Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 00:35 - Jan 29 with 2457 viewsDanGom1

Discussion I was having tonight about Gomis, is he a poor player, or do we not just suit him?

My opinion was that he is a poor player, but then I was asked how many sitters/easy chances has he missed? And I was struggling to think, maybe the 1-1 vs Arsenal earlier in the season? Does he need a better support player to get the best out of him? no suprise when he was scoring was when Montero and Shelvey were flying!
Gomis on 00:47 - Jan 29 with 2434 viewsjamieswan78

I don't think he's a bad player but I think he's a confidence player, he's a bit like Andy Carroll, he needs to feel wanted and when he's having a bad patch he can't get himself out of it.

Someone like Defoe on the other hand will put the ball in the net no matter what abuse he's getting.
Gomis on 00:49 - Jan 29 with 2429 viewsSwansNZ

He doesn’t miss many sitters because we don’t create many chances for him, or he does not get on the end of them. His biggest problem is being continually offside, but fair enough if he was going a fraction early, but it’s him not bloody getting back from the previous phase of play that’s the problem.

In a nutshell — he needs to run about a bit more (while staying onside).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gomis on 00:49 - Jan 29 with 2429 viewsBanosswan

Bit of both. His strike ratio would be high with loads of chances, but he won't make many for himself.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gomis on 01:46 - Jan 29 with 2381 viewsLoyal

Lazy greedy fckr, should have fckd him off a year ago.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gomis on 02:49 - Jan 29 with 2347 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gomis on 01:46 - Jan 29 by Loyal

Lazy greedy fckr, should have fckd him off a year ago.

Agree that he's lazy, but no way we finished even top half without his goals last Spring.

Another skill he's actually pretty solid at is defending, particularly on set pieces. Something we've missed at times in his absence lately.

I'm hoping Guido gets a few more goals out of him this spring, then we get whatever we can out of a (by then) 31 year old striker this summer.

Although I would mind if we do it now, if we can get say £7 m and quickly add a backup MF or defender.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gomis on 07:29 - Jan 29 with 2174 viewsbuilthjack

With the Italian striker coming in, if we can get over £5m for Bafe, let him go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gomis on 07:50 - Jan 29 with 2120 viewsbazzool

Gomis does my head in, he gets shrugged off the ball way to easy, he tries to hold the ball but is useless at at, hes offside more than anyone , and the chances hes missed, , hes so frustrating to watch , sell him
Gomis on 07:57 - Jan 29 with 2094 viewsJACKARSE

I'd rather have 3 strikers in the predicament we are in, Alberto may take time to settle and is unproven in the PL, Gomis will give Franco more options and score the odd goal off the bench (Man City) ....... IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 07:59 - Jan 29 with 2078 viewsDevz00

He's clearly got something about him, otherwise he wouldn't have been knocking them in for fun like he was for months.

There's something there but he's gone through such a barren spell it's starting to make him look like a figure of fun/frustration.

I think we don't help him a lot of the time though. He used to get his head on the end of a lot of crosses into the box which we don't seem to do much. Same with Ayew, he's pretty good in the air.

The offside thing is unreal though. You can't really defend him because whenever he's flagged offside it's as if he knows already. He never seems bothered by it. He isn't the type to be fractionally off and berate the linesman claiming to be on.

For me, I've backed him since he signed and until the new manager arrived I was in the 'feck him off' camp. I'm hoping that Guidolin can get something out of him.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 8:01]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Gomis on 08:24 - Jan 29 with 1993 viewsmonmouth

He's a goalscorer that is great when he's scoring. When he's not he brings not very much to the party, mainly as 90% of the time he is either offside or on his arse. That has killed the Sig.

So I'd say doesn't suit us. If Newcastle get him, they have been creating but not taking chances, so I reckon he might start banging them in. That is one sale I wouldn't want to make at the moment, even if it helps financially. Again, we would probably have to though, and take the risk, whilst the going is good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis on 08:28 - Jan 29 with 1979 viewsDevz00

Gomis on 08:24 - Jan 29 by monmouth

He's a goalscorer that is great when he's scoring. When he's not he brings not very much to the party, mainly as 90% of the time he is either offside or on his arse. That has killed the Sig.

So I'd say doesn't suit us. If Newcastle get him, they have been creating but not taking chances, so I reckon he might start banging them in. That is one sale I wouldn't want to make at the moment, even if it helps financially. Again, we would probably have to though, and take the risk, whilst the going is good.

Yeah, I'd prefer not to sell him to Newcastle. If he's leaving then I hope it's for the money in Qatar or wherever.

You'd have to question what was going on here if Shelvey starts assisting Gomis every week for Newcastle and they start banging them in.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 8:30]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Gomis on 08:34 - Jan 29 with 1961 viewsPapaLazarou

Has he ever had any goals disallowed for offside?
Gomis on 08:41 - Jan 29 with 1944 viewsmonmouth

Gomis on 08:34 - Jan 29 by PapaLazarou

Has he ever had any goals disallowed for offside?

Yes, a bloody important one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis on 08:56 - Jan 29 with 1906 viewsChief

Dunno how closely the original poster has been paying attention but Go is missed 3 one on one's within a short space of time earlier in the season. Arsenal, Everton and I think Bournemouth. Seems to do better when he doesn't have to think too much about it. If he can just hit it and hope he's alright, but if it's the type of chance where he has options, he's poor

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gomis on 09:01 - Jan 29 with 1888 viewsjack247

I know some people on here think Garry would have changed our system regardless of personnel, but I am convinced we changed it because we tried playing Gomis as if he was Bony and he just couldn't do it.

The containing diamond gave us more shape and made us harder to penetrate, but it was also designed to get the best out of Gomis, as well as Shelvey. He had a good run at the end of last season and the start of this one, but overall he just isn't a first choice PL striker even with the team set up to play long through balls for him to run onto. With us starting to pass and move a bit more and Shelvey gone, he is going to be less effective. I'd still keep him this window though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024