Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 11:49 - Feb 10 with 118964 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528

Wow!!

Thought he's at least deny it for the sake of his career - obviously got him bang to rights

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Adam Johnson on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 2120 viewsexhmrc1

What has probably happened is that he pleaded his innocence and when the prosecution declared their evidence to the defence as they have to his solicitor has put this to him and advised him to plead guilty as he clearly was going to be found guilty of these 2 charges. This will have no effect on the other charges. However if found not guilty of those he may get a slightly lower sentence because he has pleaded guilty rather than taking these 2 charges through the court.
Adam Johnson on 21:50 - Feb 11 with 2095 viewsAyewSerious

An interesting read. One thing that struck me is so many saying "Id never let my daughter do that at 15".

I dont wish to be the bringer of bad news but... I'd wager that the majority of 15 year olds these days have lost their virginity. Id suggest that sexual maturity is more the key factor here rather than a simple numerical age. I don't know the exact details but it could be a matter of 6 weeks between "legal" and "illegal" age. Would that 6 weeks trigger something drastic mentally to make one capable suddenly of making "adult" decisions?

When underage sex is involved everyone tends to jump to the "hang him" posts. But to suggest there are not differing degrees of this crime would be foolish. Pedophilia would be the crime of having sexual contact with someone who is not sexually mature. Having sexual contact with a sexually mature teen is not the same thing in my eyes. I lost my virginity at 15 to a 18 year old girl, I don't for one second consider her a pedophile, even though in the eyes of the law she was an adult and I was a child.

I echo the posters sentiments that Johnson is a stupid idiot who should know better and will rightly be punished. But to brand him a pedophile would be trying to make it something it is not to perpetuate a pitch fork mentality which is become en vogue these days.
Adam Johnson on 21:52 - Feb 11 with 2089 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

10 pages on a guy who's pleaded guilty .!

Insane stuff.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Adam Johnson on 21:58 - Feb 11 with 2054 viewsskacrazy

Adam Johnson on 21:41 - Feb 11 by monmouth

Except grooming is minimum 12 months according to CPS? So he cant get off?

The charge of actual penetrative sex I think carries a sentence of up to 14 years so the cynic in me thinks he's been advised to accept the lesser charge of grooming to stand more chance of getting off the more serious charges.
Adam Johnson on 22:02 - Feb 11 with 2032 viewsHighjack

Adam Johnson on 21:58 - Feb 11 by skacrazy

The charge of actual penetrative sex I think carries a sentence of up to 14 years so the cynic in me thinks he's been advised to accept the lesser charge of grooming to stand more chance of getting off the more serious charges.

Doesn't work like that. The jury will have been told in no uncertain terms that his guilty plea to the other charges are completely irrelevant and not to consider them in the same bracket as the ones he's being tried for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adam Johnson on 22:15 - Feb 11 with 2002 viewsAngelRangelQS

Adam Johnson on 22:02 - Feb 11 by Highjack

Doesn't work like that. The jury will have been told in no uncertain terms that his guilty plea to the other charges are completely irrelevant and not to consider them in the same bracket as the ones he's being tried for.

Presumably he's going to be arguing that the things he's pleaded guilty to are the full extent of his crimes and things didn't go any further
Adam Johnson on 22:17 - Feb 11 with 1996 viewsmonmouth

Adam Johnson on 21:58 - Feb 11 by skacrazy

I see, yes in that case I can understand trying to weight the dice. In the US they even negotiate that sort of outcome don't they? Proving actual sex beyond reasonable doubt will be tough now, so that strategy seems sensible from his point of view.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Adam Johnson on 22:19 - Feb 11 with 1990 viewsmax936

Adam Johnson on 21:50 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

An interesting read. One thing that struck me is so many saying "Id never let my daughter do that at 15".

I dont wish to be the bringer of bad news but... I'd wager that the majority of 15 year olds these days have lost their virginity. Id suggest that sexual maturity is more the key factor here rather than a simple numerical age. I don't know the exact details but it could be a matter of 6 weeks between "legal" and "illegal" age. Would that 6 weeks trigger something drastic mentally to make one capable suddenly of making "adult" decisions?

When underage sex is involved everyone tends to jump to the "hang him" posts. But to suggest there are not differing degrees of this crime would be foolish. Pedophilia would be the crime of having sexual contact with someone who is not sexually mature. Having sexual contact with a sexually mature teen is not the same thing in my eyes. I lost my virginity at 15 to a 18 year old girl, I don't for one second consider her a pedophile, even though in the eyes of the law she was an adult and I was a child.

I echo the posters sentiments that Johnson is a stupid idiot who should know better and will rightly be punished. But to brand him a pedophile would be trying to make it something it is not to perpetuate a pitch fork mentality which is become en vogue these days.

He's admitted to grooming the girl, that's the serious issue, not the fact that lads meet girls at various places and innocently end up doing things that they shouldn't/ wouldn't have done on knowing the girl was underage.
The facts are that he knew she was underage and groomed her to a point where sexual contact took place, it was premeditated that makes him far more than an idiot,tw@t etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 1970 viewsmonmouth

Adam Johnson on 22:15 - Feb 11 by AngelRangelQS

Presumably he's going to be arguing that the things he's pleaded guilty to are the full extent of his crimes and things didn't go any further

Yes that's how I read it..."I'm a good boy, I've come clean" is the seed that he is trying to sow in their minds. They'll think if there's any slight doubt, oh well they'll have him on what he's admitted anyway. Tat'll be what he's hoping anyway....whether he's innocent or guilty of those other charges.

Adam Johnson on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 1963 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 22:19 - Feb 11 by max936

He's admitted to grooming the girl, that's the serious issue, not the fact that lads meet girls at various places and innocently end up doing things that they shouldn't/ wouldn't have done on knowing the girl was underage.
The facts are that he knew she was underage and groomed her to a point where sexual contact took place, it was premeditated that makes him far more than an idiot,tw@t etc.

Grooming covers a lot of things. Do we know what grooming went on in this case?

Texting her while knowing she was not yet 16, is what has determined the grooming charge as far as I can see.
Adam Johnson on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1958 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 21:52 - Feb 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

10 pages on a guy who's pleaded guilty .!

Insane stuff.

But the guilty plea isn't what is being discussed so it makes no odds, we are all aware he is guilty of breaking the law.

What is being discussed is how a case like this does not consitute pedophila but extreme stupidity. I dont think anybody has suggested he shouldn't be punished... Unless ive missed it, in which case I wholeheartedly disagree with them.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 22:30]
Adam Johnson on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 1953 viewsmax936

Adam Johnson on 22:27 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

Grooming covers a lot of things. Do we know what grooming went on in this case?

Texting her while knowing she was not yet 16, is what has determined the grooming charge as far as I can see.

In fairness he's admitted grooming, which is an offence, for it to be seen as an office lm assuming that it has to be far more sinister than just friendly casual texting.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Adam Johnson on 22:46 - Feb 11 with 1901 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 22:31 - Feb 11 by max936

In fairness he's admitted grooming, which is an offence, for it to be seen as an office lm assuming that it has to be far more sinister than just friendly casual texting.

Thats the problem though isnt it, its language. "Grooming" may well just be that, which is why it is important to discuss exact details rather than broad language which covers a whole host of depravity. Certain words have certain connotations so its important to be clear and case specific.

I believe in a case like this, texting eachother with the view of later sexual activity may well be broadly described as "grooming". but its hardly praying on an innocent 9 year old or such like is it. Thats all my point is.
Adam Johnson on 22:58 - Feb 11 with 1857 viewsmonmouth

Adam Johnson on 22:46 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

Thats the problem though isnt it, its language. "Grooming" may well just be that, which is why it is important to discuss exact details rather than broad language which covers a whole host of depravity. Certain words have certain connotations so its important to be clear and case specific.

I believe in a case like this, texting eachother with the view of later sexual activity may well be broadly described as "grooming". but its hardly praying on an innocent 9 year old or such like is it. Thats all my point is.

Well yes,when you are 26 and she is 15 and you know it with a view to future sexual activity then it is extremely clear cut.

I'm amazed that people still are trying to generalise to gloss over those basic facts. I don't get that at all. If you're looking for stupidity then it's choosing to be a criminal rather than waiting until she was 16 and merely being a scumbag. That does point to a potentially dangerous compulsion, because surely nobody is simply that stupid, are they? Even someone from Sunderland.

Adam Johnson on 23:22 - Feb 11 with 1820 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 22:46 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

Grooming is a specific offence - communication with a child with the specific intent to meet and commit a sexual offence.

Harmless texting with a 15 year old is not grooming.

The difference in age by the way is covered by the law - if she was 9 rather than 15 it is seen as a more serious offence.

I don't understand this whole 'mistake' thing - he may have made mistakes on the football field - in this case he knew a girl was underage, communicated with her knowing she was underage, met with her knowing she was underage and had some sexual activity with her (we don't know as yet the extent) when she was underage. That's not a mistake, that's a crime.
Adam Johnson on 23:37 - Feb 11 with 1799 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 19:45 - Feb 11 by pencoedjack

They have cancelled his contract now

Who's gonna cancel skippy?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adam Johnson on 23:40 - Feb 11 with 1793 viewsskippyjack

Adam Johnson on 23:37 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

why?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Adam Johnson on 23:41 - Feb 11 with 1786 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 23:40 - Feb 11 by skippyjack

why?

F*ck off you mug.

Adam Johnson on 23:45 - Feb 11 with 1787 viewsAyewSerious

Adam Johnson on 22:58 - Feb 11 by monmouth

Well yes,when you are 26 and she is 15 and you know it with a view to future sexual activity then it is extremely clear cut.

I'm amazed that people still are trying to generalise to gloss over those basic facts. I don't get that at all. If you're looking for stupidity then it's choosing to be a criminal rather than waiting until she was 16 and merely being a scumbag. That does point to a potentially dangerous compulsion, because surely nobody is simply that stupid, are they? Even someone from Sunderland.

Of course it is. Nobody is saying he isnt guilty of this, the point being made is she is a sexually mature teen and at an age where many (id say majority) of people are sexually active from their own free will. Of course they are going to text, it is 2016, texting is part of daily life these days. Id also wager there has rarely been a sexual encounter without texting or phone calls first, its what happens. The sexual bit is the issue, not the texting (which now comes under "grooming").

I wouldn't be too concerned about the texting bit in the slightest, is is part and parcel of forming a relationship, be that sexual or otherwise. So this grooming thing is spoken of as some seedy depraved praying criminal, which I just dont buy. It is en vogue to hang these people out to dry. On facebook earlier one person suggested bringing back public hanging for people found guilty like Adam Johnson - madness.

He is guilty, absolutely. He deserves to be tried and punished under the letter of the law, absolutely. But to suggest he is a pedophile, or a nonce or having comparisons to actual pedophiles such as Glitter and Watkins as just ridiculous. Hes a very silly man whos stupidity holds no bounds and will probably learn a very valuable lesson as he takes his life into the post pro footballer days.
Adam Johnson on 00:05 - Feb 12 with 1766 viewsItchySphincter

Adam Johnson on 23:45 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

Of course it is. Nobody is saying he isnt guilty of this, the point being made is she is a sexually mature teen and at an age where many (id say majority) of people are sexually active from their own free will. Of course they are going to text, it is 2016, texting is part of daily life these days. Id also wager there has rarely been a sexual encounter without texting or phone calls first, its what happens. The sexual bit is the issue, not the texting (which now comes under "grooming").

I wouldn't be too concerned about the texting bit in the slightest, is is part and parcel of forming a relationship, be that sexual or otherwise. So this grooming thing is spoken of as some seedy depraved praying criminal, which I just dont buy. It is en vogue to hang these people out to dry. On facebook earlier one person suggested bringing back public hanging for people found guilty like Adam Johnson - madness.

He is guilty, absolutely. He deserves to be tried and punished under the letter of the law, absolutely. But to suggest he is a pedophile, or a nonce or having comparisons to actual pedophiles such as Glitter and Watkins as just ridiculous. Hes a very silly man whos stupidity holds no bounds and will probably learn a very valuable lesson as he takes his life into the post pro footballer days.

hmmmmmmmmm..........he's gone out of his way to groom a child for sex. He's got a beautiful wife at home, he could have had a bit on the side but he's gone after a child. that is the single biggest thing here. Whether he had sex or not is irrelevant, he actively pursued sex with a child. He's not a bit of a boy, or a bit stupid, he's a paedo.

Adam Johnson on 00:13 - Feb 12 with 1752 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 23:45 - Feb 11 by AyewSerious

Don't understand why you're talking about this as though they were two kids the same age.

They weren't - that's not prosecuted these days.

Texting as part and parcel of forming a relationship - are you actually serious?

He was a grown man in his late twenties, she was a 15 year old. He was texting her for sex - that's the whole point! Even if he'd never met her, or if a policeman had found the texts and pretended to be her it's still a crime - now does that sounds like a harmless text to you ?

What if he'd been 40 - would that have been a harmless bit of texting fun?? 60? When in your eyes does it become disgusting?

Anyway - you don't think it's seedy and he's just a silly man - it's absolutely terrifying that people think like that, it really is.
Adam Johnson on 00:15 - Feb 12 with 1732 viewsAyewSerious

No not "a bit of a boy" at all, I would never suggest such a moronic thing. But not a paedo either, hence why he hasnt been tried for pedophilia. He was having an affair with a sexually mature, sexually active and more than willing partner who he knew was just under the threshold of what is and isnt allowed by law.

So while I completely agree he is guilty of sexual relationship with an underage girl, I cannot join in the "peado", "went after a child", "seedy grooming" stuff that comes with it. If that was the case then half my school were the victims of pedophilia including myself, who I may add actively seek out older and more experienced sexual partners.

I don't know why people have such an issue with seeing it as it is withiut having to sensationalise things. Very wrong thing to do, should know better at 26 and will be punished accordingly. But lets not pretend he is a monster of humanity.
Adam Johnson on 00:25 - Feb 12 with 1715 viewsraynor94

Adam Johnson on 23:37 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

Long overdue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Adam Johnson on 00:26 - Feb 12 with 1712 viewslondonlisa2001

Adam Johnson on 00:15 - Feb 12 by AyewSerious

No not "a bit of a boy" at all, I would never suggest such a moronic thing. But not a paedo either, hence why he hasnt been tried for pedophilia. He was having an affair with a sexually mature, sexually active and more than willing partner who he knew was just under the threshold of what is and isnt allowed by law.

So while I completely agree he is guilty of sexual relationship with an underage girl, I cannot join in the "peado", "went after a child", "seedy grooming" stuff that comes with it. If that was the case then half my school were the victims of pedophilia including myself, who I may add actively seek out older and more experienced sexual partners.

I don't know why people have such an issue with seeing it as it is withiut having to sensationalise things. Very wrong thing to do, should know better at 26 and will be punished accordingly. But lets not pretend he is a monster of humanity.

Hang on a minute- what do you mean a sexually mature, sexually active, more than willing partner?

How the hell do you know that? You don't even know who she is - she hasn't been named. So you are instantly judging her.

And the second her dad found out she'd had sex he called the police - does that sound like a girl who was known to be sexually active to you?

The law changes at the age of 13 as I have mentioned and he's being tried and wil be sentenced accordingly.

And NO - half of your school would not have been done - two young kids of the same or similar age are not prosecuted. There is only a prosecution where one is below the age of consent and one is above 24 to stop a boyfriend / girlfriend thing being a crime.

The way people talk about young kids as sexually mature adults is unbelievable to me. If you genuinely can't see the difference between two 15 year olds having a fumble and a grown man persuading a 15 year old to meet him for sex then I just don't think it's worth discussing any more.
Adam Johnson on 00:26 - Feb 12 with 1711 viewsperchrockjack

Glad I managed to stay out of this thread of hypocritical cant of the finest kind.

Incredible to see such disingenuous Shute.

Simply put, if a 15 yr old boy goes out and is seen as a shagger then he s seen as a bit of a lad but a girl of the same age seen as a slag.

All men s thinking on sexually offences is based in this outdated ,misongynistic bollux.

Johnson is a prick, a stupid ,naive nob but in a way he s vulnerable to his own stupidity.

Paedophile offences have always been perpetrated but now they are seen as a way for men to purge their inate hypocrisy.

So there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024