if we are playing Bartley, and it looks like we're going after Michael Keane.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-aston-vil

The other guy I hope we are still pursuing is Fabian Castillo from FC Dallas. Indirectly, this could help us at striker. He's a wing who can play either side, and that would give us more depth there in order to try Ayew at striker if necessary.

We've got better players in our 21s
January transfer window on 17:34 - Dec 2 with 1530 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I'd break the bank on a centre forward .

Desperately needed .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

January transfer window on 17:47 - Dec 2 with 1522 viewsTheKirkyLife

- I think we're fine with goalkeepers. Fabs, Nords, Tremmel and Vickers are all talented.

- Defensively, Naughton has fallen apart recently and Rangel isn't getting any younger. I honestly feel we could launch a raid for Arsenal's Mathieu Debuchy. He doesn't like the fact he isn't being used much but in truth is a quality RB who isn't getting playing time. Amat and Tabanou we would be lucky to keep at this rate but I'd love to see them stay.

- There are a lot of midfield players I feel we could snatch on loan. Manchester United could see Lingard or Pereira gaining experience elsewhere whilst a more ambitious mind could try and lure the criminally underused Herrera away. Joel Campbell from Arsenal or Andros Townsend from Tottenham could also add to our pacey, punchy options. Why not bring back Tom Carroll either? Underused by us I feel. Maybe even a reloan for De Guzman? We miss him for sure.

- Strikers. The big one. The obvious option is Charlie Austin. He would cost us but now would be a better time than ever with the threat of him leaving QPR for free in the Summer. Alternative Championship options would be Reading's Nick Blackman or Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes both whom have come on leaps and bounds this year. As for Premier League additions, it's hard to see any proven goalscorers coming here. Andrej Kramaric has fallen out of favour at Leicester and might be useful on loan whilst Steven Naismith at Everton is a hard worker and proven goalscorer across a front three just like Ayew. I don't see any reason why Scott Sinclair shouldn't be considered either. Simple don't understand why he hasn't been used more at Villa as he's one of their only decent attacking threats. European options would all be risks, should they be taken at this stage? Not so sure.

On a side note - why on EARTH did we loan our Fulton and Gorre? WHY?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 17:48]
January transfer window on 17:58 - Dec 2 with 1511 viewsA_Fans_Dad

January transfer window on 17:47 - Dec 2 by TheKirkyLife

- I think we're fine with goalkeepers. Fabs, Nords, Tremmel and Vickers are all talented.

- Defensively, Naughton has fallen apart recently and Rangel isn't getting any younger. I honestly feel we could launch a raid for Arsenal's Mathieu Debuchy. He doesn't like the fact he isn't being used much but in truth is a quality RB who isn't getting playing time. Amat and Tabanou we would be lucky to keep at this rate but I'd love to see them stay.

- There are a lot of midfield players I feel we could snatch on loan. Manchester United could see Lingard or Pereira gaining experience elsewhere whilst a more ambitious mind could try and lure the criminally underused Herrera away. Joel Campbell from Arsenal or Andros Townsend from Tottenham could also add to our pacey, punchy options. Why not bring back Tom Carroll either? Underused by us I feel. Maybe even a reloan for De Guzman? We miss him for sure.

- Strikers. The big one. The obvious option is Charlie Austin. He would cost us but now would be a better time than ever with the threat of him leaving QPR for free in the Summer. Alternative Championship options would be Reading's Nick Blackman or Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes both whom have come on leaps and bounds this year. As for Premier League additions, it's hard to see any proven goalscorers coming here. Andrej Kramaric has fallen out of favour at Leicester and might be useful on loan whilst Steven Naismith at Everton is a hard worker and proven goalscorer across a front three just like Ayew. I don't see any reason why Scott Sinclair shouldn't be considered either. Simple don't understand why he hasn't been used more at Villa as he's one of their only decent attacking threats. European options would all be risks, should they be taken at this stage? Not so sure.

On a side note - why on EARTH did we loan our Fulton and Gorre? WHY?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 17:48]

As much as I would love to see Amat and maybe Tabanou (who we haven't really seen play much) stay at the Swans I honestly don't think the club deserve to keep them.
Amat in the season before FF came held together our defense and worked really well with Ash.
Since his injury he has seen little game time and also more importantly very little Bench time. They have not even been loaned out.
These are 2 very talented young players who are having their careers blighted by lack of game time, so I would be really surprised if either of them is still here in February.
January transfer window on 13:53 - Dec 3 with 1414 viewsjasper_T

Gorre is a bench player in the Eredivisie.

When would Fulton have had any game time with us this season?

Don't know why folks keep making lists of championship strikers as if they'd be any sort of upgrade on what we've got.
January transfer window on 14:25 - Dec 3 with 1400 viewsA_Fans_Dad

January transfer window on 13:53 - Dec 3 by jasper_T

Gorre is a bench player in the Eredivisie.

When would Fulton have had any game time with us this season?

Don't know why folks keep making lists of championship strikers as if they'd be any sort of upgrade on what we've got.

Becuase sometimes they are, in fact sometimes even non league players can be very good.
January transfer window on 14:31 - Dec 3 with 1397 viewsWhiterockin

January transfer window on 17:58 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

As much as I would love to see Amat and maybe Tabanou (who we haven't really seen play much) stay at the Swans I honestly don't think the club deserve to keep them.
Amat in the season before FF came held together our defense and worked really well with Ash.
Since his injury he has seen little game time and also more importantly very little Bench time. They have not even been loaned out.
These are 2 very talented young players who are having their careers blighted by lack of game time, so I would be really surprised if either of them is still here in February.

I would be surprised as well. They will only still be here if Monk goes and the new manager wants to give all the players a chance to prove themselves. If Monk is still here players will be shipped out and money will come in. I am not against paying a loan forward £100K a week until the end of the season to improve our chances of survival. But I don't think that Adebayor is that player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024