Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Moyes 20:59 - Dec 1 with 6341 viewsGowerjack

Lump on.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

David Moyes on 11:14 - Dec 2 with 1267 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 10:25 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

Incredible

So we re happy with where we are and what we have in Monk.

Moyes not good enough for us.

We have absolutely no chance of staying up with this mindset.

Its beyond belief . Im actually stuck for words

I'm not happy with where we are at all.

I wouldn't want more dour negative football if he left though. We can prosper playing our game that makes us unique. Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle etc are bigger clubs than us. If we start (keep) playing their type of football, that will tell in the long run.
David Moyes on 11:28 - Dec 2 with 1243 viewsmonmouth

David Moyes on 10:25 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

Incredible

So we re happy with where we are and what we have in Monk.

Moyes not good enough for us.

We have absolutely no chance of staying up with this mindset.

Its beyond belief . Im actually stuck for words

I think Perch, everyone is pretty much united against Moyes because we think we can do better, not because we are currently awash with faith in gaz.

What is beyond belief for me is that anyone would support employing Moyes, who is just one step behind Pulis and Dullardyce in percentage football.

The long term effects of the current style will be bad enough (good potential players join us as a stepping stone because of good reputation driven by good football and good team spirit - edit and dosh, obviously, but lots of clubs have similar dosh.). Lose that and we lose a lot more than money, we lose our identity. We don't need to look far to see where that gets you. Employing a slug like Moyes just makes things worse.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 12:24]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

David Moyes on 12:28 - Dec 2 with 1178 viewsChief

There are rumours that he's been seen in or around the city recently. Hew an experienced guy, worked on a budget, worked in Spain, we could be just the right club for him to revive his career

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

David Moyes on 12:34 - Dec 2 with 1165 viewsperchrockjack

Gents
Its more a case of who is available right now.

He is

He did an incredible job at Everton on a limited budget, which surely seems to fit our style.

Id be quite happy to stay up whatever tactics are used but its clear we need a change as the players are simply lost at times and don't know what to do; Montero a perfect example.

Reading nitts drivel it seems some are quite happy to be seen as a better fan by staying loyal to Monk.

Its our club not his nor any individual.

At the moment , we cannot envisage any win at all. Locker is empty and we need to get someone like Moyes NOW.
Next season, we can discuss and bitch about style but I don't want in in the championship

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

David Moyes on 12:37 - Dec 2 with 1156 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Moyes ?

It's a yes from me .

Am I right in saying his Everton teams came down here & played us off the park .

Yep .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

David Moyes on 12:46 - Dec 2 with 1129 viewsperchrockjack

Morning tommy.

I recall we were doing fine in our fist and second seasons at home against Everton who then systematically ripped us to shreads . There were the first team to really feck us up and our play wasn't effective. Its why we didn't pick up a single point against them.

TACTICS COME FROM MANAGER

That man was Moyes but now--- in our situation--- he aint good enough.

Jesus H... He will be out to reinstate his former good reputation and will be well motivated. THE PLAYERS WILL BE ENCOURAGED . and be given roles suitable for them.

Montero really needs some coaching and he aint getting it from Monk.

David Moyes on 12:51 - Dec 2 with 1121 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

David Moyes on 12:46 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

Morning tommy.

I recall we were doing fine in our fist and second seasons at home against Everton who then systematically ripped us to shreads . There were the first team to really feck us up and our play wasn't effective. Its why we didn't pick up a single point against them.

TACTICS COME FROM MANAGER

That man was Moyes but now--- in our situation--- he aint good enough.

Jesus H... He will be out to reinstate his former good reputation and will be well motivated. THE PLAYERS WILL BE ENCOURAGED . and be given roles suitable for them.

Montero really needs some coaching and he aint getting it from Monk.

Afternoon Perchy

I am afraid your spot on .

Although I think we will beat Leicester on Saturday & Monk will ride the storm out .

Some very winnable home games coming up , big performances needed , can he lift his team , can he see whats happening out in the pitch ?

Over to you Gaffa

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

David Moyes on 12:57 - Dec 2 with 1112 viewsperchrockjack

I will be all over LADY P in my Ship Captain uniform as it would be remarkable. I cannot see it tommy.

Even if we won, I think its time to get Moyes on board as he has a lot to prove and he ll be utterly committed to the club whilst he s with us.

He s a coach too and can spot a player . I m still thinking how our people thought Eder was a worth bringing in, as I was with Alvaro the yellow -the most physically cowardly player we ve had.

I fear Moyes might be tempted by Newcastle..

We ll see.

Pray for VARDY-- getting sick

Login to get fewer ads

David Moyes on 12:58 - Dec 2 with 1113 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 12:37 - Dec 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Moyes ?

It's a yes from me .

Am I right in saying his Everton teams came down here & played us off the park .

Yep .

They certainly did. He has been sacked twice in 18 months since then mind.

I'm sure he would keep us up this season and that is the priority, I want to be entertained as well though. It's not a case of survival or entertainment, the squad is easily good enough to provide both.
David Moyes on 13:01 - Dec 2 with 1109 viewsveng9

I remember reading a statistic that Everton under Moyes had 33% of play in the opposition half which was around double what we had at the time.
David Moyes on 13:05 - Dec 2 with 1099 viewsperchrockjack

Either way, his team did a number on us quite easily.

We need to stay up first and foremost and Im afraid style is not relevant now. We ve lost too many points.
I d also suggest we haven't the players to play in the style we want so we ll have to make do.

I d also question why we ve bought so many young players only to loan all of them out into oblivion.

We might as well source local lads

David Moyes on 13:11 - Dec 2 with 1084 viewsmonmouth

David Moyes on 12:37 - Dec 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Moyes ?

It's a yes from me .

Yep .

I don't recall that no. I do recall them niggling us, frustrating us, and diving around all over the pitch and going down like Tom Daley in all aspects around the box to get free kicks though. If he is appointed he gets my full unequivocal support though and hope he does a brodgy, an appointment that I also was distinctly unimpressed by.

Having said all that, last time I looked, we already have a manager, who on his record deserves a longer chance to succeed - non visible internal factors notwithstanding.

David Moyes on 13:13 - Dec 2 with 1083 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 13:01 - Dec 2 by veng9

I remember reading a statistic that Everton under Moyes had 33% of play in the opposition half which was around double what we had at the time.

That doesn't surprise me, they were hardly the kind of team to play the ball out from the back.
David Moyes on 13:21 - Dec 2 with 1069 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 13:05 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

Either way, his team did a number on us quite easily.

We need to stay up first and foremost and Im afraid style is not relevant now. We ve lost too many points.
I d also suggest we haven't the players to play in the style we want so we ll have to make do.

I d also question why we ve bought so many young players only to loan all of them out into oblivion.

We might as well source local lads

A lot of that I would agree with.

The point that you are overlooking is that it is our style, or our former style, that will keep us up. At the moment, we don't have a good enough striker. Remedy that, even on a loan basis, with someone who can get involved in the build up and score every now and then and we will be fine. We may not have the players we did, but we still have enough suited to short, sharp passing moves.

I do agree we seem to be stockpiling midfielders in particular. I guess it's too much of a gamble to bring them into a team half flirting with relegation without any real style of play?
David Moyes on 14:14 - Dec 2 with 987 viewsperchrockjack

That's a fair reply but I d rather us not rely on just one striker. Never has, as he has to be outstanding (apologies to Bren) . Gomis is utterly not and EDER is no alyernative and that s what worries me; our recruiting.

David Moyes on 15:11 - Dec 2 with 893 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 14:14 - Dec 2 by perchrockjack

That's a fair reply but I d rather us not rely on just one striker. Never has, as he has to be outstanding (apologies to Bren) . Gomis is utterly not and EDER is no alyernative and that s what worries me; our recruiting.

Neither would I. I don't rate either of the two we have, though I think Gomis is ok as a back up. I don't see us bringing in more than one in January, but I'd be pretty happy with that to get us through to the summer.

Our recruiting is hit and miss. We have brought in Cork, Fab and Ayew fairly recently, but agree there have been a few duds as well. We really do need to get it right up front before too long. Doesn't need to be a Michu or a Bony, just someone half decent who can bring others into play and chip in with a few goals himself. The ability to link with Siggurdson would be a huge bonus.
David Moyes on 15:52 - Dec 2 with 864 viewsymaohyd

David Moyes on 10:56 - Dec 2 by waynekerr55

I'm not sure happy is the appropriate adjective.

Can he turn it around? Maybe.

Moyes is everything our club isn't.

Moyes is a great deal about what our club is about. His work ethic is phenomenal and is always talked about by his ex players.

If we wanted a manager to grab the club by the scruff, look at and develop the academy structure, in my opinion a fantastic man to do this.

I can't believe the negativity about him. Some have quoted the fact of his recent managerial problems, well I seem to remember a certain Mr Rodgers having a few issues at Reading.

I hope GM turns it around, but everything about the club at the moment is wrong (on the footballing side), to come out and state that we are not in danger of relegation was plain stupid.

For me Moyes if it came to it would be an appointment with great potential, what convinces me more than anything is that work ethic. The reason Laudrup and Sousa were not flavour of the month was their respective lack of work ethics.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

David Moyes on 16:02 - Dec 2 with 841 viewsWarwickHunt

Loving the irony of the Monk fanboys worrying about the football we'd play under Moyes...
David Moyes on 16:04 - Dec 2 with 838 viewswaynekerr55

David Moyes on 13:21 - Dec 2 by jack247

A lot of that I would agree with.

The point that you are overlooking is that it is our style, or our former style, that will keep us up. At the moment, we don't have a good enough striker. Remedy that, even on a loan basis, with someone who can get involved in the build up and score every now and then and we will be fine. We may not have the players we did, but we still have enough suited to short, sharp passing moves.

I do agree we seem to be stockpiling midfielders in particular. I guess it's too much of a gamble to bring them into a team half flirting with relegation without any real style of play?

This.

We need to pass with a purpose but also keep possession and choke teams out by playing keep ball.

We don't have the players to bully our opponents and on that basis it's a firm no from me regarding Moyes.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

David Moyes on 16:20 - Dec 2 with 797 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 16:02 - Dec 2 by WarwickHunt

Loving the irony of the Monk fanboys worrying about the football we'd play under Moyes...

Let's be fair. If we want to be hard to break down and learn how to score from set pieces, Moyes is a decent option.

If we want to play the passing style that has served us so well over the last decade, then neither are the answer.

The football we are playing now is shit and its boring. If Moyes came in it would be effective and boring. Though I don't know how he would get us scoring goals without buying new players. There are better options out there than both.
David Moyes on 16:28 - Dec 2 with 781 viewsGh0st

David Moyes on 16:02 - Dec 2 by WarwickHunt

None of them acknowledge that fact, its conveniently swept under the carpet.
David Moyes on 16:28 - Dec 2 with 781 viewsymaohyd

David Moyes on 16:04 - Dec 2 by waynekerr55

This.

We need to pass with a purpose but also keep possession and choke teams out by playing keep ball.

We don't have the players to bully our opponents and on that basis it's a firm no from me regarding Moyes.

So the great Sir Alex saw David Moyes as his ideal successor, to manage a club synonymous with playing attractive attacking football, Yet Swans fans would turn their noses up at a man with his great experience, on the basis that we don't have a bunch of cloggers.

Contrary to popular opinion, Moyes' Everton side were famed for ball retention, the value of width and a solid shape, something that caught Sir Alex's eye!

No he wasn't a success at Man U, Sir Alex though still insists that he wasn't given the time. Yet the great and good of Swansea, know different! It's all about opinions and any appointment would be a gamble, for me though Moyes would be the smallest gamble out there by a country mile, unless Pep fancied a crack!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

David Moyes on 16:45 - Dec 2 with 756 viewsjack247

David Moyes on 16:28 - Dec 2 by ymaohyd

So the great Sir Alex saw David Moyes as his ideal successor, to manage a club synonymous with playing attractive attacking football, Yet Swans fans would turn their noses up at a man with his great experience, on the basis that we don't have a bunch of cloggers.

Contrary to popular opinion, Moyes' Everton side were famed for ball retention, the value of width and a solid shape, something that caught Sir Alex's eye!

No he wasn't a success at Man U, Sir Alex though still insists that he wasn't given the time. Yet the great and good of Swansea, know different! It's all about opinions and any appointment would be a gamble, for me though Moyes would be the smallest gamble out there by a country mile, unless Pep fancied a crack!

Come on, that middle paragraph makes it seem like they were decent to watch.

If we want to stay up, but complete the fine job of demolishing the free flowing football that Garry has started, then he is the man for the job. I can understand that point of view, some of us want a little bit more.
David Moyes on 16:53 - Dec 2 with 747 viewssnork44

David Moyes on 16:28 - Dec 2 by ymaohyd

I am seeing both sides of the argument, but if Sir Huw did pull the trigger most logical choice would be Rodgers, he knows our playing style and the club and he is still big buttys with Jenkins, so BR would be a no-brainer from the board. But at the moment it is a bit premature to talk about replacing Monk, let's see around Christmas time where we are before dispensing with Garry just yet!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 17:09]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

David Moyes on 17:13 - Dec 2 with 717 viewsmonmouth

David Moyes on 16:53 - Dec 2 by snork44

I am seeing both sides of the argument, but if Sir Huw did pull the trigger most logical choice would be Rodgers, he knows our playing style and the club and he is still big buttys with Jenkins, so BR would be a no-brainer from the board. But at the moment it is a bit premature to talk about replacing Monk, let's see around Christmas time where we are before dispensing with Garry just yet!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2015 17:09]

Hmm. All gone quiet on the Rodgers to Quatar front? In fact is this the longest his smug mug hasn't been all over the media <taps nose knowingly>

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024